test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Now that Heretic is gone....

tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
Who will be running the DOff system??

As far as I Know, he was the only one who actually worked on this system. Hope his replacement is as vocal here as he was.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Huh? Did Heretic actually leave or do you mean how he's working on other stuff right now?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    He left about a day ago and is going to be working for Gazillion Entertainment I think.
    liking the look of Marvel Heroes. hope it lives up to expectations. been getting my hero fix with dcuo, but have always been more of a Marvel boy. Heh at least 3 of my characters on DC have been homages to Marvel have a Golem Grimm (The Thing), a Doc Banner(Hulk) and Hunk McCoy (X-Men's Beast). Hope heretic is going to be working on functionality for that game if so I have a lot of confidence.
  • skurfskurf Member Posts: 1,071 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I wouldn't get your hopes up that any dev will be as interactive as Heretic was. He was one-of-a-kind. He still plays STO though and you can catch him in the Doffjobs channel from time to time. As far as the Doff system, I'm sure it will continue to progress, although players' feedback will be less influential than it was when Heretic was in charge.
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think one of the devs was ensign Ro if i remember correctly.

i doubt anyone will be as vocal as heretic though. i swear he was posting 26 hours a day.
  • havamhavam Member Posts: 1,735 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I think one of the devs was ensign Ro if i remember correctly.

i doubt anyone will be as vocal as heretic though. i swear he was posting 26 hours a day.

agreed, he was clearly stationed on DS9, i ll miss his cerebral approach
    edited June 2012
    why did Heretic leave? :(
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2012
    The Doff System is now in the hands of myself and my fellow Systems designer whom I believe is going by the name "Archon" on these new forums.

He'll be handling most of the actual assignment and commendation data, while I'll be heading up active roster powers, specs and traits. Anything not covered by those categories will be divied up between us as scheduling permits.

I'm not sure either of us is likely to be as prolific of a poster as Heretic was. Those are big shoes to fill.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • captainrevo1captainrevo1 Member Posts: 3,948 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The Doff System is now in the hands of myself and my fellow Systems designer whom I believe is going by the name "Archon" on these new forums.

He'll be handling most of the actual assignment and commendation data, while I'll be heading up active roster powers, specs and traits. Anything not covered by those categories will be divied up between us as scheduling permits.

I'm not sure either of us is likely to be as prolific of a poster as Heretic was. Those are big shoes to fill.

*cough* Lurian doff *cough*
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Lurian Doff Flavor Text: "..."
  • daytonamaxdaytonamax Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    liking the look of Marvel Heroes. hope it lives up to expectations. been getting my hero fix with dcuo, but have always been more of a Marvel boy. Heh at least 3 of my characters on DC have been homages to Marvel have a Golem Grimm (The Thing), a Doc Banner(Hulk) and Hunk McCoy (X-Men's Beast). Hope heretic is going to be working on functionality for that game if so I have a lot of confidence.

Maybe he will bring a "Fanboy" or "Paparazzi" System to marvel?
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As Borticus mentioned, we'll be doing our best to try to handle things here now that Heretic has moved on. We know Heretic had a great connection with this community, and we hope to maintain that as best we can.
  • dontdrunkimshootdontdrunkimshoot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

glad to hear your handling the active roster aspect, you have done a good job addressing station power balance concerns.

you should take a look at the shield distribution doff, its shield healing is enormous, seemingly much higher then your shields have hitpoints. its like transfer shield strength 7 in effect, when it procs it protects you better then rsp.
  • zerobangzerobang Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

just remember to drop in with the DOFFJOBS chat channel every now and then to ask around for feedback, Heretic always dropped in on us, and that was always fun. Thats your job now :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Agreed, drop in please.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

I'm relieved to find that the DOFF system will not be in "unknown" hands... though I can understand why you might not necessarily want to advertise that fact ;)

Please welcome your fellow system designer, whatever name he's flying under. I can't promise the masses will be gentle with him, but we'd sure like to hear from him, too.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    As Borticus mentioned, we'll be doing our best to try to handle things here now that Heretic has moved on. We know Heretic had a great connection with this community, and we hope to maintain that as best we can.

Welcome, Archon!

Thanks for dropping in!

Aside from working on the DOFF system, what else do you have your hands on?

In the game, I mean. :wink:
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nice to have both of you onboard. To clarify, is this just about feature maintenance or will you both be actively developing/expanding upon the system, schedule permitting?

Please don't hesitate to drop into the channel to get some direct feedback or bounce around an idea.
    edited June 2012
    Glad to have you. I hope you'll enjoy this job as much as Heretic did.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • pointedearspointedears Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Good luck in your new role, im sure you will bring new ideas to the doff system which for many of us, has been a lifeline to the game. I would like to see (in no particular order)

purple doff grinder - grind 5 purples for an ultra rare or guarenteed resolve purple doff

grinders for different species - my caitian and ferasans would like to have an all caitian
    doff crew for example

new missions and chains with new rewards and new species

purple psionic doff

Those are just a few ideas :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Thanks for the update.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Welcome to the DOFF system! :biggrin:
  • starkofthenorthstarkofthenorth Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Borticus, Archon, welcome aboard. Best of luck to both of you.
    Also known as Gingie(In game) Sskald(Gates of Sto-vo-kor)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

No harm in trying. All the best -- doffs are a neat and unique aspect of this game! Looking forward to how the system continues to evolve.
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
  • archoncrypticarchoncryptic Member, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. =)
  • ssgtgumby#3483 ssgtgumby Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Communication....communication....communication to and with the community is your number one job dude! If we ain't happy the cash flow comes to a trickle! We have confidence in you and your staff!

• captwcaptw Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited June 2012

why not a Boff or playable race :P we already don't talk lol.
    lHut1H2.jpg
    "I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey, and reminds us to cherish every moment... because they'll never come again. What we leave behind is not as important as how we lived" Picard to Riker
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone. =)

here's your phaser, here's your uniform, here's your quarters, and here's your tribble. Don't Feed the tribble or you will be thrown out the nearest airlock, along with your tribbles.
  • ransom2375ransom2375 Member Posts: 243 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    archoncryptic = Ensign Ro ?
    Star Trek Online: Foundry 02.12.2010 - 11.04.2019
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2012
    ransom2375 wrote: »
    archoncryptic = Ensign Ro ?

Confirmed. I suppose he took issue with the former nickname. Can't imagine why. ;)
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"