test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GM/ Customer Service/ Billing Support and Tickets

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Somewhat strange way of doing things.....if you are going to have a support page for cryptic accounts, why not just mirror the darn messages back to the Cryp support pages? Gimping the Cryptic account users somewhat isnt it?

It is a strange way of doing things. When I put in my ticket I replied to the email just like they asked, only to have them not go back and read the reply and close the ticket. Had to open another ticket AND poke Brandon on twitter to get it sorted out.

It shouldn't be taking this long to get things sorted, but I guess just like everything else Cryptic does, its done slow as molasses.
    edited June 2012
    You can submit a billing ticket through the site, but it gets transferred to the PWE support system :) This is why you got the email confirmation. Follow-ups to your ticket will come directly via email, and you can respond to the email you get at anytime by replying to it.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

Brandon,
    Do you get to them some times or not mate.:D
    edited June 2012
    I've placed tickets after each occurrence in a several hour window a while back of my BoP decloaking upon inter-ship communication with a Boff. I seriously doubt those were looked at much less asked if the problem still existed.
    edited June 2012
    :mad: Good morning, :mad:

This marks my 8th attempt at getting something done about several issues I am having on my account.

1. After the Launch of Season 5 , or whenever you had us re-spec our characters like 3 times. I lost all my respec tokens for all my chracters. I DO-NOT re-spec to often so when I noticed that all of my characters were missing the 7 respec tokens they earned prior to season 5 (or what ever) I submitted a ticket. And I waited.

2. In that time it was announced that we would be getting monthly stipends for being active members ( LIFETIME SUB HERE since May 2010) I have noticed sporadic additions to my C-store balance since then sometimes I would get a bump, then for months nothing, then for 2 months in a row I get my allowance. Again I submitted a ticket , and I waited.

SO here we are About to launch Season 6 and for over at least 6 months of support tickets I get nothing .....

I have asked and twittered and Facebook posted about it, and still nothing gets done. I Feel like I was robbed respec tokens and That if I want to improve my characters I am going to be maneuvered into buying some with c-store points that I don't have so I am going to have to use real money for them. That is not an option...

This is my 8th attempt at getting resolution to these problems, I hold no hope nor harbor any delusions that it will be handled , noticed, or even looked at by anyone. I just put it out there in a feeble attempt at getting (what feels like to me) an apathetic customer service process to respond.[/COLOR][/FONT]
    edited June 2012

When you logged in for the first time once we had launched F2P, you were asked if you wanted to merge your account. If you did not merge at that time, there is no option to do so now. Feel free to send an email to customerservice@perfectworld.com asking if they might be able to help you.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

i did not receive this request
    edited June 2012
    :mad: Good morning, :mad:
    i did not receive this request

Please use the information in the OP to reach out to our GM team :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am looking for for the pwe customer support number? Anyone? I have not seen it posted anywhere......

1800-fend4yourselves?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am looking for for the pwe customer support number? Anyone? I have not seen it posted anywhere......

1800-fend4yourselves?

AFAIK, there's only in-game (GM), email, or support page.
    beezle23 wrote: »
    AFAIK, there's only in-game (GM), email, or support page.

there is a number for billing problems on your email receipts if you've bought any zen, but that is just billing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • yinepuhotepgamesyinepuhotepgames Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have been watching my wife try to deal with the GMs for over two weeks now, regarding ONE SIMPLE ISSUE, and become more and more frustrated with the lack of intelligence, never mind adequate response, on the part of the GM who responded (I will refrain from naming the GM, because I suspect that if I DO name the GM, I'll get banned).

The issue?

Very simply, when do Gold Account benefits begin happening for a new subscriber? She upgraded from Free to Gold when her character was a Commander. Given that the account FAQ DOES NOT explain what benefits you accrue at what levels, she was understandably frustrated when she reached Captain and HAD NOT SEEN any benefits from her Gold account.

Well, now she has reached Rear Admiral, Upper Half, and STILL has not seen ANY benefits from her Gold account. No additional inventory or bank slots, no additional boff or doff slots, NOTHING.

When she filed a ticket, explaining this very problem (which I assisted her with, so that it was explained JUST AS CLEARLY AS IT IS IN THIS POST), the response was "Gold benefits are not applied retroactively".

SHE DID NOT ASK FOR RETROACTIVE BENEFITS. She asked when her Gold benefits will BEGIN to take effect. HOW HARD IS IT TO UNDERSTAND THE DIFFERENCE?

Seriously, are there ANY standards that GMs have to meet before they're turned loose on the customers?
    --

Coffee, chocolate, bacon, and phasers. What more do I need?
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    GM respones are automated, more-or-less, due to sheer volume of tickets. And automated isn't really that smart to begin with.

But either way, tickets are not your way to go; because they rarely answer, trying to work on the issue instead of wasting time on a response. If you want a detailed answer, try the forums instead.

Plus, unofficially, Cryptic doesn't have much more than the most basic GM support, due to the fact they're already overbooked with the game itself. They want to, and try to when they can, but the game itself is more important than responding to tickets.
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
  • meurikmeurik Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    trek21 wrote: »
    GM respones are automated, more-or-less, due to sheer volume of tickets. And automated isn't really that smart to begin with.

But either way, tickets are not your way to go; because they rarely answer, trying to work on the issue instead of wasting time on a response. If you want a detailed answer, try the forums instead.

Plus, unofficially, Cryptic doesn't have much more than the most basic GM support, due to the fact they're already overbooked with the game itself. They want to, and try to when they can, but the game itself is more important than responding to tickets.

And then get re-directed to "file a ticket" as a response? Please...

If it were a decently run company, they would have a support hotline (phone) which one can contact, as well as a LIVE Chat support. Currently, I see neither of these for anything involving Perfect World or their fleet of games.

Ordinarily, if you change your account status, I would assume the benefits would appear if you log out, and then log back in. Most visibly, would be a sudden increase of inventory space. If that doesn't help, perhaps achieving the next rank would.

In any case, best bet is to try and get a hold of SOMEONE in customer support, to fix this issue. You're paying money for something you're not getting.
    HvGQ9pH.png
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2012
    Typical MMO GMs. It seems that they are not monitored and do not have their interactions checked by supervisors or the supervisors don't care either.
  • azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I dunno, I think GMs are pretty sweet... that new Camaro is pretty sharp, and the Cadillacs have always been top notch.

:rolleyes: :P
  • angelsilhouetteangelsilhouette Member Posts: 24
    edited July 2012
    azniadeet wrote: »
    I dunno, I think GMs are pretty sweet... that new Camaro is pretty sharp, and the Cadillacs have always been top notch.

:rolleyes: :P

Hah, I love my Camaro, but the blindspots are scary huge and the reversing sensors go into panic mode if a leaf blows behind me while I'm reversing (so you don't know if some little kid has just ridden his bike behind you or if you've just encountered a weed sticking up through the pavement.)

But that's just picking nits, I think. It really is an amazing car. :3
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Just to clarify, did she purchase slots previously when she was a free to play player? If so, I wonder if that's what they're looking at when they say not retroactive.

I do recall discussion about slots not showing up unless you log out and relog back in but I;m assuming that that doesn't apply here since we're talking about over a weeks time.

But yes, it does sound screwed up.
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    There are GMs? When did this happen? Will Champions Online get some soon?

And while I'm asking, will they be called DMs in Neverwinter? Because they should be.
    <3
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    There are GMs? When did this happen?

They're the ones answering bug reports and telling you that you need to fill out a bug report.

Right....

I;m never going to get my foundry slots, am I?
  • commadorebobcommadorebob Member Posts: 1,223 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    azniadeet wrote: »
    I dunno, I think GMs are pretty sweet...

I don't. Most recent GM I drove had the side airbags deploy while driving down the interstate.
    "If you have never used Cello, I'm not interested in your browser opinion."
    Very simply, when do Gold Account benefits begin happening for a new subscriber? She upgraded from Free to Gold when her character was a Commander. Given that the account FAQ DOES NOT explain what benefits you accrue at what levels, she was understandably frustrated when she reached Captain and HAD NOT SEEN any benefits from her Gold account.
    snipped

Did you check the account status to make sure it says subscribed? Click 'my account' all the way at the top of the page in the pw bar. then at the bottom of the billing column is subscription status, make sure it says active.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • trek21trek21 Member Posts: 2,246 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    meurik wrote: »
    And then get re-directed to "file a ticket" as a response? Please...

If it were a decently run company, they would have a support hotline (phone) which one can contact, as well as a LIVE Chat support. Currently, I see neither of these for anything involving Perfect World or their fleet of games.

Ordinarily, if you change your account status, I would assume the benefits would appear if you log out, and then log back in. Most visibly, would be a sudden increase of inventory space. If that doesn't help, perhaps achieving the next rank would.

In any case, best bet is to try and get a hold of SOMEONE in customer support, to fix this issue. You're paying money for something you're not getting.
    "decently run"? You're thinking of those who can afford to have those lines... Cryptic barely has the manpower to improve the game bits at a time, even now, let alone an unnecessary expense like GM support. You can't expect a smaller company to have the same standards as bigger ones

so don't try and apply false things to them
    Was named Trek17.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh', if only due to personal standards.
    edited July 2012
    capnbludd wrote: »
    snipped

Did you check the account status to make sure it says subscribed? Click 'my account' all the way at the top of the page in the pw bar. then at the bottom of the billing column is subscription status, make sure it says active.

As a matter of fact, yes. It listed her as being a Gold subscriber within 24 hours of her paying the subscription fee. That was nearly three weeks ago. She didn't start wondering until the alleged benefits of the Gold subscription had not started showing up, a week after she had subscribed.
    --

edited July 2012

GM responses would not be necessary, if they provided the basic service promised on their web site. When you pay for a Gold account, you should get the benefits of a Gold account, and not continue to be treated as a Free account.

I know that they're on the verge of losing at least one paid subscriber due to this problem.
    --

edited July 2012
    <sarcasm>
    "decently run"? You're thinking of those who can afford to have those lines... Cryptic barely has the manpower to improve the game bits at a time, even now, let alone an unnecessary expense like GM support. You can't expect a smaller company to have the same standards as bigger ones

so don't try and apply false things to them
    </sarcasm>

There. Fixed it for you.
    --

edited July 2012
    Hi Captains,

There seems to be some confusion on how Support tickets work. Here is some information that may help:

<snipped>

I hope this clears up any confusion :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

OK, and when none of the avenues listed work, because the response doesn't address the content of the ticket, what do we do?
    --

edited July 2012
    Just to clarify, did she purchase slots previously when she was a free to play player? If so, I wonder if that's what they're looking at when they say not retroactive.

I do recall discussion about slots not showing up unless you log out and relog back in but I;m assuming that that doesn't apply here since we're talking about over a weeks time.

But yes, it does sound screwed up.

Just to clarify, no, she did not purchase any slots prior to purchasing her Gold account. In fact, she talked with me about whether it would be better to buy slots or to buy a subscription, and I recommended the subscription because of the associated benefits, in addition to the slots.

So far, (from level 20 to level 45) she has received NONE of the associated benefits. I'm thinking I should have told her to just buy the slots, given the lack of benefits she's received from her subscription.
    --

• drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am not getting any feedback regarding the state of veteran time, I waited until after the update or whatever they call and still its the same, I do not want to play again until it is corrected by I get no word at all back. I paid for a service I am not getting.
  • majesticmsfcmajesticmsfc Member Posts: 1,401 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    My in-game support tickets disappear without even a response. I know they were successfully logged. So I'd have to assume it's either a regular database error that happens whenever I submit a ticket about the KDF from a KDF character or the Support people are just deleting them because they don't want to serve me as a paying customer.
    Support the Game by Supporting the KDF, equality and uniqueness for all factions!
  • warshoewarshoe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Currently, waiting for a response to a ticket on a email change.

1) Do not have access to the email that is registered for account.

2) Unable to log into game due Game Guard requiring verification and no opt out (Cryptic login evidently has an opt out on the account page but not PWE login)

3) Unable to change email in account page due to 1) above

4) No customer support number to call

Was curious on how long it takes for PWE to respond, currently spinning my wheels waiting for a response to be posted on the support website.

When I recovered my old STO account, it took less that 6 hrs for a response and was sent an email with a telephone number to contact and change the information. So within approx. 12hrs I had my account back that I had not used in a long while.

Warshoe
  • drakie79drakie79 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I am still waiting to hear from several submitted tickets and if I am honest I do not think I will get any response at all, they are not bothered if a handful of people are annoyed and are content to sit back and let them leave. The game has gone from bad to worse and no doubt they deal with alot of complaints and maybe if the dealt with atleast afew of the issues they would not be so overwelmed with discontented CUSTOMERS.
This discussion has been closed.