What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble Test Weekend Rewards

Comments

• Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So why can the Tribble only be equipped on ground?
  • Options
    clamyfishstickclamyfishstick Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    methclown wrote: »
    I did the tholian missions and i was on tribble hours and hours during the correct time with my 2 friends. They received the duty officer and tribble and I did not. I've submitted a ticket but im not hopeful. Not happy at all.

try logging out and back in, mine started showing up after I switched toons, I went back to the first toon I checked again and they were there... good luck.
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is it just me or is anyone else finding they can't equip the tribble? Is this right?
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Is it just me or is anyone else finding they can't equip the tribble? Is this right?

Don't worry...

They'll fix it....

... Someday Soon™ ...

Course by then... 12%-18% of the players will have lost it for good.

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited August 2012

You need to be on the ground to equip it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    You need to be on the ground to equip it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

It's also missing the "Equip" option in the pulldown menu when you right-click it. Meaning, you have to manually drag it over to your item belt on your character sheet instead of right-click equipping it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    A couple things about the Fleet Tribble for feedback's sake:

1) 1 hour gameplay cooldown is horrible. Especially when I'm mostly focused on 1 character and I have 4 other Alts (2 Fed, 2 KDF) who need Fleet Credits and I don't have the time to do much more than the Officer of the Watch daily. Trust me, if I had 1 hour of play per character to give the game, I would. Alas, I don't. I guess it'll just be too bad for those with even more characters, especially those in the same fleet.

2) If I activate my Fleet Tribble again before the hour's up, the cooldown for Fleet Credits resets! That's a fine way for people to accidentally lose an hour's worth of progress on the in-game cooldown. :(

Fix those 2 things and I'm ecstatic! Otherwise, I'll just say I didn't play on Tribble for an hour just for a chance to make more than the minimum 5 Fleet Marks per day (if my day gets busy, I may get an hour of play in or I may not, thus the chance rather than guarantee).

(I know what people will say. "It's 1 Fleet Mark!" Yeah...per hour, per character, would mean for my normal day an extra 12-15 Fleet Marks for 1 Fleet and 8-10 for another. The "1" Fleet Mark does indeed add up over time and characters if the in-game cooldown were instead a real-time cooldown.)
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I really hope they update the tribble so our Boffs can carry them. I don't want my captain to have this tribble on them at all time and there is food in my bank & inventory I don't want it to eat.

And I can't dismiss it because I can't get another one.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Can someone please confirm...I have to be on the ground for an hour before I can get my Fleet Mark?
  • Options
    akumatronakumatron Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    Can someone please confirm...I have to be on the ground for an hour before I can get my Fleet Mark?

Seems that way...I got my Tribble last night...and hardly been on the ground. Still sitting at 53 mins to go. Only got 1 mark so far! :(
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    akumatron wrote: »
    Seems that way...I got my Tribble last night...and hardly been on the ground. Still sitting at 53 mins to go. Only got 1 mark so far! :(

That's horrible. I'm doing good to be playing a few hours a day anyway. Now I've gotta be on the ground to tick down my timer?

pwebranflakes: Why does the timer only count down on ground and not for gameplay, or better yet real time?
  • Options
    riktur5caleriktur5cale Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Updated the OP -- I want to make sure everyone sees this from the blog:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
    This is a stupid policy. Claim only once!?! All other tribbles that were play test awards are legacy unlocks. Why doesn't PW just kick sand in our face too? I tested your broken system with the knowledge that at least the awards, while tiny, we're always convenient previously, now PW is giving us TRIBBLE to fill our inventory (which they will GLADLY sell us more slots) that if we get rid of we have to purchase it if we want to claim it again.
    PW has the ability to make these proper play test awards... Do it. Stop jerking us around with this obvious reach for our wallet "rewards".
  • Options
    switchngcswitchngc Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    That's horrible. I'm doing good to be playing a few hours a day anyway. Now I've gotta be on the ground to tick down my timer?

pwebranflakes: Why does the timer only count down on ground and not for gameplay, or better yet real time?

Friends in High Places only ticks down in space (when you have the ship as your current one). Seems they don't know how to do proper cooldowns.

So now I have to decide, AFK in space for my Friends in High Places or AFK on ground for my Tribble...
  • Options
    rankin0bassrankin0bass Member Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    Friends in High Places only ticks down in space (when you have the ship as your current one). Seems they don't know how to do proper cooldowns.

So now I have to decide, AFK in space for my Friends in High Places or AFK on ground for my Tribble...

I'm not sure why Friends in High Places even has a cooldown considering the way the system works. It's not like you can get multiple copies of the same DOFF mission running at the same time. And if they absolutely have to give it a cooldown, make it something short, like 2-5 minutes long.
  • Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Updated the OP -- I want to make sure everyone sees this from the blog:

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

What is wrong with you guys?

First you ask us to test seasons on tribble.

Then you ignore the really big bugs reported (a repeating pattern in seasons btw), and release junk to live.

Then you give us rewards we can only use on one char, and never dismiss...

This is a lousy method of buissness... Not only do you deny us the normal way of rewarding us, you also try (and dont for one second tell me this isn't your intention) to force us to eventually buy more inventory, and bank slots, as well as duty officer slots.

Be careful when you guys roll around all that money... I know some of the coins can very well have been lying in a urinal.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I'm not sure why Friends in High Places even has a cooldown considering the way the system works. It's not like you can get multiple copies of the same DOFF mission running at the same time. And if they absolutely have to give it a cooldown, make it something short, like 2-5 minutes long.

I could see the reason for cooldown if other people could contact your Privateer and get the mission too, but they can't. And the mission lasts 10 times longer (20 hours for the DOFF Mission, 2 for the cooldown). The only thing I can figure is that Cryptic/PWE just really likes cooldowns for some reasons.
  • Options
    matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited August 2012
    I got my reply... It doesn't make a whole of sense to me.
  • Options
    maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    whats the point in making it pick up once. unlike every other item i dont see the point in changing it?

where is the logic behind this apart from ticking off the player base i cant see a reason in this.

maybe there is a exploite where u can sell tribble for 1ec and they dont want us to grind for years to make a few ec.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    brickyardbrickyard Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    As far as I know one can claim the awards per character. So, if you have 3 characters, you can claim the items on all your characters, just go to in-game C-store 3 times in this case.

I'm not sure if the rewards are getting available for new created characters.
    P2W is Pay to Play for me, what else? Duh! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    brickyard wrote: »
    As far as I know one can claim the awards per character. So, if you have 3 characters, you can claim the items on all your characters, just go to in-game C-store 3 times in this case.

I'm not sure if the rewards are getting available for new created characters.

I tried it... Neither the breen or the Tribble even appear in the C-Store for my alts...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    I tried it... Neither the breen or the Tribble even appear in the C-Store for my alts...

Got them on all my alts, even the ones created after the Test weekend
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited August 2012
    What is wrong with you guys?

First you ask us to test seasons on tribble.

Then you ignore the really big bugs reported (a repeating pattern in seasons btw), and release junk to live.

Then you give us rewards we can only use on one char, and never dismiss...

This is a lousy method of buissness... Not only do you deny us the normal way of rewarding us, you also try (and dont for one second tell me this isn't your intention) to force us to eventually buy more inventory, and bank slots, as well as duty officer slots.

Be careful when you guys roll around all that money... I know some of the coins can very well have been lying in a urinal.

What has happened is pretty much the last straw in testing stuff for this company.

I was sceptical testing season six because I had my fingers, arms and head burned by previous fails caused by cryptic in season testings, but was pulled in by other fleetmates so I had to show willing.
    Now, those same fleetmates think the way I do and will no longer be testing stuff.

Cryptic does ZERO QA on anything they add to the game, and to top it off, when the ask us to do it for them because of how useless they are, they kick us in the teeth for the reward!

Way to go Cryptic :rolleyes:
  • Options
    otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Umm... So I was on Tribble for over 1 hr, but no tribble reward for me... what is up with that Cryptic?

I want my tribble. I know it was over 1 hr, since I had my cell beside me, using the stop watch to make sure I was on for over 1 hr...
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    otowi wrote: »
    Umm... So I was on Tribble for over 1 hr, but no tribble reward for me... what is up with that Cryptic?

I want my tribble. I know it was over 1 hr, since I had my cell beside me, using the stop watch to make sure I was on for over 1 hr...

Folks... don't get yer knickers in a snit over this...

The rewards are BUGGY and aren't anything all that special.

I haven't even bothered to claim either one for my toons.

I doubt I'll go out of my way in the future, to do any testing for Them on Tribble anymore...,

Other than perhaps to peek-in every once in a while to see any new stuff They stick there in advance.

I understand They reserve the right to change the rules as we go along...

But do They have to continually change them for the worse.

:(
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    switchngc wrote: »
    Got them on all my alts, even the ones created after the Test weekend

I managed to claim it on my KDF primary after all... The others still cant... Probably a stupid bug...

Is it irony that the reward for testing, could have used testing of it's own?
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Hmmm....Odd...must be a random thing.
    I was able to claim all the Tribble test rewards with all 5 of my KDF and both my Feds, np at all. All have commissioned the DOs and used the Tribble, np.
    Several of my Fleet mates (both factions) also were able to claim all rewards on all characters, no problems. At least none that anyone's told me of.
    Donno...but, I wouldn't get all up in arms about it, I'm sure they'll work it out eventually.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • Options
    xgorillapxxgorillapx Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Dude this is a cluster...
  • Options
    generalbannon07generalbannon07 Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I couldn't claim neither the Tribble nor the Breen Doff, despite the fact that I was several hours on Tribble and made several missions during the testing period.
    I hope there will be a fix for this problem soon.
    t643t0.jpg

Original join date: Jul 2008
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited August 2012
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Managed to claim both rewards but cannot equip the tribble to get the fleet marks every hour. Can guarantee this just strengthens my reserve not to test in future. Lets see how long it takes to fix this bug.
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.