test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

For all you KDF Haters.

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Very well said.

Problems is Cryptic is not listening for more then a year.
    edited June 2012
    No, you shouldn't be quiet.

You should keep posting, but post smart, be persistent and be constructive (I realize that is REALLY hard at this stage of the game, with all of the promises that were never kept).

I'm saying that using constant ridiculous hyperbole like "being peed on" or tantrum throwing, whines and insults is going to get you absolutely nowhere.

Otherwise the good ideas and good posts just get drowned out in all of the noise.

Unfortunately such colorful descriptions is the only way to temper my anger. Besides I've been caustic for so long its like a bad habit not easily dismissed.
    edited June 2012
    At the end of the day Cryptic is the one that will loose out, yes we might loose money for putting it into a game who does not fulfil their promises or listen and provide for their customers, but Cryptic will loose a game, a money income and many of the dev's will probably loose their jobs. There are already subscribers whom have cancelled their subscriptions, lifetimers not returning and f2p players feeling putting money into the game is not worth it. Which to be totally honest is a fair and accurate call.
    edited June 2012
    Come on all, the KDF started as PVP only, and look where it is now, be greatful there is a KDF to play and the game is still FTP. If you all can find a little positive in it all ilnstead of bashing Cryptic. There are things most of you do not know about this game maybe they cannot do. Give it a rest and get your point across by submiting ideas on the fourms. I have a KDF toon and Fleet, I for one am greatful for what I have now, I am sure it will get better.

OH and roach, I do like your approach the best. :D
    edited June 2012
    Dunnlang wrote:
    The simple fact is that the KDF has received the lion share of faction locked story content since the game launched. For a development team that is constantly behind the content curve and understaffed, this is not something to be under appreciated- but it constantly is.

The simple fact is that few players are content with the state of story or end game content. The KDF does not have that market cornered. Thankfully Cryptic has realized that and made virtually all content releases since the launch of the game available to BOTH factions, giving the KDF the only real faction locked missions since the launch of the game.

When Alphas was launched, where were the cried from the KDF players that it was not fair to the Feds that they did not get a mission? What about the Fek'Ihri series? I don't recall any KDF players being upset that the Federation did not have state of the art story content.

The KDF has received a great deal of content and access since the launch of the game. At some point, players will have to be realistic about their expectations and not fly into a rage every time their sibling gets a new toy. You have received quite a few toys yourselves.

The kdf players toons dont even change when thay put armor on
    edited June 2012
    hank900 wrote:
    Come on all, the KDF started as PVP only, and look where it is now, be greatful there is a KDF to play and the game is still FTP. If you all can find a little positive in it all ilnstead of bashing Cryptic. There are things most of you do not know about this game maybe they cannot do. Give it a rest and get your point across by submiting ideas on the fourms. I have a KDF toon and Fleet, I for one am greatful for what I have now, I am sure it will get better.

This is part of the problem isn't it? Federation players coming in and saying to us that we should be happy with what we got. It easy to say that from a top of the hill in the palace to the starving people living in tents below. I am not trying to be insulting and I apologise if I come across that way, but instead of saying be happy with what you got, if Federation players would only help their KDF brothers and sisters in bringing this to Cryptic's attention and stating they'd like to see the KDF side developed more rather than to see Federation content then we wouldn't be in this state now would we? If more and more people want to see this game to continue to be developed we need to encourage Cryptic just working on the one faction is not the way to do it.
    edited June 2012
    hank900 wrote:

While I appreciate what you're trying to achieve with this post, it comes across as arrogantly insulting.

"Be greatful(sic)"? NO, actually. The KDF was originally slated to be a full second faction, to the tune of Alliance vs. Horde. That's what drew me in, and that's what made me preorder. The development of the KDF into a PvP-only faction was resisted but ultimately fell into prior to launch, with promises of making it better.

I've paid for this game and my time in it; I don't need to be grateful for F2P. F2P does nothing for me, as I am happy to pay for a product that satisfies me.

I'm grateful for my time in the game. I'm grateful for the remarkable achievements Cryptic has accomplished. But as a KDF player, I am every bit justified in my stance where to a degree I am owed - not because I specifically feel that Cryptic owes me anything, mind you, but rather because there is a bar that has been set, and KDF is currently below it. In that sense, I will applaud Cryptic's outstanding efforts to meet and exceed that bar, but it's also what they should be doing in the first place. Just as we don't often clap for someone successfully crossing the street, we do sometimes shout at them to correct their walk when the do it out of turn, or offer ways to make it better.

Other points, very valid ones, point that although Starfleet has met and exceeded the above-mentioned bar, over time it too has lapsed and now both factions are waiting for more. KDF and FED both are in need of more content (I don't mean more ships or starbases, I mean stuff to DO, like missions, and FEs in particular). But what does that mean for the game when the bar, ever-rising in the genre, is starting to outpace the infusion of content?

Oh, and by the way... if this actually was "Starfleet online" (minus the KDF), I wouldn't be playing it. Had it been "Klingon online," however, I'd have subscribed to it, even if only to take a good, close look at what it was. We may not be the majority, but I'm betting there are a lot of us who would proudly consider ourselves Klingon enthusiasts, despite whatever Fed characters we have or despite whatever arbitrary numbers were presented.

-J
    edited June 2012
    hank900 wrote:

It''s easy to tell us to be quiet if your faction is getting the lion's share of Dev attention, with new OP ships every month and this goodie and that.

As majesticmsfc, the Fed players should come down from their hill and help their KDF bretheren to get the Dev attention they need, since this does not only benefit their faction, but the game as a whole.

By now we have the Cryptic made Us vs Them fight, which damages the game.
    edited June 2012
    I'd probably still play this game if it were Starfleet Online...

... oh, wait. it already IS Starfleet Online!

I prefer the KDF mini-game the best, though. ;)
    edited June 2012
    This is part of the problem isn't it? Federation players coming in and saying to us that we should be happy with what we got. It easy to say that from a top of the hill in the palace to the starving people living in tents below. I am not trying to be insulting and I apologise if I come across that way, but instead of saying be happy with what you got, if Federation players would only help their KDF brothers and sisters in bringing this to Cryptic's attention and stating they'd like to see the KDF side developed more rather than to see Federation content then we wouldn't be in this state now would we? If more and more people want to see this game to continue to be developed we need to encourage Cryptic just working on the one faction is not the way to do it.

I play KDF 90% of the time. so you know.
    edited June 2012
    While I appreciate what you're trying to achieve with this post, it comes across as arrogantly insulting.

"Be greatful(sic)"? NO, actually. The KDF was originally slated to be a full second faction, to the tune of Alliance vs. Horde. That's what drew me in, and that's what made me preorder. The development of the KDF into a PvP-only faction was resisted but ultimately fell into prior to launch, with promises of making it better.

I've paid for this game and my time in it; I don't need to be grateful for F2P. F2P does nothing for me, as I am happy to pay for a product that satisfies me.

I'm grateful for my time in the game. I'm grateful for the remarkable achievements Cryptic has accomplished. But as a KDF player, I am every bit justified in my stance where to a degree I am owed - not because I specifically feel that Cryptic owes me anything, mind you, but rather because there is a bar that has been set, and KDF is currently below it. In that sense, I will applaud Cryptic's outstanding efforts to meet and exceed that bar, but it's also what they should be doing in the first place. Just as we don't often clap for someone successfully crossing the street, we do sometimes shout at them to correct their walk when the do it out of turn, or offer ways to make it better.

Other points, very valid ones, point that although Starfleet has met and exceeded the above-mentioned bar, over time it too has lapsed and now both factions are waiting for more. KDF and FED both are in need of more content (I don't mean more ships or starbases, I mean stuff to DO, like missions, and FEs in particular). But what does that mean for the game when the bar, ever-rising in the genre, is starting to outpace the infusion of content?

Oh, and by the way... if this actually was "Starfleet online" (minus the KDF), I wouldn't be playing it. Had it been "Klingon online," however, I'd have subscribed to it, even if only to take a good, close look at what it was. We may not be the majority, but I'm betting there are a lot of us who would proudly consider ourselves Klingon enthusiasts, despite whatever Fed characters we have or despite whatever arbitrary numbers were presented.

-J

INSULTING, don't think so. Its a game everyone. Have fun with it. All these posts are not getting us anywhere there are other ways to get what we want. I happen to play KDF 90% of the time with my Own KDF fleet. If you want to have a debate about it, call me.
    edited June 2012
    Hawks wrote: »
    It''s easy to tell us to be quiet if your faction is getting the lion's share of Dev attention, with new OP ships every month and this goodie and that.

As majesticmsfc, the Fed players should come down from their hill and help their KDF bretheren to get the Dev attention they need, since this does not only benefit their faction, but the game as a whole.

By now we have the Cryptic made Us vs Them fight, which damages the game.

You all think I am FED only, I did not say that. I play KDF most the time, would Ilike to see more, of course. I do it different than most. CBS could say no to everything and you not even know it. My first post was no where near an insult, and to be said it was, was childish to say the least. I'm old enough to know the difference. Thanks for all your input everyone, my point was for ALL OF US to stop complaining about it and write the DEVs a nice letter stating what you want. Id be happy to get on a team speak and debait it with you anytime. send me the IP address.
  • branmakmorrnbranmakmorrn Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thanks for all your input everyone, my point was for ALL OF US to stop complaining about it and write the DEVs a nice letter stating what you want.

There was actually a KDF player organization, just after launch, that was committed to such types of bargaining with the devs. If I'm not mistaken, there were a couple.

All failed. There's no asking nicely with these people, when we do, we get mislead and lied to and strung along. Two years + running now.

Money talks and BS walks, that's why CS talks with it's Fed playerbase and walks on its KDF playerbase.
  • bitemepwebitemepwe Member Posts: 6,760 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All I hear is, " yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda
    I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda
    I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda and thats how its suppossed to be yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda get uased to it klink yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda"
    Leonard Nimoy, Spock.....:(

R.I.P
    edited June 2012

I am positive that I am no longer sure it will get better.
    Between the Cryptic responses from teh Devs on how there is always a need to shore-up some aspect of the game for the level-capped, mid-leveled, low-leveled, 10% paying custoemr that keep STO afloat, the majority, the etc etc and the feds constantly telling us our place is final and we should be happy that Cryptic deemed to give a targ flop about us at all I no longer have the hope that we will see anything but more agnostic fed-leaning endgame content and sales attempts to leech off the majority while ignoring a customer base that clamors for attention and a want to spend on thier fandom.
    We KDf mau not be the biggest revenue draw in STO but we are a revenue source none the less and to completely wash thier Cryptic hands of us is stupid wether in the short term or the long term.

R.I.P
  • mirrorseacatmirrorseacat Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    bitemepwe wrote: »
    I am positive that I am no longer sure it will get better.
    Between the Cryptic responses from teh Devs on how there is always a need to shore-up some aspect of the game for the level-capped, mid-leveled, low-leveled, 10% paying custoemr that keep STO afloat, the majority, the etc etc and the feds constantly telling us our place is final and we should be happy that Cryptic deemed to give a targ flop about us at all I no longer have the hope that we will see anything but more agnostic fed-leaning endgame content and sales attempts to leech off the majority while ignoring a customer base that clamors for attention and a want to spend on thier fandom.
    We KDf mau not be the biggest revenue draw in STO but we are a revenue source none the less and to completely wash thier Cryptic hands of us is stupid wether in the short term or the long term.

Oh thanke goodness, I was hoping you made it in Roach. How did you get your old avatar in the footer btw?

*I HATE having to go around as Mirrorseacat! I have used the name Seacat for years! Its part of my blasted personality!
    edited June 2012
    Oh thanke goodness, I was hoping you made it in Roach. How did you get your old avatar in the footer btw?

*I HATE having to go around as Mirrorseacat! I have used the name Seacat for years! Its part of my blasted personality!

I may not be staying long.
    Just edit your signature. the option to add a pic is in there. Also grandnagus1 has a thread on the subject.

R.I.P
    edited June 2012
    I may not be staying long.
    Just edit your signature. the option to add a pic is in there. Also grandnagus1 has a thread on the subject.

Thank You, and believe me...about the only thing that kept me around since beta was hope and my LTS. I wonder...will my LTS be enough to keep me now?
  • shelevshelev Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    All I hear is, " yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda
    I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda
    I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda and thats how its suppossed to be yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda get uased to it klink yadda yadda yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda yadda I'm special and Cryptic shows it yadda yadda Be quiet Klink yadda yadda learn you place in the new fed order klink yadda yadda Cryptic can't help you klink, they must service me yadda yadda I'm special yadda yadda"

Thats what I tend to get from some of the more vocal KDF people, they seriously seem to think if the world doesn't revolve around them or there faction choice its not good enough yet.

I remember the same KDF going "zomg we need science ships!!!" until they got the gorn ships (lol gorns do science wtf). Then the same people awhile down the road have there panties in a twist when FEDs get carriers and complain about uniqueness or being "non-canon" btw point out to me the canon sources for the vo-quv, karfi, or any klink/klink related carrier I'd be interested to see that, only canon sources on carriers I know of are Delta-quadrant stuff from Voyager mostly Kazon and the like.

What does the KDF "need" I am not talking "it would be nice to have more missions" EVERYONE wants more missions, not just the KDF, not just the FED's, and not just the non-existant other factions that want them anyhow... EVERYONE!
    Do they need ships? "no" they have there bases covered, they could use a raptor refit admittedly but I don't see any massive holes, they got dps and support ships in a variety of setups through the levels.
    Are they missing a crucial feature, such as not having an auction house, not having enough content to realistically level up with, parts of the UI missing, etc? Besides some graphical recycling I don't see much in this department, I feel the KDF could use an FE or two but overall nothing major/"needed".

So what then does the KDF "need"? The same stuff the FED's "need", or anyone else regardless of faction "needs"... More stuff to do. PVP revamp is in the works "supposedly", new pve missions are coming in tandem with starbases, all of this is cross faction.

"But FEDs have more than I do!!! /cry"
    Orly? Who cares, in any game with multiple factions one faction will always have more or less than another unless they are mirrors/copies and the factions serve nothing more than a uniform change for deciding who's on teamA and B.

I mean the biggest KDF thing that "needs" to happen would be the decloaking on npc hails, which is just dumb but apparently part of the engine and so likely hard to work around.

Aslong as they continue to produce "neutral" content, I don't see the big issue. Sure I want more, everyone wants more, and will ALWAYS want more, that doesn't mean its "needed".
    If anything the giant vocal maw of "zomg KDF sucks" likely drives off more players from sticking with/trying the KDF than anything cryptic has/hasn't done short of them saying "you get an iwin button if you roll KDF".
    edited June 2012
    Thank You, and believe me...about the only thing that kept me around since beta was hope and my LTS. I wonder...will my LTS be enough to keep me now?

An interesting question, can the LTS keep a down trodden player intersted in STO.

I would say no. I have a LTS and I haven't played in a while. I plan to attempt to log into the game later today and if that fails, I just may not return.

R.I.P
    edited June 2012
    shelev wrote: »

What does the KDF "need"

So what then does the KDF "need"?

I mean the biggest KDF thing that "needs" to happen would be

A complete faction level of PvE play that makes sense instead of a hit or miss assortment of PVE missions and a lot of monster play PvP mission that require no thinking and offer no storyline.

A complete faction of PvE missions that immerse the KDF player into STO and demostrates why the KDF is what it is in the year 2409.

A complete faction of PvE missions that allows the KDF player to at least feel a connection to the faction as a whole instead of glorified mosnter play and the picture of imcomplete.

Endgame is the big priority right now and is what is being fleshed out to give all the players something to do. That doesn't allieviate the issue that the KDf is incomplete and offers a crappy level of immersion and gameplay.

Then again the need for KDF completion is going to fall on deaf fed ears anyways and Cryptic is following them so closely that if the feds came to a sudden stop...... well it would be a dark smelly day for Cryptic.

R.I.P
  • voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Thats what I tend to get from some of the more vocal KDF people, they seriously seem to think if the world doesn't revolve around them or there faction choice its not good enough yet.

I remember the same KDF going "zomg we need science ships!!!" until they got the gorn ships (lol gorns do science wtf). Then the same people awhile down the road have there panties in a twist when FEDs get carriers and complain about uniqueness or being "non-canon" btw point out to me the canon sources for the vo-quv, karfi, or any klink/klink related carrier I'd be interested to see that, only canon sources on carriers I know of are Delta-quadrant stuff from Voyager mostly Kazon and the like.

What does the KDF "need" I am not talking "it would be nice to have more missions" EVERYONE wants more missions, not just the KDF, not just the FED's, and not just the non-existant other factions that want them anyhow... EVERYONE!

The Issue isn't simply a matter of "More Missions". The Feds have 40+ missions, unique to them that flesh out their place in the universe and how they fit into the larger STO storyline. 40+ missions that you can only get if you roll a FED toon. This makes it easy to justify rolling a FED toon and you get something unique for your experience. The KDF get Whopping total of 9 missions. That is hardly enough to Understand the KDF or its place in the larger storyline.

You also can not play a KDF player upon signing up for STO, nor from level 1, but instead must start out from level 20.

This is the things the KDF needs. With regards to mission content, I am not looking for a 1:1 ratio, but 40+ to 9 is horrible.

As it stands there is No reason to roll a KDF toon. None, other then blind loyalty. Which is why you have the KDF playerbase you do. They pretty much all play because they love the KDF.

If you want a "need", the KDF needs a reason to play. Why would someone play a KDF if they have a level 24 character they already invested in. This and not the lastest "Shiny" is what the KDF players are arguing about.
    edited June 2012
    The Issue isn't simply a matter of "More Missions". The Feds have 40+ missions, unique to them that flesh out their place in the universe and how they fit into the larger STO storyline. 40+ missions that you can only get if you roll a FED toon. This makes it easy to justify rolling a FED toon and you get something unique for your experience. The KDF get Whopping total of 9 missions. That is hardly enough to Understand the KDF or its place in the larger storyline.

You also can not play a KDF player upon signing up for STO, nor from level 1, but instead must start out from level 20.

This is the things the KDF needs. With regards to mission content, I am not looking for a 1:1 ratio, but 40+ to 9 is horrible.

As it stands there is No reason to roll a KDF toon. None, other then blind loyalty. Which is why you have the KDF playerbase you do. They pretty much all play because they love the KDF.

If you want a "need", the KDF needs a reason to play. Why would someone play a KDF if they have a level 24 character they already invested in. This and not the lastest "Shiny" is what the KDF players are arguing about.

Ten thousand times this ^ it just seems like such common sense, if you want players to play as Klingon then let them start. If it had been available when F2P happened the Kdf would be much bigger now.

Of course the catch is "If you want players to play as Klingon"
  • shelevshelev Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    A complete faction level of PvE play that makes sense instead of a hit or miss assortment of PVE missions and a lot of monster play PvP mission that require no thinking and offer no storyline.

A complete faction of PvE missions that immerse the KDF player into STO and demostrates why the KDF is what it is in the year 2409.

A complete faction of PvE missions that allows the KDF player to at least feel a connection to the faction as a whole instead of glorified mosnter play and the picture of imcomplete.

Endgame is the big priority right now and is what is being fleshed out to give all the players something to do. That doesn't allieviate the issue that the KDf is incomplete and offers a crappy level of immersion and gameplay.

Then again the need for KDF completion is going to fall on deaf fed ears anyways and Cryptic is following them so closely that if the feds came to a sudden stop...... well it would be a dark smelly day for Cryptic.

And do you feel the FED's have this, or that anything remotely boarding this within any Cryptic game? I'm all for goals and aiming high or whatever but really where does that exist?

FED pve missions rarely make sense, theres afew series that flow well the latest jem hadar set being a good example but even alot of fed missions feel incomplete or just "what am I even doing?" much like most of the KDF missions I've played.

Explaining why the KDF is what it is, do they even do that for FED's? I mean all they basically say is "theres a war with the klinks, the borg are balls deep in our space, jump in your miranda and save the day!".

"connection to the faction"? Again how/where is this for anyone? I'm supposedly an admiral but mostly I just take orders from most any body to do random things, or I have to manually go tinker around with someones computer because they are dumb... er I mean solve a puzzle.

Like I said everyone "wants" more missions, more story, more just "ooo thats cool" sorta stuff. But from a purely mechanical gameplay perspective what does the KDF lack, what do they "need".
    Imagine the KDF is stranded in a desert without any supplies, what do they need? They need food, water, and shelter. What I'm trying to point out is that they (the KDF) have the proverbial food, water, and shelter, sure that guy on the next sand dune over has more food, water, and shelter but you are both gonna live through this.

I seriously doubt Cryptic could deliver on what you are wanting, even if they really really wanted to and were compelled by force, money, or any other motivating factor.
    edited June 2012
    And do you feel the FED's have this, or that anything remotely boarding this within any Cryptic game? I'm all for goals and aiming high or whatever but really where does that exist?
    the feds have a damn sight more to do than the KDf does and yes, it does point the player towards the why, what and where-to of thier existance and purpose in STO. They may have some vague reasoning on why you are at war, or why the Borg are balls deep into the feds, but at least you have some reasoning or at least attempt there-of.

The KDF has 9 excellent missions that does nothing to explain why we are at war, why we hunt the Undine, Why we fight the Borg.
    We 4 missions that let us fight the Romulans and a foiled assassination attempt that finally leads to an attack on the federation.
    We 4 missions that lets us fight the reurn of the Feklyr becuase they ahve returned for some unexpalined and never returned to reason.
    we get a mission that lets us fight some Hirogen and save a BoP crew & captain.
    the rest of what we have is filler XP/BXP/DL missions with no story and no set locations that requires us to ietehr die or kill something "x" amount of times.
    The lastly we have access to the FEs and agnostic missions of the STFs.
    All neatly shoved in to a small leveling experience for the sake of "not having time or resources " to expand upon it, but they may get back to it later.

Compared to the feds, yes, we KDF fans have been left to lanquish on PvE without even the option to start at level 1 so those of us whom wish to relive the KDF experiecne could indulge in some Alts creations.

Nothing that you OR anybody can say or ANY evidence that can be brought up can convinve me otherwise that the KDf needs completion or that such a completion would not help the life of STO.

Frankly my asking for it is no skin off your nose at all and I fail to see why in the KDF specific section of the forums is such a big deal to you or any fed fan, its not as if they have not already stated they you fans are the main attraction and will get the lions share of the attention.
    So why the constant telling us of what we should be happy and accept when we constantly have stated that we will not accept it and expect to have that one day complete faction experience that we curerently do not have to enjoy?

R.I.P
  • darkenzedddarkenzedd Member Posts: 881
    edited June 2012
    Totally off topic, but I love your new username Roach! :biggrin:
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2012

FED pve missions rarely make sense, theres afew series that flow well the latest jem hadar set being a good example but even alot of fed missions feel incomplete or just "what am I even doing?" much like most of the KDF missions I've played.

Explaining why the KDF is what it is, do they even do that for FED's? I mean all they basically say is "theres a war with the klinks, the borg are balls deep in our space, jump in your miranda and save the day!".

"connection to the faction"? Again how/where is this for anyone? I'm supposedly an admiral but mostly I just take orders from most any body to do random things, or I have to manually go tinker around with someones computer because they are dumb... er I mean solve a puzzle.

Like I said everyone "wants" more missions, more story, more just "ooo thats cool" sorta stuff. But from a purely mechanical gameplay perspective what does the KDF lack, what do they "need".
    Imagine the KDF is stranded in a desert without any supplies, what do they need? They need food, water, and shelter. What I'm trying to point out is that they (the KDF) have the proverbial food, water, and shelter, sure that guy on the next sand dune over has more food, water, and shelter but you are both gonna live through this.

I seriously doubt Cryptic could deliver on what you are wanting, even if they really really wanted to and were compelled by force, money, or any other motivating factor.

Try playing the KDF awhile, and see how it goes.

See how new ships, and content flows in for the Feds and little to nothing for KDF,

Basically you are saying.. TRIBBLE balance... a 'smart and fair' assessment.

OH and go look at your Fed Forums and watch that constant whine-fest of GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME SOMETHING NEW!! .. the same day they get something new.
    :eek:
    edited June 2012
    darkenzedd wrote: »
    Totally off topic, but I love your new username Roach! :biggrin:

I let my anger move my fingers and this happened.
    I would ahve prefered Roach (was taken) or Ghargh (also taken).
    I even tried several others including Mrs. Thelma Wiggins of manchester (too long),FuzzyWinkerClam (denied) and RidgedforPleasure (also taken).

R.I.P
  • captainbmoneycaptainbmoney Member Posts: 1,323 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    thank you for bringing this thread back up. I'm glad to see PF updated this.

Like my fanpage!
    https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBMoney913