test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

It is with great regret...

Comments

• jockey1979jockey1979 Member Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I hope everything works out for you, as you can see by now you will be missed greatly around here.

Once you've had your little wander, sown some wild gaming oats out there, to come back home where you belong :smile:
  • bludaggerbludagger Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I sit here smiling and think to myself the contributions you have made to your company, the game, and to we, your clients and your friends.

Honored are we that stand here in the face of knowing of all you have given to us as a whole through your skill as a warrior, vision as a dreamer, and as kinsman to the vision that is Star Trek Online.

We are truly humbled...

Old Mongoson and my wife Vith will always be around, listening for the call... when you need us, We shall be there.

until that time, we wait, for in patience war battles are fought, and honor is won. Our house will answer the call...

Qua'pla!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drazursouthclawdrazursouthclaw Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Long Life And Peace To You.

"Sometimes, the needs of the one..."

Thanks for all your hard work. :)
  • captainotakucaptainotaku Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for all of your hard work and best of luck in your new endeavors!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dude... this isn't April 1'st... You don't joke about theese things.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • theolopboytheolopboy Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    WTF forum why you eat my post?

Sad to see you go, been loving the Doff system and you can bet the next caretaker won't have the love and devotion to it that the creator had.

Good luck in your new job, special thanks for the effort you put in hunting down our Tribble Doffs who went AWOL
    Correct forum join and LTS subscriber from date : 27/01/2010
  • sosolidshoesosolidshoe Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm beginning to regret allowing myself to get into this game now, first the new website debacle, now it seems the best dev is leaving. All I can say is...ICEBERG, right ahead!

We are PWE. Your forums and game accounts will be added to our own. Your community will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
  • naffoffpwenaffoffpwe Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sorry to see you go Heretic, I'm sure STO will be a poorer place without you but all the best for the new job.

I'll hopefully fight alongside you at some time, in your efforts to beat the Federation Targs.
    The user formerly known as DogsBody.
    Here before PWE (and hopefully) here long after PWE is gone.

What this game needs is PvP, NOT PWE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vonbonvonbon Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    And so the STO community suffer another defeat at the hands of PWE
  • dalolorndalolorn Member Posts: 3,655 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    tacofangs wrote: »
    Don't worry guys, I slashed his tires. . . he's not going anywhere!
    MUWAHAHA HA HA HA!!!!

also, :::hugz:::

(yes, it's me)

You did? Did you lock him in the office too? :tongue:

If not, then he's just gonna WALK away, which is just an inconvenience, not a real obstacle for him to overcome :frown:

Quite frankly, you were the embodiment of what I've always tried to be: A person with ideas and the ability to make the ideas happen (unfortunately, I was only ever the former), and you deserve to be in high places wherever you go. Anybody who denies you that right is missing out on the great possibilities your imagination and technical skill could unlock.

On a second note, now I have to get a Tuffli class freighter... better grind up some EC/dilithium.

Edit: Though I do believe Tuffli is a bit of a funny name for a freighter class... good for a tribble, but I think that instead of a freighter, it should be the base of a new race... the Tufflites! Metallic beings about the size of a human being with a strange head (think your former avatar) and an IQ of... ... over 200?

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • askrayaskray Member Posts: 3,329 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    vonbon wrote: »
    And so the STO community suffer another defeat at the hands of PWE
    Heretic leaving is tied to PWE... how? :confused:
    Yes, I'm that Askray@Batbayer in game. Yes, I still play. No, I don't care.
    Former Community Moderator, Former SSR DJ, Now Full time father to two kids, Husband, Retail Worker.
    Tiktok: @Askray Facebook: Askray113

edited June 2012
    No idea, but everything else is blamed on PWE, why not this
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    No idea, but everything else is blamed on PWE, why not this

Seems legit.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • captaintrueheartcaptaintrueheart Member Posts: 296 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You'll be missed! Your contributions to the game and the community at large were very much appreciated, especially your work on the duty officer system.

Good luck and I wish you continued success :)
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
    Captain Ariel Trueheart Department of Temporal Investigations
    U.S.S. Valkyrie - NCC 991701
    =/\= ================================= =/\=
  • robinsonfamilyrobinsonfamily Member Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    We are all going to miss you, good luck in your new position!
  • snipe048snipe048 Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Farewell Heretic, It was an honor to fight by your side!

Founder and Current CO of Gamma Strike Force

Player since December 2009
  • hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well... damn, Heretic.
    Not only were you one of the few devs who actually communicated with us, you gave us the one thing that's kept me playing these past six months or so, when the last of my characters hit the level cap. (Grinding STFs is not for me, but Doffing? That's actually fun and interesting and gets me out there flying around.)
    I'm very, very sorry to hear you won't be around for Season 6 (and beyond), and can't help but feel rather pessimistic about the future as a result... especially coming, as it does, on the heels of "non-optional", PWE-mandated changes.

Thanks, take care, and good luck.
  • ssargonssargon Member Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Wow, that's... a stab in the gut. Forums get sent to Hell thanks to PWE's Chinese individuality stripping, and now... wow. Glad you got out of their grip when you could, I wish you the best of luck wherever you end up! We'll... adapt out here. We'll adapt...
    edited June 2012
    Hmmm, I wonder... could Heretic be doing a 'Stahl' within the next few months? :rolleyes:

Infinite possibilities have implications that could not be completely understood if you turned this entire universe into a giant supercomputer.p3OEBPD6HU3QI.jpg
  • phaserbankphaserbank Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I am relatively new here, still reading on forums to catch up on many things. But from what I can tell, this guy is awesome. Fleet bases are awesome! And the guy behind that is leaving? damn, I hope I was right in going career. I have to say PWE has me a bit worried. I trust Cryptic, I don't so much trust PWE.
  • vminkvmink Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »
    Hmmm, I wonder... could Heretic be doing a 'Stahl' within the next few months? :rolleyes:

If he does, that would arguably be one of the better things to happen to STO.
    ---
    Gowron Simmons is pleased to see you, yes!
    edited June 2012
    dalolorn wrote: »

Time will tell until then..we have to just..hope for the best.
  • worilworil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good luck and all the best for your future, Geoff.

You will be missed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Time will tell until then..we have to just..hope for the best.

Aye, I really hope he returns, he's added some of the best stuff to the game since its launch.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Best of luck to you heretic. Thank you for all of your hard work and dedication to Star Trek Online.
  • seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I already miss you, you were one of the greatest of the bunch.

To the players:

At first i thought this was bad news, and then i thought about it. . .

Then i realize that we are PWEing PWEd.:frown:
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • creamyzombiecreamyzombie Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    greedo42 wrote: »
    May all your future endeavors be critical successes.

Live Long and Prosper.

You will be missed, good luck and thank you for everything.
  • drudgydrudgy Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good Luck Heritic!! Thanks for all the work you have done to make our game that much better. :)
    f3wrLS.jpg
    edited June 2012
    brigadooom wrote: »
    Aye, I really hope he returns, he's added some of the best stuff to the game since its launch.

Agreed! Let's pray and hope- *remembers he's an atheist* Ahem, I wanted to say... let's hope he's in the beginning of a 'Stahl'!

• blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You will be sorely missed. Your indelible mark on the STO Universe will serve as a reminder that doing what you love results in excellence and profit.*

May the Blessed Exchequer steer your travels down the Great Material Continuum to great rewards and profits for the rest of your days. :smile:

*and not recognizing the efforts properly, while watching the profit-makers walk out the door, ultimately results in unimaginable losses.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)