test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SIGN HERE! Change the Forums Back!

pwridiotspwridiots Member Posts: 58 Arc User
This will be my first and last post on PW's epic fail forum.

1) There was NOTHING wrong with the way it was.

2) You've now offended many of the people who pay for your entire company:
- you've taken away what they've spent literally years on
- you've taken away the pride they had in their avatars, signatures, join dates

3) Now most of us can't get our original forum names.

All because you had to have a different layout with your advertisements to get in our way.

There are plenty of public forums out there. I for one have my fleet's forum.

I don't need this one at all.

I hereby boycott this abomination. At least until I and everyone else get their names back.
Post edited by pwridiots on

Comments

• duaths1duaths1 Member Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i kinda would have loved to have my join date back..
    and AVATAR!

name change is also annoying, i managed with an 1 at the end
  • neoakiraiineoakiraii Member Posts: 7,468 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    oh well not a big deal you wont be missed
    GwaoHAD.png
  • dassemstodassemsto Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    This is the biggest piece of [insert profanity of choise] to hit STO in a loooong time! Replacing a fully functioning forum with this TRIBBLE...

Bad things about new forum:
    - Can not set custom avatar
    - Can not keep old username
    - Can not access old threads
    - Can not edit old threads
    - Limited customizing for signature
    - Crappy looking screen UI
    - All old subscriptions gone
    - Does not auto-subscribe threads you create.
    - Cursor not visible in empty lines of the reply box
    - unintuitive messy layout
    - Dev tracker not working
    - join date reset
    - no in-game mail access

Good things about the new forum/webpage:
    - ???
    - Can not buy c-points
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I kept the same name and signature (slightly smaller now). The only think I'd don't like is the loss of custom avatars. The rest will be forgotten about by next month.
  • seldrinseldrin Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    While I agree with you about these new forums are horribad, boycotting them may be what they want. No one complaining on the forums gives the illusion they are doing a good job. So really the only way at this point is to hit them in the pocket book.

I had faith restored slightly recently with Cryptic only to have PWE come and trash the place. Too bad Cryptic couldn't find a nice "Western" buyer. Sorry Cryptic, PWE is gonna shoot you guys in the foot. Repeatedly. :(
    Vel'Drin (AKA Romulan Dukat)
    R.R.W. Novus Legatum - Romulan Republic (Fed Aligned)
    Original Join Forum Date: August 2008
  • goltzhargoltzhar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Agrees with OP...
  • nikodemosthemannikodemostheman Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    PWE forums are scheite, it deserves to be boycotted.
    This will be my first and last post on these terrible forums.
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Boycotting the forum won't work. What could work would be subscription cancelling / boycotting the c-store orthe zen stuff. They don't care about words, but they do about money. Believe me, they would care A LOT even if it was only 100 gold accounts subscriptions cancelled. :biggrin:
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • percyfawcettpercyfawcett Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Boycotting the forum won't work. What could work would be subscription cancelling / boycotting the c-store orthe zen stuff. They don't care about words, but they do about money. Believe me, they would care A LOT even if it was only 100 gold accounts subscriptions cancelled. :biggrin:

No.

They'd barely notice 100 golds cancelling.

The real money is in keys for lockboxes now.
    @lucifer.baphomet in game, and on the NPW forums
  • wdhardingwdharding Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Looks very neat and tidy to me but I'm add like that :)
  • atrus19atrus19 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Here are a few reasons why you should /sign this petition to change the forums back to the way they were and never touch it again:

1) The aesthetics are terribad, Seriously the buttons look like something from the 90s. Doesn't look treky at all, the way it did before.

2) No custom avatars, F*** you PWE. I want Bones back!

3) They copied all the old posts but not the meta-data. Real stupid there, and it isn't even that hard to do.

4) I expected Linking my account to mean I could still be known as Demosthenes01101, not this ****ty TRIBBLE name I made up when I tried their ****ty game Forsaken World that one time a while ago.

5) Nothing is clear, everything is obtuse.

6) I don't care about zen. I don't want zen. I want coins with giant Cs on them, I will NEVER, you hear me PWE? NEVER buy zen, so get that **** off my screen.

7) If I so much as SMELL cross promotions while im in the actual game client, you can kiss my money permanently goodbye.

8) You didn't ask US the PLAYERS if we wanted this. I'm making an assumption here, and maybe I am wrong, but most of us probably hate your stupid changes. You just DECIDED like a day ago, that this was happening. Some OCD PWE exec just couldn't TAKE the thought that this website had it's own identity. I really wish I could trip that guy on a cement sidewalk.

9) Try to submit a ticket, but the function is 'disabled by administrator.' Yeah, I bet that's NEVER getting turned back on. Seriously worst people ever. Can we get a private server going? So we can leave PWE forever?

In sum: Change it back, because your way is terribad.

Sign if you agree. If you don't agree, please enjoy the crappy forums.

- Demosthenes01101, from the REAL Star Trek Online forums!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

"You have been, and always shall be, my friend."
    - Pointy-eared, green blooded, hobgoblin

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
    - Sherlock Holmes
  • njdmb30njdmb30 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Doesn't mean they'll actually listen. If the last year and a half has taught us anything, it's that they don't give a **** as long as their internal figures show they're making a profit.
    I understand change is hard for people I really do.

There is nothing "wrong" with Perfect Worlds forums. People just need to learn to adapt. Carrying on and making all sorts of grand gestures like "unsubscribing" or "boycotting" or "leaving the game forever" is nothing more than a childish whine for attention because you [generalized statement not targeting anyone directly] didn't like a change.

News flash!

Change is an unavoidable factor in life. The game is not about the forums (although some might disagree). By and large a lot of players use the forums for the wrong reasons. Forums were designed for topic orientated civil group discussions. Forums are not a whine soapbox. Forums are not the way to be heard. That is what direct contact to customer support is for. Sure it feels good to get things off your chest at times, however many of the claims players make on the forums are just laughable.

If you quit, nobody is going to miss you. Nobody is going to see that and be like "my GOD 'X' was right, the new forums completely ruined the [game]". Last I checked the forums are just a public area for players to meet outside the game and swap ideas. Albeit they are 75% complaints that rarely if ever get read because people fail to grasp the concept of probability or the fact that a business is entitled to release what they want how they want.

If you are truly unhappy with the forums bear in mind that posting on them is completely voluntary and not necessary. The game has far more players and subscribers than the majority of the people who post on the forums think. I mean if the KDF make up a very minor fraction of the playerbase just imagine the ratio of active forum posters - players is.

All in all this change is for the better as it streamlines processes for the parent company [Perfect World] and means less they have to do in-between releasing content and expanding the game that we are all here for and love. It's not like this is a big surprise to people that think, everything needed merged at some point. Just grin, bear it, and wait for the dust to settle.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I truly lacked empathy or a conscience I would not take time out of my day to help someone who had a less fortunate education than myself correct their gross misunderstanding of words in the English language.
  • caliban149caliban149 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /Signed

/This will achieve naff all, we wanted the calender back too remember . . .
  • stealthymcthiefstealthymcthief Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Your new Chinese overlords disapprove of petitions, they will send you to one of their reeducation camps. Also it's against the Forum rules. But it's mostly the Chinese thing. This is among other things why I hate Asian MMO companies.
  • hippiejonhippiejon Member Posts: 1,581 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Sure. I'll add my voice to the chorus of the discontent.
    You realize of course that a "petition" on the forums won't do anything.
    But , maybe if they realize that the first pages of many sub-forums are becoming full with nothing but complaints about this change ....

Go ahead , Mods. Go ahead. Combine all the threads that should be combined.
    I do not envy you the next week of doing nothing but that.
    edited June 2012
    Yeah, I know all of these things. It is still cathartic to SAY it, and have people agree with me.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
    - Sherlock Holmes
  • vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Not like they will listen, why would they, they havent done thus far
    edited June 2012
    vonbon wrote: »
    /signed

Not like they will listen, why would they, they havent done thus far

If anything I was able to deduct from interacting with Chinese people in other MMOs they can't really listen to us since they speak broken english at best. But they are always very, very friendly, calling me friend or sir or something along those lines, even though I never buy their stolen gold.
  • torayerkirtorayerkir Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

There were a lot of us who wanted the calendar back as previously mentioned. While we're pretty much the vocal minority for this one. I have to agree. And forcing old players to link their accounts to be able to speak on the forums or do something on the site is one horrible move.
  • vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Nothing wrong with change, but theres plenty wrong when its
    A) forced upon with only a very very brief warning
    B) A Change that really wasnt needed Nor wanted
    C) Changes alot of things people didnt want changing
    D) Angers the very people your trying to get to use.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    atrus19 wrote: »
    3) They copied all the old posts but not the meta-data. Real stupid there, and it isn't even that hard to do.

As much as it pains me to defend these folks, may I ask how many forum import you've done over the years? If I'm lucky, I only do 2 or 3 a month. I have never had one go right.
    atrus19 wrote: »
    8) You didn't ask US the PLAYERS if we wanted this. I'm making an assumption here, and maybe I am wrong, but most of us probably hate your stupid changes. You just DECIDED like a day ago, that this was happening. Some OCD PWE exec just couldn't TAKE the thought that this website had it's own identity. I really wish I could trip that guy on a cement sidewalk.

This is something that's bugging me. We've known that this has been coming for months. We've known that they were going to merge the forums together. The only thing that was new about this is we were never told when it was actually going to happen though.

I agree with you that the forums are shoddy and the changeover didn't go well but I do hope we can get the facts right.
    edited June 2012
    You still have the option of not merging and just creating a dummy account. They're free.
    edited June 2012
    As much as it pains me to defend these folks, may I ask how many forum import you've done over the years? If I'm lucky, I only do 2 or 3 a month. I have never had one go right.

Enough to know that meta-data should be taken along with it, and to not do so is lazy as hell.

This is something that's bugging me. We've known that this has been coming for months. We've known that they were going to merge the forums together. The only thing that was new about this is we were never told when it was actually going to happen though.

I agree with you that the forums are shoddy and the changeover didn't go well but I do hope we can get the facts right.

We have known nothing for months! We have know generic statements that have no specificity. You can't fight against a vague fog, which is exactly why they did it that way! Rhetoric aside. The problem is: Fixing what isn't broken, and in the process breaking it, making it worse, and ignoring player choice.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

- Sherlock Holmes
  • diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    There is no problem with change when it's for something better. Could you tell me how better this is for us ? We lost many features, some lost something they used to like (avatar, join date, etc).

I'm ok with change, but it has to be justified by real improvements. And there isn't much improvement, unless you consider scamming offers for the nigerian lottery an improvement. :biggrin:

And go tell people who stop buying a specific food they like from someone because the reciepe changed they are childich. Would you dare to ?

Don't consider change as religion, it's something thay may occur but we do not need to tolerate it when something worse (and unneeded) comes.
    Lenny Barre, lvl 60 DC. 18k.
    God, lvl 60 CW. 17k.
  • maelwy5maelwy5 Member Posts: 593 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    outllaw wrote: »
    There is nothing "wrong" with Perfect Worlds forums. People just need to learn to adapt.
    [snipped]
    All in all this change is for the better as it ... [snipped]
    Just grin, bear it, and wait for the dust to settle.

You will adapt.
    Resistance is futile.
    Embrace the change.
    We are PWE.
    We are Borg.
    [ <<<--- @Maelwys --->>> ]
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You still have the option of not merging and just creating a dummy account. They're free.

And not being able to post on the forums? What's the point then? I didn't put information threads on the forums so I couldn't update.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • mikewendellmikewendell Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The real money is in keys for lockboxes now.

it's funny that you mention that as we have someone (a gold farmer maybe) dumping keys on the exchange at 750k ecs.

A very large number of them.
  • outllawoutllaw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    vonbon wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with change, but theres plenty wrong when its
    A) forced upon with only a very very brief warning
    B) A Change that really wasnt needed Nor wanted
    C) Changes alot of things people didnt want changing
    D) Angers the very people your trying to get to use.

A) This could have been handled by players themselves 6+ months ago, thus the price for procrastination.
    B) The parent company deemed the change was necessary, that is their call not the playerbases. Desire for the change is irrelevant.
    C) The design conforms to the ideals of the company that owns the property. Player usage as always is optional.
    D) Upsetting a very minor portion of their client base is an acceptable risk and has very little overall impact on the usage of their product.

Losing a small image on the left side of the screen or tacking a single digit to the end of a digital username is not a violation of your identity. Frankly everyone could be numbered without a name and it would have very little overall effect on things. Your ingame character did not lose their identity, your ability to continue playing as your character is unimpeded. This is largely a fuss over nothing. People need to realize the bigger picture and stop feeling slighted over the smallest of changes on a supplimentary service to the game they play.

Also bear in mind, this is day one of the new changes. There may be more implemented, and the benefits of the change have not had time to reveal themselves. All thing in due time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    If I truly lacked empathy or a conscience I would not take time out of my day to help someone who had a less fortunate education than myself correct their gross misunderstanding of words in the English language.
    edited June 2012
    Well your name will change anyway so you can just use your new PWE dummy account to post. It's not like you weren't free to pick that name and people at this stage still have to take your word for it that the new you is the old you. I don't get what the problem is.