test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official thread for Season 6 Foundry Issues

Comments

• leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    frtoaster wrote: »
    The "Interact" button next to the replicator probably isn't Foundry-specific. I also noticed this on the Federation starbase. See this thread:

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=331501

Yeah. My guess is that this is similar to what happened when some turbolifts were showing (non-functional) options to go to the Engineering and Crew decks of the ship interior.

An in-game asset was flagged to generate a certain response on one map (ship interior, I'm thinking? Maybe Bajor ground?) and that asset also appears in Federation Starbases and the Foundry, which brings up the "Interact" option but not the function attached to it, which is mission map specific.
  • kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah. My guess is that this is similar to what happened when some turbolifts were showing (non-functional) options to go to the Engineering and Crew decks of the ship interior.

An in-game asset was flagged to generate a certain response on one map (ship interior, I'm thinking? Maybe Bajor ground?) and that asset also appears in Federation Starbases and the Foundry, which brings up the "Interact" option but not the function attached to it, which is mission map specific.

interesting. Well, at least that means I don't have to sort through a complex set of triggers. If it's related to the replicator prop, then it would make sense.

Thanks for sharing the info and link everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Also, A Will and a Barclay has a bug in the last mission. The entire holodeck has dropped 3-5 meters into the terrain, leaving only me, Barclay, the top of the door, and the upper half of the holodeck, on a brownish, flat terrain.

Also, the thing about Silvers being restricted from Foundry usage is a big, fat lie.

When's the last time you played it? I swore it was that way for me before S6. I'd wager that's not a republish bug directly but a result of a prior update that adjusted both relative and fixed coordinates to a four digit system.
  • designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Kirksplat, what could have happened in yours that I had happen in another mission on Tribble that got published. You're using one of the triggers there that got wonky with the new changes to them, (this component/component what have you) they still work but show a bumb "interact" label. When you go in to edit it, and simply re-select those objects and check the triggers the problem may correct itself. At least, it did when I had that happen to mine.

Leviathan, you're saying the Holodeck was through the ground on the final map? It does it on the first map by design, but the final map it is doing something different and obviously broken. Granted, I didn't play the mission right before launch but I wasn't getting any sign from reviews that there was a problem with it. Hrmmm... interesting.
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When's the last time you played it? I swore it was that way for me before S6. I'd wager that's not a republish bug directly but a result of a prior update that adjusted both relative and fixed coordinates to a four digit system.

I played it just yesterday, after testing Exploratory Crisis (which seems to have gone without any previously unknown bugs).
    Kirksplat, what could have happened in yours that I had happen in another mission on Tribble that got published. You're using one of the triggers there that got wonky with the new changes to them, (this component/component what have you) they still work but show a bumb "interact" label. When you go in to edit it, and simply re-select those objects and check the triggers the problem may correct itself. At least, it did when I had that happen to mine.

Leviathan, you're saying the Holodeck was through the ground on the final map? It does it on the first map by design, but the final map it is doing something different and obviously broken. Granted, I didn't play the mission right before launch but I wasn't getting any sign from reviews that there was a problem with it. Hrmmm... interesting.

Yes, the first map has some sand, it's had it since Season 5 when I first tried it and is clearly referenced in Barclay's dialogue, but the second one... I played it shortly before S6 release, and it worked perfectly. (unlike yesterday)

Oh, and since you ignored my more shy request in the "How do you make your missions" thread... can I use her in my next mission? :o

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited July 2012

I really do think it might be related to the replicator prop. It also happens in slaves and seductions and that is a really simple trigger with the replicator. Interact with a martini glass spawns a cup of bloodwine and then the character drinks the bloodwine. I do the same thing with the glasses all over the place, and this weird "interact" occurs only near the replicator. I will certainly do what you suggest though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This may be just a bug in general, but on all of my missions that involve Romulan Mogai ships, whenever they fire torpedo spreads, they fire photon torpedoes instead of plasma torpedoes.
    edited July 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    I really do think it might be related to the replicator prop. It also happens in slaves and seductions and that is a really simple trigger with the replicator. Interact with a martini glass spawns a cup of bloodwine and then the character drinks the bloodwine. I do the same thing with the glasses all over the place, and this weird "interact" occurs only near the replicator. I will certainly do what you suggest though.

Oh... yeah, it ... could just be the replicator itself. I wonder if it got a default interact. That'd seem kind of silly but, would make sense in some ways too. At least, I could see it popping up like that. They actually put in the replicator prop to access the replicator menu but without the needed connections to actually do that.
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Oh, and since you ignored my more shy request in the "How do you make your missions" thread... can I use her in my next mission? :o

Well, considering I don't remember it it's probably less a case of ignore and more a case of didn't see.

So long as you don't make her into something horrific or do anything irrevocable to her go right ahead. If you feel compelled, send details or what have you to me via PM. If it's a simple cameo, I'm not worried. By all means.

As much as I'd love to defend the character to the ends of the earth, I technically don't own her. Cryptic does. So I really appreciate you asking for my permission first. : ]
  • nagoraknagorak Member Posts: 882 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I loaded up the game and immediately was relieved to see my missions had republished properly. Considering all of the complexities of the missions, I was afraid I'd be one of the 1% that didn't publish properly.

Anyway, I started up Dereliction Duty, and first thing I see is that my "mysterious asteroid" which is actually a C3SS (Class 3 Surveillance Satellite) is called "Cloaked Satellite #1", which kind of gives things away.

Not actually a bug, but since now objects can be labeled (which is awesome!), whatever you named them before is immediately visible-- which in this case is a bit...awkward, seeing as e don't have access to editor to change anything. :o

I just hope I didn't name anything something really embarrassing... :eek:

Now, to see if the missions actually work right.
    edited July 2012
    I found a somewhat annoying bug: There has been some sort of change to the warp-out. The player's ship is now turning before warping out. Apparently this is the same behavior that causes the ship to turn rather than warp through a planet in the official missions.

Unfortunately, in the Foundry, this feature often results in the ship warping out in the entirely wrong direction. If we can't control which direction the ship faces when it warps out, then it really would be better if this feature was disabled again when in the Foundry.

Right now it really ruins the continuity of the mission when the player's ship warps out in the opposite direction it's supposed to be going. Example: I have an objective that says you need to pass through the asteroid belt before warping to the next planet. Right now, after passing through the asteroid belt, the ship turns back towards the asteroid belt and warps through it. It's really jarring. :(
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, showing the names of the objects really gives away a lot in Dereliction Duty... hopefully the editor is up again soon. ;)
    edited July 2012
    There's definitely something strange about the way enemies are behaving.

I was fighting some enemy groups in space and I was destroyed. The ships then began to slowly fly back to their original position, but I engaged them before they got back. Strangely, they didn't fight back and just kept slowly flying back to their spawn point.

It's like they wouldn't attack until they got back within range of their spawn, allowing me to completely destroy one vessel before they got there.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I forget where I posted this but all my missions work. Two have trivial bugs that can be fixed in seconds when the Foundry is accessible. I hope you boys plan to flip the switch this Thursday and not make us wait 2 more weeks. :)
    NFA-banner.png
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ok, for TAS: Redux, I seem to have had a few dialogues disappear.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited July 2012
    Well, considering I don't remember it it's probably less a case of ignore and more a case of didn't see.

So long as you don't make her into something horrific or do anything irrevocable to her go right ahead. If you feel compelled, send details or what have you to me via PM. If it's a simple cameo, I'm not worried. By all means.

As much as I'd love to defend the character to the ends of the earth, I technically don't own her. Cryptic does. So I really appreciate you asking for my permission first. : ]

Well, being a bad character designer (I once had to copy an OUTFIT from the Foundry into an ingame costume, and it took me a second computer to do that... imagine how hard it'll be to make an entire character without any readable reference sheet) I'll probably need some help. Possibly with character, too, as I'm not too good at roleplaying (or in this case, making) characters originally created by somebody else.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
    edited July 2012
    nagorak wrote: »
    Yeah, showing the names of the objects really gives away a lot in Dereliction Duty... hopefully the editor is up again soon. ;)

Lol. Might check it out later today if I have time, see how funnily you may have named your stuff in all 4 maps :D

• drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Checked through all of mine. No real problems to report other than the new things in Season 6 that I can change as soon as I get into the editor.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • chooch99achooch99a Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My newest mission "The Darkness Ellie Brings" has a problem. One map has a contact npc that is no matter how it goes, going to be within an AOE blast in a firefight due to tight quarter close combat map.

I played the mission several times, and at least 5 times, the contact npc was killed in the AOE blasts of combat, breaking the mission from progressing unless I beam out/back and reset that map and fight again, in which case 5 times later, I managed it without killing her.

Before season 6, it was rare that she got killed, but since the update, it's been numerous times. Obviously, this makes a random chance that players will experience this problem, but considering 5x in a row for me, that's looking like a "higher" chance of a broken mission.

I thought Npc contacts had been fixed to be unkillable by Aoe such as warp core breaches, etc? Or was this ship contacts?
    edited July 2012
    chooch99a wrote: »
    My newest mission "The Darkness Ellie Brings" has a problem. One map has a contact npc that is no matter how it goes, going to be within an AOE blast in a firefight due to tight quarter close combat map.

I played the mission several times, and at least 5 times, the contact npc was killed in the AOE blasts of combat, breaking the mission from progressing unless I beam out/back and reset that map and fight again, in which case 5 times later, I managed it without killing her.

Before season 6, it was rare that she got killed, but since the update, it's been numerous times. Obviously, this makes a random chance that players will experience this problem, but considering 5x in a row for me, that's looking like a "higher" chance of a broken mission.

I thought Npc contacts had been fixed to be unkillable by Aoe such as warp core breaches, etc? Or was this ship contacts?

That was supposed to be fixed months ago, guess not.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
    edited July 2012

The "fix" apparently only made it so that contacts that were the focus of the current objective can't be killed.

Why all contacts weren't simply made invulnerable, I don't know.
    edited July 2012
    nagorak wrote: »
    The "fix" apparently only made it so that contacts that were the focus of the current objective can't be killed.

Why all contacts weren't simply made invulnerable, I don't know.

Er, so they will usually die, given that the logical sequence is kill enemies ---> talk to contact (in the room of the battle). If there is a battle, then the npc would not be part of the current objective.

In order to have the contacts remain safe, then the enemies have to be optional objectives?

Am I understanding that right?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Basically Kirk.

I still go by making doubles of the speak with contacts in space where applicable.

The thing is, what we need is the ability to active toggle who or what we want to be invulnerable as a contact behavior. (Only contacts mind you, any enemy mobs and you get an unbeatable mission.)
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I just want everyone to know that we've collected all the reports up to this point and are in the process of reproducing them so we can resolve them.

Thank you all for your dedication and assistance. :)
    edited July 2012
    No no, thank you. I know I might have busted your collective chops a bit asking for news, but it does seem like you've been handling this all mostly the right way. Hopefully we're on the home stretch and it won't be long till the editor can be turned on.
    edited July 2012
    I just want everyone to know that we've collected all the reports up to this point and are in the process of reproducing them so we can resolve them.

Thank you all for your dedication and assistance. :)

Thanks Zero. It really seems like this has gone very well, apart from some very minor things that we'll need to fix in our missions. Bang up job so far.

Please also note that my bug report about triggers may just be a bad tech on the replicator, so all those reproduction steps may be unnecessary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    And as for the ground contacts refusing to run/beam back to start locations, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I haven't been able to make reliable results.

Two Missions which use the map:
    "Personal Reflection" Map #4
    "Distressed Calls" Map #3
    Both XR-377 Author, don't remember project IDs.

In my tries "Distressed Calls" gets it more than the other. But again, sometimes it sticks, others it doesn't. I recall it being constantly working before, not sure if there was an (un)intended behavior/pathing change.
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, Zero.

The Npc was used in 2 objectives; you enter a room where she is communicating to a hologram of someone, and click an object interact "crouch down and listen in" which triggers a kneel emote, followed by a pop up of her convo.

After that, she spots you and summons orb of possibility quantum shadows of herself, and "kill enemies" objective.

After beating them, the Npc contact is actually "talked to" for a capture and interrogate objective. Seems like the solution is to possibly use her as a talk to twice? replace the object and pop up dialog with a talk to contact?
    edited July 2012
    Thanks, Zero.

The Npc was used in 2 objectives; you enter a room where she is communicating to a hologram of someone, and click an object interact "crouch down and listen in" which triggers a kneel emote, followed by a pop up of her convo.

After that, she spots you and summons orb of possibility quantum shadows of herself, and "kill enemies" objective.

After beating them, the Npc contact is actually "talked to" for a capture and interrogate objective. Seems like the solution is to possibly use her as a talk to twice? replace the object and pop up dialog with a talk to contact?

Could you put in a duplicate of her, set to appear at the end of combat in the exact spot and animation of the first? Then, use an invis object as the talk to interaction?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    kirksplat wrote: »
    Could you put in a duplicate of her, set to appear at the end of combat in the exact spot and animation of the first? Then, use an invis object as the talk to interaction?

Couldn't you remove the "kill npc group" objective?

I've got a map in one of my missions where you fight your way through several mobs to talk to an NPC. The last mob is placed right around that NPC, but the only objective on the map is a talk to contact. You still have to fight the mobs, but the NPC is tied to an objective the whole time and can't be hurt.

I find I like divorcing combat from objectives. It allows players to bypass combat if they can or want to, and in this case ? if the invulnerable NPC thing works the way we think it does ? it allows the vital NPCs to remain alive even while combat is going on right on top of them.
    edited July 2012

That could work in a pinch. Probably best not to gamble on whether the contact gets killed for smoothness.
This discussion has been closed.