Install Arc
Options

Official thread for Season 6 Foundry Issues

Comments

• Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited August 2012
    I figured that was probably the case.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I need to build... need to build.... please, make it so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I need to build... need to build.... please, make it so.

I've just given the go-ahead to re-enable the editor. It make take a short while for it to come back up.

Please check my post in the FNN timeline thread. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    So now is the point when it's our turn to go in and break stuff... just kidding, I hope. Thanks for all your hard work Zero, I'm sure these last few weeks haven't been easy for you.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    backyardserenadebackyardserenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have one dialog in "Shados of the Past" that says

"State transition must specify a valid type"

I'm not sure what this refers to (none of the buttons in the dialog have a state transition).

(Also: laggy editor is laggy. But I assume this comes from everybody jumping into the Foundry right now?)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Sometimes you have to do things that you hate, so you can survive to fight another day."
  • Options
    ggg247ggg247 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I went into the editor for my mission, "Shipwrecked!", and found that the items "FX-Camera Shake Maintained Medium" (as well as Large and Small) aren't working at all as far as sound goes. The camera shakes, but there's no sound like we had before.
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The interact text with the replicator is still present. Zero, please get on that. It makes my missions look sloppy. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I have one dialog in "Shados of the Past" that says

"State transition must specify a valid type"

I'm not sure what this refers to (none of the buttons in the dialog have a state transition).

(Also: laggy editor is laggy. But I assume this comes from everybody jumping into the Foundry right now?)

I have the exact same issue.

EDIT:
    To clarify it is on a pop up dialog that comes up on a component complete trigger. This component is also used for an interact with object mission objective

EDIT/UPDATE:
    I resolved the problem, its because the dialogue pop up in question had "Objective Complete" as its visible trigger. That doesn't exist anymore so I changed it to "Component Complete" and that works.

Thanks to Afalconer for pointing it out.
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I think some of the dialogue states were somehow removed in the season update, because I didn't use any "Objective Complete" or "Objective In Progress" prompts because they didn't even work right, but I still had a couple of dialogues that had to be reset.
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The new nameplates are causing some interesting results when you duplicate contacts or combat groups. It is default adding numbers (#1/#2/#3) to all the contacts like it used to for the secret names, but is now doing it to all the contact's nameplates with the new system.

This makes it really tedious as you need to go and rename fully edited combat groups and contacts instead of just copying a completed one. Since the identifying names and displayed names for contacts are now the same, this bug slipped in perhaps unintentionally.
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Zero, I've been getting a crash when I try to delete a map on one of my unpublished projects. The mission name is [HoloHistory] Caleb IV. Number is ST-HTMJRA3YR. The map I was trying to delete is called Caleb Outpost Interior. It did have objectives on it, but now I've moved them to a new map. Not sure if that makes a difference as I have not tried to delete it since the first couple times crashed everything.
    The new nameplates are causing some interesting results when you duplicate contacts or combat groups. It is default adding numbers (#1/#2/#3) to all the contacts like it used to for the secret names, but is now doing it to all the contact's nameplates with the new system.

This makes it really tedious as you need to go and rename fully edited combat groups and contacts instead of just copying a completed one. Since the identifying names and displayed names for contacts are now the same, this bug slipped in perhaps unintentionally.

I ran into this a little last night and found something interesting. I decided to get rid of an existing map and move those objectives to one of the new ones (Drozana Past), so I copied and pasted all the mobs over to the new map. These were Fed mobs that I reskinned with TOS uniforms, but I did not change the names.

When I pasted them on the new map they came up with names like Actor #8, Actor #9, Actor #10 or some such. However I discovered that if you delete the "Actor #8" and don't replace it with anything, it reverts to <unnamed contact> and the game will fill in the name of the mob like it normally does.

edit - added mission number
  • Options
    kpg1usakpg1usa Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Found these guys floating around in my Foundry mission. I suspect they wanted to be fighter pilots.
  • Options
    nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The editor seems very laggy. There are intermittent seconds long pauses where the editor doesn't respond. Something needs to be done to address this as it makes it very difficult to use.
  • Options
    cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    nagorak wrote: »
    The editor seems very laggy. There are intermittent seconds long pauses where the editor doesn't respond. Something needs to be done to address this as it makes it very difficult to use.

I second this request

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • Options
    thehavrahathehavraha Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I hope people have noted the intermittent complete lack of any music or ambient sound in space maps?

Sometimes even ground maps.

I can list some of my missions as examples.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] I am a Cheestah.
    Check out my Foundry missions
    Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
    KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
  • Options
    nemesischikennemesischiken Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Project Map > optional Map Popup Dialog

1) Only the first 100 characters of the dialog are shown in the text field of the dialog popup attributes. The new char counter shows 100/100 when the dialog actually contained 165.

2) If the initial dialog of an optional Map Popup Dialog has more than 100 characters in it and you attempt to edit that from the Map tab in the Text field of the attributes (that says 100/100 when it was really 165) instead of the Advanced Dialog Editor, when you click to the Advanced Editor button below the Text box only the first 100 characters are populated and the remaining text (65 characters) were missing.

FYI - none of my pre-S6 issues with entire maps being dropped when importing appear to be resolved either
    HNCNKy.jpg
  • Options
    vexravusvexravus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, I'm trying to import one of my foundry missions from the "Importable Missions" tab so that I can use some of the maps and costumes in a new mission without having to remake them all from scratch (some of the maps took several days to put together, and I REALLY don't want to have to try and remake them). But, when I try to import a particular mission it either comes up as the wrong mission (a different mission is imported to the one I clicked) or it comes up but trying to alter any of the content instantly crashes the Foundry. Anyone else suffered this problem? If so, any solutions other than complete rebuild? If not, can the devs possibly look into it?

-XA
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    vexravus wrote: »
    So, I'm trying to import one of my foundry missions from the "Importable Missions" tab so that I can use some of the maps and costumes in a new mission without having to remake them all from scratch (some of the maps took several days to put together, and I REALLY don't want to have to try and remake them). But, when I try to import a particular mission it either comes up as the wrong mission (a different mission is imported to the one I clicked) or it comes up but trying to alter any of the content instantly crashes the Foundry. Anyone else suffered this problem? If so, any solutions other than complete rebuild? If not, can the devs possibly look into it?

-XA

Well, I think I submitted a bug report on a similar issue before S6, where some of my costumes simply vanished into thin air upon importing. The whole point of me importing was to copy my costumes :(

Also, WHEN WILL YOU FIX THAT BLASTED PREVIEW SYSTEM!? IT'S SCARING ME OUT OF THE FOUNDRY, DELAYING MY NEXT MISSION! :mad::mad:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    I don't see any mention of this in the last day or two so I did record a video and thought about uploading it to youtube... maybe later.

On a KDF bridge I have placed 4 bottles as objectives inside a complete all box. The yellow marker (gears turning) appears at X,Z coord 0 0 and not at the actual objects location. The Complete All in the pane on the left in Story displays only the final objective.

Playable? Yes. But the location of this "false" marker and the other missing markers will confuse the players. I could never publish this and NOT expect negative feedback. :(

I will get the video I recorded uploaded soon.
    NFA-banner.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    That false marker has been showing up for quite a while. I've even seen it in Cryptic missions.
  • Options
    sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Remains a bug...

I fixed it by replacement of small bottle #1 with small alpine rocks instead. I was going to use a horta egg but those things are HUGE! Are they supposed to be as big as a medicine ball?

If you have the same problem use some other object.
    NFA-banner.png
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    I was about to post the exact thing. Also on the Klingon Bridge you can walk through the consoles
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    thehavraha wrote: »
    I hope people have noted the intermittent complete lack of any music or ambient sound in space maps?

Sometimes even ground maps.

I can list some of my missions as examples.

I can get this to repeat reliably. Basically, every map starts off without a background music or ambient sound trigger. Only entering combat will trigger combat music and background non-combat music after.

Makes me think it's whatever triggers the basic music is borked when it comes to our foundry maps.

Sure combat fixes it, but, not every map (or mission) uses combat. So, put this on the list to get looked at.
  • Options
    afalconerafalconer Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    vexravus wrote: »

-XA

I'm having the same problem. I am working on the 3rd episode of a series that I'm doing in the foundry. I created episode 1 and published it. Then duplicated it to create episode 2. In episode 2, I added more costumes and maps that I want to reuse; however, when I duplicate episode 2, it fails and opens episode 1 for editing. I can duplicate an unpublished mission but not the published one.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Remains a bug...

I fixed it by replacement of small bottle #1 with small alpine rocks instead. I was going to use a horta egg but those things are HUGE! Are they supposed to be as big as a medicine ball?

If you have the same problem use some other object.
    Yeah, check this out: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Horta

Horta are about the size of Humans and their eggs are pretty big.

Anyways.... I still can't see my mission "Treasure Hunt". Also.... is foundry up on holodeck now? I can't access it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Remains a bug...

Sorry i didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't a legit bug, just that its not a new season 6 bug and not confined to the foundry.

How I got around it was I set the object that will be interacted with to be invisible until the player gets right up to it (reach marker). at which point they should be pointing away from the center of the bridge and won't see the out of place icon. And then they interact with it, so it'll go away real quick. I did this after a guy downrated me for the misplaced icon. He was nice enough to redo his rating.

@Markhawk, it has been up since last Thursday, but they took it down today to investigate some problem (they didn't specify).
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    a guy in a different thread claimed to have found a "major exploit" and allegedly talked to the devs about it. Of course he didn't say anything other than claiming it was a major problem.....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Please, Zero, I beg you, let us change back to the pre-S6 Foundry prop/NPC/costume display mode if we want to, PLEEEEEEEEASE! (or, if it's out of your jurisdiction, could you ask whoever's in charge of that to do it? I prefer seeing SOME props/NPCs wrong than seeing 95% of them wrong :()

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Some UI issues I've discovered.

When creating dialogue, double clicking on the "Misc Prompt" button both adds a new dialogue box to the current dialogue and picks it up with the mouse.

Sometimes when dropping a dialogue box the dialogue textbox doesn't appear until clicking around.

When the dialogue text overflows and expands the textbox, if you double click text that is right above the + symbol to create another dialogue box causes the button to be clicked instead of selecting text
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
This discussion has been closed.