What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    sonoframon wrote: »
    There's the problem... you went to Best Buy. :P

Only problem I've seen (and it's really more of a minor nuisance) is that the launcher keeps patching the same 408kb of data since last pre-patch...

Why the crack to Best Buy? My local one has been beyond helpful and kind.

For myself adn others the launcher just dissapears and nothing happens. This ontop of the game constantly crashing after a few minutes has made STO unplayable for me... :(
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Season 6!!!
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • keisyeakeisyea Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Seasonnn sixx! Fleeeet starbasesss!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sjameshsjamesh Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Can't wait for season6
    Say NO to ARC!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kar1972kar1972 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    7 hours? Really?

So that means you guys finally decided to fix all bugs? :D
    SFX Fleet Captain Kar
    Me on the Web
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    kar1972 wrote: »
    So that means you guys finally decided to fix all bugs? :D

Right....

There was a tribble roll out earlier today with some fixes.
  • sonoframonsonoframon Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    nyiad wrote: »
    Why the crack to Best Buy? My local one has been beyond helpful and kind.

To which I say I'm sorry... Just inferring based upon my experiences (which have been mediocre at best, hence why I instead learned to do what they can do and excel at it and not be charged slightly inflated prices) and observations.

But in regards to launcher problems (and I think I had spoken about this either here or on another thread)... Every time i exit, it throws uo the patching screen, does 408kb and then closes without so much as a thank you. And it's happened every single time since pre-patch had occurred. As if the files it's trying to patch are write-protected... Not a major issue, but its sure is annoying seeing it every time lol...

Regardless, i set a timer for when the servers should be up after maintenance. I still say we should open up a betting pool.
    WELL IF THE JAPORI INCIDENT HAS TAUGHT ME ANYTHING, IT'S THAT MY EXISTENCE IS AN EXPLOIT. THANKS CRYPTIC.

IF YOU ARE READING MY SIG - THEN YOU ARE DOING IT WRONG
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    doubt it's S6....i'd take that bet it's not s6.... they need to take care of the Z store and all the problems that will come with it including mathematically challenged players :P
    GwaoHAD.png
  • tehjoneltehjonel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    i'm going to laugh so hard if it's not season six.
  • darknessmutadarknessmuta Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If this was a Season 5 update, it would have been on Redshirt today. Since the Zen update is part of Season 6, it's kind of their sly way of telling you Season 6 is coming without telling you directly. 7 hours is a lot of time tomorrow to read the Season 6 patch notes.
  • matteo716maikaimatteo716maikai Member Posts: 823
    edited July 2012
    wilv wrote: »
    They NEVER release a bug free season, no MMO does. They prob got all the info they needed and figured any problems left can get patched this week or shortly after.

except that they then dont bother to patch most of the stuff and keep adding more to it.

seriously, yay for more content, but jesus cant they fix stuff before they add more TRIBBLE that needs fixed?
  • carmenaracarmenara Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Regardless of whether the maintenance later is S6 or not, I took the liberty of pre-assigning fleet construction teams & sending pioneering & exploitation plans to unit commanders.

Even if its a dud (which very well could be - rushed releases do not bode well for stability), it was a good exercise in fleet organization.
    STF Flight Instructor since Early 2012. Newbies are the reason why STO lives and breathes today. Do not discriminate.

My Youtube Channel
  • uncharted2420uncharted2420 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How about it being 6am for GMT (ukers) instead of 6am USA timezones. See how you like it.

Also why 7 hrs. Can't your team manage it better by spitting the maintenance between 2 days to minimize down time?

They either don't want to...or they don't know how to do a simple thing like that. and as for me it's 9 AM to 3 PM tomorrow...can they at least have the balls to ASK us whether we want something instead of assuming?
  • velktravelktra Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They either don't want to...or they don't know how to do a simple thing like that. and as for me it's 9 AM to 3 PM tomorrow...can they at least have the balls to ASK us whether we want something instead of assuming?

It'll be 9 AM to 4 PM. Your math was a little off there. ;) Sucks a bit since that's when I tend to play, but I don't mind so much if it turns out to be the new season... even if it's buggy. I'm not done with the available seasons yet, but I look forward to more content. :)
    Demons run when a good man goes to war.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If this is the start of season six, I think the casual single player is going to lose out. *shrugs* Unless they introduce something for my playing style, I am completely unsure as to where I will fit. While everyone builds up their fleets, fleet ships, and fleet bases, I think I will end up being lost in the background. After being involved with "Star Trek: Online" for four to five months, I have started to also lose interest. I might not be able to wait until season seven. As we get further and further away from season five, without any new single and casual player options, I am gradually loosening my grip on this great game. If there was a way to obtain these high powered fleet ships, without belonging to a fleet, I can see myself hanging on for a bit longer.

I just don't see the clearing through the trees.

I really don't know what to do.

I feel lost.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    They still haven't said anything either way as far as I have seen. Why risk disappointing a certain percentage of the fanbase that are expecting it to be season 6 and just come out and say that it is not from the start?

Even if it is not S6 and it is just the conversion, just be up front and say that this is all it is.
    Unless of course that it is indeed S6.

Just my 2 cents from a PR point of view.
  • volk74volk74 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    If this is the start of season six, I think the casual single player is going to lose out. *shrugs* Unless they introduce something for my playing style, I am completely unsure as to where I will fit. While everyone builds up their fleets, fleet ships, and fleet bases, I think I will end up being lost in the background. After being involved with "Star Trek: Online" for four to five months, I have started to also lose interest. I might not be able to wait until season seven. As we get further and further away from season five, without any new single and casual player options, I am gradually loosening my grip on this great game. If there was a way to obtain these high powered fleet ships, without belonging to a fleet, I can see myself hanging on for a bit longer.

I feel lost.

Why not just join a fleet? I tend to be a single player gamer myself but in this case its not really like you are forced to interact with others, its more a group to do missions with. You should atleast give it a try.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »

I feel lost.

If you've only been playing for four or five months then you shouldn't really worry. You haven't played long enough to have perfected a ship with purple mk XII weapons and consoles. (If you have, then you're a master player!!)

Just remember that it will take everyone a Cryptic-set seven month minimum to build a tier 5 shipyard. That gives you seven months until others get uber-ships. Even so, unless you PvP you won't really feel the impact of superior ships on your hull.

My advice? Keep playing as you have been. Maybe start a new toon or two. With any luck season 7 will be fast approaching by the time uber-ships appear and you'll be all good again.
  • scramspamscramspam Member Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    this is season six they never give patch notes and call it scheduled maintenance what kinda of maintenance takes 7 hours?????? season six baby!!!!!!:cool:
    PoPeRz WiLl PoPeRz Ur BoPeRz UnTilz PoPeRz GeTz GaNkz
  • maddog0000doommaddog0000doom Member Posts: 1,017 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    If you've only been playing for four or five months then you shouldn't really worry. You haven't played long enough to have perfected a ship with purple mk XII weapons and consoles. (If you have, then you're a master player!!)

Just remember that it will take everyone a Cryptic-set seven month minimum to build a tier 5 shipyard. That gives you seven months until others get uber-ships. Even so, unless you PvP you won't really feel the impact of superior ships on your hull.

My advice? Keep playing as you have been. Maybe start a new toon or two. With any luck season 7 will be fast approaching by the time uber-ships appear and you'll be all good again.

huh it doesnt months to gear up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Wepons, are easy... MACO or Omega XII and consoles though, thats a pain and super expensive.. I doubt anyone managed to get all purple XII consoles in 5 months on there own.
  • ychildychild Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's season 6 and get it away the C-Points for Zen for this game. Right now, Tribble server is down, so we will see in the afternoon.
  • darramouss1darramouss1 Member Posts: 1,811 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    huh it doesnt months to gear up

So you're saying that a new player to the game should be all specced up with purple mk XII equipment after 5 months of self confessed casual play?

If you've done all that in 5 months of casual play then you're either a) not a casual player or b) trying to impress us with boasting.

a) why represent yourself as something you're not

b) boasting never impresses me
    edited July 2012
    volk74 wrote: »
    Wepons, are easy... MACO or Omega XII and consoles though, thats a pain and super expensive.. I doubt anyone managed to get all purple XII consoles in 5 months on there own.

yea u have to be lucky on proto tech.

still dosent take 5 months.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    So you're saying that a new player to the game should be all specced up with purple mk XII equipment after 5 months of self confessed casual play?

If you've done all that in 5 months of casual play then you're either a) not a casual player or b) trying to impress us with boasting.

a) why represent yourself as something you're not

b) boasting never impresses me

define casual palyer and im not i play sto alot.

i went lifer recntly and i got a borg sci engi and tact almost all xii

ps no where in that post did it say casual
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2012
    Purple MKXII tact consoles go for 10's of millions of ec.. Not easy to get 4 of those in 5 months as a new player.
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    It's not Season 6(most likely) tommorrow there is a featured content story that will be on for the weekend

It is a big story so it will take time to load it

You with go to ETA bloak and see the section 31 guy for details - its on the calender
    edited July 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    It's not Season 6(most likely) tommorrow there is a featured content story that will be on for the weekend

You with go to ETA bloak and see the section 31 guy for details - its on the calender

i take it mean fri 13th event.

that does not need 7 hrs to turn on

also with the lastest podcast branflakes said season 6 will be here sooner than u think.

i think it be 6
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • mrgloubloumrgloublou Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    why would they release it when testing is not done ?, it is still buggy so it still needs work

they do work that they don't put on tribble server so it may be less buggy than you think ;)
  • tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    levi3 wrote: »

We've gotten shorter maintenance times for Featured episodes.

It is not for that mission.
This discussion has been closed.