xgorillapxxgorillapx Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Woot! Its up.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    General:

The Tholians are coming.
    Level 50 players can find their Invasion in the Nukara system in the Eti Eridani sector block.
    Be mindful that if your testing character isn't yet level 50, it won't qualify us to test this specific mission. And won't qualify us for the Doff reward later. But all of us who play for at least one hour on Tribble will still get the Fleet Tribble.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So completing one of the Easy missions like collecting data logs qualifies one for the Breen Doff?
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I did both easy missions to be safe.

You can do them simultaneously.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    EDIT: NVM... Delete This Please.
  • Options
    foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So am I reading this right, we only have to complete ONE of the missions to get the rewards?

I jsut cleared four of them, would have been five but "Closing doors" is glitched.
  • Options
    scipherscipher Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    well it a nice tribble and a doff to boot thanks Cryptic
    "No more wire hangers, Christina"
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Hey, groovy, Tribble Test Weekend and associated Prizes.
    Play on Tribble for at least one (1) hour and earn* an exclusive Fleet Tribble.
    Check and more. Started Testing at 11:12p 07/06/12; Ended at 01:06a 07/07/12. A little less than two hours.
    Play on Tribble and complete at least one (1) mission in the Tholian Incursion ground map (found on Nukara Prime in the Eta Eridani Sector Block) and earn* the exclusive Ang the Vicious Duty Officer.
    Check, check, and check. I actually completed three missions: Completed: 12:44a [Easy] Interior: Indentured Dismissal, 12:46a [Easy] Interior: Interspacial Inquiry, 1:05a [Easy] Exterior: Industrial Espionage.

Tholians look great. Great animation/movements too. Very dramatic "death scenes" they play out each time they die. I liked that. I didn't notice any Crit-Exposed-Vaporizations, despite making said result a few times. So Tholians don't go >poof< That's disappointing. However, nice to see you guys remembered to hook up the "Kill x Tholian" Accolades. At least 100 is there, as I got that one ("Chipped", IIRC). Thanks for that.

Overall feedback? I wasn't that keen on the Borg Invasion Map missions. I don't know that I'll care much more about the Tholian one. More grind, no "story". Meh. >shrug< So far, I haven't seen anything in S6 that's grabbing me, sorry.

Anyway, thanks in-advance for the Testing goodies. I'll look forward to using them in S7. :cool:

P.S. I was sorry to see the hole in the doorway floor of my bridge (between my Office and the Bridge-proper) is still there. Has been since S2 (and yes, I've placed bug tickets, including pix, over the years (but no, I didn't bother placing another this time, as it clearly doesn't matter)). Would love for that to go away, along with many other bugs that have been around since then and before... :rolleyes:

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    phase325phase325 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Though we do not get the rewards until an unspecified date, would be nice to have conformation on screen that we have met the criteria... I would not want to hit season six and find that I have missed out on the rare goodies due to some glitch on the test server that didn't register my participation. :( I was on the server 10 minutes after Branflakes made it known it was live, right up to the point where the server went down due to loading issues. That was 3 hours+ I believe.
    HAMMER SQUADRON
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    therealfluffytherealfluffy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Is this doff available for both FED and KDF or do I have to play one of my KDF characters too to claim the doff on that faction?
  • Options
    sortofsortof Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Ditto. Waiting for a well earned reward. :D
    Whatever we deny or embrace, we belong togheter./ Pat Benatar
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I had fun with this!

I did the two easy missions and then wondered about to kill the rest of my hour by freeing trapped "friends" in the crystals. I'm assuming that's part of another misiion?

I will try a few medium missions after work. :)
  • Options
    bern9bern9 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    :) Right, should be something else for the klingons since tribbles are not keen for being around them
    Simcore
    Alien lieutenant general, house of duras
    Human vice admiral, icarus fleet
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]=/\= '...to boldly go, where no game has gone before...' =/\=
  • Options
    tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    bern9 wrote: »
    :) Right, should be something else for the klingons since tribbles are not keen for being around them

the special tribbles as season/preorder rewards are usable by klingons.
  • Options
    mikoto123amikoto123a Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Very nice (so far) - but don't have time to go into much detail.

Could a bank site be included on Nukara Prime? (Or have I missed it:D)
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited July 2012
  • Options
    tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    garaks31 wrote: »
    where Can We Find Those Rewards ?
    *important Notes: If Eligible, These Account-wide Rewards Will Be Claimable For Free From The C-store On Holodeck At A Currently Unannounced Date Post Season 6 Launch.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    So if we earn these in Tribble do they transfer to Holodeck?
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    paulymanpaulyman Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    robeasom wrote: »
    So if we earn these in Tribble do they transfer to Holodeck?

LOL umm thats the whole point

Ladies (who am i kidding) and Gentlemen please save your questions until you have actually read the announcement in full and not just looked at the pretty pictures.
  • Options
    creamyzombiecreamyzombie Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    rub the tribble each hour

... I giggled like a mad man. I used to pat my Tribble, from now on I'll rub it.

But yeah, I logged on for the reward, stayed for the fun!
  • Options
    darkenzeddarkenzed Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Terrible lag in the new zone, its almost unplayable...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vice Admiral Five: Federation Patrol Alliance (Personal Alt Fleet).
    Captain Shakira: Ferasan Shadow Force.
  • Options
    nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Has stability been fixed yet? Will I finally be able to play STO after almost a month of constant crashes/freezes? :(:confused:
  • Options
    corvuschroniclescorvuschronicles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    foundrelic wrote: »
    So am I reading this right, we only have to complete ONE of the missions to get the rewards?

I jsut cleared four of them, would have been five but "Closing doors" is glitched.

Wait.
    We have to complete one of the Tholian Ground Invasion Missions to recieve the testing reward(s)?
    My only toon on this F2P account is only level 12 though.
    Since he doesn't meet the level requirements, matching doesn't change that, and Cryptic never added the leveling NPC's they've been promising for about 2 years now, how am I supposed to achieve this?
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Played the Tholian Mission and hopefully was on for a hour so can't wait to get my rewards when season 6 goes live
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mattachinemattachine Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    I sincerely hope that you will fix all the bugs in the Tholian missions before you release this on Holodeck.

As for the FX for the Tholian spiderweb on the ground, please, you need to change it. The FX for the Nausicaan Rifle hold suits them better then the current one.

The mining for crystals must be changed to a lower amount or to be a team pool so no everyone in a team has to mine. It takes hours of 5 people have to take turns mining while the rest guards.

The mission items must be possible to discard/trade. They take up inventory space and can't be removed.

And I'm sure most of this and all other problems have been mentioned in the official feedback thread.
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,877 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    How do you transfer other alts into tribble?
    DUwNP.gif

This discussion has been closed.