thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Why will he be missed from the forums?

Surely he can still post as a player?

He can even keep his name right?
  • Options
    jkstocbrjkstocbr Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sorry to hear you are leaving, good luck with the future. STO will really miss your input to the game, and I think there will be a large hole to fill now.
  • Options
    tankalot42otankalot42o Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    jkstocbr wrote: »
    Sorry to hear you are leaving, good luck with the future. STO will really miss your input to the game, and I think there will be a large hole to fill now.

thats what she said?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    timelords1701timelords1701 Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    awww geez to see heretic going is a great loss to us all, the doffs have been one of the best inclusions to this game for quite a while and now the main man for it is leaving, good luck with your new position heretic, will always think of you as i send my next batch of doffs out on their assignments.. :frown:
  • Options
    gamerjoshgamerjosh Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good luck on future projects. Thanks for all the good work!
    Belief manifests reality
  • Options
    brackynewsbrackynews Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    God speed, good sir. Second star to the right and all that. :redface:
    It will be fun to see you in game. Save me a spot.
    And hey, if you come back later, it will be good to see you then too. :biggrin:

City of Heroes/Villains was my first MMO and set the tone for what I expect from Cryptic games.
    As I posted a while ago on your blog, I sincerely hope you get the chance to speak about your system designs at GDC. Other developers most assuredly *do* have things to learn from you. Without the DOff system and the appeal of fleet starbase management, I can't imagine what else could hold my interest in STO.
    (I've been here for 12 raucous months and have never completed a PVP match or ground STF in all that time. They didn't build that stuff for me. :rolleyes:)

=/\= Transwarp 10.0 Victory Achieved on 26-July-2012, Six Months After F2P =/\=
  • Options
    pogmahone70pogmahone70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I wonder who is gonna be next
    Divine Protectorate Gaming
    STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
  • Options
    djconcentusdjconcentus Member Posts: 177 Media Corps
    edited June 2012
    You shall be missed, Oh Mighty Overlord of Duty Officers :(

I shall sacrifice many common doffs in your honor tonight!
    The opinions expressed in my posts are not necessarily those of my employer or Subspace Radio.
    Host of the Borg Boombox, 0300 GMT on Fridays on Subspace Radio
  • Options
    captrayvenwingcaptrayvenwing Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    dunnlang wrote: »
    Well I can say that I am very sorry for us. I feel that things will be diminished by your absence. You have brought a lot to STO and delivered content above and beyond what was ever expected. Thank you for what you have given us.

Now that I am done being sorry for us, congratulations to you on your new job. It is an exciting move and I wish you the best.

It was you Jex!!! I told you to bathe more often! Now look what you done! 8D J/K

Good luck in all that you do heritic. May the wind be at your back and you have following seas!

Shak
    The Account formally known as Rayvenwing
    Actual Join Date : Feb 2010

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Dammit, never got my First Officer system from you. You cant go till you deliver that. Dofs were never my cup of tea, but you did them well. Thanks for being a dev of the people. Live Long and Prosper.
    STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
    Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
  • Options
    jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It was you Jex!!! I told you to bathe more often! Now look what you done! 8D J/K

Good luck in all that you do heritic. May the wind be at your back and you have following seas!

Shak

He said he'd love me no matter what! NO MATTER WHAT!!
  • Options
    lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Best of luck wherever you go man. I've enjoyed your work on STO, that's for sure.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • Options
    timkingstontimkingston Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You'll be missed, Heretic. Many thanks for all you've done over the years.

Thrusters on full.
    Captain Tim Kingston
    U.S.S. Lord Vinton
    Ausmonaut
  • Options
    dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Everyone is getting more and more pissed since the PW takeover, Especially now that this new change has occured. I wonder how many more Devs will jump ship in this wake.

You will be missed Heretic

Dan Please save your ship.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I have been an TRIBBLE. I cant deny it.
    Even so I am sorry to see you go. :frown:
    Qapla. Honor on your journey.
    Remember the teachings of kahless.
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
  • Options
    hrisvalarhrisvalar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Ah hell, figures it'd be one of the few devs I hadn't gotten around to yelling at yet...

Kudos for quitting while you're ahead though. :biggrin:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Reave
  • Options
    pogmahone70pogmahone70 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Another one bits the dust
    Divine Protectorate Gaming
    STO Beta Tester and Original Cryptic user
  • Options
    kingdoxykingdoxy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for everything Heretic. You've done a great job with everything you've helped put into STO. Its going to be really hard to replace you with someone as awesome.
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    It is always sad to see someone lose or leave a job.

Nevertheless, there has been a need for change expecially in the management dept.

Again, Thanks for the DOffs.
  • Options
    latinumbarlatinumbar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Reminds me of a quote from a popular movie:

"I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged. Their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up DOES rejoice. But still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone." Red, from Shawshank Redemption

Best of luck to your future endeavors.
    atomictikiatomictiki Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Farewell Heretic. You'll be missed.
    Leave nerfing to the professionals.
  • Options
    dakkidedakkide Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Take Care and Good Luck in your future endeavors
  • Options
    vminkvmink Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Sadness. :frown:

You will be sorely and gravely missed, Heretic. Your work on the starbases and on the DOff system were watershed moments, they were great -- or are anticipated as being great -- not only because of the work and thought you put into them but the communication you imparted to us during that work. And this is to say nothing of the work you did on CoH, much of which I am still enjoying now. You should leave knowing that you have good achievements on your CV, things to be proud of and accomplishments that have been well-received by players.

I truly do not believe that STO could have been as good as it was without you (or many others, of course, but naturally including you.) And I do not believe that STO will be as good without you.

Fair winds and following seas to you.
    ---
    Gowron Simmons is pleased to see you, yes!
  • Options
    xelene13xelene13 Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Missing you already.
    Peace and long life.
  • Options
    zahinderzahinder Member Posts: 2,382 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Coming on the heels of the forum debacle, I am not a happy camper.

Good bye, and good fortune, Heretic!
    Campaign: The Fenwick Cycle NWS-DKR9GB7KH

Wicks and Things: NW-DI4FMZRR4 : The Fenwick merchant family has lost a caravan! Can you help?

Beggar's Hollow: NW-DR6YG4J2L : Someone, or something, has stolen away many of the Fenwicks' children! Can you find out what happened to them?

Into the Fen Wood: NW-DL89DRG7B : Enter the heart of the forest. Can you discover the secret of the Fen Wood?
  • Options
    scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Farewell Heretic. Wish you well in all you do. :frown:
  • Options
    drumknottdrumknott Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Terribly sorry to see you go Heretic. I hope nothing but the best for you.

But seriously, you gotta tell us were you're going... I think many of us like your work and, speaking for myself, I might be interested in any game that has you as a developer. :biggrin:

Vaya con nachos!
    Live Long and Prosper!
    - PatricianVetinari
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Hello, I'm PatricianVetinari, using my alt-Silver account to access these new forums (as I'm not yet willing to PW link/convert my main/LTS account). To say I'm disappointed with this "conversion" event would be an understatement.
    (Is there a way to make my text align next to the sig pic, instead of after/under it?)
  • Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    First:
    Congratulations on whatever the new position is; and I hope you get what you want out of the new job.

That said, it's a sad day when STO looses one of its more talented Devs. I was really looking forward to seeing the Starbase and Fleet Advancement systems launch, develop and grow under your guidence. With you leaving; I really wonder who they're going to assign it to; and sorry to say, I don't think there's another Dev right now on the team that will/can do as good of a job as I think you would have with the system.

I'm also going to miss your communication and interaction with the playerbase as development of STO goes forward. IMO - you were one Dev who still kept the lines of communication open and productive Dev/Player commuication lessens as time goes forward.

Good luck, and all the best. (And if you come back one day, I hope it's because you want to; and not because it may be the only option open. Not ttrying to throw a monkey wrench in there per se - but Cryptic devs who leasve seem to have a habit of eventuually returning - but given the changes being implemented by PWE; maybe Cryptic is no longer a place those who've left will want to return too - but again, I wish you all the best.)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    rayusrayus Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    You've played a prominent role in so many of STO's best features to date, Heretic. It's sad to see you go, but you've got to do what you've got to do.

Best of luck with your future opportunities.
  • Options
    shapeywhelmshapeywhelm Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Good luck in the future.