What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ask Cryptic: September 2012

Comments

• Options
    piwright42piwright42 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I have two things in the game that I feel are of immediate importance. From prior pollls I knew one would get a lot more support than the other. That is why I chose PvP over KDF.

I also knew that just before The.Grand.Nagus' poll it was said their would be no Romulan faction before the KDF was "complete." I suspected that was the prime reason The KDF was so far in the lead in that poll.

Given the amount of time that has passed I am not at all surprised that the Romulans are in the lead. Still I am surprised that the Romulans have a narrow two percent lead at this time. Heck when I originally voted yesterday The KDF enjoyed about a two percent lead.

Edited to add the word "of" and "immediate." Changed "important" to "importance."
    If you are a pickle in a pickle jar you know every pickle's different, sort of, but really they're all just pickles...
    They taste the same.
  • Options
    woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    For me, it's a tie between more FE, more KDF content and playable Romulans (playable Remans?). I've voted FE.

Just an idea for a playable Borg faction someday: How about each player being... a Borg Princess commanding her own ship! The quest giver would be the Queen herself or the Borg King. :cool:
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • Options
    starfish1701starfish1701 Member Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I checked "Exploration", as I feel (for me) that's what Star Trek is about, and what can absolutley be added to a computer game. I feel I get more exploration from walking around Skyrim than I do from STO, and it has the immersion factor that I crave from STO.

Same game, different faction?
    Same game, different ship?
    It's still the same game :o

Add something that feels different. The DOFF system was a classic example adding something that made STO feel like a totally different game.

More of that please. :)
  • Options
    baragaulbaragaul Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    The option Id like to click isnt there. Which would be to be able to set a default uniform for my ships crew.
    Pugio In Averso Belli
  • Options
    kwiat007kwiat007 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I always thought STO should be a two faction game, but it should be Romulans and federation and not federation and klingons! ;):D

Seriously speaking, there should be 3 main faction in the game and we, the Romulans, are waiting far too long.
    [SIGPIC]Join Date: August 2009[/SIGPIC]
    I live in an alternate universe, where j.j. abrams and cryptic never existed,
    where R.S.E. is what it always should be.
  • Options
    redfriarredfriar Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If we could rank this:
    PVP
    Crafting
    Playable Romulans
    Exploration
  • Options
    mrspidey2mrspidey2 Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    psiameese wrote: »
    So exploration is no longer thought to be seeing a revamp for Season 7? I have to say that disappoints me.
    Exploration will always feel half-baked. For true exploration, you need imagination and the freedom to create whatever you imagine. Unfortunatetly, you cannot programm Imagination and a game engine will always be limited to a point.

What you can do is randomized content which feels like imagination until you have experienced all possible outcomes. At that point, the content becomes repetitive. There's just no way around that.

I say, leave exploration as it is and focus on things that can truly improve the game.
    2bnb7apx.jpg
  • Options
    zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    @ Poll
    More Feature Episodes 226 16.78%
    More KDF Content 305 22.64%
    More Fleet Missions / STFs 88 6.53%
    More Foundry Improvements 21 1.56%
    More Rare Ships 30 2.23%
    Playable Romulans 361 26.80%
    Improve PVP 133 9.87%
    Improve Duty Officer System 25 1.86%
    Improve Crafting 40 2.97%
    Improve Exploration 118 8.76%

current status

Interesting...

Playable Romulans 361 26.80%
    More KDF Content 305 22.64%
    Romulan and KDF Content is on the Top, both are things we have been waiting for a long time now.

More Feature Episodes 226 16.78%
    3rd place. Sure we want STORY, we want STAR TREK and with 1 year between every FE expectations and demand are high.

Improve PVP 133 9.87%
    Improve Exploration 118 8.76%
    both important aspects of the game that have been neglected since the game launched,
    not much hope for either at this point so why vote for it?

More Fleet Missions / STFs 88 6.53%
    we know new stuff is coming (S7 Colony + Into the Hive), we got a lot of it this season
    but ultimately STORY > GRIND
    i'd say we got enough grind, right now at least.
    but i am pretty sure that more STFs on its own would have gotten more votes than Fleet Missions.

More Rare Ships 30 2.23%
    so those are the people wanting more LockBoxes eh?

Improve Duty Officer System 25 1.86%

All i have to say here is, do not touch a running System!
    *ahem* i obviously had to vote for this... *points at sig*

but yah, the DOff System is pretty much perfect, what happens if you try to improve a perfect system? you may end up making it worse...
    imho the up and down grinders at the academy would not have been needed to begin with, the fleetbase doffs were a critical disaster and now even the dilithium for dismissing them has been nerfed.
    Stop TRIBBLE around with Heretics formula for the System,
    come back to me if you have actual improvements,
    and not only some silly new LockBox or C-Store DOffs i am not playing this for the Active Roster Powers alone either.
    The last (caitian/ferasan) chain that was added was way to easy to be fun.

If you ask me, the DOff system has peaked out in the FUN area a while ago, and now it is only in maintenance and milking mode.

That i did not have to update my DOff Sheet in weeks (and that my user numbers are constantly going down) is the best indicator that nothing viable has been going on since Heretic left :(

More Foundry Improvements 21 1.56%
    Foundry in last position? WOW!
    The one place where all the new Mission Content is.... but no Loot at all.
    How about adding the Foundry to your new reputation system ??? ...and giving it some real loot that way?
    Obviously there needs to be done more than just some Foundry Spotlight on the Homepage.

Oh and... good job on adding 50 Fleet Marks to THE ONE Quest in the game, that is exploited on a daily basis by half (if not more) of the Playerbase.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    And let STO die too I guess, a narrow point of view for sure. If you'd even check out the forums, the KDF player base have had it with the lack of development and if the Dev's decided to do a Romulan faction before finishing off the KDF to a satisfactory level a good portion of Cryptic's income will fly out the door. Do you really want a Romulan faction to be in the same boat the KDF faction has been in since launch? If they loose 20% of their market, Cryptic would have to downsize it's staff would would also slow down development for all aspects of the game.

There were promises made to the KDF faction before the game even went live, none to the Romulans. I too would like to see the Romulans but not before Cryptic can show us that they can develop two factions with equality and unbiased towards either faction.

To be totally honest, a 3rd faction is not needed at this age of the game. Maybe in a few years, but certainly not now.

It's in all players best interests for KDF development.

I don't think lack of KDF will kill STO, the money comes from the Federation side, not the KDF, which is why the FED's get more ships in the C store. so far on the forums as far i can tell the KDF playerbase are neck in neck with the Romulan faction playerbase, so i really dont see STO in dire need to rush KDF content or the game will die.

Even if they put a half Romulan Faction...at least we would finally get the Romulan faction, and from there we can start the yelling like KDF, and also show the KDF playerbase how to really use cloak.:P

Romulans have been asked since the start of STO, long before the cries of more KDF content started.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    mrkollinsmrkollins Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I voted for PvP

Is sad to see the "majority" of the people choosing Romulans instead of end game content.

With romulans what you got? new ships? new planets? and then guess what? back to the boring grinding.

You guys only want a "new shiny thingy", i really enjoy this game but it needs more real end game content
    Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    A couple of things from the Q&A:
    - The decloak 'not-a-bug' was always talked about as a bug that needed fixing when it first arose, just because its a lot of work to fix, doesn't change that.
    - I assume that means we're never getting shuttlebays on our ship if the focus is towards fleet holdings and the default option will remove the need to go on your ship for the shuttle?

With the poll -
    More Feature Episodes
    More KDF Conent
    Improve Exploration
    Improved Crafting
    More Foundry Improvments
    Improve PVP
    More Fleet Missions / STFs
    Playable Romulans
    Improved Duty Officer System
    More Rare Ships

I assume more rare ships means lock boxes, which I still don't agree with as a method of gaining items.

And I still don't know why people have such tunnel vision on the Romulans. Don't get me wrong, I love the Romulans and would absolutely love to fly a D'deridex as its one of my favourite ships, but can we please get the KDF and many other features up to speed first as changing/ correcting/ fixing features will take even more effort with another unfinished faction thrown into the mix. Also, think of the development hours that will be taken up making the faction which could be used adding to the game as it is.
  • Options
    zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    I don't think lack of KDF will kill STO, the money comes from the Federation side, not the KDF, which is why the FED's get more ships in the C store. so far on the forums as far i can tell the KDF playerbase are neck in neck with the Romulan faction playerbase, so i really dont see STO in dire need to rush KDF content or the game will die.

Even if they put a half Romulan Faction...at least we would finally get the Romulan faction, and from there we can start the yelling like KDF, and also show the KDF playerbase how to really use cloak.:P

Romulans have been asked since the start of STO, long before the cries of more KDF content started.

I am in for warbirds, romulan bop, and thalaron drones.
  • Options
    captmack001captmack001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Has this poll been displayed on the bulletin message board as you log in i think it needs to lets people know you guys are taking thoughts and more people will come to the forums and help us choose
  • Options
    nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Cryptic has shown that it does not always act in line with their polls. So I'll take this with a grain of salt.
  • Options
    rrincyrrincy Member Posts: 1,023
    edited September 2012
    I can understand the romulan fans wanting their own faction and content , but i really have to agree with whats being said by the KDF.
    if you really stop all work on the klingons and federation ( because thats exactly what will have to happen ) to shoehorn in the romulans , with probably starting at level 24 play like the klingons , only basic ships ( c-store stuff will take even more time ) you'd be left with less content than the KDF had at launch, a ghost to the currently unfleshed skeleton that is the current KDF.

is that REALLY what you want ?

let them finish the klingons off , get that faction to where it needs to be , fully fleshed out 1-50 leveling , more ships etc

THEN they can make a fresh start on romulans and build it from the ground up , rushing into it now just because people want to fly a warbird will cripple the game completely
    Im all for the romulans being in game , i really am , with playable hirogen along with a couple other possible allies maybe ( breen ? make a mini typhon pact ? )
    but it really CANT happen until the klingons are done
    12th Fleet
    Rear Admiral , Engineering Division
    U.S.S. Sheffield N.C.C. 92016
  • Options
    thenum1sparkythenum1sparky Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    When you open the inventory screen and it shows all the resources you have, can you please add ZEN to the list, lots of room for it.

Next question when will mystery lock boxes hold something else beside what ever the current run of the mil box is for that session.

Forth question, and i know ill get some nay saying about this, but has STO ever entertained the idea of adding some sort of the Kazon ships/people/items to STO? if so is there a plan for this, or just talked about and never went anywhere?

Last question can it be made possible to buy and sell dilithium for EC? or maybe even trade Very Rare objects/equipment for it?
  • Options
    gong1fu1pandagong1fu1panda Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    More voice overs!!!!!!! Especially in episodes!!!!!!!
  • Options
    captmack001captmack001 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    yes because SWTOR is not the greatest example of how voice overs get annoying and boring.
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    I can understand the romulan fans wanting their own faction and content , but i really have to agree with whats being said by the KDF.
    if you really stop all work on the klingons and federation ( because thats exactly what will have to happen ) to shoehorn in the romulans , with probably starting at level 24 play like the klingons , only basic ships ( c-store stuff will take even more time ) you'd be left with less content than the KDF had at launch, a ghost to the currently unfleshed skeleton that is the current KDF.

is that REALLY what you want ?

let them finish the klingons off , get that faction to where it needs to be , fully fleshed out 1-50 leveling , more ships etc

THEN they can make a fresh start on romulans and build it from the ground up , rushing into it now just because people want to fly a warbird will cripple the game completely
    Im all for the romulans being in game , i really am , with playable hirogen along with a couple other possible allies maybe ( breen ? make a mini typhon pact ? )
    but it really CANT happen until the klingons are done

Tired of waiting for them to "finish the KDF" I don't mid starting at level 20, but i speak for myself, when i say i was happy when they had the KDF starting at 20, compared to before it was hell to max out a KDF, now it's cake, I'm fine with that.

In the End, what matters is end game content, regardless if it's for both factions. in the end the Federation and Klingon's are going to end up in the same spot anyway fighting Iconians, and finishing off the Borg...It's not even a War at this point so i say bring on the real trek bad guys The Romulans, and make the KDF allies again of the Federation.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    synthiasuicidesynthiasuicide Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    edited September 2012

Its because of the way you gotta level to 24 before unlocking KDF that the games in the state it is with Fed making them so much more money then KDF.

I was one of those that wanted to start as Klingon, but couldnt, and by the time I hit 24 I was too involved in my fed to try Klink. Then after spending all that time, I spent Money for a special Ship for my fed at Lvl 50. Well, TRIBBLE now I'm MORE invested in my fed.

Took me awhile to finally try what I wanted to begin with, a Klink. So the money I Spent on that Fed woulda originally went to KDF ships instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Tired of waiting for them to "finish the KDF" I don't mid starting at level 20, but i speak for myself, when i say i was happy when they had the KDF starting at 20, compared to before it was hell to max out a KDF, now it's cake, I'm fine with that.

In the End, what matters is end game content, regardless if it's for both factions. in the end the Federation and Klingon's are going to end up in the same spot anyway fighting Iconians, and finishing off the Borg...It's not even a War at this point so i say bring on the real trek bad guys The Romulans, and make the KDF allies again of the Federation.

yes , but all that accomplishes is making most if not all of the KDF leave in disgust , which would hurt the game immensely. they've been promised and promised and promised content until the cows come home . they need it more than we need a romulan faction right now im afraid to say.
    we'll not see another federation KDF alliance in game , at least i really hope not , since it destroy the whole point of the game so far. the only way they ally at all these days is through omega force , which is a dedicated party designed to combat the borg

Id love for the rommies to get done , they're sly evil buggers and cool with it , but what it needs is careful planning and lots of ground work done before it can even start being made.
    for starters they would need more ships and ship variants designing , since the current romulan ships would no way support a faction , theres like , 4-5 at the very most.
    secondly , who allies with them? hirogen sure , who else ? breen ? kazon ?

thirdly , have to redesign all the of the romulan sector blocks , add loads of new maps , homeworld location on rator etc

lastly , mission content , even starting at 20 odd they would need a LOAD of missions available , not to mention all the of the existing episodes would need to be redone almost entirely to accomadate the romulans

it really isnt just feasible when you consider all the klingons needs is mission content and more ships when it boils down to it.
    12th Fleet
  • Options
    xpectadeth68xpectadeth68 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I hear these people complaining about how "unfinished" the KDF side is,and while i do agree there is more work to be done...creating a whole new playable romulan faction not only would not stifle future klingon growth,but it just makes common sense to FINALLY give life to the romulan side of this universe...and its LONG OVERDUE.

the romulans are a major power in the quadrant,and for MOST of star trek history,the principle antagonist against the fed-klingon alliance.We cant just dismiss the romulans simply because the current klingon players are only thinking of what THEY want.

What i REALLY think these "no romulan more KDF" picket sign holders are REALLY afraid of,is when they do make a romulan faction,and everyone who went KDF because they HATE the fed side and had NO OTHER CHOICE suddenly DO have a choice and leave KDF to go romulan??? Then the KDF will suddenly NOT have as many players to hover in orbit over Qonos with doing nothing.

I can tell you right now that if this game had started with a romulan faction from the beginning,the ONLY reason i would have played FED is just long enuff to get to my romulan ....then i wouldve forgotten ALL about the klingons AND the feds...until it was time to decloak my warbird suddenly behind them and paint they backsides with my forward disruptor array.

Dont let these klingon petaQ`s selfishness deprive the romulan fans of their rightful piece of the star trek pie because they dont want to find themselves without as many playmates as they have now.

There are many KDF players who will leave to go romulan if they have a chance..and THAT is what these people are really afraid of...Qonos suddenly becoming a ghost town...and the new romulan capital becoming the new "it place".
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I hear these people complaining about how "unfinished" the KDF side is,and while i do agree there is more work to be done...creating a whole new playable romulan faction not only would not stifle future klingon growth,but it just makes common sense to FINALLY give life to the romulan side of this universe...and its LONG OVERDUE.

the romulans are a major power in the quadrant,and for MOST of star trek history,the principle antagonist against the fed-klingon alliance.We cant just dismiss the romulans simply because the current klingon players are only thinking of what THEY want.

What i REALLY think these "no romulan more KDF" picket sign holders are REALLY afraid of,is when they do make a romulan faction,and everyone who went KDF because they HATE the fed side and had NO OTHER CHOICE suddenly DO have a choice and leave KDF to go romulan??? Then the KDF will suddenly NOT have as many players to hover in orbit over Qonos with doing nothing.

I can tell you right now that if this game had started with a romulan faction from the beginning,the ONLY reason i would have played FED is just long enuff to get to my romulan ....then i wouldve forgotten ALL about the klingons AND the feds...until it was time to decloak my warbird suddenly behind them and paint they backsides with my forward disruptor array.

Dont let these klingon petaQ`s selfishness deprive the romulan fans of their rightful piece of the star trek pie because they dont want to find themselves without as many playmates as they have now.

There are many KDF players who will leave to go romulan if they have a chance..and THAT is what these people are really afraid of...Qonos suddenly becoming a ghost town...and the new romulan capital becoming the new "it place".

lolol klingon ' selfishness'
    i think i just cried with laughter
    you honestly believe that the klingons wanting their faction brought up to the same level as the federation , which was promised at launch is them being . selfish ?

romulans will come . they'e said they will come . but the way things stand right now , its impractical and unreasonable to expect them any time soon
    12th Fleet
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    Ok so romulans are winning....As I stated earlier...I knew this would happen...Romulans ingame solve alot...

As I stated it opens up 3 way pvp, gives more ground/space to explore, adds a TRIBBLE load of new stuff to buy from the store...to the user who said the race wouldnt be a pay to unlock option you really need to have more coffee and wake up.

Now...this next part is going to be really hard for alot of kdf fans to acknowledge but the truth will hurt a bit....

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING??? We want kdf missions 1-20 ....why in god's name would you want the devs to spend months making 20 or so missions that will extend your leveling time by like 2 days in its current form?

Have none of you even considered that? My proposal is simple..let kdf be a choosable faction from the start but still keep the start level at 21, put in a daily kdf only mission...ala bat'tleth tournament or something, put more end game content in...not something that takes you all of 2 extra days for the devs months of work..that is illogical at best.

People have stated that the romulan faction would be in no better shape than the kdf...tbh i doubt we will even get half the love the kdf get and thats fine with me. I DONT CARE. Whats the point of trying to put in 50 some odd missions to level when leveling is done in days...

as Bones once put it...it took god 6 days to create earth, but watch out here comes f2p leveling...now it takes 6 minutes! and its true.
    But thats hardly the issue. Wether it takes 6 minutes or 6 days to level in the end you still have horrible 2 way pvp, only a few end game grind mechanics and thats about it...
    there needs to be another faction in some form and there needs to be way more end game stuff.

And I have to keep saying this to my kdf comrades...at least you have a faction in some form...what do we Romulans have? you know the other part of the power triangle of the alpha/beta quadrant...its always been fed kdf rse that were the 3 heaviest factions in the st universe...so what do we get....a doff and ale ingame...thats it so far...

I'll make a deal with kdf community and development, give us our faction to some degree, ships costumes base, place to craft, and myself and many others will shut up for awhile and push for kdf content ourselves. Just give us a chance to live.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    realuniqueonerealuniqueone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    So we want romulans, and klingon content....

Cryptic doesn't have the resources to dedicate to klingon specific content... fine...

Here is how you create story content for all factions in 1 go:

Why not add something like the Nyberrite Alliance and let all factions do quests for them?

No need to create separate new content for factions, and any new factions automaticly have access to all the content, and the missions could give access to specific ships/items/skills that the factions normally can not get access to?

Kill multiple birds with one stone.

There is very little lore about them (about all we know is they are friendly to both the federation and klingons - perfect match?), so the devs should have no issues coming up with stories.

Would this not be win for everyone???
    >>> UniqueOne - Providing you with easy PVP kills since Feb 2012 <<<
  • Options
    toivatoiva Member Posts: 3,276 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    If devs were to forget about all they're doing right now and all started working on the Romulan Star Empire (which, to be honest, seems what many of you think will happen if Romulans win this poll :rolleyes: ), it would end up another half baked faction with an eventually rather small and vocal playerbase like the KDF has right now.

Thankfully, it would seem from the AskCryptic that DStahl understands that if STO is to be a multi faction game, those factions need to on par with each other. That would bytheway mean the creating of the RSE would require a massive investment (after the already not negligeable amount of work KDF needs). Because of that, they seem to consider a sort of "mini-faction" in order to avoid having to create a full-fledged faction (basically a full year of work) and keeping STO primarily a 2-side game on the long term.

EDIT: A little more tact added.
    TOIVA, Toi Vaxx, Toia Vix, Toveg, T'vritha, To Vrax: Bring in the Allegiance class.
    Toi'Va, Ti'vath, Toivia, Ty'Vris, Tia Vex, Toi'Virth: Add Tier 6 KDF Carrier and Raider.
    Tae'Va, T'Vaya, To'Var, Tevra, T'Vira, To'Vrak: Give us Asylums for Romulans.

Don't make ARC mandatory! Keep it optional only!
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    rrincy wrote: »
    yes , but all that accomplishes is making most if not all of the KDF leave in disgust , which would hurt the game immensely. they've been promised and promised and promised content until the cows come home . they need it more than we need a romulan faction right now im afraid to say.
    we'll not see another federation KDF alliance in game , at least i really hope not , since it destroy the whole point of the game so far. the only way they ally at all these days is through omega force , which is a dedicated party designed to combat the borg

Id love for the rommies to get done , they're sly evil buggers and cool with it , but what it needs is careful planning and lots of ground work done before it can even start being made.
    for starters they would need more ships and ship variants designing , since the current romulan ships would no way support a faction , theres like , 4-5 at the very most.
    secondly , who allies with them? hirogen sure , who else ? breen ? kazon ?

thirdly , have to redesign all the of the romulan sector blocks , add loads of new maps , homeworld location on rator etc

lastly , mission content , even starting at 20 odd they would need a LOAD of missions available , not to mention all the of the existing episodes would need to be redone almost entirely to accomadate the romulans

it really isnt just feasible when you consider all the klingons needs is mission content and more ships when it boils down to it.

There are more Romulan Sector block then KDF, also they are adding another zone for season 7 that will have a romulan colony. The Romulan planets are in sector space, so they have to add maps.

This is not just something people have just started asking for it's been asked for a while...the Romulan cows have been home a lot longer than the Klingon cows.

also cryptic have said for season 7 they will try something new when it comes to story content, so maybe if it works they can make mission content fast, with les cost than FE have been for them.

Also i hope they do end the war, its not a war, and having the Klingons and Federation at War, with the same plot as DS9 is a insult to Gene Roddenberry who wanted the Federation's biggest enemy in TOS, to be their allies in TNG. So like DS9 I hope they follow it and end the "War" and any KDF v. FED PVP in peace can just be considered a Galactic "NATO" exercise.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    toiva wrote: »
    If devs were to forget about all they're doing right now and all started working on the Romulan Star Empire (which, to be honest, seems what many of you think will happen if Romulans win this poll :rolleyes: ), it would end up another half baked faction with an eventually rather small and vocal playerbase like the KDF has right now.

I don't think anyone thinks if the Romulan's win the poll, the dev's will drop their plans for season 7 and make a new faction with space magic.
    GwaoHAD.png
  • Options
    kelmorbranonkelmorbranon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I feel it's important to fix what's ingame now before trying to throw another faction into the mix. I KNOW many will not agree, however simply throwing more into the game without fixing/finishing what's already in won't solve the overall problems.

In Order from Most Important to Least Important:

1) Improve PVP: Honestly, PvP is in critical condition. Is STO an MMORPG or a CO-OP game? Get it on its feet.

2) Improve Exploration: To quote a fleetmate - "Boring, avoided often, & so not trek."

3) Improve Crafting: Crafting could be used in numerous ways ingame, but it isn't :confused: ...

4) Improve Duty Officer System: Currently good for what's intended, but it could use some finishing touches. Also, the mention of creating an app to manage DOff assignments out-of-game put a big :D on my face.

5) More Foundry Improvements: A GREAT deal of potential here, & could (in time) turn into Cryptic's "bread & butter." The more tools available to the community, the better.

6) More Rare Ships: Specifically, the ships that have been talked about coming ingame for the longest time now. Get those in, at the very least.

7) More KDF Content: Enough content to level a KDF from Level 1 to 50 without excessive grinding. And I, personally, do not take comfort in the thought of a Romulan faction coming ingame BEFORE this is done. Finish what you started, Cryptic, as my confidence in your treatment of factions is lacking.

8) More Fleet Missions / STFs: Into the Hive & Children of Khan ... they're overdue :rolleyes: . While you're at it, will you please fix/revamp Terradome?

9) Playable Romulans: As in Romulan FACTION (just want to be clear on that). Enough content to level a Romulan from Level 1 to 50 without excessive grinding. Please, learn from your mistakes with the KDF faction.

10) More Feature Episodes: This, I believed, was suppose to be series of missions to add story content every couple months or so. Which would lead me to believe it's ACTUALLY intended to be added to a FINISHED product. Fix the game first.

All that said, I'm also going to add two more points:

Endgame: I keep hearing this is being addressed extensively, at present. I sincerely hope so.

Bridge Officer Race: Specifically ... Where are the Benzite Bridge Officers? Nearest I can tell, they're the only ones missing from what's already ingame now.

Again, just my opinion.
    "If your conscience is bothering you, you should sooth it with the knowledge that you may have just saved the ENTIRE Alpha Quadrant. And all it cost was the life of one Romulan senator, one criminal, & the self-respect of one Starfleet officer. I don't know about you, but I call that a bargain." - Elim Garak
  • Options
    r0mulannpcr0mulannpc Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited September 2012
    I voted playable Romulan, and i want a full faction.

Let the KDF have more content and we take it over through our sly ways !!!

Now dsahl has said he's got more crew to make content with, and i believe that team will only focus on that. right dan?

Loads of assets ingame to use for a proper romulan faction which would help to reduce the workload. So setup a playable bare bones faction from that, and then build on it.
    It's clear to me cryptic don't have the resources or budget to tackle it in one go, so do it in stages. Basically i feel this is what they wanted with the kdf, but didn't tackle it properly in the past.

Why can't 1/3rd of that content team be working on romulan faction, be it system design, skills etc. Another 1/3rd doing KDF content , like art building the gorn homeworld map. And finally story etc doing Feature Episodes for all.

What i getting at is, What's needed for this game is to have a content factory pipe that has different parts of that content team working on rotation between Romulan, Klingon and Featured Epsiodes, with focus on reducing time delays and holdup within the teams working on sto.

IMHO best setup faction wise, Romulans playable only from there own faction with Remans and Vulcans as playable characters on that side, Serving the true Empress Donatra.
    KDF & FED with Reman character unlock ( possibly through reputation system ) with Obisek tied in somehow?

And DAN will the Romulan Faction UI be Green? and can we have a FE with bringing Romulus back please !!
This discussion has been closed.