test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

SIGN HERE! Change the Forums Back!

Comments

• adampdreschadampdresch Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I was going to comment that was a down grade because we've discussed it before but the older forums were running vBulletin 3.6.8 while we're running vBulletin 3.7.1 now.

I Was going to say, they've "upgraded" from an end of life and unsupported product, to another end of life/unsupported product? Wow

I know perfect world is greedy and cheap, but lol, that's awful.

3.7 was end of life ages ago, even 3.8 was made end of life recently, the only supported version is 4.X and they chose to "upgrade" to 3.7?

I'm stunned, really I am

They couldn't afford a $180 license for new forum software? :rolleyes:
  • woghdwoghd Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well this officially does the end for my forum browsing here. The 'skin' is awful(broken/ugly imgaes, bad colors), there are spelling/grammar mistakes everywhere, addition of post counter(yea for incoming 'noob with only x posts')...just so much wrong..

Did this even get tested in a closed environment? How can a 'triple A mmo company' launch a website(or redesign in this case) without even FINISHING it. Why are there default graphics...I feel like I'm on a fansite with someone who just dumped in a few star trek images...absolute amateur.

I agree completely. This is such a major mess, and a complete disregard for the wants and needs of the people who use the forums.

It took us years to tweak the forum to where everyone was pretty happy with it. The forums were the ONE thing that nobody ever complained about!

IF IT WORKS DON'T FIX IT!!
    [SIGPIC]HTTP://RABIDPANDARANCH.COM/images/grazcity.png[/SIGPIC]

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: CHANGE THE FORUMS BACK !!!
  • malesimmalesim Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    The changes stinks and they should turn the clock back not one but two versions of the forum.

The one with working character info system, with the online friends list, in-game mail access.
    edited June 2012
    Nah eventually this thread will die because people get tired of listening to the ranting, and in the end it's just EASIER to let PWE walk all over everybody, and since PWE knows that, the game, and everyone in it, is screwed.

• zachverantzachverant Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sign me up, these new forums are bush league compared to what we had...

Having issues with my signature taking hold...grrrrr...:mad:
    "Sips her PWE Koolaide and looks at alllll the goodies in the Z store"
    Badname Betty (PvP...PvE...STF...Trophy Hunter...Latnium Collector...Federation)
    Commander Morgana (PvP...PvE...STF...KDF)
    1000 day vet and LTS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] STO Join date: 7 Feb 2010
  • spytrxspytrx Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Agree with many of the poster here - this forum is TRIBBLE now - I will not post here anymore

fair enough it is your forum and you can do with it as you please - but it is me and people like me that bring the forum to life...

And just to show how serious this matter is to me I have cancelled my gold membership - you let me know when you want me back, ok? :wink:
  • sumghaisumghai Member Posts: 1,072 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I usually don't do internet petitions due to my personal distaste for "slacktivism"...

...but you have my vote.
    Laws of thermodynamics as applied to life: 0 - You must play the game. 1 - You can't win. 2 - You can't break even. 3 - You can't quit.
  • akalayusakalayus Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I use to visit the forums, but now that it's different, I don't think I will.

Please Cryptic, change them back!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lucianazetalucianazeta Member Posts: 740 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    akalayus wrote: »
    I use to visit the forums, but now that it's different, I don't think I will.

Please Cryptic, change them back!

I used to visit the forums, then I took this new design in my eyes..
    STO%20Sig.png~original
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    in the end it's just EASIER to let PWE walk all over everybody, and since PWE knows that, the game, and everyone in it, is screwed.

I will never submit.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • dennisdkesdennisdkes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /Signed

I have played COH / COV, I have life time on STO and CO, and i was planing on getting DDO when you get it finished, i now think i will awoid all Cryptic / PW products.

signed a very angry ex-cryptic surporter
  • troubiltroubil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    DEFINITLY think this new forum that Perfect World has made Cryptic switch to is TRIBBLE. It looks so much cheezier than Cryptic's STO forum.

I also don't like I had to change my user name, though I can understand why. It still doesn't mean I like it.
    Member of the Blacksheep
    "Who's interfering? We're... taking over." :cool: -Captain James T. Kirk (A Piece of the Action)
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I actually don't mind the layout of the new forums so much...the only parts I hate are the generic avatars (which look nice but don't help distinguish us at all), the ugly-looking buttons (they look like they come right from Microsoft Word!) and the fact that email notification doesn't work (I can live with that, but still a major inconvenience).

Oh, and our signatures don't support BB code. That just plain sucks.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • commanderkassycommanderkassy Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    These forums suck so much it isn't even funny, and being forced to change my name is lol.

Way to fail hard PW. I had a bad feeling this was coming.
    ♪ I'm going around not in circles but in spirographs.
    It's pretty much this hard to keep just one timeline intact. ♪
    edited June 2012
    Signed a million times!

edited June 2012
    pwridiots wrote: »
    This will be my first and last post on PW's epic fail forum.

1) There was NOTHING wrong with the way it was.

2) You've now offended many of the people who pay for your entire company:
    - you've taken away what they've spent literally years on
    - you've taken away the pride they had in their avatars, signatures, join dates

3) Now most of us can't get our original forum names.

All because you had to have a different layout with your advertisements to get in our way.

There are plenty of public forums out there. I for one have my fleet's forum.

I don't need this one at all.

I hereby boycott this abomination. At least until I and everyone else get their names back.
    :mad: Well I see PWE is doing everything they can to kill STO with the latest round of changes they are making.

This forum change is another attempt to anger THEIR PAYING CUSTOMERS and get them to quit the game.

So PWE can say that they have lost money and shut the game down. Just like their parent company PWI does to every game they lose money on (this is a known fact just google it)

I PAID for certain things with my LIFETIME SUB and now most of them perks are being striped away by the changes being made. Every other mmo out their allows their PAYING CUSTOMERS some freedoms on the forums (like personalized avatars and signatures) But now our individuality has been striped away and the community changed to a bland reflection of what it once was.

What's next?

Really whats?

Banning players for speaking out against this horrible change....
    /signed.

We have to get a PWE account to access the forums. WTF?

I can't use my Cryptic account to post. WTF?

The forums look horrible now. WTF?

BB code doesn't work in signatures. WTF?

My avatar is gone. WTF?

I will never buy Zen...especially with all these mega-ugly advertisements harassing me everywhere I go.

I've been defending Cryptic and PWE since I got here. That changes today.
    tfomega wrote: »
    /SIGNED They took away so much.. and think it is OK to just walk all over us! They didn't even tell us and they also haven't posted any updates on when the new forums will be up to par with the old ones.. they just continue to keep us in the dark because they really don't give a TRIBBLE about us. no one who gives a TRIBBLE about you does stuff like this without giving you insight into what you are losing, etc.. no one that you can call a friend at least.

Not just all that, but they disrespected our history, our unique identities, and our love of STAR TREK. They have shown that they do not care one ounce for the 5 years or so of tweaks that we made to the old forum, getting it to a point where everyone was happy with it...The forums used to be the ONE thing that nobody ever complained about!

They don't care about us.
    They just want our money.
    We are told to "deal with it".

Well we can "deal with it" by continuing to sign this petition. No it's not going to be recognized by PWE, they don't care! But by keeping it visible, it will serve as a reminder for anyone who might get funny ideas that PWE actually cares about Star trek or it's fans.

• gpgtxgpgtx Member Posts: 1,579 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    signed

having only 10 avatars makes it almost impossible to keep track of who is posting as they all just blend together now
    victoriasig_zps23c45368.jpg
  • ussmongooseussmongoose Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    What you expect from a Commard Company!!!!!!!! And to think I made the mistake for going lifer after being here since open beta. Can kick myself in the butt. One last point welcome to a company that thinks like their country. It's all about them and not about the people.
  • hermanator1918hermanator1918 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I just want the Avatars back...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    / signed 100%
    edited June 2012
    I just want our histories, join dates, avatars, and 6 years of forum tweaks back.

• hasukurobihasukurobi Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /Singed ... Nothing more to say.
  • commodorerookcommodorerook Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    While I kind of like the new look, the ease of the old ones were better, not to mention the lack of personal avatars and having to take one of a handful generic ones now is a downer. I will //sign too!

(BTW, how can you tell if your accounts are linked now? It took me over 20 minutes to link them this morning and not sure it was successful. is the mere fact I am able to post now a sign it did work? And when do we get the perk package for doing it?)
    edited June 2012
    I never got any perk package

• nyiadnyiad Member Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    woghd wrote: »
    I never got any perk package

In-game go to the soon to be Zen-Store and go under the random items portion. You'll see the reward for 1 account. A random skill coin for when level cap is raised....batteries...and that's it pretty much. You know, useless.
  • jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Please for the love of god, change the forums back so we don't have to look at Will Wheaton's screwed up face anymore :p
  • alikainalikain Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    cryptic what is the mean of this! why why do this to us? what next force us to play PW games too. you didn't even bother to send out emails informing us abut the change. i have come back from a business trip to find out that i have to link my account with PW. what are you guys try to do force us to quite the game or what.:mad:
    "You ask why we give our ships computer normal emotions. Do you really want a warship incapable of loyalty?"
  • covenantercovenanter Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /sign
    Change back thanks
    [SIGPIC]http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=91882713000&dateline=1367507471[/SIGPIC]
    Fed Random-Sci Monte-Eng Monte Banks-Tac
    Klingon Warfarin-Sci Gamble-Tac
  • arkatrixarkatrix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    /Signed

Not that this will actually do anything because I am pretty sure no one PWE side actually gives a flying monkey's a***; but at least I'll add another discontented voice to the numbers.

Lost my ID/Account name & join date. The forum is really confusing & ugly too in my opinion. STO lacks it's personally now & just looks like a PWE clone. The forum is super hard to navigate. I understand merging for streamlining sake but at least make sure people who have had accounts for 2 years + don't have to change their names all of a sudden!!! That's just stupid!!! Good for those who were lucky but a lot of us also weren't!!!

:mad::mad::mad: