test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GM/ Customer Service/ Billing Support and Tickets

Comments

• adzcriz1adzcriz1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Whats the current ingame CSR ticket turn around for Gold/Lifetime accounts thesedays?

Ive been waiting 4 1/2 - 5 days or so, ive been around sice launch and im certain its never taken this long in the past (admittedly i write very few tickets), the time delay is a little unreasonable, 24-48 is understandable, but when were talking 5 days at least for a paying account it becomes quite irritating and demonstrative of abysmal Customer Support.

Is Abysmal CS something thats now the norm?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sean2448sean2448 Member Posts: 815 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i keep getting kicked why is this when I am Gold?
    I keep having trouble finding server unable to send ticket
    not cool to be getting passed over for silver in que
  • bentistwobentistwo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    adzcriz1 wrote: »
    Whats the current ingame CSR ticket turn around for Gold/Lifetime accounts thesedays?

Ive been waiting 4 1/2 - 5 days or so, ive been around sice launch and im certain its never taken this long in the past (admittedly i write very few tickets), the time delay is a little unreasonable, 24-48 is understandable, but when were talking 5 days at least for a paying account it becomes quite irritating and demonstrative of abysmal Customer Support.

Is Abysmal CS something thats now the norm?
    I would like to add on this.

I'm also a paying customer, and my current tickets are open for 2 days now with no response!

I seriously hope in the future they're gonna prioritize ticket responses.
  • dakaansdakaans Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm not a premium player (not by my choice), but i posted a ticket on 07/08/2012 got a response on 07/09/2012, submitted the required info on 07/09/2012 and since then is total silence.
    I can't play, i can't get premium, basically i can't do anything but to check every day if by a miracle i got any response.

I hope i'll see my issue resolved faster (email change) because it's getting annoying to login every day to see i didn't got any answer.

I hope i wont see a troll right now starting to talk about why i didn't checked if my email is still valid. The answer is simple, even if i would know my email address is not valid i can't change it: to change the email address you must click the link from your old email address (?!!? WTH).
    I played PWI long time ago and stumbled on STO a month or so ago and started to play.

Anyway back on the Issue, support is bad these days no matter if you're premium or not and this is bad for business. I'm starting to doubt regarding getting premium right now even if my problem is resolved.
    If not i'm sure of one thing, i wont start playing again from the start.
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    dakaans wrote: »
    The answer is simple, even if i would know my email address is not valid i can't change it: to change the email address you must click the link from your old email address (?!!? WTH).

Yeah, they rather mucked that up.

You'd expect to be able to change email addresses without jumping through hoops. The way it's *normally* handled (by places not PWE) is for the verification link to be sent to the new email address, and a notice of change sent to the old one.

Not sending the verification to the old one.
    I am also dealing with these issues. I have had a ticket open a full two business days, four if you count the weekend (which I don't) and not a peep from PWE. This is frustrating to say the least.
  • dublightdublight Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Has anyone else had incredibly long ticket waits? I know it's a free to play game and all, but my issue is fairly game breaking. Wondering what your experiences are with the help system.
    @Jaime
    Check out my Character Creation Guides!
    Click me.
    <Ragnarok> Fleet
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,903 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i got a reply to the UI ticket i answered. it was all targeted at "it's you and your computer" and contains canned answers taken from some customer no service flowchart. let me guess. "tech suoooprt" is outsourced to bangalore
    sig.jpg
  • tekkamandeviltekkamandevil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have one easy problem that PW doesn't seem to want to fix. I had a different email address when I joined Perfect World a couple of years ago and I didn't find the Perfect World game to be any fun so I stopped playing it. I recently migrated my Cryptic account with Perfect World since PW acquired STO. I tried to change my Email address to a current one and the RIDICULOUS part is that it requires for me to reply to an email that was sent to the old account. I have sent 2 emails and submitted 4 tickets with the information that Perfect World requested of me and I am still waiting for them to fix this problem. There isn't a customer service to call and maybe repair the problem and the email stating that I might have to wait 3 to 4 business days to get a reply is a lie.

As all of you can see now, with the addition of the new Security protocol to the game that I can't even play my own game! I have been a player for over 840 days, I've spent money on almost every DLC that they come up with for the game, and I am also a LIFETIME member; so as to say that I am peeved is an understatement. This is horrible how PW treat their customers and quite frankly I feel jipped at the fact that I am a loyal customer and being treated like TRIBBLE.

PERFECT WORLD PLEASE FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!
  • danielpenfolddanielpenfold Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I do not get why they get back to them in the weekends and that.
    I'm so happy :D
  • renegadeforeverrenegadeforever Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was just wondering why when you submit a ticket or contact the G.M. they don't want to help resolve problems with game play. For instance ever since season 6 my map changes have been well lets just say it's easyer to log off and then back on then change maps. Now I have heard from the G.M. with things to try(which I already knew and tried) and him finishing saying if that don't work contact us again. Well thats the problem, no responce, no fixes, just leave you hanging. So I hope someone see's this and will help me fix this, now I'am not on twitter, but it will not take but a moment to subscribe and I wonder just how many I can contact with a little bad press. oh and yes I am not happy, and you would not be either.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,511 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I was just wondering why when you submit a ticket or contact the G.M. they don't want to help resolve problems with game play. For instance ever since season 6 my map changes have been well lets just say it's easyer to log off and then back on then change maps. Now I have heard from the G.M. with things to try(which I already knew and tried) and him finishing saying if that don't work contact us again. Well thats the problem, no responce, no fixes, just leave you hanging. So I hope someone see's this and will help me fix this, now I'am not on twitter, but it will not take but a moment to subscribe and I wonder just how many I can contact with a little bad press. oh and yes I am not happy, and you would not be either.

Wait what? You spoke to a GM? Like ingame? In STO? oO... And on top of that you complain even after the gods gazed down upon thee to bless you with their wisdom? Blasphemy!

I do not know if there is a english version but in germany we have a saying: "Ist der Ruf mal ruiniert, lebt sichs weiter ungeniert". Which means as much as if your reputation already has gone down the drain you can do whatever you want because everybody already expects nothing good of you. And for some it seems to be the easier solution than rebuilding reputation.

Occasional it appears to me that this is what Cryptic is doing. Ask about cryptic on other gaming forums like mmorpg.com or similar gaming sites, the result is like watching monkeys with TRIBBLE loaded catapults. Lots of uninformed stuff & lots of old info like still comparing STO to the version they played at Beta.

But some is not, and some can be seen in these forums. It sometimes looks to me that Cryptic succumbed to all that and now drives the "If they complain with whatever we do we just can do whatever we want" route full steam ahead.

So... you want to make bad press outside for cryptic? I'm seriously sorry to tell you: You are a few years too late, nobody would bother.
  • abcde123123abcde123123 Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012

That picture should have the Cryptic/PWE logo on it. :D
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    For instance ever since season 6 my map changes have been well lets just say it's easyer to log off and then back on then change maps.

If that's what you sent in as a ticket, gotta admit I'd be tempted to pass it as well. That doesn't give folks a lot to go on. You don't even mention what problem you are having.

Support tickets = details and specifics. Always.

Never paraphrase an error message either.

In fact I've told some folks to not use pronouns. Helps with with the details.

You don't say it in your post but you did contact them again, right? On the same ticket number?

Also you may also want to mention the ticket number as well. just in case a staff member sees it. Don't hold your breathe though.
  • renegadeforeverrenegadeforever Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
  • gstamo01gstamo01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There was a time, in a not so distant past, that a player could submit a "Ticket" and within 24hrs, someone from Cryptic would view it and respond if not all together fix the problem outright.

Today, not so much. From fellow STO players that I have talked to, their experience has been a total lack of response to their issue.

I typically replied that it was perhaps because they were merely on a Silver Account.

It wasn't till last week that I realized it seemed to be the same with Gold and Lifer Accounts.

I personally have a seven day old ticket that has not seen movement on it since the day I created it. The issue was a simple matter of a crisscrossed user@member email where an item had been sent. A pretty easy fix from a GM's perspective, but...

So, the question that I would like to ask the community at large is "What has been your experience with Ticket Submission over the last quarter of 2012?"
    You know Cryptic has Jumped the Proverbial Shark when they introduced Tractor Pulling to Star Trek Online! :D
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies . ~BranFlakes
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I went through about two weeks ago and closed out every open ticket in disgust.

I had three tickets responded to previously. One was a blow off, one I don;t even recall and the other was the GM who for some reason was answering tech support questions arguing with me about why I was filling out a GM ticket instead of a tech support ticket. (It was a tech support ticket)
    I have seen you defend them even when they TRIBBLE up.

You must not pay attention too well. I think they have some of the worst customer service I've ever seen and I regularly express my opinion on that. The only reason why i don;t go to town on them (Especially one specific employee who really needs to be fired as well as a forum moderator who isn;t doing their job) is that would get me banned.

Excuse me for trying to help a fellow player.

• thenaphlthenaphl Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So my fleet leader forgot his password, or had his account TRIBBLE or something. He tries to reset his password and doesn't get the password reset email. He has filed 5 tickets and each time they have just told him to reset his password.

There are a bunch of us chomping at the bit to get started on star base stuff but we can't because cryptic/pwe won't solve his problem.

I'm second in command of the fleet and I am powerless to do anything.

Cryptic/PWE please help!!
  • zeroalexandrazeroalexandra Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, does anyone else feel like STO has jumped off the proverbial slippery slope since PWE took the reigns? If not, have a listen to this one!

I've been playing STO on and off since the beta. I've never had problems running the game on normal default graphics settings and the like. I took a bit of a break in the run-up to Season Six, hoping that the influx of new content would give me a lot of new stuff to do and frankly it did.

The problem is Season Six also came with massive latency issues. I know for a fact I'm not the only person who has had this issue to date but there have been times when I can't play the game for more than five minutes at a time before being disconnected. Nothing on my computer had changed since Season Five and my internet connection works perfectly. The issue arose only after the installation of Season Six.

So, I went through the PWE support and followed through their instructions. The Nettest app and such showed no issues. I reinstalled the game from scratch. I made the game update everything through the launcher rather than in game. I removed the Pando Media Booster application. I went through their entire list of suggestions and nothing improved the situation in the slightest.

Now, as a computer technician, the next step would be to have a look at the programme in question and its changes. After all, its only logical to presume that since the issues arose after the programme went through a significant change and the issue cannot be traced to anything on the computer's end that the problem is with the programme itself.

So I submitted a support ticket. That was two weeks ago.

I just got a response from PWE support. Their message, in a nutshell, directed me to support threads whose suggested fixes were all things that I had explained I had already done in my initial ticket.

So, not only did they take two weeks to get back to me which by itself is just pathetic but they've offered only suggestions that I explained I tried in the initial ticket.

In short, Best Customer Support EVER.

Seriously PWE. Tell me why I should keep paying for a subscription to the game when you won't even try to solve this issue?

/endrant

/startrant

Why was my post asking for an opinion and stating facts removed and buried in another thread? And why was it done so quickly, I might add? Support takes two weeks to get off their arses and help a paying customer with an automated email that offers no help whatsoever but woe unto those who dare insult the company's reputation?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    The obvious answer is...

"Frankly, Zero, They don't give a damn...."

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So, does anyone else feel like STO has jumped off the proverbial slippery slope since PWE took the reigns? If not, have a listen to this one!

I've been playing STO on and off since the beta. I've never had problems running the game on normal default graphics settings and the like. I took a bit of a break in the run-up to Season Six, hoping that the influx of new content would give me a lot of new stuff to do and frankly it did.

The problem is Season Six also came with massive latency issues. I know for a fact I'm not the only person who has had this issue to date but there have been times when I can't play the game for more than five minutes at a time before being disconnected. Nothing on my computer had changed since Season Five and my internet connection works perfectly. The issue arose only after the installation of Season Six.

So, I went through the PWE support and followed through their instructions. The Nettest app and such showed no issues. I reinstalled the game from scratch. I made the game update everything through the launcher rather than in game. I removed the Pando Media Booster application. I went through their entire list of suggestions and nothing improved the situation in the slightest.

Now, as a computer technician, the next step would be to have a look at the programme in question and its changes. After all, its only logical to presume that since the issues arose after the programme went through a significant change and the issue cannot be traced to anything on the computer's end that the problem is with the programme itself.

So I submitted a support ticket. That was two weeks ago.

I just got a response from PWE support. Their message, in a nutshell, directed me to support threads whose suggested fixes were all things that I had explained I had already done in my initial ticket.

So, not only did they take two weeks to get back to me which by itself is just pathetic but they've offered only suggestions that I explained I tried in the initial ticket.

In short, Best Customer Support EVER.

Seriously PWE. Tell me why I should keep paying for a subscription to the game when you won't even try to solve this issue?

/endrant

/startrant

Why was my post asking for an opinion and stating facts removed and buried in another thread? And why was it done so quickly, I might add? Support takes two weeks to get off their arses and help a paying customer with an automated email that offers no help whatsoever but woe unto those who dare insult the company's reputation?

Did you edit the part of your post that talked about redirect loops, 'cos I can't find that anymore, nor my response to it
    edited August 2012
    Did you edit the part of your post that talked about redirect loops, 'cos I can't find that anymore, nor my response to it

Nope, I didn't remove it so I'll post it again.

Clicking on anything relevant on the PWE support page such as, Submit a Ticket, Login, or Contact Us leads to...

The page isn't redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

Sounds like a break that would have to be setup intentionally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wildthyme467989wildthyme467989 Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Nope, I didn't remove it so I'll post it again.

That's weird, I responded to it saying the same thing happened in Google Chrome.

Dunno what happened there, or to my response to your post
  • dontliketolosedontliketolose Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Server not Responding:eek: I've seen more of these in the last week:mad: than when I joined STO, when it went to F2P. What is going on:confused:
    edited August 2012
    Update!

So, I got another email from PWE support. They linked me to my ticket and, shocker, it leads to the same redirect loop that everything else on their support site does!

Also, they gave me three new suggestions on how to deal with my problem. Ideas that I said in the ORIGINAL EMAIL that I'd already done!

PWE is awesome.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    It's possible that "foreign" tech support staff may not actually understand the product itself, simply following a playbook of flow charts telling them what stock responses to copy and paste and send off to customers. Generally, if the support ticket isn't resolved by one or two replies (mostly ID Ten T cases), only then do they consider escalating it up to somebody more familiar with the game.

I had a similar experience a number of times with my current web hosting company - the first time somebody looked at my ticket, the Indian dude parrots back stock phrases and responses despite the fact I stated in my original message I had already done so.

As soon as I ask to speak to his supervisor, a Caucasian dude (judging by his name) comes along and informs me he's fixed the problem, and I'm happily on my way again.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • teahowateahowa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    So I left the game for a while because I didn't think very highly of it. Recently a few friends of mine told me I should check it out. I went to log in and apparently can't remember my password and when I try doing the password reset it says I need to enter the email address associated with that account. Only problem is I can't remember what that is. No worries though I'll contact Cryptic/Perfect World customer support and they'll help me out. I sent in an email explaining the situation...no response. I've sent in a second ticket....no response. I really would like to check out the game again. However I paid for a liftime subscription. I want to access that account. I don't want to start a new f2p account and start over. Is there anyone from this company that is willing to help. Or should I just stay away.
  • decterofvdecterofv Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    i posted this a few hours ago ,asked a mod for help and then it got deleted because i posted my own email.... and thats ok but there was absolutly no attempt to answer my question. ive tried emailing customer service and they are no help. so if anyone can help me heres my problem:

when i created my pefect world account i listed my email as an old one i dont visit often anymore. i didnt think anything of it. aparently it ether got banned or was inactive too long and was deleted i can no longer access it. i tried to remake an email with the same name and i cant because its taken. sounds confusing but hear me out i want to change my perfect world acc password and it says i need to access my listed email which i cannot because of the reasons listed above. it would mean alot if anyone could throw me a bone here :/

ps to mods: please dont delete this thread because i already asked this question or because of spelling errors or some other trivial made up reason. if you do not wish to help then please do not go out of you way to grief ty.
This discussion has been closed.