Install Arc
Options

So are Starbase doffs "Working as Expected"

Comments

• Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Well ain't this just peachy.

Bought a bunch of doffs off the exchange hoping to contribute them... Tah-dah! Sodding Fleet Doffs!

Least I know why they were so cheap. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If the intention is to have DOff prices deflate massively when people no longer buy them for Projects, then I guess this would be the way to do it. Undermine consumer confidence in a product in the market so nobody buys them anymore... blame it on the whiners complaining about DOffs being too expensive for smaller Fleets. Now nobody gets them! :P
  • Options
    boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    darkjeff wrote: »
    If the intention is to have DOff prices deflate massively when people no longer buy them for Projects, then I guess this would be the way to do it. Undermine consumer confidence in a product in the market so nobody buys them anymore... blame it on the whiners complaining about DOffs being too expensive for smaller Fleets. Now nobody gets them! :P

Oh, but you can still get them. Buy Doff packs from the C-store.

See what I'm getting at? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Originally Posted by bluegeek
    That said, I could see where doffs on the Exchange could be used as an exploit to gather more Dilithium than a player could earn otherwise
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    Seriously dude? This would maybe be a valid point of concern if dilithium refining wasn't time gated, too. Remember when people complained that time gating dilithium was crappy on Cryptics part and the response was something along the lines of "we don't care how much you earn daily, but we have to have some measure of control of how much is availableon the economy" well, guess they decided to care about how much we earn and to control it by time gating.

And why not simply remove the dilithium from dismissing the fleet doff? Oh yeah, they did that AND made them not slottable on projects.

And then when the flaw in the plan was pointed out 16 hours before the patch went to holodeck, the reply from the devs was "working as intended".

I don't care how many threads get moved somewhere to die or how many people try to rationalize this as some sort of ok move by Cryptic - it isn't. And not even mentioning it in either the Tribble or Holodeck patch notes and the complete dev silence on the matter since the patch went live tells you everything you need to know about these changes...

working as intended.

I never said I agreed with it :)

It's always been clear that they wanted to limit how fast you could pile up ore as well as how fast you can refine it. It takes an enormous amount of time and energy to get ore, and methinks they like it that way.

It's also pretty clear that they don't want to make building a starbase easy to do.

The only part of this that might really upset me is that this essentially ruins the DO economy on the Exchange... you'll never know whether you're getting a "normal" DOFF or if somebody's trying to unload a fleet DOFF that's less useful than it ought to be. So... it makes me reluctant to try to buy any to attempt to meet project demands. I don't have millions of EC's stockpiled away that I can throw away on a risky proposition.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have told you GUYS 100 TIMES - the DEV's response is 100% accurate to what they wanted:

That's working as intended.

WORKING AS INTENDED - why is that so hard for people to understand - its back to a more dilth/ec and $$$ sink - ie "that's working as intended"
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    BTW...

Warped out of "Federation Gameplay", course layed in for "Duty Officer System"
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • Options
    captainbrown2captainbrown2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    I don't have any personal knowledge of who knows what, but I know the Community team is aware, and they're good about communicating that stuff to the right people. I also mentioned it to a friend at Cryptic who's not a developer and not part of the Community team, so I assume he'll bring it up too.

The community team is great at passing stuff along the lack of response on this is highly irritating as I warned branflakes (and he passed along) about this problem before the patch went live.

Now you have people making millions off unsuspecting buyers all enabled by this stealth change to the doffs and not being to happy about it obviously.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    I have told you GUYS 100 TIMES - the DEV's response is 100% accurate to what they wanted:

WORKING AS INTENDED - why is that so hard for people to understand - its back to a more dilth/ec and $$$ sink - ie "that's working as intended"

If setting up a system where people get ripped off on their EC is intended then I can think of a few other games that might just be more worthy of my time to be blunt.
  • Options
    palpha3clearancepalpha3clearance Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Working as intended must translate into does not make sense to anyone else and doing a half..... Job is exceptable to someone over there with no explanation?

I guess it is something we should not be complaining about we should be used to this level of incompetence as the status quo.
  • Options
    thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    captsaber wrote: »
    Ok, guys? Think about it! This was all done to get you to spend MORE MONEY!

Yet everytime they pull a stunt like this, I'm less inclined to spend money on this game. So it's not working, and we should let them know that.
  • Options
    kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    The only part of this that might really upset me is that this essentially ruins the DO economy on the Exchange... you'll never know whether you're getting a "normal" DOFF or if somebody's trying to unload a fleet DOFF that's less useful than it ought to be. So... it makes me reluctant to try to buy any to attempt to meet project demands. I don't have millions of EC's stockpiled away that I can throw away on a risky proposition.

Worse yet, people who pick up a fleet DOff on the exchange will likely just try to pay it forward by re-selling so it becomes someone else's problem. This means the fleet DOffs will never really leave the exchange, and will eventually inundate the market and kill the exchange rates.

Also, it is just allowing informed players to take advantage of unsuspecting players, especially since Cryptic is choosing not informing the playerbase that doesn't visit the forums.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • Options
    john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Same here, our fleet of 200 members is standing down on projects till this gets fixed. Myself and the other leaders of our fleet have all been contributing allot of real money to building this starbase, this doesn't get fixed we are going to be moving to a new game. Maybe time to checkout swtor or eve.......
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    I never said I agreed with it :)

It's always been clear that they wanted to limit how fast you could pile up ore as well as how fast you can refine it. It takes an enormous amount of time and energy to get ore, and methinks they like it that way.

It's also pretty clear that they don't want to make building a starbase easy to do.

You forget starbase building is/was a great sink, we spend milions ec (200/300) on doffs, ect.
    We are a smal fleet, level 8 almost tier3, spend betweeen 1 and 2 mil. on dilitium.
    I will not spend money on doff packs (did in the beginning, learned my lesson)
    That mean Starbase building stops, i keep my dil and ec and have less to do in STO.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I will repeat the response one last time - apparently it has not sunk in yet

THIS WAS THE RESPONSE TO PEOPLE TELLING THEM THAT THIS WOULD BE A MAJOR FU - AND HOPED IT HAD BEEN OVER-LOOKED OR WAS A BUG

as IN the DEV's response was to complaints that this was a bad idea and hoping it was a BUG

NO BUG - 'TAKE THAT PLAYERS'
  • Options
    l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I assume as a community mod you have a way of contacting Cryptic, if so it may be a good idea to get them onto this as a matter of urgency as this is going to cost them dearly in both goodwill and Zen purchases. If you can't do anything then fair enough but would be interested to know either way.

Cheers
    Matt

Bump!... Yes I agree with Matt

Thx
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • Options
    kyntakkokyntakko Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    From my point of view this happened with the last patch at 23th of August

Before it was possible to put Doffs bought in the starbase to put into starbase projects, since yesterday this do not work

It do not matter, if these are Doffs bought before the Patch, or now after this patch - the doffs are NOT accepted by the starbase projects, they dont be shown in the window where you can choose from

Must not say, that this is inacceptable, and i hope that this BUG will be quickly fixed

Tacko
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    kyntakko wrote: »
    From my point of view this happened with the last patch at 23th of August

Before it was possible to put Doffs bought in the starbase to put into starbase projects, since yesterday this do not work

It do not matter, if these are Doffs bought before the Patch, or now after this patch - the doffs are NOT accepted by the starbase projects, they dont be shown in the window where you can choose from

Must not say, that this is inacceptable, and i hope that this BUG will be quickly fixed

Tacko

Read My prior post - Cryptic has CONFIRMED this is NO BUG!! it's "working as intended"
  • Options
    recksracerrecksracer Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Or they should at least make them bound to character when opening the packs. At least they won't TRIBBLE up the exchange that way...

Overall, they should be using more common sense when implementing such changes. It would save their customers from lot's of anger and frustration.

Why have white fleet doffs at all if theyre bound to you?

What purpose would they serve?
  • Options
    recksracerrecksracer Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    baudl wrote: »
    you can still buy doffs and turn them into usable ones...only that they are more expenseive now.

2500 FC gave you 5 usable doffs...now you get for the same amount +10 dilithium 3 usable common doffs.

once your SB has the personel officer, you don't even need to return to SF academy to do the transition.

the change still sucks (no information, false patch notes, TRIBBLE up with the exchange)...but if you look at it more closely it is just a price increase for the doffs. Look at the bright side: you get 60 recruitment XP for each transaction! Hurray!

lets just hope they leave them crunshable at the personel officer...if they take out even that...sayonara cryptic and sto!

You are right, but the thing is that process is horribbly tedious.

Why would they want to impliment gameplay that feels like punishment?

Nobody is going to pay for that.
  • Options
    l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    recksracer wrote: »

Yup, agreed!

Starbase projects have more or less stopped

thx
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • Options
    mirai222mirai222 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The things slowing down our starbase projects progress are mainly fleet marks and dilithium, not DOffs, so I'm not too worried about it. However, I'm avoiding the Exchange for the time being.
  • Options
    baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    recksracer wrote: »

horrible, horrible, horrible...i just spend all morning from 10am to 13 pm buying fleet doffs worth 130k FC and changing them into usable ones for SB assignments...3 hours...not playing...only klicking...waiting 5 second...then klicking waiting 5 seconds...
    i probably won't do it anymore, since this was just a test if it was in anyway doable for me...

it was doable, but personally one of the dumbest thing i ever did with my "freetime". thank you cryptic now i know what it feels like to work in a factory doing the same move for 3 hours straight. A real eye opener!

PS: the "thank you" was sarcasm
    Go pro or go home
  • Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited August 2012
    Sorry for the ongoing silence on this issue, folks.

We recognize the inconvenience that a lack of clear indicator has caused on the Exchange, and are still discussing additional (or alternative) solutions to the underlying mechanics we were seeking to address.

I'm afraid we can't comment further than that on the issue at the moment. Just wanted to let you all know that it is definitely on our radar, and under discussion for additional resolution.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    edited August 2012

We recognize the inconvenience that a lack of clear indicator has caused on the Exchange, and are still discussing additional (or alternative) solutions to the underlying mechanics we were seeking to address.

I'm afraid we can't comment further than that on the issue at the moment. Just wanted to let you all know that it is definitely on our radar, and under discussion for additional resolution.

I really hope its a fast discussion because in the mean time your really letting people get screwed out of their energy credits but thanks for at least letting us know something. I am curious what mechanics was this attempting to address? I still can't think of a decent practical reason for this particular change in the first place.
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2012

They should work no different than regular DOFFs for the Starbase inputs, I think most feel. If they're gonna be available, they need to be allowed as inputs. If not, then at least let us get back Dilithium or CXP so they're of some use if we can't use them on our characters.
  • Options
    wilsoncutter001wilsoncutter001 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited August 2012

Thank You Sir for the offcial response.
This discussion has been closed.