Install Arc
Options

SIGN HERE! Change the Forums Back!

Comments

• Options
    wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well and truely signed here!!

The new forums are nothing short of a joke, a disgrace and a slap in the face. A one armed, semi TRIBBLE half blind monkey could have done a better job on the buttons, and as for not being able to change a user name? Yeah thats just lazy and BS. any forum admin section has the ability to do that, not from user side fo course, but it's still there. Avatars gone, now we have default TRIBBLE-fest avatars, membership status, join dates, all gone...

Signed, signed and resigned.... :mad:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Where the hell did my avatar go? D:<

/Sign
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Where the hell did my avatar go? D:<

/Sign

..the way of the Doo-Doo... PWE doesn't allow custom avatars on Their forums. :frown:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    gimpelinegimpeline Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed
    Downgrading to PWE standard is not a good thing
  • Options
    adufauxadufaux Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I understand that the eventual linking of accounts would be non-voluntary, so why the need for someone 1 hour ago to steal your username? Our unique usernames are our identities on the forums. I read a post earlier, and The Grand Nagus' name was taken apparently by someone who logged in earlier, thus rendering the original user to put a signature banner with his old avatar and username.

While my complaint is the appropriate caps - ADufaux, instead of the current adufaux on PW, it's a disrespect to me because it's not correct. The pronunciation goes out the window, and it may seem a small issue, but for me, it is a personal one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    /sign

I am a big fan of Cryptic Studios, however I will not be using real money to purchase anything in-game anymore until things are changed.

I am taking a stand against blatant disrespect towards pre-f2p players.

Shame on you for dumping this on us without telling us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    robertcrayvenrobertcrayven Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    daveyny wrote: »
    ..the way of the Doo-Doo... PWE doesn't allow custom avatars on Their forums. :frown:

I hope the doo doo you're referring to was flushed, as opposed to being left in a flaming bag on someone's front porch. It's the only way comparing removal of a forum feature to where dook goes makes any sense. :tongue:
  • Options
    sollafsollaf Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

This is the worst thing PWE has done by far. And I say PWE because I can't believe the DEV team would allow this willing, despite what PR may say.

I want my avatar, join date, and uniqueness that came with having a different forum color back.:mad:
    Sollaf: Join date Sep 2009, Lifer. Disgruntled with the JHSS, my Bug feels less shiny now.
  • Options
    starkymanstarkyman Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed i want it back the way it was...
  • Options
    mgazermgazer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed

Changing the look is fine. I don't personally like it but fine whatever. Loss of functionality is a downgrade plain and simple. There's no good reason to take away functionality. :frown:

Looking at the Neverwinter forums they went through the same thing we are here at STO. Checking out the forum dates looks like they did that around May 1st or so. No custom avatars, dev tracker not working, all the things we don't like here have been enforced there for over a month and not changed.

They aren't going to change anything. At least not without a huge fight from us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    agreed....

Restore functionality at least....and names....and post count.....and avatar..... in fact restore old forum.
    Original Forum Info
    Name: Peewee28
  • Options
    greedo42greedo42 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am a happy to sign any petition against the forum change in particular or PWE in general.

Its nice how a day later, NOTHING is resolved, NOTHING is fixed and NO Explanation has been given for why this change was foisted on the community overnight with no warning at all.....

What the Feck Cryptic? (Am I allowed to say 'feck'? what about saying what utter ****e the forums are? I guess I can since there aren't any rules and even if there were, they forgot to add a report post button....)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]PWE Web Team is bound for Gre'Thor.....:mad:
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    We aren't happy. We weren't even given a heads up on this new change.

Listen to us as a community. We can easily sign off, and wait for the next Star Trek MMO. It may take a few years, but we will still be here.

Fix this.

-ADufaux
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2012
    I've only just joined the forums, but I spent ages reading them, they are now bloody confusing :mad:.
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    nx420nx420 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Meh ...

Forum Names ... I was never really comfortable with my account ID hanging out there as a forum name. I've been TRIBBLE in another game by someone collecting account ID's from a user forum and brute forcing the passwords.

Custom avatars ... I agree with you folks on this one ... That's where your forum identity really lies. When one is scrolling through posts it is the avatar that identifies the poster more so than the actual name. I'm in advertising and the logo is more important than the name ... and there were/are many that showed creativity and humour.

Archiving old posts ... sad to see those go ... I had some really good troll posts on there.

This game is unique in that there are really two distinct subsets of players; Trek fans and gamers. As a game there's not much in STO to keep gamers around for very long, it really is a sub-standard game. I place myself in the gamer catagory and I wouldn't pay money for STO. It is the Trek fans that are keeping this game on it's life support, no disrespect intended, I admire your zeal.

But I digress, gamers are familiar with the business practices of Chinese MMO companies. It's ONLY about the money. If STO doesn't make a large enough profit, PWE will sell it off or shut it down. They won't ask for your opinion, a gaming community is a spreadsheet to them. You're not going to get the old forums back. Your focus and time would be better spent on in-game playability issues where Cryptic has at least some modicum of control.

What worries me most is that a Chinese MMO company now has my email address ... let the spam begin!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    utioutio Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Omg lol this just backs up what I've said before, people here will overreact about anything.
    If everyone hates it so much don't use it?
    And they will not change it back because of a petition, I promise you that.

Edit.. May have sounded a bit harsh, I have a habit of being blunt, no offence to you. You have every right to say how you feel and I respect that.
  • Options
    lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    utio wrote: »
    Omg lol this just backs up what I've said before, people here will overreact about anything.
    If everyone hates it so much don't use it?
    And they will not change it back because of a petition, I promise you that.

Edit.. May have sounded a bit harsh, I have a habit of being blunt, no offence to you. You have every right to say how you feel and I respect that.

You know what they say:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • Options
    mazikenmaziken Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Signed.

These new forums are just terrible. The layout is ugly, can't edit previous (archived) posts, a lot of other things seem broken as well.
  • Options
    venetar90venetar90 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /signed. Hate the new forums.
    [/SIGPIC][SIGPIC]
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I agree, this new forum sucks.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Yes agreed, give us our old forum(s) back, at least in format / layout / functionality.

Spent some time on the CO forums yesterday... a lot of terrified/angry individuals as they learned the details of our predicament and what will inevitably be their own fate.

Give the CO forum(s) a visit. It will either enrage you further or bring a tear to your eye.
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    stargate525stargate525 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh God yes. Signed. Forever signed. I've seen better board layouts in the 1990s.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Give the CO forum(s) a visit. It will either enrage you further or bring a tear to your eye.

Well, yeah, for now. But they're next, I'm sure.
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    diotwdiotw Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What on earth happened? I go away for a short vacation, and when I get back the forums have been all messed up! o.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    This character is why I don't play my Romulan any more. Tovan Khev is NOT my BFF! Get him off my bridge!
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't understand the hate of the new forums, other then not having a custom Avatars I don't see anything wrong with them.

Also I have a feeling PWE made them change it, so its not up to cryptic.
  • Options
    dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    diogene0 wrote: »
    Boycotting the forum won't work. What could work would be subscription cancelling / boycotting the c-store orthe zen stuff. They don't care about words, but they do about money. Believe me, they would care A LOT even if it was only 100 gold accounts subscriptions cancelled. :biggrin:
    No.

They'd barely notice 100 golds cancelling.

The real money is in keys for lockboxes now.

Boycotting the entire game... :P

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • Options
    talgeezetalgeeze Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was about to buy lifetime. Fortunately, they made the forum/websites changes a few days before I bought it.
    Now, I've canceled my sub, and won't probably ever again buy CP (well, they removed my credit card from the ingame CP buy option, so I can't do it anymore IG).
  • Options
    woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We have been tweaking the forums bit by bit since 2008, and over the years with all those little tweaks, the mods have gotten the forum just the way we want it. The forums were the ONE thing that nobody ever complained about!!

ALL OF THAT WAS DISRESPECTED.

IF IT WORKS, PW,

DON'T FIX IT!!
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • Options
    baelturathbaelturath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just when I thought that it couldn't get any worse with STO Cryptic and PWE teach me something new. Why the heck did they need to completely **** up the forums? WHYYYYY???????

Please, could someone beat the webdesigner responsible for this steaming piece of **** and his manager to death with their own keyboards? People like that shouldn't be allowed to ever work on a website again. >.>

Why the **** does this forum waste 3/4 of my monitor with absolutely useless TRIBBLE (like a header that suffers from a really freakish case of gigantism)?!

http://i50.tinypic.com/1563i54.jpg

Really, FU PWE. The forums were the last thing that made me check back now and then, but I'm really not masochistic enough to deal with this. Everything PWE touches turns to **** not soon afterwards. -.-
  • Options
    elvisqshatnerelvisqshatner Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm all for keeping an open mind about improving things, but there's no visible improvements... only impediments.

If things are supposed to improve, then a lousy job is being done as far as communicating about it. A heads-up would have been really appreciated but PWE didn't bother.

No way did they not know that they'd get flamed over this... odds are they simply don't care. Would they care everyone stayed away from STO for a week or two, maybe??? :mad::mad::mad:

Signed!!!