test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 13, 2012)

zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
Ahoy Captains!

We will be bringing down Star Trek Online this Friday, July 13th, at 00:00am (midnight) PDT (click here to view in your timezone) for maintenance and to apply a new patch. Patch notes can be found here, and we expect this maintenance to last for only 2 hours.

Thanks for your patience and understanding,

- The Star Trek Online Team
Post edited by zer0niusrex on

Comments

• nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Zero can you please edit the Fleet Event in the Event Calender so that it clarifies that it also adds fleet marks to the Tholian Invasion zone missions (during the event). Right now, it appears that it only effects the Event queue content (as already listed).
  • silverfaustxsilverfaustx Member Posts: 262
    edited July 2012
    will this fix the broken fleet projects?

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=307301
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    *Gasp!* Zero has deposed Branflakes as master of the Federation News Network!
  • derekslidederekslide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Zero, please verify the mail system, if possible...
    I have lost all attached items and when attached items are sent out I lose them immediately!

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=308161
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    what about the exchange bug?

Or holding alt and pressing up to get back old postings, it doesn't work like it used to anymore (only will bring back the last thing you said, used to be able to go back like 4-6 times)

that was a usefull feature saved time typing things
  • penguin44ca1penguin44ca1 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Fleet event times are incorrect.
  • sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    <3<3 Zero & Sonic 4 EVA <3<3:D
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nooooooooooooooooooooooooo its down ..

is it only me or there seems to be fps performance issues?
    especially when i open mail, fps seems to drop around 30 - 50%?
  • oompasloompasoompasloompas Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    General:

Updated Federation and KDF starbases to add a little more population to the lower levels.
    Resolved an issue that allowed KDF Bridge Officers to beam into the lower levels of starbases.
    The Dilithium Exchange now correctly refers to ZEN in the German and French clients.
    General server stability updates.

All very important <.<

Nothing addressing why we can't buy from the exchange!! I'd rather have a useable exchange them more NPC's running around the lower levels of my fleet base!

also your trailer trash mickey mouse mining laser contraption UI says Dilithium when mining for crystals!

And with the base projects if your going to use a stack of samples why can't it default to the slider so we don't have to do that 150+ times <.<

and maybe a multiple select option when picking doffs to add to projects, but the adding 150 samples 1 at a time thing is worse!
  • shadoreshadore Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    All very important <.<

Nothing addressing why we can't buy from the exchange!! I'd rather have a useable exchange them more NPC's running around the lower levels of my fleet base!

also your trailer trash mickey mouse mining laser contraption UI says Dilithium when mining for crystals!

And with the base projects if your going to use a stack of samples why can't it default to the slider so we don't have to do that 150+ times <.<

and maybe a multiple select option when picking doffs to add to projects, but the adding 150 samples 1 at a time thing is worse!

Regarding your doff comment I have to agree adding 20 colonists 1 at a time was a little annoying.
  • jj1963ajj1963a Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    what about when i am playing there seems to be a clich or total black spots when playing with ship and on starbase and stardock area and the exchange it seems to be some kind of clich or total black n out lines of total black areas and if i move there go away but are there also

jj1963
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Makes me wonder when we will see in a patch people who have cryptic accounts that linked to a new PWE account will now be able to have the PWE saved and not the Cryptic. It's only been 2 or 3 weeks now... There should be a fix for that by now. As well already filed a ticket on the issue but like always response was late and the issue was avoided.
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Slap bang in the middle of the morning for the UK . . . . . AGAIN

I am getting mighty sick of this US timezone focus, every time I get a bit of time to play, lo and behold the server is down for maintainance.

No play for me today then.
  • trappa83trappa83 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2012

Good question.

Any dev here: Are you going to fix this with todays patch/maintenance?
  • dacaaldacaal Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    When will the sever be back up?
  • erocenerocen Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    No matter what time they schedule maintenance, someone in the world will be affected by it. I guess they schedule down time based on player numbers at given times. Midnight on a Friday is probably the best time to do it without causing the majority of the player base to cause an uproar.
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    <whine>
    Whaaaa... I just want it to work. I went to bed two frustrating hours after patch last night as it didn't work. I wake up this morning to find they're in the middle of more maintenance.
    I need to feed my addiction.... ARGH.
    </whine>
  • locutus82locutus82 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    All I want is some fleet marks ! Grind ,grind, grind.... grumble, grumb..grum..... zzzzzzzzzzzz
  • zer0niusrexzer0niusrex Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

I didn't mention this earlier because we didn't want to post about this in our notes until we verified that our change worked.

Yes, this patch should resolve the issues some fleets were having with unresponsive or nonfunctional fleet UI. I've updated the patch notes to reflect this.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Mr Z what about the broken Academy Lore missions? The console in the KDF academy has an interact gear, but no dialog attached to it. Given this is one of the simple dailies for getting dilithium can it be made priority fix (especially since we also can't do Officer Reports until Foundry missions republished)
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I give you lot at Cryptic loads of credit.
    I think you must never sleep.
  • clutch66clutch66 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I know this is something that probably needs to be done and is in our best interest.

but... @#$%#%!!!!! OF A TRIBBLE#!@%!%@#$@TRIBBLE$$%%^%# $%$%! $%!$ % $%$^^% &u6 45Q34@%$%%^#&#%^$%#^%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

I just got my first new ship....almost made it out of space dock with it when....BAM..."cya in 2 hours"

/punches a baby in the face
    edited July 2012
    clutch66 wrote: »
    I know this is something that probably needs to be done and is in our best interest...

... but I'm going to complain about it anyway with my first post, by simulating a stream of profanity and end with a reference to punching babies in the face. :rolleyes:
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    It's 9 AM UTC, any update on downtime extension? :)
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • georgeorwingeorgeorwin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's 9 AM UTC, any update on downtime extension? :)

I've noticed people get confused during daylight savings times. EDT means UTC - 4. EST is UTC - 5.

It's 0800 UTC right now
  • clutch66clutch66 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    hippiejon wrote: »
    ... but I'm going to complain about it anyway with my first post, by simulating a stream of profanity and end with a reference to punching babies in the face. Yeah ! I'm cool ! :rolleyes:

Oh shove it. I'm allowed to be annoyed at a situation without being angry about the reason for it and then show a display of dark humor.

Tried to word that in a way you might understand hippie. Now simulate #%(*&#%#@ me.
  • homotrollicushomotrollicus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well, do'h.
    Hopefully we'll get it back on time, until then:
    " F**k it Dude, let's go bowlin' "
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I've noticed people get confused during daylight savings times. EDT means UTC - 4. EST is UTC - 5.

It's 0800 UTC right now

Yeah, UTC is a really stupid timezone to use.
    Its the timezone version of Esperanto, sounds like a good idea, but in reality its unwieldy and no one uses it.

STO is the ONLY place I have ever seen anything referred to in UTC (even the acronym is wrong, it should be CUT!)

If they wanted a standard timezone for this half of the globe why they hell they didn't just use GMT I have no idea. . . even just calling it GMT+1 would have been clearer tha bloody UTC.
  • dbsheffielddbsheffield Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    1. UTC is the French acronym (the international language).
    2. UTC and GMT (and Zulu for that matter) are identical.
    edited July 2012
    clutch66 wrote: »
    Oh shove it. I'm allowed to be annoyed at a situation without being angry about the reason for it and then show a display of dark humor.

All I'm gonna say ... Dark humor is one thing. Talking about punching a baby in the face ? In what world is that humor ? Dark or not ?

/reported
This discussion has been closed.