test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Really Pathetic

xtendacomxtendacom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
before i could very simply buy points and the whole process was painless, now you force us to buy zen after the website change i buy $50 and i get a message saying my money is being refunded.

Really how stupid.
Post edited by xtendacom on

Comments

• defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Download Steam, add STO which is free via Steam. You can skip the download for STO on Steam by only letting it download for a few seconds to create folders then copy your existing STO file to your Steam directory where the new STO files are created. After that run an integrity check to verify the files are right and let it fix any errors that may have popped up.

I know it's an awkward work around but you will be able to launch STO via Steam and use the Steam wallet to buy C-Points instead of having to use Zen. If you hate Steam there's no need to run STO via Steam unless you want to use the wallet but that means needing two seperate installs of STO, one Steam, one normal.
    Thanks, Not impressed with perfect world at all, last week it was great buy on the star Trek online website those set amounts instantly, no issues. Suddenly they force you to use Zen i dont even get an email explaining why they refunded.

Bad service, rather no service. i mean what the hell even Paypal seems to be no good these days.
  • moody83moody83 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    i would even recommend steam to all users.
    You can buy c store points with your steam wallet.
    If i buy them on this site i get taxed so i pay more then i get.
    On steam however there is no tax and you can recharge it ingame.

You can also buy other games :D
    Perfectworld:
    My wallet has just put you on indefinite probation!!!!
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    pwe used to absorb the cost of vat for european customers, apparently at some point the law changed and they were pulled up for it and so we now pay vat. if steam are offering this with no vat, good for them for absorbing that fee for users. of course they may presuming all their customers are US based. other than this vat or purchase tax, there are no fees charged by pwe for buying zen straight from pwe. not supporting them in anyway just putting out facts i have seen.
  • deadspacex64deadspacex64 Member Posts: 565 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    moody83 wrote: »
    i would even recommend steam to all users.
    You can buy c store points with your steam wallet.
    If i buy them on this site i get taxed so i pay more then i get.
    On steam however there is no tax and you can recharge it ingame.

You can also buy other games :D

you don't buy anything from steam, you lease.

pwe's site is easy, no need to install or run anything else. i'm NA based so there's no tax or anything else, i get exactly what i pay for.

and stupid or not, it's not cryptics call anymore...things have changed, resistance while not futile only leaves you with few options. don't buy, don't play, or install xtra cr*p like steam.
    Dr. Patricia Tanis ~ "Bacon is for sycophants and products of incest."
    Donate Brains, zombies in Washington DC are starving.
  • defalusdefalus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    don't buy, don't play, or install xtra cr*p like steam.

I only use steam for the wallet, when I play STO, steam is offline and not used at all, it's a means to an end.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • reximuzreximuz Member Posts: 1,172 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Steam as a way to directly buy points is going away soon, so I wouldn't advise spending too much time or effort with it.
  • karmapointkarmapoint Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I wish this not happen.

Steam Wallet works wonderfull. No burocracy, you pay and receive the c-points directly, without stress, problem or unwanted extra tax.

If the PW remove steam, I have to stop to buy C-points and only work with dilithium, if I really need anything from C-store. Paypal give me problems and the PW website really have problems.
    Brasilis Elite Squad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PW/Crypt can't make more KDF Content?
  • thisslerthissler Member Posts: 2,055 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Just file a support ticket if you have a problem. You will get some sort of response in three to four business days.

Because its HARD to give customer service and its EASY to do a cost benefit analysis of dissatisfied customers vs actually providing that service.

They are holding funds. They are holding funds for some purpose strictly for their own profit. If I needed to be vetted as a customer this is a process that could have been done WITHOUT TAKING MY MONEY.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    stop spreading misinformation - steam is not going away. you will just be buying the zen currency rather than cpoints. you will have to stop buying cpoints BECAUSE THERE WILL BE NO SUCH THING AS CPOINTS http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=280551
  • sovereignmansovereignman Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Now I'm curious as to what's going on during Zen purchases.

It was easy for me. And I used paypal just for reference.

Considering PWE has a bunch of other properties, I wonder what % of their user base is having trouble buying zen since they'd have to be familiar with the process from the get go compared to STO users going from the C-store online to Charging Zen.

It'd make for an interesting screen capture viewing.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMm_VoKkuco - Needs more female relief ops ensign.
  • shiikenshiiken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    pwe used to absorb the cost of vat for european customers, apparently at some point the law changed and they were pulled up for it and so we now pay vat. if steam are offering this with no vat, good for them for absorbing that fee for users. of course they may presuming all their customers are US based. other than this vat or purchase tax, there are no fees charged by pwe for buying zen straight from pwe. not supporting them in anyway just putting out facts i have seen.

Yeah, and we weren't too pleased about it either. When the change happened last year, most never charged again because it was getting on for double the price. Can PWE even charge VAT anyway, they're a US company... meh, I don't know anything about the law, but it seems a bit sketchy to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]