test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Second Wave

Comments

• thor759thor759 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    There are so many threads about this it makes my head spin sometimes. I have said it in them and I will say it here. This is just sheer laziness when it comes to fixing things. This bug has been around since the mission first came out, and is still there

The fact it is still around after being reported so many times ingame and on the forums is just laziness and makes a joke of the mission.

Time to get it sorted Dev's, we're sick of using the bug report feature on this mission!!!

Makes me wonder if they cannot find the bug and that it is intermittent and effects certain characters only at level 5 - would be interesting to hear a comment from a Dev!
  • johnnyjohnny1969johnnyjohnny1969 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've had the same issue. Ran it three times solo, trying various methods suggested in this thread, but to no avail.

I haven't tried running it with someone else yet though. I'll be online this morning, if anybody wants to team with me to run it again, shoot an in-game PM to
    Johnny-Johnny@Red-Shirt1969

:cool:
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i recently did second wave on my new Ferasan K'Law (a science officer). True to the form of this thread, at the end of the mission (despite completing all objectives and optionals) I was rudely deposited at DS9 rather than in orbit of Bajor. I tried a few things, logging off and on, warping to bajor and then back to ds9.

My only option was to rerun the mission (I didn't drop it before beginning again). Did everything the same, except deliberately crapped out on the optionals for the sake of time (and since I already had the accolades from the first run) and after the battles outside DS9, I clicked on the ops message then closed it without proceeding, let the red alert run out. then clicked on the ops message again. At this point my mission window was saying Warp To Bajor (report to commander meso thingy) not DS9 so i clicked go and was able to complete the mission. Also then did the borefest that is Of Bajor as quickly as i could.

Not sure where the bug is, but this seemed to work for me.
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    i recently did second wave on my new Ferasan K'Law (a science officer). True to the form of this thread, at the end of the mission (despite completing all objectives and optionals) I was rudely deposited at DS9 rather than in orbit of Bajor. I tried a few things, logging off and on, warping to bajor and then back to ds9.

My only option was to rerun the mission (I didn't drop it before beginning again). Did everything the same, except deliberately crapped out on the optionals for the sake of time (and since I already had the accolades from the first run) and after the battles outside DS9, I clicked on the ops message then closed it without proceeding, let the red alert run out. then clicked on the ops message again. At this point my mission window was saying Warp To Bajor (report to commander meso thingy) not DS9 so i clicked go and was able to complete the mission. Also then did the borefest that is Of Bajor as quickly as i could.

See, that worries me. Whatever the issue, it isn't consistant. I got the "warp to bajor" dialog and got dumped on the right map, not DS9, and it still didn't complete. I was just there in the Bajor system map, with the mission reset back to its original state.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's been glitched ever since it was released. People are complaining more because of the season 6 release and associating it with Season 6 even though the glitch probably predates it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jayfresh11jayfresh11 Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73, I love the name tag sticker!! I remember that episode on ds9, that was funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ajac09ajac09 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I guess since we are not paying for this game fixing bugs like this doesnt matter
  • twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have been finding that I've been getting a lot of lag between completing a mission and the game realizing that I've done so.

For example, I can collect the reward for "Strange New Worlds" but the "complete mission" option is still in the dialog window. I usually click it and it clears out, but in this situation doing so would send you to Bajor.

I don't think it's exactly that since I've not done the mission since s6 went live, but I thought I'd offer it as an option. The game may not realize that you're finished even though it says you are.
    <3
  • fonz71fonz71 Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this is my 4th toon... previously, i've had no problems with this mission, 'second wave'. i am playing as a kdf captain and have wasted about 20k GPL trying to complete it... same problem as everyone else... one thing i have noticed, i can't' seem to convince staas to 'comply' {?} even though i completed the optional... several times the doff missions even fail to start. in order to get them to start, i have to drop the mission log out, and back in hours later. i have not tried it in a group this time around and am willing to give that a go, but there is definitely something wrong with this mission. some have said lvl 50 captains are the ones having problems... i am lvl 50... devs, please fix. any constructive advise is welcome. thanks in advance!
    Don't know why it says i'm an ARC user. i will never use that TRIBBLE Cryptic!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    twg042370 wrote: »
    I have been finding that I've been getting a lot of lag between completing a mission and the game realizing that I've done so.

For example, I can collect the reward for "Strange New Worlds" but the "complete mission" option is still in the dialog window. I usually click it and it clears out, but in this situation doing so would send you to Bajor.

I don't think it's exactly that since I've not done the mission since s6 went live, but I thought I'd offer it as an option. The game may not realize that you're finished even though it says you are.
    Lag might be what causes it. A sync issue could be creating an invalid mission status, which the game resolves by resetting the mission.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited July 2012
    eiledon wrote: »

I tried your suggestion but the result was still the same, I also ran it with my Level 50 Engineer. After defeating the last Jem'Hadar ship the mission screen shows 'Contact DS9' the cut scene plays and you return the the last Map, a 'Contact DS9 Button Flashes up and disappears and the Warp to Bayor Ops Box comes up. On the Right hand side of the Hud there are now two Mission Boxes, One is the Begin Second Wave and the other is Flee Circus - there is no way to turn in the mission and this sucks! We are wasting valuable playing time trying to get round a software bug which, based on what other people are saying, should have been fixed months ago!!! Come on guys get this sorted - I will not play it again until after the next server maintenance. (The system ran a file verify today after a crash so I know that according to the server my files are OK) I might try it on Tribble to see if it is the same there but that does not help matters really.
  • cthulhuslawyercthulhuslawyer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Its useless, i skipped it to do "Of Bajor" only to have the same thing happen again...
    I knew that playing as a second grade player had its problems but not being able to finish a episode is kinda to much !
  • stocaptaindatastocaptaindata Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I have the same problem with my federation character, but not with my klingon toon.

The problem I've noticed is that all the way through the beginning, until right before taking the turbolift to the conference room, the mission status says: Second Wave: "disarming diplomats" and the flee circus mentions the same: "disarming diplomats".

If you then take the turbolift, the mission status should mention "conference conflicts" but it doesn't. The mission status still mentions "disarming diplomats" but it should mention "conference conflicts" as in the flee circus. As long as this doens't change, you cannot continue the mission. So don't convince the diplomats, don't fight your way through to the dock and don't battle outside. It won't change a thing. You keep wasting your time.

Once you see that the mission status doesn't change into "conference conflicts", restart or give up.

Why my klingon toon did the job from the first try, I can't tell.

It's sad to see that Second Wave and Cryptic don't even try to solve it, nor do they answer my hails.

This is a link to the walkthrough http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v42PutGpUmQ
    edited July 2012
    Its useless, i skipped it to do "Of Bajor" only to have the same thing happen again...
    I knew that playing as a second grade player had its problems but not being able to finish a episode is kinda to much !

2nd class player? If by that you mean a silver player, the problem isn't restricted to just silver customers. Way to feel like a victim, thou.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cthulhuslawyercthulhuslawyer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    2nd class player? If by that you mean a silver player, the problem isn't restricted to just silver customers. Way to feel like a victim, thou.

I meant KDF.... but to the point, it doesn't work !!! Ive tried all the ways around it, even sacrificed to chickens in the name of the Internet Gods..... still nothing
    edited July 2012
    I meant KDF.... but to the point, it doesn't work !!! Ive tried all the ways around it, even sacrificed to chickens in the name of the Internet Gods..... still nothing

Hmm, try goats, maybe? :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pappyjaypappyjay Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I'm so glad I checked here, I thought I was losing my mind. I really wish they'd fix this, but considering it's been around long than I have (in game that is) I don't suppose it'll ever get fixed.

It just makes me wish I had waited to buy zen until after I had attempted this mission.
    edited July 2012
    pappyjay wrote: »
    I'm so glad I checked here, I thought I was losing my mind. I really wish they'd fix this, but considering it's been around long than I have (in game that is) I don't suppose it'll ever get fixed.

It just makes me wish I had waited to buy zen until after I had attempted this mission.

I've been losing my mind on this too. I just want my jem'hadar rifle. I have the ship set, I even have 2 jem'hadar polaron beams and 2 jem'hadar polaron cannons. For the ground set, I am missing the rifle. That is all I want. If there was anyway to acquire the rifle without playing this level, I would be absolutely fine with that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    jayfresh11 wrote: »
    I've been losing my mind on this too. I just want my jem'hadar rifle. I have the ship set, I even have 2 jem'hadar polaron beams and 2 jem'hadar polaron cannons. For the ground set, I am missing the rifle. That is all I want. If there was anyway to acquire the rifle without playing this level, I would be absolutely fine with that.

Looking at the 'Bug' thread - they say the work around is to do it as a team! I suggest we form a team and give it a go!
    edited July 2012
    thor759 wrote: »
    Looking at the 'Bug' thread - they say the work around is to do it as a team! I suggest we form a team and give it a go!

That sounds like a great idea. My name in the game is Jason Kim@jayfresh11. Add me on as a friend and lets do this!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lorandaxlorandax Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    pappyjay wrote: »

Ditto... Im working on the "Of Bajor" mission now. Im using a lvl 50 Fed toon, lets see how it goes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • captainvallentcaptainvallent Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Had this issues too.
    Ran the mission three times and had the same result- the Mission resets just when you get the update to go to Bajor.
    /shrug.
    Bug report filed and I'll do other stuff until they get it fixed.
    d7s_small.jpg
  • prymentheosprymentheos Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i really can't believe i sat up here for 3 hours doing the same mission over and over it sends me to bajor but will not let me send mission report what is wrong with this thing?
    :confused:
  • tpolebreakertpolebreaker Member Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yeah, still bugged. It's pretty stupid that they let this sit here for all this time. They could at least put a big red warning label on the mission saying "DONT WASTE YOUR TIME"...
    Only did about 7 tries for it still to fail to end.
    On that last try I noticed it would fail beforehand.
    I just cleared up the last fight in DS9 and accepted the note to go back to my ship ( after allowing red alert to end) when I clicked the ops button again to check if I indeed had to go outside. And there it was staring me in the face, back to step 1, mission log said the same thing. Mission tracker on screen said to go outside though
    Outside the "Flee Circus" mission tracker was still counting down etc, but when I got to Bajor the mission tracker had caiught with the journal and it said to report to DS9.
  • liquidacid29liquidacid29 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    at this point I don't even care if they fix the mission... I want them to just mail me my damn rifle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • toralantoralan Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    at this point I don't even care if they fix the mission... I want them to just mail me my damn rifle

I found myself actually looking for the "Like" button when reading this :D

It is quite annoying, I agree. I have tried this several times and ran into the same problem.
    edited July 2012
    telham wrote: »
    Only did about 7 tries for it still to fail to end.
    On that last try I noticed it would fail beforehand.
    I just cleared up the last fight in DS9 and accepted the note to go back to my ship ( after allowing red alert to end) when I clicked the ops button again to check if I indeed had to go outside. And there it was staring me in the face, back to step 1, mission log said the same thing. Mission tracker on screen said to go outside though
    Outside the "Flee Circus" mission tracker was still counting down etc, but when I got to Bajor the mission tracker had caiught with the journal and it said to report to DS9.

Same with me, and it was frustrating everytime. Can they seriously fix the bug in this game. They made the mission, so why can't they fix it? At least let people get the reward in some other way.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rileyaustin1980rileyaustin1980 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Having the same problem. I have tried the don't click to go to Bajor waiting for everything to go quite as suggested. Making sure that Red Alert Is not active.But still have had the same conclusions on the fourth time I tried to complete this mission. Every time seems to have the same result. STO Wiki says try in a team going to try to see if that works me through this mission.
  • macfellymacfelly Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Having the same problem. I have tried the don't click to go to Bajor waiting for everything to go quite as suggested. Making sure that Red Alert Is not active.But still have had the same conclusions on the fourth time I tried to complete this mission. Every time seems to have the same result. STO Wiki says try in a team going to try to see if that works me through this mission.

Being in a team does work, I completed it today plus you get the benefit of the other accolades if you go in with one of each profession (Sci, Tac, Engineer)
    Apparently not loyal enough :|