test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

NOTICE: You must be using a PWE Account to post on the forums + other changes

Comments

• palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We are working on getting the Dev Tracker back up and running ASAP. Thanks for your patience.

I hate that i could not use my user name, i hate the look it is not as flush to read and work within as the Cryptic Forums, I am a unsatisfied customer with this change. PWE knows how to create unhappy customers they have perfecting the technique since F2P and being a company that nickels and dimes the people who already pay to play this game.

Someone over there just does not get it......I probably will not use this forum much, so many of my ideas and input has made it into the game, some turned out decent and some makes me shake my head.

member since September 2008
    To bad face book does not have a dislike because you make stupid decisions that affect the community at large, usually in opposition to what we want status.

it is what it is, so get a clue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • srspellssrspells Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    First I work in Graphic design/ coding so with that outta of the way I got a long paragraph for you Devs to read. I understand you guys are owned by PWE but still I would like common decency from your business.

I WOULD LIKE A DEV TO COMMENT ON THIS.(WEATHER BAD OR GOOD)

people should be accountable for thier actions

Business Ethics
    This is your biggest disapointment.
    First of all you change the forums change without any notice in any dev notes or any form for the consumer to read.

Second 2 of the devs are leaving(Sad but it happens) but we dont even know how the game is going to be handled as thiers no official statements.(PS saw a dev is taken over the doff system, now whos taken over gozers and how will this affect your production time and QA teams time to keep content coming though.

Third.
    With PWE zen purchases it takes my money from my acct and takes up to 18 hrs too process, come on cryptic whos idea was this? your loosing people cause of sloppy business.

Fourth.
    what about staff, are you currently looking for people to fill the spots that you have decided to leave? hire straight outta college (Yeah my job does that too) it gets me 1 competent person outta 3.

Content
    Will season 7 be affected by this meaning will we not get the quality of content that we have gotten before?

will people still be evalutating STF's? and the fact the luck drop is beyond rediculous.

Are thier going to be more ranks an more story as you guys promise or is this canned since you lost 2 of your best devs.

PS. dont get me wrong I appreciate all you do but I want answers.

Last question will PVP be still revamped?

ps I have no problem spending money on your game I just want answers in a professional easy to find place.

your loyal and still spending money on doffs,
    Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • cptskeeterukcptskeeteruk Member Posts: 559 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Doubt you will get a answer, management wouldn't post in here and the devs probably either don't know or can't say.

Best bet would be to email their PR dept.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    then they can at least tell me they cant answer least they can do, I spent about 500 in last 2 months, Im easy to please all I want is some communication.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm confident we'll know more as time goes on. Often, it's best to just wait and see rather than get excited by any "official" comments on a subject only to later realize those comments were made without a clear understand of what was to come and find out they were flat out wrong.

Things definitely aren't looking good at the moment, and this PWE-ization of the game and the forums is only adding insult to injury.

On the upside hopefully we're seeing the last of the PWE changes so if the game makes it to Season 7, maybe things will start looking up.
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • mkilczewskimkilczewski Member Posts: 284
    edited June 2012
    srspells wrote: »
    First I work in Graphic design/ coding so with that outta of the way I got a long paragraph for you Devs to read. I understand you guys are owned by PWE but still I would like common decency from your business.

I WOULD LIKE A DEV TO COMMENT ON THIS.(WEATHER BAD OR GOOD)

people should be accountable for thier actions

Business Ethics
    This is your biggest disapointment.
    First of all you change the forums change without any notice in any dev notes or any form for the consumer to read.

Second 2 of the devs are leaving(Sad but it happens) but we dont even know how the game is going to be handled as thiers no official statements.(PS saw a dev is taken over the doff system, now whos taken over gozers and how will this affect your production time and QA teams time to keep content coming though.

Third.
    With PWE zen purchases it takes my money from my acct and takes up to 18 hrs too process, come on cryptic whos idea was this? your loosing people cause of sloppy business.

Fourth.
    what about staff, are you currently looking for people to fill the spots that you have decided to leave? hire straight outta college (Yeah my job does that too) it gets me 1 competent person outta 3.

Content
    Will season 7 be affected by this meaning will we not get the quality of content that we have gotten before?

will people still be evalutating STF's? and the fact the luck drop is beyond rediculous.

Are thier going to be more ranks an more story as you guys promise or is this canned since you lost 2 of your best devs.

PS. dont get me wrong I appreciate all you do but I want answers.

Last question will PVP be still revamped?

ps I have no problem spending money on your game I just want answers in a professional easy to find place.

your loyal and still spending money on doffs,
    Spells

You need to re-read the EULA.
    edited June 2012
    why is that? I havent broken any rules infact im not flaming anyone, nor am I being rude, im asking for a simple explination.
    -Spells
    || Open Door Policy ||
    | Dues Ex Mechina |
    Fleet Leader
  • mikeward1701mikeward1701 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    srspells wrote: »
    why is that? I havent broken any rules infact im not flaming anyone, nor am I being rude, im asking for a simple explination.
    -Spells

I think he means the PWE/Cryptic STO Terms of Service. Been a long while since I read that thrilling* epic, but I believe sections of it state that PWE/Cryptic can take actions without either giving prior notice, or subsequent explanation.

Disclaimer
    *Not actually that thrilling, come to think of it, Root Canal work would illicit more of an emotional response.
    Fleet Admiral Ward
    Commander, Starfleet Corps of Engineers • 7th Fleet
    Commanding Officer, U.S.S. HEART OF OAK • NX-1759-B • Odyssey class Star Cruiser ( Lexington Tactical Configuration)
    )
    (Steam - feel free to follow/friend me : )
  • eladaireeladaire Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    -Spells

He referes to this part in the EULA/TOS:
    18. Interruption of Service

(a) PWE reserves the right to interrupt the Service from time to time on a regularly scheduled basis or otherwise with or without prior notice in order to perform maintenance. You agree that PWE will not be liable for any interruption of the Service, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (b) You acknowledge that the Service may be interrupted for reasons beyond the control of PWE, and PWE cannot guarantee that you will be able to access the Services or your Account whenever you may wish to do so. PWE shall not be liable for any interruption of the Services, delay or failure to perform resulting from any causes whatsoever.
    (c) PWE has the right at any time with or without reason to change and/or eliminate any aspect(s) of the Services as it sees fit in its sole discretion.
    (d) PWE is not be obligated to refund all or any portion of any Account fee (if any), by reason of any interruption of the Services by reason of any of the circumstances described in paragraph (a) or (b).

Also the part 19 if the same document states that they indeed don't have to give notification to users on what they do.
  • retunred4goodretunred4good Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    WEATHER GOOD OR BAD

The weather is pretty bad down here in Florida. Tropical storm, ya know.
    -It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-- Mark Twain.
  • sabrevt1100sabrevt1100 Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The weather is pretty bad down here in Florida. Tropical storm, ya know.

You ain't kidding about that weather. Thinking about breaking out the aqua shuttle. Hey can we get that added to the C-Store (Oops I mean Z-Store).
    "Bite Me! It's Fun." - Crow T. Robot
  • paragon92518paragon92518 Member Posts: 268
    edited June 2012
    chusha wrote: »
    Uhm... NEVER!!

These changes to further absorb STO into Perfect World were never discussed with the STO community. I miss my STO forum name, the colors that were in my signature, and my avatar.

And the Perfect World forums don't have any soul, they're all bland, really don't seem to have any immediately obvious indication of any sort of visual difference between a forum header and sub forum. They just don't look professional and look more like a colorblind 3 year old slapped the forums on the fridge with a magnet.

To say nothing about the massive headache buying ZEN is.

A little chat with the community would have gone a long way for PW.

I just received a "YOUR Feedback is greatly appreciated" by the PWE customer support team. Hmmm... lets see. I was lied to 2x by customer support before they realized I was CORRECT, they were rude, they didn't care about how I felt (but will gladly take my $$$), had no concern to resolve my problem, and made up phantom rules as the email exchanges progressed. I guess since my horror story was swept under the carpet, that I just wasted 10 minutes of my time actually completing the feedback submission form. I'm assuming they'll just delete my feedback, or crumble it into the waste basket, only to use one by someone else who had a problem that was resolved to mask the lack of their totally incompetent support staff. By the way for anyone reading this, I once worked for a competing company in the email support/tech support department. If I was ever caught "lying" to a customer, I would have been fired on the spot, no questions asked. If anyone knows the game, it's me.

Once again, the behemoth known as PWE strikes. Whomever was in charge of linking accounts between Cryptic/PW should lose their job. how could a small "technical glitch" prevent me from successfully using my old Cryptic @handle when transferring over to PWE? (No, my @handle is not being used by anyone else), that much customer service did tell me. The technical support agent should be reprimanded for lying to me. If there was actually an ability to speak with a Supervisor or Manager, I am 100% confident my minor problem would have been addressed, and then resolved. PWE is the only company I've ever associated with that actually gets "nasty" when proven incorrect. The decision to say "NO" I feel was made when I proved Customer Service wrong. I did so in a very professional, and kind manner. Yet, I get a snubbed response for being polite.

PWE is lucky I'm a die-hard Trek fan, otherwise I would have closed my account the moment I was treated as less-than-human by the department allegedly known as: "Customer Support"
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    1) No avatars apparently archived
    2) All lowercase names
    3) Search does not work, always comes up as error
    4) Editing and then saving goes to a "invalid thread" page, but the save is implemented
    5) I really don't feel like posting other without feeling sad inside :tongue:
  • woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE are fools.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • sussethraisussethrai Member Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'll live with my new handle, although PWE probably ought to research the etymology of it. Oh, and I've been here since Open Beta and am a lifer, although the frakkin' forum doesn't acknowledge that.
    "Susse-thrai" had been the name bestowed upon her, half in anger, half in affection, by her old crew on Bloodwing; the keen-nosed, cranky, wily old she-beast, never less dangerous than when you thought her defenseless, and always growing new teeth far back in her throat to replace the old ones broken in biting out the last foe's heart.
    Romulans: left one homeworld, lost another, third time's the charm?
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sussethrai wrote: »
    I'll live with my new handle, although PWE probably ought to research the etymology of it. Oh, and I've been here since Open Beta and am a lifer, although the frakkin' forum doesn't acknowledge that.

That's not exactly a bad name. One of the greatest Rihannsu ever wore that name like a badge of pride.
    jfsig02.png
  • dkshadow9498dkshadow9498 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What a production in order to use my regular names on here!

You have to link your PWE account... fine, but I last used my PWE account centuries ago, when I used to play PerfectWorld.

1) So I forget the login and password info, no problem I'll just get the website to send me them.

2) WTH email address did I use? Oh right... a YAHOO address! (this was pre-gmail folks). WTH was my password for that? Damn, I'll have them send it to my backup email... TRIBBLE my backup email for my Yahoo address was a damn HOTMAIL address!

3) Pretend I am an 80's hacker and try all of my old passwords till one works. BINGO!

4) Reset the password on Yahoo... Check.

5) Request my login info for PWE... Check.

6) Login to PWE and reset my password and change my email to my regular Gmail. (which was the email for the cryptic account)

7) Login to Cryptic and FINALLY link my account.

8) Curse the rest of the night over spending an hour doing this....

EDIT: AWW and we lose our join dates, and post counts start at 1? damn!
    VADM William "Darkshadow" Shadow | Join Date: Apr 2009 |
    USS Immortal NX-93608-F (Oddyssey Tactical Cruiser)
    VADM Rogueshadow IRW Kirino Kosaka (Valdore Retrofit)
    LT General Morbo IKS Karac (Bortasqu War Cruiser)
    LT General Posu IKS Saya Takagi (Chel Grett Warship)
  • rogueicerogueice Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No. Your subscribed days are still tracked. I logged in to check my personal account and it shows that I?ve been subscribed for 888 Days. If you are not seeing your day count, please file a support ticket through the link in my signature.

Well, this is only partially the case that it should be shown. According to the response to my ticket:
    Your subscription shows 0 days, because it has been suspended. Should you choose to renew your subscription, the ticket will pick up where you left off at 100 days.

So I'm guessing this means that if you let your subscription lapse and go back to silver, it'll show you as "0 days" until you re-sub. Either that or it's because I let it lapse prior to the changeover so it's showing that way now. I'm not really sure on that point.
  • jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    so forums says that i joined in june 2012. i have only been here since closed beta, but never mind its not like i care that my effort in helping test/develop/support/prolong this game is being ignored... and its not like there arent other games out there that i can play...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • ltsmithltsmith Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I would like for the forums to go back the way they were, but I have been here since launch never got a beta invite =(. On the brightside with all the PWE sites similar then if the website goes down again it better be able to comeback online sooner.
  • ussmongooseussmongoose Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just posted to the forum for the first time since I had to change to PW account and I noticed that my Career Officer Tile wasn't there and my level was ensign adn mu join date was June of this year. I was with STO from the beginning what the heck is goin on???????
  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    See the shiny edit your avatar link? up there, no over there to the left.. yep, touch it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • poisonpoison Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just posted to the forum for the first time since I had to change to PW account and I noticed that my Career Officer Tile wasn't there and my level was ensign adn mu join date was June of this year. I was with STO from the beginning what the heck is goin on???????

We are the PWE, resistance is futile.

To get your Career Officer title back... http://www.crimsonspot.com/sto/stolifetime.jpg
    jfsig02.png
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    cryptic this is not cool at all. i just find out that you have to link account in other to post on the forums. why do you guys have to go linking account. am hate this idea, what next you will force us to play their games too.
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    alikain wrote: »
    cryptic this is not cool at all. i just find out that you have to link account in other to post on the forums. why do you guys have to go linking account. am hate this idea, what next you will force us to play their games too.

If you don't want to link, just create a new account to post on the forums. They're free, and PWE removed the restriction of having to have bought CP before you can post.

Creating an account just to post on the forums has the bonus of letting you chose a forum name.
    Thanks all for helping with the my question.
  • palpha2clearancepalpha2clearance Member Posts: 432 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    These forums need to be discarded and the crypfic forums need to be rolled back into these are terrivle less customization, fewer features........we lost the cryptic customizations brand. We gained a epic face plant of a forum system.

Notice: you might notice much fewer people using these very poor replacement forums, with little to no customization or ability to import our actual account setting, name and avatars. Queue the torches and pitch forks..........
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • arbitreauxarbitreaux Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    What was wrong with the old forums?

For that matter...

What was wrong with the ingame transaction system?

What you have done is to create a barrier to business. I am 100% more likely to give you money if you don't make me jump through 3 flaming hoops in order to make a c store purchase.

I, for one, am putting my purchases on hold until you correct this snafu.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    Looks like you are going to save ALOT of money in the future. Cause they ain't changing it back for STO...

I hate the new forums to, but as much as it pains me, I have to support them in this decision... Simply because it is easier to maintain one server and one system supporting 10 different sites, than 10 servers with 1 different site.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • sierrafortunesierrafortune Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited July 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    Looks like you are going to save ALOT of money in the future. Cause they ain't changing it back for STO...

I hate the new forums to, but as much as it pains me, I have to support them in this decision... Simply because it is easier to maintain one server and one system supporting 10 different sites, than 10 servers with 1 different site.

I agree, but they could have handled the changeover much better. All I can say is that thanks to Branflakes and everyone else who's working to make them awesome again.
This discussion has been closed.