So are Starbase doffs "Working as Expected"

Comments

• jam062307jam062307 Member Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    hes off for a week? wheres it say that?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=362991
    STOP THE
    tacofangs wrote: »
    We planned on doing it next weekend, but then we saw your post and were like, "Dude, we should totally move that up a week! Tee Hee!"
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited August 2012
    jam062307 wrote: »

-_- well at least its posted somewhere...
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, I had to go take care of some real life issues...been gone for about 10 hours now...everything was fixed and the devs explained what the H happened while I was gone right?

We're all good? The Fleet Doffs do something again besides eff up the exchange?

Or are we still at "working as intended"?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2012
    bluegeek wrote: »
    That said, I could see where doffs on the Exchange could be used as an exploit to gather more Dilithium than a player could earn otherwise

Seriously dude? This would maybe be a valid point of concern if dilithium refining wasn't time gated, too. Remember when people complained that time gating dilithium was crappy on Cryptics part and the response was something along the lines of "we don't care how much you earn daily, but we have to have some measure of control of how much is availableon the economy" well, guess they decided to care about how much we earn and to control it by time gating.

And why not simply remove the dilithium from dismissing the fleet doff? Oh yeah, they did that AND made them not slottable on projects.

And then when the flaw in the plan was pointed out 16 hours before the patch went to holodeck, the reply from the devs was "working as intended".

I don't care how many threads get moved somewhere to die or how many people try to rationalize this as some sort of ok move by Cryptic - it isn't. And not even mentioning it in either the Tribble or Holodeck patch notes and the complete dev silence on the matter since the patch went live tells you everything you need to know about these changes...

working as intended.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    So, I had to go take care of some real life issues...been gone for about 10 hours now...everything was fixed and the devs explained what the H happened while I was gone right?

We're all good? The Fleet Doffs do something again besides eff up the exchange?

Or are we still at "working as intended"?

Silly you - everything is STILL " working as Intended"
  • norikor1norikor1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The lack of any real response is almost more troubling than the issue itself.
    edited August 2012
    norikor1 wrote: »
    The lack of any real response is almost more troubling than the issue itself.

A response isn't necessary when everything is working as intended. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matthew486dxmatthew486dx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I run a 50 man fleet (90ish with alts)

The exchange was our last resort for DOFFs.

Using the Fleet DOFFs to contribute to projects was a godsend.

Now, we have no hope to fill out our projects every day. Or every other day. Or maybe not even once a week. We're at Teir II. 120 DOFFs per 1000 EXP project. Even the 500 EXP projects can be draining at times. Especially now.

They told us a Fleet of any size could level a Starbase. Yeah, at these calculations...

NO WE CAN'T.

I understand a lot of people have long term commitments to MMOs, and some people jest about it becoming a second job, this starbase thing just became a career. One I have to pay for instead of getting paid. The game is officially no longer fun with this in play. It was better when we didn't have fleet doffs at all. Now the exchange is poisoned.

I cancelled my subscription. I own every Tier 5 cstore ship. 678 days subscribed.
    I've paid a lot of money to play this game and have fun with it. They've officially sucked all of the fun out of it. They had something with great potential and just blew it up.

I quit. The line must be drawn here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Matthew@Matthew486DX -> Eng Lvl 60
    FAW/Tank: Tactical Oddyessy T5-U, Tank/Heal Science Oddyessy T5-U, DPS Cruiser: A2B Battlecruiser T5-U, DPS/Debuff Tholian Recluse T5-U
    Fleet Admiral: Angry Tribbles
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    you can still buy doffs and turn them into usable ones...only that they are more expenseive now.

2500 FC gave you 5 usable doffs...now you get for the same amount +10 dilithium 3 usable common doffs.

once your SB has the personel officer, you don't even need to return to SF academy to do the transition.

the change still sucks (no information, false patch notes, TRIBBLE up with the exchange)...but if you look at it more closely it is just a price increase for the doffs. Look at the bright side: you get 60 recruitment XP for each transaction! Hurray!

lets just hope they leave them crunshable at the personel officer...if they take out even that...sayonara cryptic and sto!
    Go pro or go home
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Or they should at least make them bound to character when opening the packs. At least they won't TRIBBLE up the exchange that way...

Overall, they should be using more common sense when implementing such changes. It would save their customers from lot's of anger and frustration.
  • fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
  • lebtronlebtron Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I am member of a really small fleet - about 10 active members with their alts. The exchange was the only way to compensate the lack of members. Many of our members even invested real money to buy ec and doffs. Now we are on a halt with our starbase, even the small projects need about 25 doffs.

I dont believe they know what they did. No one of our fleet will invest money as long as it is wasted...
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's not just fleet doffs. I don't have a single fleet doff and still can't contribute alot (unbound btw before somoene suggests that)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Perfect World needs to do one of two things and do so immediately.

1. Stop TRIBBLE over your users and let us use the starbase doffs for projects.

2. Lessen how much your TRIBBLE us over and just make the starbase doffs bound so that atleast we can go back to buying doffs on the exchange to fund our starbase projects.

Understand this, I am someone who easily blows $200 a month on zen, I make good money and can afford to blow a little bit on my entertainment. The starbase projects have kept me interested in this game, if this issue is not addressed and soon starbase projects will grind to a halt and I will loose interest, and you will loose my money. I seriously doubt I am alone in this, you guys came up with a great way to keep peoples interest while waiting for season 7, don't TRIBBLE it up by getting overly greedy.
  • thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's just a bug they don't know how to fix.

Either that, or they're complete morons. I prefer to think the first, but I'm leaning towards the second.
  • thibashthibash Member Posts: 506 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    That's because all the other changes either made sense, were mentioned in the patch notes, had a good reason and/or didn't TRIBBLE up the Exchange and/or the Fleet System.

This one doesn't qualify for any of the above. I guess they really did expect us to buy buckets of ZEN for dilithium and duty officers.

Well, I can answer that question with one finger...

Thumb down.
  • maarkeanmaarkean Member Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I purchased a bunch of DOFF's from the Fleet vendor. I had a bunch of extra Fleet Credits (we're a small fleet) and we were trying to get those elusive DOFF's for a few projects. I built up a stockpile of about a hundred extra DOFF's, planning to use them as projects had need for those departments.

But now, I'm guessing after yesterday's patch, I can't donate them to the starbase. I have no idea which of my DOFF's are eligible for donation and which are not.

Why was this change made, especially without a patch note? Why aren't they labeled that they can't be donated?
  • thecosmic1thecosmic1 Member Posts: 9,365 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    There's a big giant thread in the Duty Officer section of the forum discussing this very issue. You might want to look there - or wait until this thread gets moved/merged into that one.
    STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
    edited August 2012
    maarkean wrote: »
    I purchased a bunch of DOFF's from the Fleet vendor. I had a bunch of extra Fleet Credits (we're a small fleet) and we were trying to get those elusive DOFF's for a few projects. I built up a stockpile of about a hundred extra DOFF's, planning to use them as projects had need for those departments.

But now, I'm guessing after yesterday's patch, I can't donate them to the starbase. I have no idea which of my DOFF's are eligible for donation and which are not.

Why was this change made, especially without a patch note? Why aren't they labeled that they can't be donated?

We started asking the same questions the day before this patch went to holodeck. The only response we have recieved from any dev was...

"This is working as intended"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If this isn't fixed I don't think I'll be spending any money on Star Trek Online or referring my friends to the game. I've spent a ton of money on this game upwards of a few hundred in the past month or two...... and I'm beginning to think it was a waste of an investment with the way PWE will side-line us and over-rule common sense.

Fleet DOFFs should be LABELED as Fleet DOFFs in your Duty Roster under a special tab "Fleet Doffs" , NOT SOLD ON EXCHANGE and CLEARLY labeled in description in personal player to player trades.

This is a serious no brainer and we're sitting on our hands hoping they'll warm up and PWE will find a compromise in this most detestable situation.
  • captsabercaptsaber Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Ok, guys? Think about it! This was all done to get you to spend MORE MONEY! They want you to buy Doff packs! To the tune of hundreds of dollars!(That is what it would take to get to tier 5) You Don?t spend then you don?t get a Tier 5 base with the Ships and weapons.. It?s as simple as that.. and since many of the projects required a lot of doffs, it?s an opportunity for them to make money! As simple as that! They are about making money!, Plain and simple? they don?t care how much time you have invested in the game! You are a number on a spreadsheet! Plain and simple, Soon I bet will see doffs be bound to you? And the ONLY way of getting doffs for a base will be to buy doff packs? This will make them more money! You have to keep in mind they have a whole department sitting around just trying to think up ways to get you to spend money. They don?t care what you think, they don?t care about your feelings, on the only reason they care a little about the game play its self, it to find a way to trick you or make you have to spend real money on something you want?. Or just flat out say you have to spend real money for xyz.

Personally I think this move was totally intended. It keeps you buying doff packs, or spending in some way to build your base. But they are taking a big risk! I know within my fleet there is talk of just quitting the game, if they don?t put it back the way it was? ITS A GAME FOR GOD SAKES! And most cannot afford to spend a lot on it, and if you can?t well it?s going to be hard to be completive within the game since tier 5 fleet weapons will be the most powerful in the game, but you will only be able to get from a tier 5 base. I did not mind spending a little here and there but to me it is obvious that this move.. was a greed move? and was intended! Problems is I don?t think they know they might have just killed the game as we know it? IT will now anyway you look at it cost real money to complete a base in any reasonable amount of time?. And they know it.. trying to do it the freeway.. Will take months if not years? and they know it? Don?t fool your self?s in to thinking that the CARE what you think,, they don?t? To them were just stupid Star Trek nerds they can find ways of getting real money out of us.
    Personally I am going to give them maybe a week maybe two,,, to fix this? If they don?t well myself and my credit card will be going out the door?. There is many, many ,games out there guys?. And most don?t pull this TRIBBLE? And for now in protest I will not buy another doff pack, or key or anything else, And who ever reads this should do the same, Speak what you want with your wallet! Because that is the only thing they care about? And that is for sure!!!
    They are slowly going to make this game for the rich Star Trek nerds, Spend money or you won?t have an enjoyable experience which to me = game fail?. On to the next game?.

PS> Hey Devs,, since you want us to spend money,, why don?t yea Just let us buy the tier 5 base!! And save us the trouble! Credit Card anyone?:mad:
    edited August 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~syberghost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    If this isn't fixed I don't think I'll be spending any money on Star Trek Online or referring my friends to the game. I've spent a ton of money on this game upwards of a few hundred in the past month or two...... and I'm beginning to think it was a waste of an investment with the way PWE will side-line us and over-rule common sense.

Fleet DOFFs should be LABELED as Fleet DOFFs in your Duty Roster under a special tab "Fleet Doffs" , NOT SOLD ON EXCHANGE and CLEARLY labeled in description in personal player to player trades.

This is a serious no brainer and we're sitting on our hands hoping they'll warm up and PWE will find a compromise in this most detestable situation.

I agree... I hope this is a TRIBBLE-up and not a truly intentional over-reach by the dev/producer team.

We are more or less on hold with out Starbase as well. Interest in the projects is starting to dissipate. :(

Thx
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012

I think as a bandaid until they can code and test a real change, they should just make them Bind to Character or Bind to Account on Pickup. That should be nothing but a database change.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
  • l0cutus359l0cutus359 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    syberghost wrote: »
    I think as a bandaid until they can code and test a real change, they should just make them Bind to Character or Bind to Account on Pickup. That should be nothing but a database change.

Is the dev/producer team aware of the aftermath with this patch yesterday? :eek:

From what it sounds like....many fleets are on hold until this is addressed.

Thx
    Locutus

Delirium Tremens
    Tier 4 Starbase, Tier 3 Embassy
    http://dtfleet.com/
    edited August 2012
    syberghost wrote: »

But that would require them to admit there is a problem. So far.....

(crickets chirping....)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • admiralthorr360admiralthorr360 Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thibash wrote: »
    It's just a bug they don't know how to fix.

Either that, or they're complete morons. I prefer to think the first, but I'm leaning towards the second.

Serious QFT here. Not a single peep from them about fixing this krap yet?
  • syberghostsyberghost Member Posts: 1,711 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    l0cutus359 wrote: »
    Is the dev/producer team aware of the aftermath with this patch yesterday? :eek:

From what it sounds like....many fleets are on hold until this is addressed.

Thx

I don't have any personal knowledge of who knows what, but I know the Community team is aware, and they're good about communicating that stuff to the right people. I also mentioned it to a friend at Cryptic who's not a developer and not part of the Community team, so I assume he'll bring it up too.
    Former moderator of these forums. Lifetime sub since before launch. Been here since before public betas. Foundry author of "Franklin Drake Must Die".
    edited August 2012
    thibash wrote: »
    That's because all the other changes either made sense, were mentioned in the patch notes, had a good reason and/or didn't TRIBBLE up the Exchange and/or the Fleet System.

This one doesn't qualify for any of the above. I guess they really did expect us to buy buckets of ZEN for dilithium and duty officers.

Well, I can answer that question with one finger...

Thumb down.

Whew - thought you were going for a different finger there, sparky. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    this sucks big time like its hard to reach 9k dilitums anyway sheesh.

same thing with the lobi either take away the free lobi u get or make it different from the other lobi.

pittiful excuses
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.