What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

It is with great regret...

Comments

• Options
    marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 539 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I couldnt care for the slightest bit. Everyone at Cryptic seems to have the urge (Yes, pointing to Dstahl himself here) when things get a bit difficult or not the way they like it going and they attempt to move away from Cryptic.

So long though and have a good journey.
  • Options
    brigadooombrigadooom Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh man :( Good luck sir.
    ----
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Heretic! NOOOooooOOoooooo!!! :eek:
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    capnbluddcapnbludd Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Farewell Heretic, and thanks for all the doffs. /salute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dec/2008
  • Options
    kbflordkruegkbflordkrueg Member Posts: 189 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Hmm, bummer to see ya go, sir.
    A little worrysome since your next major project seems incomplete.
    The DO system was one of the better things to happen to STO in the past few months, hope whomever takes over your spot can fill your shoes, but I doubt it.
    What is it with Cryptic not able to keep good help...?
    *sigh*
    Fair winds and following seas in your future, sir.
    Lord Krueg
    KBF CO
    We are the Dead
    join date Aug 2008
  • Options
    grnlbrtnfrntgrnlbrtnfrnt Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    LOL Did hertic not get to keep his name when had to link to our chinese overlords
    [SIGPIC]PWE IS NOT A REPUTABLE COMPANY[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    elric071elric071 Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good luck Heretic! I, as well as this whole community, are sorry to see you go :frown:

Thank you for all your contributions to this game, and I hope that those who step into your shoes do them justice :smile:

May the future be good to you!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum

Co-Founder of TOS Veterans and TOS Qan Mang
  • Options
    rialgirialgi Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Design powerfully, create with Flare.
    Wish I could think of something wise and cool, and all That!
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You will be missed

so Health and long life
    and clear skys
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    valiant797valiant797 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Best of luck where ever the future finds you.

May the wind be at your back.
    <signature under reconstruction>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Want cheap commodities? Yeah you do. Commodity Cheat Sheet (includes food and data samples)

Want to make the game better? Might I suggest this form
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Heretic... Please come back! My Doffs are now wandering around my ship aimlessly! They are without order! Without your guidance! They are hindering ship operations! Please... COME BACK!!!

Seriously... I'm really sad to hear the news that you are leaving. But I suppose in this day and age when the economic climate is at it's lowest, we all must choose the path in which we can survive the longest. Thank you Heretic for all your hard work over the years and thank you for the doff system and more! You'll be missed for sure! I just hope that whoever is to take over your position at cryptic is worthy of those shiny shoes of yours!

God speed dude! May you Live Long and Prosper indeed! Best of luck to you! :)
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For some reason this doesn't strike me as all that surprising. Two down in as many weeks, its starting to make me wonder if people are (or are going to) start jumping ship while they can. This makes me wonder if they are concerned about the course the game will be taking in the future. Its an unsettling feeling
    Also slightly worrying that you're leaving before Season 6 and (your latest master project) Fleet Starbases have gone live

As am I. It echos dstahls sudden departure just prior to the free to play changeover... and we all know how well THAT went over

Lets all just hope that the doff system doesn't take a nose dive in the coming months. I'm curious as to who is going to take his place
  • Options
    peregrine0falconperegrine0falcon Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thank you for the all of the effort that you gave and the way you worked with the players to create something that many people truly enjoy. I wish you well in all of your future endeavors Mister Tuffli.

Peace and long life.

- Peregrine Falcon
    "Any change to non-good alignment immediately strips the ranger of all benefits, and the character becomes a fighter, with eight-sided hit dice, ever after, and can never regain ranger status."
  • Options
    superherofansuperherofan Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Heretic,

You were an amazing developer for Star Trek Online, definitely leaving your mark in a fantastic way for the game. Your contribution and great personality will be sorely missed. Best of luck in your new endeavor.
  • Options
    mirror1mastermirror1master Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Heretic, I wish you a "Critical Success" on your new Duty Assignment! :biggrin:

But if things don't work out and end up being a "Disaster", please come back to Cryptic where you will be welcomed back to the Cryptic "Duty Roster" as a Very Rare and Valued Member of the Team. :smile:

Best Wishes,

Mirror-Master
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    dublinraiderdublinraider Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Many thanks for the superb Duty Officer system!
    Good luck to you in the future :smile:
  • Options
    hotstuff1701hotstuff1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Best of luck, and thank you!
  • Options
    eldioraeldiora Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thats a real bummer. You have been my favourite Dev Heretic. Good luck with your new endevours and you will be missed.

i need to look for a proper huge sadface smiley on the internets.
  • Options
    commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It is with a heavy heart to see you go. In all the devs I know through all of the games I have played, you are by far one of the most communicative, passionate, dedicated, and talented. It has become a fun, immersive, and casual system for me. I greatly thank you for the Duty Officer System and was very excited to see it added to the game. Just the care you gave the DOFF system in responding to the player base and the constant improvements you made to it make it one of the best systems I know of. That says a grat deal about your character. I can just imagine what you would have been able to do with a "Department Head System" (don't forget to leave your notes with Borticus). Good luck at your new position and I have two Klingons ready to bear arms with you if you have a fleet!!
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Oh, I didn't mention it before, but I think the duty officer system was f'in BRILLIANT. It enhances STO in a whole bunch of ways and creates some wonderful 'implicit rp/flavor.'
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    In your honor, I shall rename my Odyssey Star Cruiser after you. Even though "Heretic" may not be the best name for a Federation starship. :tongue:

Good luck in your future endeavors. You will be missed.

"Only Qo'noS endures. All we can hope for is a glorious death. Only Qo'noS endures. In death there is victory and honor."
    - Worf
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • Options
    direphoenixdirephoenix Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    So sorry to see you leaving the studio, Heretic. I know I've enjoyed all your contributions here, and the rest of the system devs have a tremendous hole to fill in your place. I hope they're up to the task.

Aside from that, I hope to see you in-game and maybe you'll have even more time to play the game you helped create now! (At least, as an actual player)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Raptr profile
  • Options
    truewarpertruewarper Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Finding what makes one happy is a long task. But you got the skills H, seek your out desires.
    52611496918_3c42b8bab8.jpg
    Departing from Sol *Earth* by Carlos A Smith,on Flickr
    SPACE---The Last and Great Frontier. A 14th-year journey
    Vna res, una mens, unum cor et anima una. Cetera omnia, somnium est.
  • Options
    centersolacecentersolace Member Posts: 11,178 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Fare thee well my good sir. And may lady fortune smile upon you and your future.

<salutes>
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    AWwwwwwwwwww, maaaaan....... :frown:
  • Options
    synkr0nizedsynkr0nized Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Best of luck in your future work! I hope it's exciting and satisfying for you!
    _______
    equal parts cynical and helpful
  • Options
    darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    Good luck Heretic, sorry to see you go as you are one of the very few cool devs that cared about star trek and the game... :frown:
  • Options
    manitobamanitoba Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Its a shame, hate to see you go heretic. Good luck with what ever you got planned for the future.
  • Options
    walkincrowwalkincrow Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Awwww man :frown:

GL with your future endeavors.