Ah ha now I see.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Guess we have custom forum levels now.

Wonder what mine says....
  • alastorforthrighalastorforthrigh Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We'll someones been doing a lot of posting. I'd probably have a higher count if i'd not remerged accounts.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Fancy.

/10char
    Fancy.

/10char

Hey it fixed the colors for you lifetimers :)
  • nalonalo Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    and here I thought it was going to be a rant ;)
  • radkipradkip Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Did they change it for everyone? I didn't see anything in my account settings.

Edit: Awesome, they did.

Fanfiction! ZOMG! Read it now!
    kate-wintersbite.deviantart.com/art/0x01-Treachery-293641403
    edited June 2012
    Yeah it's nice to have a bit of a tag her in the forums to let us know we're still STO players not your everyday PWE player. Especially with some of us being gold members... hmmm... I wonder if they'll add a special title for non-lifetime members. Like Enlisted Officer.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So they know how much people love PWE :biggrin:
    edited June 2012
    Or they at least understand our need to be Unique because we are. After all STO and Champions are not like other PWE games.
    2qTOAB3.gif
  • omgajjerotomgajjerot Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yay for career officer covering it up so I don't feel encouraged to post ***** to feel a greater sense of seniority.

Though I never really did like post-counts being listed on every post you make either, it just encourages spam. If you're especially active, people will just recognize you more anyways.:wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hey it fixed the colors for you lifetimers :)

The color was never gone...? I don't know where you got that idea from.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well thats an improvement
    Live long and Prosper
    edited June 2012
    anazonda wrote: »
    The color was never gone...? I don't know where you got that idea from.

Everyone had a blue title. Now it;s just the lifetimers.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    nope. everyone had and still has a blue name. only the Career Officer title was blue, Perfect World User was white. proof you say?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zdq3EHaiw6sJ:sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php%3Fp%3D4322861+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

ask and ye shall recieve. careful when making brash statements without checking the facts.
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    nope. everyone had and still has a blue name. only the Career Officer title was blue, Perfect World User was white. proof you say?

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:zdq3EHaiw6sJ:sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php%3Fp%3D4322861+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

ask and ye shall recieve. careful when making brash statements without checking the facts.

Not sure if that was directed at me or not but 1) the link is blocked so i can;t check and 2) googlecache pulls the current css so you can;t use that as an example anyway. Images as well.

I could have sworn that all os the titles were blue. We had a thread about it just yesterday with lifetimers pointing out that they were promised a unique color for their titles.
    edited June 2012
    actually google cache uses old version. run the search yourself. meh . its how i got my old sig and avvy back

screeny or it didnt happen?

piccie
    edited June 2012
    Thank you for the pic
    eiledon wrote: »
    actually google cache uses old version

You misunderstand. Gioogle cache only caches the html content. CSS and images are live. They're not cached. It's white because it's white now. You're looking at the old page but the new CSS.

That's why when you view a cache of a downed website, it usually looks very poor because it can;t find the css.

Give me a sec and I'll fire up a proxy and provide the output.

edit: Can you provide the URL of the page that you're looking at please? Google has expired that url for me.
    edited June 2012
    i checked back images I took earlier this week and the same colors as I showed there.

from google: Google takes a snapshot of each page examined as it crawls the web and caches these as a back-up in case the original page is unavailable. If you click on the "Cached" link, you will see the web page as it looked when we indexed it. The cached content is the content Google uses to judge whether this page is a relevant match for your query.

we are gonna have to agree to disagree. i was searching google for

site:http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com eiledon

then picked a thread from 2 or 3 days ago - then preview then cached.
    edited June 2012
    I point out that I asked for a URL of the page that you were looking at. You gave me a walk through. The URL was needed as we should have been both looking at the same thing.

You're still misunderstanding. Google only caches the html of a page. The CSS is not cached. That's why it's a different color. You're looking at cached HTML but with the current CSS design. You're thinking that google saves everything as cache. It doesn't.

This is the thread though that I was thinking of where the messed up colors were being discussed: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4334091

And Google has me locked out for using your googlecache URL so I can;t check anything for a bit so I can;t grab the html to copy and paste.

Sorry that you misunderstand.

Some of us do this for a living.

edit: It's not worth the trouble. Let's just move on.
  • tenkaritenkari Member Posts: 2,906 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I point out that I asked for a URL of the page that you were looking at. You gave me a walk through. The URL was needed as we should have been both looking at the same thing.

You're still misunderstanding. Google only caches the html of a page. The CSS is not cached. That's why it's a different color. You're looking at cached HTML but with the current CSS design. You're thinking that google saves everything as cache. It doesn't.

This is the thread though that I was thinking of where the messed up colors were being discussed: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4334091

And Google has me locked out for using your googlecache URL so I can;t check anything for a bit so I can;t grab the html to copy and paste.

Sorry that you misunderstand.

Some of us do this for a living.

edit: It's not worth the trouble. Let's just move on.

the messed up colors that were being complained about were Usder name colors for everyone being blue, sintead of just the lifetime people. Not the title colors, they have always been white for non-lifers here.
  • capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yeah it's nice to have a bit of a tag her in the forums to let us know we're still STO players not your everyday PWE player. Especially with some of us being gold members... hmmm... I wonder if they'll add a special title for non-lifetime members. Like Enlisted Officer.

You realize that enlisted and officer don't go together right? The two words mark a separation in command hierarchy. Enlisted Crewman, or Commissioned Officer is what might go better, but that would require a month to month database check to see if someone had paid or not and then change the title based on current status. I don't see them bothering to do that, with lifetime it checks once then never changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • lmrtlmrt Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hi people i am just checking to see what rank i have.
    Yuxtapuestoelmono, not "Lmrt"
  • empireofsteveempireofsteve Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Lol this is different.
    NERF CANNONS - THEY NEED A 50% NERF
    CRUISERS NEED A 206% HULL BUFF
    edited June 2012
    tenkari wrote: »
    the messed up colors that were being complained about were Usder name colors for everyone being blue, sintead of just the lifetime people. Not the title colors, they have always been white for non-lifers here.

Thank you. I was starting to think I was blue/white colorblind or finally dementia had taken hold of me. Glad I am not the only one who remembers what it was like only a few hours ago.

And mike, I gave you the url i was using, and you couldnt access it so i posted my steps so you could recreate at your end using whatever method you are able to access as you were unable to use the same method to access google cache. I provided my search criteria and actions. And, Yes some of us do, do this for a living and have been doing it for the best part of the last quarter century.

Anyway I was simply trying to clarify while half asleep didn't intend for it to turn into a battle for king of the internet. so sorry if I upset you/questioned your mad skills. moving on...