Scheduled Maintenance (July 12, 2012)

Comments

• vkfphoenixlordvkfphoenixlord Member Posts: 1,991 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I think it is prep work for Season 6.
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cdnhawk wrote: »
    Considering the huge amount of pre-patching that's taking place, I can't see how it can be anything but S6. As far as how buggy everyone is saying it is, didn't the devs already say that the version on Tribble is an older build than what we'll be getting? I would have to assume that at least some, if not all, of the bugs have at least been worked on.

There have been pre-patches before that had not been utilized in the next maintenance....

I think some of those new ships need a bit of tweaking...some are very powerful, while others are suspect...

:)
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    what pre-patching ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • mustachemavmustachemav Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    cdnhawk wrote: »
    As far as how buggy everyone is saying it is, didn't the devs already say that the version on Tribble is an older build than what we'll be getting? I would have to assume that at least some, if not all, of the bugs have at least been worked on.

How can i not laugh at that statement, even if the tribble build is on an older codebase to assume that the bugs are fixed on a build we have not seen or tested publicly is laughable at best. No offense intended, just no faith from past experience.

Also prepatching really does not mean anything to me, simple code can turn on and off features. It could just be the new code base with content included but not activated. just to bring it up to speed with tribble build, but not deploy or activate core ssn 6 content.
    Facebook | STOked Radio
    Twitter | @STOkedshow
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zeuxidemus001zeuxidemus001 Member Posts: 3,357 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How can i not laugh at that statement, even if the tribble build is on an older codebase to assume that the bugs are fixed on a build we have not seen or tested publicly is laughable at best. No offense intended, just no faith from past experience.

Also prepatching really does not mean anything to me, simple code can turn on and off features. It could just be the new code base with content included but not activated. just to bring it up to speed with tribble build, but not deploy or activate core ssn 6 content.

Odds are if it is going live tommorrow after the patch it will be the worst launch since season 4 LOL. Odds are what would happen is that it would be so buggy and broken that the foundry would be down for the rest of the year, the starbases would be locked and everyone would fumbling their key rings trying to get one to fit to get inside it to unlock the door...

But what is not to love about killing a target while its still shooting at you for 5-10 seconds and then all of a sudden drops dead like the tholians do LOL.
  • senshibat01senshibat01 Member Posts: 11,292 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    taco fangs wrote: »
    No need, we've got commands that just give us a T5 right off the bat if we really wanted to abuse the system. . .

Yay.. more Ikea for the crew.. wheres my Command Centre Desk and Devein?
    I need to accessorize.. maybe replicate a giant cake to celebrate?
    e81d2f2c7ce74e61cba28154fcac4cc2.jpg
    Tsuki ni Kawatte Oshioki Yo
  • latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    This thread was stickied by Brandon:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=302921

Take it for what it's worth.
    edited July 2012
    linyive wrote: »
    ...Snip...

When it comes to the possibility of Season Six, the question does not even come into my mind. Seven hours is most likely being dedicated to the conversion. Adjusting every single element to zen sounds like a pain.

I tend to agree. We are talking about real world money here. If they TRIBBLE up the conversion and some players end up with extra Zen, it could add up to be a lot of lost money for Cryptic/PWE. If players get short changed... that would be a fire storm of almost apocalyptic proportions.

Always remember... the Accountants rule!
    Are we there yet?
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is it Season 7 yet? :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Some of the things that are scheduled for Thursday:
    (1) "Hearts & Minds" - Friday the 13th special episode.
    (2) STF Thursday - Infected
    (3) "Defera" - Borg Invasion
    (4) C-Points to Zen Conversion: C-Store
    (5) C-Points to Zen Conversion & Dilithium Adjustments: Ship Requisitions Office
    (6) C-Points to Zen Conversion: Individual Player Accounts
    (7) Zen to Dilithium Conversion: Dilithium Exchange
    (8) Dilithium Adjustments: Dilithium Stores Across Entire Game
    (9) Dilithium Adjustments: Duty Officers Missions
    (10) Dilithium Adjustments: Available Missions Tab
    (11) Dilithium Adjustments: STFs
    (12) Dilithium Adjustments: Dilithium Minning Event
    (13) Normal Weekly Maintenance

One of the questions I would ask, "Is the C-Store getting a major upgrade; thus, the whole concept behind it is being rebuilt from the ground up?"

My second question would be, "Did they have to rebuild the Ship Requisitions database?"

My third question would be, "How long does it take to convert every single player's C-Points over to Zen?"

When it comes to the possibility of Season Six, the question does not even come into my mind. Seven hours is most likely being dedicated to the conversion. Adjusting every single element to zen sounds like a pain.

and you know all this how???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    usscapital wrote: »
    what pre-patching ?

Pre-patching is just when they're preparing your launcher for a big patch. When you exit STO, you may see the launcher patching again. Let it finish.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • amavaramavar Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I highly doubt its season 6... They would have said it was season 6 if it were odds are like they were saying is that the conversion of c-store to z-store was happening tommorrow on the 12th... Plus the friday the 13th mission is going live for a few days.

The testing so far as yielded so many bugs and such if I were in their shoes I wouldn't launch it due to how irrate players would be in its current form. I guess everyone just assumes for such a long down time it couldn't be any other thing than season 6 but unless some dev says yes it is season 6 I wouldn't be counting on it.

The bug fixes have been made, so I don't think that's the sole reason I agree that this is not going to be Season 6 though. They wouldn't need to have a Friday the 13th event if it were.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Tribble's now shutting down for maintenance. I wonder if this is a test of a last minute patch.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012

My guess would be because They told us so...

A bit of Logic and a some forum searching will get anyone the same results.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    amavar wrote: »
    The bug fixes have been being made, so I don't think that's the sole reason I agree that this is not going to be Season 6 though. They wouldn't need to have a Friday the 13th event if it were.

The Friday the 13th mission was pre-scheduled for this week, when it came out the first time a few months ago.

It's not really a factor with this patch cause it's already loaded into the game.

They just have to turn it on.

We won't see this Mission again after this week till September 13th, 2013...

More than a year from now.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • anthonyxmas1anthonyxmas1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bberge1701 wrote: »
    All we know for certain is that they're switching the C-Store from Cryptic Points to Zen. Until I see patch notes, I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Cryptic usually releases patch notes very late in the day (U.S. time) or even right before the maintenance begins.

So the lack of patch notes right now does not mean patch notes for Season 6 will not be released in a few hours, or even tomorrow before the mainteance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
    edited July 2012
    I think it's just meowntenance. Otherwise there would be release notes. There are nun, so it's not Season 6, just prepurrations.

Cryptic usually releases patch notes very late in the day (U.S. time) or even right before the maintenance begins.

So the lack of patch notes right now does not mean patch notes for Season 6 will not be released in a few hours, or even tomorrow before the mainteance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
    edited July 2012
    Odds are if it is going live tommorrow after the patch it will be the worst launch since season 4 LOL. Odds are what would happen is that it would be so buggy and broken that the foundry would be down for the rest of the year, the starbases would be locked and everyone would fumbling their key rings trying to get one to fit to get inside it to unlock the door...

But what is not to love about killing a target while its still shooting at you for 5-10 seconds and then all of a sudden drops dead like the tholians do LOL.

Can you get more negative? Sheesh! :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • bfottrellbfottrell Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    tinead51 wrote: »
    In the UK duh,2 or 3 in the afternoon till 9 or 10 in the evening,very little difference.Please read ALL the posts...

What are you complaining about? You had the EU Welcome Weekend. This is the EU TRIBBLE You Weekend. ;)
    edited July 2012
    Season 6 is coming "really soon" (tomorrow? (U.S. time))

I bet that, less than a half hour after Season 6 go live on the Holodeck, there will be doom-and-gloom naysayers on the forums who will say Season 6 is ALREADY a failure and Cryptic will be cancelling STO any day :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
  • plb1982plb1982 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    People are pointing out that Cryptic hasn't said that this is S6 yet...

But no one has mentioned that Cryptic hasn't said that this IS NOT S6 yet.

Patch notes are one thing, but a simple YES or NO on S6 should be easy. The two reasons I can think of are: A) there's still some debate about whether or not to go live, and they want to get in as much testing as possible before making the call. Or B) they know it's coming and are hoping that if they don't confirm it, there will be people who aren't chomping at the bit to log in and the server load might be reduced (albeit slightly).

...And I tend to agree with the folks that say that the Zen conversion seems to be very intertwined with the entire game on Tribble. It's already into the S6 build, it seems like it would be extra work to convert that one piece separately. But, then again, they may have made it easily adjustable, who knows?
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Link: Cryptic Points Conversion
    Starting this Thursday, July 12th, Cryptic Points are converting to ZEN.
    What do you think that entitles?

Its all about knowing what you don't know. Other words, converting the game from C-Points to Zen is not as simple as flipping a switch. Lots of in game elements are affected. If you are wondering about the other stuff, the events are listed on the in game calendar.

Link: My Original Post

Could Season Six be on tomorrow's agenda? Sure. Cryptic could very well add that to tomorrow's patch. I am just looking at the most obvious answer.
  • bfottrellbfottrell Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Personally, I can wait for Cryptic to work the bugs out.

The S6 mods on Tribble are still too buggy. Minor irritation in some and virtually unplayable on the Nukara scenario. If everyone gets what they want, when they want it, we're going to end up with downtime 2, 3, even 4 times a week for them to patch all the holes. Remember the post S4 and S5 launches? The ******** was never ending. :mad:

If all they're doing is lining up the CP to Zen conversion, let them do it right. If I had 4000 CP, logged on the next day to find I had 2 Zen, I wouldn't care about the launch of S6 at all. Cryptic... take the time to do it right... this time!! :eek:
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2012
    Meowntenance is cumplete, and as I foresaw on Page 5, it's just meowntenance, no patch. At least a baby-patch for Tribble. I think we're not going to see Season 6 live in this month, should be around August first half. The bugs need sirius attenshun. ^^

~ Meowz
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • benglowbenglow Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Not yet Thursday
  • jaxjaguarsjaxjaguars Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Maybe the Maintenance is really supposed to last for the typical 2 hours and is 7 just to tease us.
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Well I haven't seen any CMs come out and flat out deny that it will be S6 at this point. That is pretty telling in my opinion.

Of course I haven't been around long enough to see how sadistic the CMs around here can be. :)
  • shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012

That's july 5ths notes.
  • linyivelinyive Member Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    That's july 5ths notes.
    Yeah, I went back to check. I removed it from the post.
    edited July 2012
    I think we're not going to see Season 6 live in this month, should be around August first half. The bugs need sirius attenshun.

The bugs on Tribble were not fatal to Holodeck release. But go ahead, be skeptical of Season 6 coming out on JULY 12, and yes, that's July 12, 2012!!!

I'll be building my fleet starbase tomorrow, for sure. On the HOLODECK!!!

Cue Enterprise (TV Series) theme music:

"It's been a long road, getting from there to here ...

(etc. etc.)

I have faith of the heart ...

(more etc.)"

You can always yank out the Enterprise (TV Series) theme music when you want to express some good ol' secular faith :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    LAUREN RULZ !!!!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.