What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official thread for Season 6 Foundry Issues

Comments

• Options
    chooch99achooch99a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Could you put in a duplicate of her, set to appear at the end of combat in the exact spot and animation of the first? Then, use an invis object as the talk to interaction?

That could work in a pinch. Probably best not to gamble on whether the contact gets killed for smoothness.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Couldn't you remove the "kill npc group" objective?

I could, but people have commented how the nature of using the orb of possibilities quantum shadows was unexpected and fitting with the nature of the Npc character, even if the attacking mob was spawned as a non objective fight, the room is the lower area of the Utopia planetia shipyard where the oddysey plans are displayed; I boxed it off with walls to make it seem like a room in an odyssey class ship, and it is very confined and any fighting at all has a high chance of collateral damage killing her.
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Yeah but theoretically if your NPC was tied to a talk to contact the whole time, you could fight all you want around her and she'd never get killed.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    husker75husker75 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My Foundry tab is still greyed out. I have no access to the Foundry. Is this the same for everyone? I've read conflicting posts on this subject.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    husker75 wrote: »
    My Foundry tab is still greyed out. I have no access to the Foundry. Is this the same for everyone? I've read conflicting posts on this subject.

"create content" is greyed out for everyone. They haven't turned the editor back on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Yeah but theoretically if your NPC was tied to a talk to contact the whole time, you could fight all you want around her and she'd never get killed.

True, the only reason it was an object interact was to make the player kneel behind crates along with it :P
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »

In all honesty, the current npc contact fix is ineffective and it needs to be addressed again. Contacts always need to be unkillable, otherwise missions will continue to be broken due to random npc deaths. This should be passed on to the NWN Foundry development as well because it is certain to affect that game also.

We shouldn't be constantly be playing workaround games over what is frankly a bug that needs to be fixed. Contacts don't die like this in the official missions and they need to be likewise invulnerable at all times in the Foundry.
  • Options
    slickrick1707eslickrick1707e Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Two of my missions have bugs that were not there before republishing,
    Title, Infinite Avatar project ID ST-HG0BBIBID or it may be HGOBBIBID. Map 3 Kendra provence, the spawn point is now too low and the player falls through the floor of the city.

Mission Nuclear Wessels Project ID ST-HRM2VMWPD Map 4 area 51 4 NPC's are outside in the wrong place stuck too close together, and are in the wrong place.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    nagorak wrote: »
    In all honesty, the current npc contact fix is ineffective and it needs to be addressed again. Contacts always need to be unkillable, otherwise missions will continue to be broken due to random npc deaths. This should be passed on to the NWN Foundry development as well because it is certain to affect that game also.

We shouldn't be constantly be playing workaround games over what is frankly a bug that needs to be fixed. Contacts don't die like this in the official missions and they need to be likewise invulnerable at all times in the Foundry.

Where you been man, finding workarounds is what we do :) When you're building a mission in the here and now you gotta deal with the system as it is, not as we would like it to be, though by all means we should tell Cryptic what we want. Maybe it'll get fixed, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Two of my missions have bugs that were not there before republishing,
    Title, Infinite Avatar project ID ST-HG0BBIBID or it may be HGOBBIBID. Map 3 Kendra provence, the spawn point is now too low and the player falls through the floor of the city.

Mission Nuclear Wessels Project ID ST-HRM2VMWPD Map 4 area 51 4 NPC's are outside in the wrong place stuck too close together, and are in the wrong place.

This ties in to my one Holodeck Prop being too low. There may have been some changes involving map coordinates with height or how the high in respect to terrain/zero is determined. Hence why my holodeck and your spawn points were too low or in the wrong places.
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Just so everyone knows, in tomorrow's patch, we're addressing the problem with the placement of objects that is causing them to be sunken.

At this point, we'll have addressed all the major issues that we know of.

If you've got something going on that's new, and that we haven't yet mentioned, please let us know in this thread. And please provide details, like the project ID and name and general location and how to reproduce the bug.

Thanks! :)

(Edited to fix up dangling modifier. Grammar failure. -_-)
  • Options
    meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    At this point, we'll have addressed all the major issues that we know of concerning the Foundry.

Fixed your previous comment. There's still several major issues (all added in Season 6) that have yet to be resolved. But I suppose that's par for the course. Instead of fixing old bugs, Cryptic mostly adds new bugs, possibly as a tactical diversion so that we won't notice the old bugs.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    backyardserenadebackyardserenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Fixed your previous comment. There's still several major issues (all added in Season 6) that have yet to be resolved. But I suppose that's par for the course. Instead of fixing old bugs, Cryptic mostly adds new bugs, possibly as a tactical diversion so that we won't notice the old bugs.
    Your remark is so completely unnecessary. It is absolutely obvious that Zero is referring to the Foundry and not claiming that every single bug in all of STO is squished.

Zero has done nothing but outstanding work with the Foundry and this whole Foundry situation was handled refreshingly honestly and well. So maybe don't just attack her out of the blue? :(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Not attacking her. Possibly Cryptic (as a whole). As people like to say, "it's nothing personal".

As for the Foundry specifically, had they had a proper system in place to begin with, the Foundry would've been back online the same day as Season 6 launched. Not weeks/months later. (looking at the fiasco of Season 4)
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    pmarquardtpmarquardt Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    rehpic wrote: »
    Silver players who had previously been gold, or who have purchased foundry project slots with Dilithium, are able to access the foundry. There was a bug that was preventing players from accessing the foundry, but that was fixed quite a while ago.

Unfortunately this statement happens to be untrue. I was a Gold member AND I have bought 8 Foundry Slots with Dilithium. My Characters for Content creation are still gone AND I can't even buy new Foundry Slots. This Problem has been reported to support as Ticket 120713-000194. Screenshot has been added.

Maybe this INCONVENIENCE retifies itself with tomorrow's patch.
  • Options
    teklionbenrashateklionbenrasha Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    Not attacking her. Possibly Cryptic (as a whole). As people like to say, "it's nothing personal".

As for the Foundry specifically, had they had a proper system in place to begin with, the Foundry would've been back online the same day as Season 6 launched. Not weeks/months later. (looking at the fiasco of Season 4)

Funny, I've been looking everywhere but can't seem to find the version of the game that you made and maintained - you know, the one which had all its bugs fixed.

Come to think of it, I can't find the copy of the contract which legally obliged you to play this game.

What I'm getting at is: If you can't do it better yourself, shut up; and if you don't like it, play something else.

Like you said, "it's nothing personal," but I get very irritated by people complaining all the time when actually we have a very good game which we can play with no necessary cost to ourselves.
  • Options
    ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I ran my "main" Foundry mission last night. It relies on sound effects (explosions, howls, machinery, etc.) and all of those sounds are now missing. I have one scene where you're down in a mine with heavy equipment everywhere. The screen still trembles, but there's no sound to go along with it. It looks like your character is just drunk! lol

"Shipwrecked!" - Klingon Foundry mission
  • Options
    burn61burn61 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    so does that mean the foundry is going back up tomorow?
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I was told to report issues here.
    I hope these are fixable because two of these three missions have been spotlighted, and as they stand now...well...they are quite crappy to be honest.

1. All three of my missions have objects that appear to be shifted around or are missing completely.

2. Lighting seems different, it is no longer possible to create "blackness". All of my missions feature areas that you could not see into before. those effects are ruined. I was able to use dark colored walls and dark lighting. now players can see that the blackness is a wall. Perhaps you could provide an object that is colored simple black to be used in this way.

3. Costumes all seem "aged", as if everything has been set to "aged4"

4. Some dialogues seem to be missing.

5. Sounds are out of place and screwed up.

6. Some enemies don't fight

7. Various unnecessary interact prompts

Missions in question are:
    Grazorak City
    Three Degrees of Seperation
    Stiletto

Thanx
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    highland1982highland1982 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    burn61 wrote: »
    so does that mean the foundry is going back up tomorow?

I sure hope so, if not. I'll find another MMO to play. simple as that. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Funny, I've been looking everywhere but can't seem to find the version of the game that you made and maintained - you know, the one which had all its bugs fixed.

Come to think of it, I can't find the copy of the contract which legally obliged you to play this game.

What I'm getting at is: If you can't do it better yourself, shut up; and if you don't like it, play something else.

Like you said, "it's nothing personal," but I get very irritated by people complaining all the time when actually we have a very good game which we can play with no necessary cost to ourselves.

Nice to see the "Cryptic defenders" are out in force today. What gives you the right to resort to name-calling and/or offensive language? Nowhere did I use language like that. Add to that, your misrepresentation of the facts, since I never implied that the game at ANY point has been "bug free".

So if you wouldn't mind, stop putting words in my mouth which isn't true, and let me speak for myself. Tired of people picking apart posts, twisting the facts to support their own arguments. The truth will suffice.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    I was told to report issues here.
    I hope these are fixable because two of these three missions have been spotlighted, and as they stand now...well...they are quite crappy to be honest.

1. All three of my missions have objects that appear to be shifted around or are missing completely.

2. Lighting seems different, it is no longer possible to create "blackness". All of my missions feature areas that you could not see into before. those effects are ruined. I was able to use dark colored walls and dark lighting. now players can see that the blackness is a wall. Perhaps you could provide an object that is colored simple black to be used in this way.

3. Costumes all seem "aged", as if everything has been set to "aged4"

4. Some dialogues seem to be missing.

5. Sounds are out of place and screwed up.

6. Some enemies don't fight

7. Various unnecessary interact prompts

Missions in question are:
    Grazorak City
    Three Degrees of Seperation
    Stiletto

Thanx

which dialogues are missing and which props have unnecessary interacts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    highland1982highland1982 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    And still we dont have the foundry editor up. Im done with this game. its a piece of TRIBBLE anyways.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    If you're going to put up arbitrary deadlines on things you have no control over, don't be surprised if other people don't meet them.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Has the auto republish finished? I still can't see my mission "Treasure Hunt" in the listing.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    [purespeculation]

Maybe that fact that yours and possibly other missions have yet to be republished could be an indication that there have been more issues that have cropped up and could be why editing is not turned on yet.

[/purespeculation]
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    We're doing our final checks right now before we give the "all clear" to re-open the editor. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    [purespeculation]

Maybe that fact that yours and possibly other missions have yet to be republished could be an indication that there have been more issues that have cropped up and could be why editing is not turned on yet.

[/purespeculation]

In other words, Cryptic's major "Season 3 update" is still just as broken. Ah well, they still have 4 months to get it fixed, before were looking at 2013 as a release date for the Foundry.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Yeah not at all what I meant. I have never described the Foundry as a whole as broken (despite plenty of bugs), and do not believe it to be so.

But it's cool, check out Zero's post above yours.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    When I started writing my post, her post wasn't there.

In any case, I take a stance of "I believe it when I see it", since Cryptic's promises tend to fall quite a bit short.
    HvGQ9pH.png
This discussion has been closed.