test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Official thread for Season 6 Foundry Issues

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Hi everyone!

We've enabled playing of Foundry missions on Holodeck again.

This thread is the official thread for any issues you find with the republished missions that WERE NOT present before Season 6.

Known Issues:
  • We have allowed authors to specify the display names of objects. This means that many objects will have awkward names until the authors can update them.
  • Map transfer will fail for missions where the map mission text wasn't specified and/or the map change dialogs weren't filled in/customized.
    • In all our testing, we found only one project with this problem. It doesn't seem widespread at all.
  • At this time, republish is still ongoing. All projects should be published by about midday Saturday, July 28th, PDT.

Edited the date to be slightly more (though not entirely) global-friendly.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    zorbanezorbane Member Posts: 1,617 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks!!!! I look forward to getting my hands dirty!
    StarbaseUGC Discord Chat
    Foundry Mission Database
    Check out my Foundry missions:
    Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
    Untitled Series - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - Commander Rihan
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Come on. Out the problem project. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Come on. Out the problem project. :)

Haha, not on your life.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Thanks for the hard work.

I'm eager to get back in and hungry for assets but I appreciate the measured approach being taken here.
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    ]At this time, republish is still ongoing. All projects should be published by about midday Saturday, 7.28, PDT.

No matter if that's 7:28 AM/PM, you have an interesting definitionn of "Midday".:eek:

(And if it's AM, and you cionsider that your Midday; I want to party with you as you must stay up all hours of gthe night too. :D;))
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    No matter if that's 7:28 AM/PM, you have an interesting definitionn of "Midday".:eek:

(And if it's AM, and you cionsider that your Midday; I want to party with you as you must stay up all hours of gthe night too. :D;))

That's the date. ;)
  • Options
    chaddy18chaddy18 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think I was naughty and unpublished mine before the season 6 patch. Can't seem to remember though :eek:
  • Options
    akrilonakrilon Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm not entirely sure that this is a Foundry specific bug, but I thought I'd post anyway:

- I've noticed that areas of my Foundry mission, where camera shake and rumble had previously been present, no longer shake my screen. Both the camera shake and rumble options are 'on', in my settings, but with no result. The sound FX from the camera shake/rumble assets are still present, just without the screen shake.

I'm not sure if this is a general gameplay bug, or one that's connected to the explosion/camera shake foundry assets.
    faddc0e2956f1903cb9ac9197fb10cd8_large.png
  • Options
    kirksplatkirksplat Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe this is something that I can easily fix when I have editor controls back, but the backdrop for ESD has disappeared from my mission. It now looks like this:

http://starbaseugc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/ESD-BACKDROP.jpg

Mission: "Vulcan Love Slave #9"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *Some missing dialogues; both were incidental ones that triggered as soon as the player appeared on a new map.

*Interactive objects that are now very hard to line up correctly that worked fine before (scanning objects where I needed to keep moving around for the interact option to appear and stay available).

*Triggers for background effects not working in the same order they did before.

*Randomly, dialogue boxes that appear when a task is completed don't go away and the next task can't load up. Both times this happened I was forced to leave the game and re-enter to clear up the problem.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    Just one thing so far, probably not really a bug anyway. When you have Show Message Category checked, and there's a reach text, it comes up in the chat window prefaced with [System][LegacyFloaterMsg]
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's the date. ;)

DOH! :eek::P:D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    akrilon wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure that this is a Foundry specific bug, but I thought I'd post anyway:

- I've noticed that areas of my Foundry mission, where camera shake and rumble had previously been present, no longer shake my screen. Both the camera shake and rumble options are 'on', in my settings, but with no result. The sound FX from the camera shake/rumble assets are still present, just without the screen shake.

I'm not sure if this is a general gameplay bug, or one that's connected to the explosion/camera shake foundry assets.

Were you using a sustained shake or a one time shake?

I am happy to report that 2 of my missions that I tested appear to be fine, camera shakes included, the one missing thing being space objects which I'll need to go back and name.
  • Options
    kineticimpulserkineticimpulser Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tested one mission - no issues. halfway through a second - none so far.

I do have one concern. is there any particular order these are being republished? I see the first mission I ever made is back, and so are the last 3. are they going in some other order besides chronological?
  • Options
    woodyvalleywoodyvalley Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    The Floods at Home. Part 1 (ST-HN9CS9IDR)

On the Theodore Map I have set up a replicators to interact with, it leaving a 'Interact' tab after completing interaction.

http://content.screencast.com/users/WoodyValley/folders/Jing/media/d67f28c0-9356-44c1-abed-b76a3c1ce8d2/2012-07-28_1104.png

On the St George Map, I have a npc costume contact typing on a consule. The consule is replaced with a generator.

http://content.screencast.com/users/WoodyValley/folders/Jing/media/7336891c-5ff5-435e-85f5-bb61a16e8ac4/2012-07-28_1117.png

The Floods at Home. Part 2 (ST-HMVKDJ2ZS)

Same problem with the replicators as I mentioned above on the Amberley and Amberley#2 map.

Katra (ST-HQDDE055W)

I did have this problem before season 6, but it has gotten worse with the latest updates. I selected I npc to portray a role in the diolog comes up find in the editor, but when published it comes up with a different costume. I know I'm the only one with this problem with this mission after others have played it with no effect.

Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    darthstormstrikedarthstormstrike Member Posts: 771 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can silvers who were former golds fix things when the access was cut? Or did former golds get access to their old stuff since the last time I looked?

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    designationxr377designationxr377 Member Posts: 542 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    [*]Map transfer will fail for missions where the map mission text wasn't specified and/or the map change dialogs weren't filled in/customized.
    • In all our testing, we found only one project with this problem. It doesn't seem widespread at all.

I take it that was my mission, "One Too Many". And I really REALLY appreciate you catching it and seeing that it was not published with that break in it. At least, I can't find it on Holodeck so I assume it wasn't published.

The last map transfer used the apparent bug in order to leave from anywhere on ESD, I was going to pull it pre-S6 launch (and try to think of a way to fix it) but I was expecting it a week later than it happened.

Again, thank you so much for your care with this Season Transfer. The fact there is this brief moment without player reviews is a real positive as we check on our missions and do not have the current ability to edit them. And if you did make sure my mission didn't publish due to this break, thank you so very much for not leaving it tarnished.

Really, some people may be upset about the time scale but I'm not. Thank you very much for learning and showing the contrary to what so many nay-sayers that appeared post S4 said you were. You in fact, do, give a damn.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Actual Bug Report:
    Edit* This is actually only intermittent. Some maps it works, some maps it doesn't. Example map it doesn't work is the ground map from War Games. The one with the ground clutter. It worked there before however...

Issue: Combat Mobs are no longer returning to their default positions after combat. That is, if a mob goes into combat and survives (ally or foe) they return to their default animations but no in the original location and position. Pre-S6 they would run back to their old positions or would beam to those locations if otherwise too far or inaccessible.

To reproduce (I assume, since I don't have editor access):
    1: Create a friendly mob and a hostile mob placed where they will fight one another when they appear.
    2: Watch fight. (player participation or popcorn optional)
    3: Surviving mobs will stop and stand wherever they were when the combat ends, instead of returning to default location.

Other Notes: Back at launch I think this is how mobs behaved, and we were elated when they changed it so the mobs would return to default positions. It breaks some immersion when your allies start talking to empty space or attempt to repair the walls they were running into instead of whatever tasks they were doing before. I can't remember when the update came through to change their behavior that allowed them to return to old positions.

Edit* Yeah... I tried this on another published mission and there was no trouble. I would say it is due to ground clutter, but the second mission had more than the first. The firsts clutter was actually from map design rather than added props. I'll do more testing around.
  • Options
    ajstonerajstoner Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can silvers who were former golds fix things when the access was cut? Or did former golds get access to their old stuff since the last time I looked?
    What do you mean? Did access to the foundry change with the new season patch?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    ajstoner wrote: »
    What do you mean? Did access to the foundry change with the new season patch?

As a gold, you get access to the Foundry editor. As a silver, your access is gone. Or at least that is what happened in my case. Therefore, if this "update" breaks something, it will be forever broken.

"There is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a bribe, a paid assassin, or an overpowered fighter." - Chubain from Jumpgate Evolution
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I take it that was my mission, "One Too Many". And I really REALLY appreciate you catching it and seeing that it was not published with that break in it. At least, I can't find it on Holodeck so I assume it wasn't published.

The last map transfer used the apparent bug in order to leave from anywhere on ESD, I was going to pull it pre-S6 launch (and try to think of a way to fix it) but I was expecting it a week later than it happened.

Again, thank you so much for your care with this Season Transfer. The fact there is this brief moment without player reviews is a real positive as we check on our missions and do not have the current ability to edit them. And if you did make sure my mission didn't publish due to this break, thank you so very much for not leaving it tarnished.

Really, some people may be upset about the time scale but I'm not. Thank you very much for learning and showing the contrary to what so many nay-sayers that appeared post S4 said you were. You in fact, do, give a damn.

Also, A Will and a Barclay has a bug in the last mission. The entire holodeck has dropped 3-5 meters into the terrain, leaving only me, Barclay, the top of the door, and the upper half of the holodeck, on a brownish, flat terrain.

Also, the thing about Silvers being restricted from Foundry usage is a big, fat lie.

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    drogyn1701drogyn1701 Member Posts: 3,606 Media Corps
    edited July 2012
    As a gold, you get access to the Foundry editor. As a silver, your access is gone. Or at least that is what happened in my case. Therefore, if this "update" breaks something, it will be forever broken.

I'm a silver who was a gold and I have access to everything. Or I will when editing is turned back on. Right now its off for everyone.
    The Foundry Roundtable live Saturdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    drogyn1701 wrote: »
    I'm a silver who was a gold and I have access to everything. Or I will when editing is turned back on. Right now its off for everyone.

They must have changed something then. Back when my account went back to silver when it was up, I no longer could do anything with the Foundry other than play missions that were available.

• Options
    rehpicrehpic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Republishing is now complete. Note that there are a few dozen projects (about 1% of all published projects) that failed the republish. These failures were expected and are due to projects having bad data due to previous bugs that were not catching data errors in validation. In most cases we were able to automatically fix the projects, but in these few cases we were not. If you have a project that didn't automatically republish, then you can manually republish it once editing is turned back on and you fix the validation error.
    Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
  • Options
    rehpicrehpic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They must have changed something then. Back when my account went back to silver when it was up, I no longer could do anything with the Foundry other than play missions that were available.

Silver players who had previously been gold, or who have purchased foundry project slots with Dilithium, are able to access the foundry. There was a bug that was preventing players from accessing the foundry, but that was fixed quite a while ago.
    Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Well, Helna of Troy still isn't up, so it must be one of the few, considering how many workarounds and crazy trigger combos I used it in.

Anyways, I noticed two minor issues in "Slaves and Seductions.'

I was using a ready room with a closed door to the bridge. In the mission, the door is supposed to malfunction, leading the player to do a site to site transport. This door is now open, so it makes no sense. But, it's something that I can fix fairly easily.

The other part in the mission is weird, and I'm not sure what is causing it. There is a sequence where the player orders a drink from the replicator, a drink appears, and then the player drinks the bloodwine. It still works, but now there is a mysterious "interact" prompt that does nothing and never goes away.

Again, that's probably something that I can fix easily.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Also, A Will and a Barclay has a bug in the last mission. The entire holodeck has dropped 3-5 meters into the terrain, leaving only me, Barclay, the top of the door, and the upper half of the holodeck, on a brownish, flat terrain.

Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. I caught it myself when I played through it to test. It probably has to do with how I set up the Holodeck Object to be level with Terran or Coordinates. I'll be able to fix it when the editing opens up no problem.

Again, I'm grateful reviews are disabled so I'm not getting slapped for the error atm.
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Hmm... ok, this replicator thing is also affecting "The Return to Terra Nova." Hopefully, it's something that I can fix, because it may be related to the loss of "this component complete."

Here is how it is set up.

1. A replicator is covering two martini glasses on the floor.
    2. edit: oops, this step was wrong, move to step 3.
    3. Interact text on martini A: "Order non-synthaholic drink." Interact text on martini B: "Order Synthaholic drink."
    4. Martini A is set to disappear if martini B is chosen; Martini B is set to disappear if martini A is chosen.
    5. If Martini A is chosen, two more glasses are set to appear (still in the floor under the replicator). Interact text on both correspond to a specific drink choice, and each glass is set to disappear if the other drink is chosen. If martini B is chosen, it's the same sort of set up, where two other glasses appear, with interact texts corresponding to drink choices.
    6. Finally, depending on the drink choice, an object appears in the replicator, such as a bloodwine cup. They are set to disappear with "this component complete" which uses a drinking animation for the toon.

OK, so what happens instead:

3 choices are shown: "Interact" "Order Synthahol" "Order Non-Synth", followed each time by the other choices, each have this mysterious "interact" choice that does nothing.

I hope that makes sense. It's the very first task for the player to do in "The Return to Terra Nova."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    rehpic wrote: »
    Silver players who had previously been gold, or who have purchased foundry project slots with Dilithium, are able to access the foundry. There was a bug that was preventing players from accessing the foundry, but that was fixed quite a while ago.

I guess mine was part of the 1% too as I can't find it. So when the Foundry editing is enabled again, I can find out why at that time?

This discussion has been closed.