What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

SIGN HERE! Change the Forums Back!

Comments

• Options
    theindefatigabletheindefatigable Member Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bad move PWE. Please fix. You should know by now how anal gamers can be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Former/Cryptic Name: Captain_Hans_Langsdorff
    Founding member, Special Service Squadron
    "Fear God and Dread Nought." First Sea Lord, Adm. Jacky Fisher
  • Options
    roacquisitionroacquisition Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE learn to listen to the people that put the money in your wallets!!!

So, no need to listen anymore... :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Join date: Jan 2010 - Original Forum Name: Rules.Of.Acquisition
  • Options
    nametakentypwenametakentypwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Bigduckie here. Account name taken. User name taken. /sigh
    Real name- Bigduckie
    Real Join date - Sept 09 I think.
    My opinion of this new site- :mad:
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I've spent hundreds on this game, and created award winning content.

All of that has stopped.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,799 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Signed.

I hate the forums the way they are now.

It has to go back to the way it was!

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • Options
    yris3yris3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

doubt it will happen but it would be so great if it would.
  • Options
    tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /SIGNED They took away so much.. and think it is OK to just walk all over us! They didn't even tell us and they also haven't posted any updates on when the new forums will be up to par with the old ones.. they just continue to keep us in the dark because they really don't give a TRIBBLE about us. no one who gives a TRIBBLE about you does stuff like this without giving you insight into what you are losing, etc.. no one that you can call a friend at least.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    In case yall havent figured it out PWE is taking full control of this game. They are just stringing Cryptic along until NWN is finished.
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    greedo42greedo42 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

There was no notice given of the change. These forums are a major step down in functionality and usability. I simply can't see myself enjoying these forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PWE Web Team is bound for Gre'Thor.....:mad:
  • Options
    powerpuffponypowerpuffpony Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This whole thing is farking lame.

Good job Cryptic / PWE in pissing off one of your most loyal and supportive customers on this forum. Even better job pissing off a customer who has spent over $1,500 on this game.

<clap> <clap> <clap>
  • Options
    wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

...nothing to add, except the old forums ^^...
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    In case yall havent figured it out PWE is taking full control of this game. They are just stringing Cryptic along until NWN is finished.

Don;t know about the stringing along but +1 on the first sentence.

We can express our annoyance all we want but it won;t change anything.
  • Options
    gammadelta2gammadelta2 Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    consider it signed
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Avatars back would be nice, but we need the report button back heh.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tfomega wrote: »
    /SIGNED They took away so much.. and think it is OK to just walk all over us! They didn't even tell us and they also haven't posted any updates on when the new forums will be up to par with the old ones.. they just continue to keep us in the dark because they really don't give a TRIBBLE about us. no one who gives a TRIBBLE about you does stuff like this without giving you insight into what you are losing, etc.. no one that you can call a friend at least.

Not just all that, but they disrespected our history, our unique identities, and our love of STAR TREK. They have shown that they do not care one ounce for the 5 years or so of tweaks that we made to the old forum, getting it to a point where everyone was happy with it...The forums used to be the ONE thing that nobody ever complained about!

They don't care about us.
    They just want our money.
    We are told to "deal with it".

real nice.
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    darkthorne70darkthorne70 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    signed... I liked theold forums
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Banning? My dear friend, there will be no banning, there will be PWE brand reeducation camps!

Its not so bad really. They go in through your nose and they let you keep the little piece of brain they cut out
    As far as having a legal name changed, that is so unappliable to this situation it is not funny

Actually it is
    You do not own your account on this game nor any content linked to it including your username

Except that, you know, several courts have said otherwise.
    If the company decides to change it they can and will, all part of the agreement you signed

Agreements mean precisely squat. You assume that because its in righting and because you 'agreed' to it that you can actually be held to it. More often than not this is not true.
    Please remember the forum rules on trolling folks

After the absurd excuses you've been making in this thread you are in no position to be saying this to anyone
    As far as online persona ownership goes, you may "own" your persona some places but when you signed up with this particular company you signed that persona over to them. For example if your name had something offensive in it they could without warning change it

If you really want to get into *that* argument: you are quite incorrect. if a name is offensive they can delete it, not edit it, according to the law. the same goes with posts. though few care to make an issue of it, it has been done. copyright law is a pain in the butt
    If my post were a troll post your logic would apply. Stating facts is not trolling

you're not stating facts, you're making excuses and then accusing others or trolling
    People are blowing this so far out of proportion

no they're not
    You clearly missed the point of my statement, it's ok. Its for future reference not their "archives". Frankly this might not have been a big deal had they just wiped the forums prior

LOL what fantasy land are you living in exactly? if you want people angry theres exactly the way to do it
    I feel like I'm in a timewarp to 2001 web forums.

2001 era forums looked and functioned much better than this one, in my experience
    Those games died very quickly, the customer is not always right. Think of the dumbest change you've ever heard a player think up, then imagine someone listening

now replace 'player' with 'people who run the company' and you'll have the situation we're in right now
    Omg lol this just backs up what I've said before, people here will overreact about anything

this is not an overreaction. nothing that was done in regards to this change over was done properly. there was no warning, no testing prior to the switchover, it was rushed, it broke a considerable number of things and its caused problems for the user base. those are all major red flags - which could have easily been avoided, that speak volumes as to the competency of the PWE team that did this
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    Not just all that, but they disrespected our history, our unique identities, and our love of STAR TREK. They have shown that they do not care one ounce for the 5 years or so of tweaks that we made to the old forum, getting it to a point where everyone was happy with it...The forums used to be the ONE thing that nobody ever complained about!

I know. It seemed so odd at the time, but there was nothing really wrong with them. They worked. Why disrupt harmony?
  • Options
    padr1nhopadr1nho Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Please bring back the old forums
  • Options
    utioutio Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wow, bout 200 sign ups so far, doing well!
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    Captains,

Unfortunately, the forums are not going to be changing back.:frown: BUT! We are actively working on getting back/ adding in whatever past functionality we can, when we can.

I am actively watching this thread and asking our Web Team to work on items when they can. While only 4 have been fixed/ are working, we'll get to more over the coming weeks. Some of the items on that list are not going to be able to be re-implemented/ added, and I'll note those when I know for sure.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thanks bran, is our old custom avatars out of the question or is that a pipe dream on my part?

it just hard to loose options like we have with these new forums bro, thanks for trying to help us out
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwebranflakespwebranflakes Member Posts: 7,741
    edited June 2012
    thanks bran, is our old custom avatars out of the question or is that a pipe dream on my part?

it just hard to loose options like we have with these new forums bro, thanks for trying to help us out

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=4370921#post4370921 :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
  • Options
    tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thanks again you have given me hope :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hereby boycott this abomination.

*hashtagfirstworldproblems*
    <3
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2012

Tbh, I myself, the only thing I want back is custom avatars, then I'm happy.
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    adampdreschadampdresch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just can't understand how they got it so wrong?

I mean the theme is awful, the buttons don't match and there's a huge amount of wasted space.

I've run a Vbulletin forum for some 8 years, from 2.0 right up to 3.8.7 and will soon be migrating to the 4.X edition.

I have no CSS/Html experience myself but was able to convert my 3.0 style to 4.X, eg:

VB3: http://www.dresch.co.uk/vb3.jpg
    VB4: http://www.dresch.co.uk/vb4.jpg

So it makes me wonder why this replacement forum wasn't ready before people were shipped here.

And if it was an upgrade to a newer edition of VB, why was anything lost?
  • Options
    mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And if it was an upgrade to a newer edition of VB, why was anything lost?

I was going to comment that was a down grade because we've discussed it before but the older forums were running vBulletin 3.6.8 while we're running vBulletin 3.7.1 now.
  • Options
    leviathan99#2867 leviathan99 Member Posts: 7,747 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Captains,

Unfortunately, the forums are not going to be changing back.:frown: BUT! We are actively working on getting back/ adding in whatever past functionality we can, when we can.

I am actively watching this thread and asking our Web Team to work on items when they can. While only 4 have been fixed/ are working, we'll get to more over the coming weeks. Some of the items on that list are not going to be able to be re-implemented/ added, and I'll note those when I know for sure.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

I'm curious. Custom avatars are apparently out for now...

What about the idea of something that lets us use our Captain portraits from the old Captain's database?

Is that the kind of functionality that would be possible? I'd love a WoW armory style implementation.

Maybe even setup so that we can use our characters as part of a custom posting name?

You have it so that we can be "Career Officer" which is a non-standard feature.

I'd dig it if we could display "Character@username" along with our PWE name. That would have all the relevant info.

Our posting handle would still be our PWE name but displaying a character portrait along with their "Character@username" would let us have a bit more of the old personality.
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Im a bit puzzled by some of you. If you have those disgusting Borg parts showing on your ship, then you have no business complaining about the last step of assimilation to the Borg collective. For those who have kept their starships pure, WE are the ones who shed a tear over our grayed out faces. The rest of you embraced assimilation long ago. :tongue:
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader