test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet store and what C-store doesn't tell you.

blackwind04xblackwind04x Member Posts: 89 Arc User
Don't buy the ship keys if your fleet doesn't give you assess to buy from them. i bought 8 of those keys. I would like my Zen back because it is not advertised right. it a bate and switch.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Don't buy the ship keys if your fleet doesn't give you assess to buy from them. i bought 8 of those keys. I would like my Zen back because it is not advertised right. it a bate and switch.

Huh?

You can only buy fleet ships with your fleet's permission?

Link please.
  • kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Even so, why should not your fleet give u permission? What is the "con" to not allow people buying from fleet assets?
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    First a fleet project must be run to provision the fleet store with ships. so if it gives you 5 (as an example), then 5 people can buy a ship before another fleet provisioning must be run.

yes, fleet leaders can decide who takes these items based on rank.

if you are in a fleet where they are not running enough provisions, or blocking you from buying then i would suggest joining a better fleet. you keep all your credits and those fleet modules.
  • dkratascodkratasco Member Posts: 585 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Yes to buy Fleet ship you need:

1) Fleet with correct shipyard tier.
    2) Fleet shipyard have to had ship provision.
    3) You must have active option to use Fleet base stores, just like you must have it use to Fleet mail or bank.
    4) Enough FC and Z-Store items.
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bait and switch on Cryptic's part or your fleet's? Why not just pick another fleet that will give you access?

Also, How is this a bait and switch? The item will still do what it says it will do.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • krell83stokrell83sto Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Reading: It' solves problems.

"...just look at my track record for making the improvements that I said we would with the KDF and judge by that." - Dan Stahl
  • zodiemishzodiemish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Bait and switch on Cryptic's part or your fleet's? Why not just pick another fleet that will give you access?

Also, How is this a bait and switch? The item will still do what it says it will do.

^ I have to agree with this. I think bait is switch is used to much by people who don't know what a bait and switch is. this isn't a bait and switch. this is what happens when you have a bad fleet leader. the item you got still does it's job. it lets you buy your fleet ships. but fleet ships are controlled by your fleet. ( kind of why they are called fleet ships :D )

But it is not bait and switch. The item still does that it is advertised to do. It is not like you bought a fleet ship only to find out that it is a runabout. OP if you go to a good fleet. then you can get what you want. As long as their star base is at the tier that is needed for the ship that you want.
    edited July 2012
    Wow. So after I blow X amount of dollars in the Z-Store plus spend X number of months on grind, my ability to have a fleet ship is still determined by the whims of the fleet leader who might have quit the game already or is hogging all the ships for himself?

What an absolutely atrocious game mechanic that is.
  • pyryckpyryck Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Wow. So after I blow X amount of dollars in the Z-Store plus spend X number of months on grind, my ability to have a fleet ship is still determined by the whims of the fleet leader who might have quit the game already or is hogging all the ships for himself?

There are four new settings in the fleet menu controlling aspects of the fleet starbase that have to be set for each fleet rank. The two main ones that effect fleeties are the ability to contribute to fleet projects and the ability to purchase items from fleet vendors.

So yes, you still have to have fleet permission to buy anything from the fleet vendors on your fleets starbase.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    krell83sto wrote: »
    Reading: It' solves problems.

Can't read it if you;re writing in a color that blends into the background.
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

It's not like you were left with no options. Talk to your fleet leader and ask for permission, use the 30 day coup option if he is gone, contribute to your fleet's efforts and goals, find a new fleet, or even create your own.

Those ships represent a lot of hard work by a lot of people. Is it not fair to give the first rewards the ones who put the most effort in?
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • boglejam73boglejam73 Member Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Not really. People who put the most resources in to maxing the fleet base should be the first to benefit from the work. Should some jackhole who contributes 3 doffs and 250 dilithium in a month have the same ability to grab a limited reward as a player who dumped 30 DOFFs and 100,000 dil into base projects?

I don't think so.

And if you think that you are at the whim of your fleet leadership, you should leave and find one that is ran more in line with your expectations of fairness.

You joined a video game fleet, not the mob. You can leave without fear of reprisal. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    boglejam73 wrote: »

You joined a video game fleet, not the mob. You can leave without fear of reprisal. :D

That isn't always true. my fleet will have you sleeping with the fishes if you leave. they scare me.

on the bright side. at least our fleets are not as crazy as the corps in EVE. those guys are nuts. even going as far as cutting off the power to a rival fleet leader right before a huge battle.
    edited July 2012
    zodiemish wrote: »
    That isn't always true. my fleet will have you sleeping with the fishes if you leave. they scare me.

on the bright side. at least our fleets are not as crazy as the corps in EVE. those guys are nuts. even going as far as cutting off the power to a rival fleet leader right before a huge battle.

You mean they sent someone to his location and physically cut off his electricity? Man, EVE is taken just a little too seriously by some. I've had friends tell me its more like a second job than a video game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    zodiemish wrote: »

Wait, WHAT? A game where I can run the electric company and put my foes in the dark on a whim?

Now that sounds like fun.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i think he means cut off his power in real life.. you know the big bad mmo we all play every day. the one where there is no respawn option!

People in Eve have become million if not billionaires in real life by selling in game items.
    edited July 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    i think he means cut off his power in real life.. you know the big bad mmo we all play every day. the one where there is no respawn option!

Whoa, that's hardcore.
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Isn't having access to buy moot until the base is built up enough to actually have the ships available?

Buying the fleet ship tokens right now is a bit premature.
    boglejam73 wrote: »
    You mean they sent someone to his location and physically cut off his electricity? Man, EVE is taken just a little too seriously by some. I've had friends tell me its more like a second job than a video game.

"It was determined that 'The Enslaver' and his Avatar-class Titan had to go. I was approached by one of the leaders of Red Alliance to help make this happen, but almost immediately we were down the rabbit hole. Much to my surprise, the RA director didn't want in-game information from me; he wanted us to use the forensic resources of our intelligence agency to trace down The Enslaver's home address. At a coordinated time, armed with this information, a RA member would apparently cut the power to The Enslaver's house in the real world, and in EVE a RA capital fleet would assault the abruptly pilotless Titan. Yikes."

( Source )

there are other stories too. Bank scams, year long planned assassinations, and other crazy things. It is interesting to watch and take part in, but it also greats a community of paranoia. I like my corp mates in EVE, but at the same time there is always this fear in the back of my mind that they may not be who they say they are. that at anytime they could betray us, and one of them has. he robbed us and ambushed a mining fleet before we could get any ships to defend them there in time. It is fun in my opinion, but different.

And yes it can be like a job. I know it feels that way at times when I forced myself to do mining, but on the other hand it also had some of the most heart pounding fun game experiences in that game. There is something about going into battle and knowing that unlike other games. if you lose. you lose everything. your ship, your gear, and even your life. ( well XP )
  • blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This is the reason Im starting a new fleet to allow open access.
    Simple rule you want access to fleet resourcse you need to give to make those resources.
    "First a Fleet project must be run to provision the fleet store with ships."
    You give you get.

PM: Me if your interested as this fleet will be a round table / where we are all equals.

I have many in game resource rich friends who are pulling out of our current fleet.
    Because we all agree we do not like the founder telling us he is going to gate resources.
    Do me a favor, give me this or that, and you can have something maybe.
    FYI: Fleet Credits and Marks are yours, they go with you.
    download.jpg
  • morgansmithmorgansmith Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

You could look at it as a bad game mechanic OR people could join a fleet that doesn't have a doochy-bag for a leader.
    [SIGPIC]stats of my ship coming soon[/SIGPIC]
  • sdkraustsdkraust Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    200K Dilithium is required to add 5 ship requisitions to the ship yard.
    So yea. That's why purchasing of fleet ships is limited.
  • lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People in Eve have become million if not billionaires in real life by selling in game items.

No they haven't. Some have made thousands, but thats it

Erm....how did they manage that exactly? Thats a good way to end up with the cops knocking at your door and a ticket for a 72 hour psych evaluation
    Not really. People who put the most resources in to maxing the fleet base should be the first to benefit from the work. Should some jackhole who contributes 3 doffs and 250 dilithium in a month have the same ability to grab a limited reward as a player who dumped 30 DOFFs and 100,000 dil into base projects?

I don't think so.

different players have different access to resources. not everyone that kind of funding laying around. in a way, you're talking about powergaming the system
    Those ships represent a lot of hard work by a lot of people. Is it not fair to give the first rewards the ones who put the most effort in?

not if those people are the rich ones who can afford to dump massive resources into projects when other players can't
    It's not like you were left with no options. Talk to your fleet leader and ask for permission

you shouldn't need anyones permission to use what you paid for
    "It was determined that 'The Enslaver' and his Avatar-class Titan had to go. I was approached by one of the leaders of Red Alliance to help make this happen, but almost immediately we were down the rabbit hole. Much to my surprise, the RA director didn't want in-game information from me; he wanted us to use the forensic resources of our intelligence agency to trace down The Enslaver's home address. At a coordinated time, armed with this information, a RA member would apparently cut the power to The Enslaver's house in the real world, and in EVE a RA capital fleet would assault the abruptly pilotless Titan. Yikes."

like I said, thats a good way to have the cops knocking on your door at the very least. there are people that would shoot you for showing up at their house doing something like that
    edited July 2012
    different players have different access to resources. not everyone that kind of funding laying around. in a way, you're talking about powergaming the system

If you can't contribute on equal footing with other players in a fleet, than you should probably find a fleet more in line with your ability to contribute.

In my opinion, people who are willing to grind or have horded up their trace samples, doffs, turrets, or dilithium and then freely contribute the most to the fleet projects should have the first shots at fleet ships.

Someone who doesn't contribute as much isn't a less valuable fleet member or human being, but it is pretty silly for them to expect to get first shot at a fleet ship if they haven't contributed much of anything up to the point the fleet ships become available.
    you shouldn't need anyones permission to use what you paid for

I don't even know what you are talking about here. The number of ship provisions available at any time is limited by the fleets ability to earn provisions by completing the correct projects. Therefore, some prioritization method has to be used in determining who gets the 5 available out of (example) a 15 man fleet. You aren't asking for permission to use something you paid for. You are contributing to a shared pool in order to earn access to a fleet ship provision. Once you have the provision, you still gotta buy the fleet ship, and that is all on you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012

Erm....how did they manage that exactly? Thats a good way to end up with the cops knocking at your door and a ticket for a 72 hour psych evaluation

like I said, thats a good way to have the cops knocking on your door at the very least. there are people that would shoot you for showing up at their house doing something like that

I don't know. It wasn't the smartest idea, but hey it allowed them to destroy their opposing force's titan. lol even if it was illegal. once again. more proof that they are crazy, and your right.

no one has made millions off of EVE. If they did I would not be here right now. I would be busy scamming Jita
  • alarikunalarikun Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sdkraust wrote: »
    200K Dilithium is required to add 5 ship requisitions to the ship yard.
    So yea. That's why purchasing of fleet ships is limited.

... Really, only 200k Dilithium? Well, my fleet members can get that together in just a few days, a week at most. And we're a small fleet (Maybe 6 or 7 members).
    Original Join Date: January 2010
    Original Name: -Gen-Alaris
    Days Subscribed: 1211 (As of May 26, 2013)
  • jim940jim940 Member Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Well either join a fleet who isn't run by a dictator, or make your own fleet. Pretty simple.
    You could look at it as a bad game mechanic OR people could join a fleet that doesn't have a doochy-bag for a leader.

Yes, but its easier for some people just to complain then do anything about it.
    alarikun wrote: »
    ... Really, only 200k Dilithium? Well, my fleet members can get that together in just a few days, a week at most. And we're a small fleet (Maybe 6 or 7 members).

Yes I am liking that too so far, means small and medium sized fleets are in a near equal footing with the larger fleets.

Jim