test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please make $1 = 100 Zen = 100 CP

doubleohninedoubleohnine Member Posts: 818 Arc User
For the sake of simplicity. Im not saying give us different amounts of goodies for what 80 CP use to give us. Just change 80's to 100s. Asking your American customers to do conversions in some way is highly annoying. Better yet, since Cryptic was assimilated, just kill the term "Cryptic Points" altogether, remove the imaginary middle man, and just convert the C store to the Z store.

I must say, its easier to understand $1 = 100 Zen, dont go making it $1 = 80 Zen. Thats something the metric system is good for, ease of understanding, and Im American. If the total conversion wasnt planned soon, please plan it. Thats part of why I just yanked my gold sub just now, Im not going through a ton of conversions, customs, Ferengi, TSA, etc just to give PW my money. Make it simple.

And Im waiting for my FEs. No more subsidizing this game in the off months Im not getting the FE's. Yes I play and love Foundry, but as they say, I want the real storylines to progress and to make sense.
STO: @AGNT009 Since Dec 2010
Capt. Will Conquest of the U.S.S. Crusader
Post edited by doubleohnine on

Comments

• foundrelicfoundrelic Member Posts: 1,380 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    For the sake of simplicity. Im not saying give us different amounts of goodies for what 80 CP use to give us. Just change 80's to 100s. Asking your American customers to do conversions in some way is highly annoying. Better yet, since Cryptic was assimilated, just kill the term "Cryptic Points" altogether, remove the imaginary middle man, and just convert the C store to the Z store.

I must say, its easier to understand $1 = 100 Zen, dont go making it $1 = 80 Zen. Thats something the metric system is good for, ease of understanding, and Im American. If the total conversion wasnt planned soon, please plan it. Thats part of why I just yanked my gold sub just now, Im not going through a ton of conversions, customs, Ferengi, TSA, etc just to give PW my money. Make it simple.

And Im waiting for my FEs. No more subsidizing this game in the off months Im not getting the FE's. Yes I play and love Foundry, but as they say, I want the real storylines to progress and to make sense.

It's simple really. $1.25 = 100 c-points.

I agree that I'd rather spend $1 and get 100 points but think of all the quarters PWE would lose in that?

How else would they afford random nonsensical redesigns to various customer interfaces?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I asked for this back when PWE took over Cryptic. Here's to hoping that your suggestion has more weight than mine, as mine didn't work.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    if this happens expect a hike in the prices in the cstore of a comparable percentage.
  • wolfpacknzwolfpacknz Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    why would money grubbers give you the same value on your dollar? They only care about how much money they can now get from you...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ***Disenchanted***
    Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
  • nyniknynik Member Posts: 1,628 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    wolfpacknz wrote: »
    why would money grubbers give you the same value on your dollar? They only care about how much money they can now get from you...

The conversion gives the same value on a dollar.
  • sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Even imaginary middlemen have family to support (imaginary family mostly)

And lets not forget that the dollar is not the worlds only (or even most important currency)
    Why should 100 cp not = ?1???
    Live long and Prosper
  • dariusmajeredariusmajere Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

SERIOUSLY.... " Asking your American customers to do conversions".. I am Hoping The "American Customers" you speak of would NOT be from the Country in the Americas that is supposed to be the super power of the world. I would HOPE you are talking about some tiny little dot somewhere in the Americas with a First grade Education. The Simple Fact of Touting "American Customers" alone is Degrading enough to anyone in North, Central, or South America. Let alone to the other Countries of the World who have to do even Worse conversions then we due to different taxes. The "Americans" Should not have it made any easier then the Rest. This is Coming from someone located in NORTH America, The United States Of America. Also Not the only place in the Americas that Exists. "Americans" Typically Referenced as the U.S.A. By the rest of the world, has a bad enough reputation as it is for lack of Education and laziness. I do not need to be touted under another part because you simply cannot understand a conversion rate of a few numbers that has been Explained COUNTLESS times over the forums. It is NOT that hard to understand that under Cryptic it was 1.25 per 100 Cryptic Points. This Existed Before the Perfect World Take Over. It is still the same AFTER the Perfect world Take over. The new benefit with having the Perfect world Take over, You can Buy Points in Bulk. Fifty Dollars worth of points goes alot further due to the Bonus you get for buying that amount then spending it on Cryptic Points.

Yes My Writing Sucks, at least I can do basic Fkin Math. American Customers due not need more Privledges then the rest of the world. We are a "leading" nation, not an "entitled" nation. Tho with today's American society even that is questionable.
    Proud Fleet Commander in Garfon's Renegades!
    Proud Leader of the Massive Chaos Group
    Proud Listener of Subspace-Radio.net The Voice of Star Trek Online.
    [SIGPIC]http://massivechaos.enjin.com/[/SIGPIC]
  • krayuskorianiskrayuskorianis Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I'm from America... Here's how I convert it:

100 Zen/$1 = 80 C-Points
    500 Zen/$5 = 400 C-Points
    1500 Zen/$15 = 1200 C-Points
    2000 Zen/$20 = 1600 C-Points

My god, that's HORRIBLE CONVERTING! My conversions must be horribly wrong!

It's all basically just like Microsoft's version of Points. $5 and you get 400 MSP. $1 and you get 80 MSP (Though they don't sell them that way, only 400 and up).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    i3-2100 3.10GHz
    8GB Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 1333Mhz DDR3 RAM CL9
    ASUS DirectCU II GTX 660 OC 2GB GDDR5
  • gypsybladegypsyblade Member Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    SERIOUSLY.... " Asking your American customers to do conversions".. I am Hoping The "American Customers" you speak of would NOT be from the Country in the Americas that is supposed to be the super power of the world. I would HOPE you are talking about some tiny little dot somewhere in the Americas with a First grade Education. The Simple Fact of Touting "American Customers" alone is Degrading enough to anyone in North, Central, or South America. Let alone to the other Countries of the World who have to do even Worse conversions then we due to different taxes. The "Americans" Should not have it made any easier then the Rest. This is Coming from someone located in NORTH America, The United States Of America. Also Not the only place in the Americas that Exists. "Americans" Typically Referenced as the U.S.A. By the rest of the world, has a bad enough reputation as it is for lack of Education and laziness. I do not need to be touted under another part because you simply cannot understand a conversion rate of a few numbers that has been Explained COUNTLESS times over the forums. It is NOT that hard to understand that under Cryptic it was 1.25 per 100 Cryptic Points. This Existed Before the Perfect World Take Over. It is still the same AFTER the Perfect world Take over. The new benefit with having the Perfect world Take over, You can Buy Points in Bulk. Fifty Dollars worth of points goes alot further due to the Bonus you get for buying that amount then spending it on Cryptic Points.

Yes My Writing Sucks, at least I can do basic Fkin Math. American Customers due not need more Privledges then the rest of the world. We are a "leading" nation, not an "entitled" nation. Tho with today's American society even that is questionable.

What is your nation of origin? Would be it fair to bash it and damn its flaws based solely on what you've said? I've never felt entitled for being American, I didn't have an issue with the conversion. You've obviously got some deep seeded issues against my nation. So please do tell me where your from, so we can balance this out.....
  • eulifdaviseulifdavis Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    And lets not forget that the dollar is not the worlds only (or even most important currency)

That's where you're wrong. The US Dollar is the most-traded currency in the world, by far. That makes it the most important. :wink:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • entnx01entnx01 Member Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    eiledon wrote: »
    if this happens expect a hike in the prices in the cstore of a comparable percentage.

Seconded.

If they kept the same C-Point totals for certain items after a 100 = 100 conversion, here's what you'd see:

2 new Character slots: 500 C-Points = $6.25 now, would be $5 with only a 100=100 conversion.

Sau Paulo Class: 1,200 C-Points = $15 now, would be $12 after.

Armitage: 2,000 C-Points = $25 now, would be $20 after.

Odyssey bundle: 4,000 C-Points = $50 now, would be $40 after.

I don't expect PWE to make a move that loses money for STO. So I'd expect the following C-Point hikes if they keep the dollar amounts of the C-Store items the same:

2 new Character slots: Was 500 C-Points, now 625 C-Points (Still $6.25, though)

Sau Paulo Class: Was 1,200 C-Points, now 1,500 C-Points. (Still $15, though)

Armitage: Was 2,000 C-Points, now would be 2,500 C-Points. (Still $25, though)

Odyssey bundle: Was 4,000 C-Points, now would be 5,000 C-Points. (Still $50, though)

This would hurt people who are trying to truly be F2P because it would take more Dilithium to get the same amount of money out of their C-Points. But then again, Cryptic and PWE never intended to make this a totally F2P game. So this move would make more sense than just making the easy 100=100 conversion.

If I were Cryptic and I were forced into the PWE system (100 Zen = 100 game store currency), I'd raise C-point prices too so that I could at least keep the same amount of revenue coming in after the conversion.
    edited June 2012
    additionally other pwe games do not adhere to the $1 = 100 in game store points/currency. The poor Forsaken worlders get 40 Eyrda Leaves for their 100 zen. And that was a game developed by PWE. Go Figure.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    I don't blame the Zen, I blame the C-points.

This entire time it has been $1 = 80 c-points. Cryptic started this stupid conversion rate. 500 c-points for $6.25? .. what?!.. Moronic

100 Zen = $1.. Seems PWE had it fine the whole time.

Yes yes I am not too thrilled by all the changes either, but by USD standards it isn't PWE's fault.
    :eek:
    edited June 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    What is your nation of origin? Would be it fair to bash it and damn its flaws based solely on what you've said? I've never felt entitled for being American, I didn't have an issue with the conversion. You've obviously got some deep seeded issues against my nation. So please do tell me where your from, so we can balance this out.....

He said he was from North America lol
  • kimmerakimmera Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    vinru821 wrote: »
    I don't blame the Zen, I blame the C-points.

This entire time it has been $1 = 80 c-points. Cryptic started this stupid conversion rate. 500 c-points for $6.25? .. what?!.. Moronic

100 Zen = $1.. Seems PWE had it fine the whole time.

Yes yes I am not too thrilled by all the changes either, but by USD standards it isn't PWE's fault.

To be fair to Cryptic, Turbine uses a similar conversion $ to points conversion rate. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned Microsoft does the same.
  • ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    If dollars were the only money in the world, I'd agree the conversion rate was stupid. CP prices have to be made to synch up with not only the dollar, but Euros, Stirling, and many more, most of which I'm not sure about since some people dodged the Euro bullet, and many didn't. Then after this, you have to take into account whatever tax exists in various countries. Rounding a price to take all of the different currency exchange rates and taxes is not as simple as it probably sounds to those having trouble with simple arithmetic.

The point is, the current prices represent a middle ground with easy conversion rates for all currencies as far as I know. Changing it to match the dollar one for one would likely make other rates more complicated to calibrate for sensible amounts. For example, just as $1 buys 80CP, ?0.8 buys 100CP.

Another thing to bear in mind is by selling amounts that differ from prices, you end up having to buy slightly more than you need, which often either goes to waste, or leads to impulse buying more just to "round up" for something else.

I haven't had a look to see how the Zen thing affects me in the UK yet, but I suspect I've purchased my last from STO.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sharyssasharyssa Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    entnx01 wrote: »
    If I were Cryptic and I were forced into the PWE system (100 Zen = 100 game store currency), I'd raise C-point prices too so that I could at least keep the same amount of revenue coming in after the conversion.

I have to disagree, considering the general unhappiness that has started to boil up (apparently)...that would just cause players to NOT use the C-store at all. i/m/h/o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • blindsaviour666blindsaviour666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    so epic XD this thread made my day
    Out of the darkness
    On the road where the dead years run
    Cold as moonlight
    Terrible as the sun
    edited June 2012
    there is a negative to buying zen from the uk in that we pay tax on the purchase - the actual rate of tax seems to somewhere around 14% which is less than uk VAT of 20%, but may be an averaged to cover the major euro zones.

The last time i bought zen at the beginning of June I got the 5000 zen bundle (which gave me 300 extra zen and so for STO would give me 4240 c points for my cash)

45 Euros = 5000 + 300 zen
    45 Euros = GBP 36.35 (0.8777 x EURO)
    45 Euros = $56.77 (1.26156 x EURO) - this does not equal $50 obviously.

Now converting sterling direct to dollars gets a similar result:

GBP 36.35 = $56.97 (1.56726 x GBP) - A difference here of 20 cents I can live with.

A direct conversion of USD price to sterling gives the following:

$50 = GBP 31.91 (0.638172 x USD)

An overall difference of GBP 4.44 from the actual charged price.

GBP 4.44 is approximately 14% of GBP 31.91

edit: just checked and EU law only requires that the standard VAT rate must be at least 15% and the reduced rate at least 5% so my roundings may have given me the 14% rather than 15%
  • kassad2kassad2 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    sollvax wrote: »
    Even imaginary middlemen have family to support (imaginary family mostly)

Uh, actually is it the most important currency in the world... :rolleyes:

The US has sunk to 25th in the world in math. It is just embarrassing that people can't do a simple conversion. :frown:
    edited June 2012
    He said he was from North America lol

Shhhh... Don't Tell him, Goes back to the Education system. Reading abilities. :P Besides, See right away he throws himself as "American". Which, by Location Defaults him easily as Brazilian, Canadian, Mexican, Gayain, etc, etc. The Entitlement Clause :P We are the U.S.A. We are the only Existance and Only part of the Americas that Exist :P
  • beezle23beezle23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    gypsyblade wrote: »
    What is your nation of origin?

He's USAnian, or at least in the country. I had to read the wall-o-text a couple of times.
    Next Time on STO:

Why is it ma ships now cost 2.500 points after the 100Zen=100CP conversion?
    This is a total ripoff! You suck Cryp...PWE!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2012
    my name is Archived Post too. we might be related.. or mirror universe counterparts..
  • rayezillarayezilla Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    lol, yeah PWE is going to make 100 = $1...

then they'll increase all the cbill costs by 20%. same thing exactly :P
    edited June 2012
    Yesss, Lets keep making threads about the CP cost is going to rise to 100 just so its equal to the cost of Zen. This sounds like a Brilliant Idea, the more its spread around the less hostile people will be if it does occur. They will be angry for a day and then roll over because "they seen it coming" since it was on the forums. Go for it PW/CP you may now raise the prices. It has been discussed that it will happen so we can all now say we were prepared :P
  • phyrexianherophyrexianhero Member Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Well, I guess we could just raise all the C-Store prices by 25% and then it could reflect ZEN numbers. But they don't want to do that.

There's a very good reason why $1 was 80 Cryptic Points and not 100. Think about those new ships like the T5 Akira -- it costs 2000 CP. Many people equate this to $20 and not the actual $25. It's a psychological factor, just like why gas prices may be $3.399 instead of $3.40 a gallon.
    Playing since January 2010. STOwiki administrator. Accolade hunter.
    My STOwiki page | Reachable in-game @PhyrexianHero
    Fed Armada: Section 31 (level 730, 2700+ members)
    KDF Armada: Klingon Intelligence (level 699, 2100+ members)
    edited June 2012
    Shhhh... Don't Tell him, Goes back to the Education system. Reading abilities. :P Besides, See right away he throws himself as "American". Which, by Location Defaults him easily as Brazilian, Canadian, Mexican, Gayain, etc, etc. The Entitlement Clause :P We are the U.S.A. We are the only Existance and Only part of the Americas that Exist :P

Lol.. Im from the USA , and I am not as arrogant lol. Its just the loud types that get noticed and become the stereotype.. I'll stay nice and quiet :)

We aren't the only part.. just the most important :) lmao ( no offense Canada! I love you too! ( :rolleyes:
  • deyvaddeyvad Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    (...) This is Coming from someone located in NORTH America, The United States Of America. Also Not the only place in the Americas that Exists. (...)

I would guess he's from the USA.
    Please get started on bashing his country.:biggrin:
  • torgaddon101torgaddon101 Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Lol.. Im from the USA , and I am not as arrogant lol. Its just the loud types that get noticed and become the stereotype.. I'll stay nice and quiet :)

Lol you ever been to NY? :cool:

gess not me thinks...