test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advantages of being Female

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Ten Forward
The advantages to having a female toon, especially if they are Orion are as follows
> during stf's, male toons run to my aid when I go down, and they like it when a beautiful face raises them up after they themselves, go down. I never leave a male and continue the mission, no. I always watch to see if i can help our band of brothers. The result of my love and care is returned to me. I am a fierce warrior and can carry my own and more. When the men see me jumping on Borg like a wild cat, they respond by becoming supermen. We kill Borg like ants and coordinate our efforts in defeating the bosses. Yes being female definitely has advantages. Yes I am talking about the elite setting.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Are you serious?

When I had some... issues with my girls the gentlemen here on the forum would give me advice that most of them do not care if we are girls or boys, we are Captains all the same!

I was told that if we did not appear to be targets then no one would harrass us or anything, and it's true. No longer a factor now.

I thought this was great advice from them because frankly, I don't care either. We're here to play Starfleet, not get distracted by archaic Earth psychology.

Based on that I no longer base my in-game behaviour (roleplays, friendships, etc) on gender-related issues but evaluate based on actual team and combat performance. Most of my STO contacts are guys now and I like it that way. Fair number of actual military or naval officers too and I love learning about command and strategy from them as we play.

Being gender-indistinguishable is good for large Fleet operations as it helps everyone attain a fair playing field and concentrate on achieving excellence in teamwork, be they men or women.

Fair for all, free for all :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    carmenara wrote:
    Are you serious?

When I had some... issues with my girls the gentlemen here on the forum would give me advice that most of them do not care if we are girls or boys, we are Captains all the same!

I thought this was great advice from them because frankly, I don't care either. We're here to play Starfleet, not get distracted by archaic Earth psychology.

Based on that I no longer base my in-game behaviour (roleplays, friendships, etc) on gender-related issues but evaluate based on actual team and combat performance. Most of my STO contacts are guys now and I like it that way. Fair number of actual military or naval officers too and I love learning about command and strategy from them as we play.

Fair for all, free for all :D
    You must have an ugly toon. Men appreciate beauty as much as women do and less clothing is best. the result is as I have stated.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    You must have an ugly toon. Men appreciate beauty as much as women do and less clothing is best. the result is as I have stated.

Nomex tactical suit all the time with as much ballistic armour plating as possible. I don't like exploding consoles and I don't like taking penetrating wounds or phaser burns. The only time the boots and stockings come out to play is when I go out IRL :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    A little late for April Fools aren't you? Heck we spend most of the game in our ships.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Lol This thread has just cheered me up to no ends lol :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    carmenara wrote:
    Nomex tactical suit all the time with as much ballistic armour plating as possible. I don't like exploding consoles and I don't like taking penetrating wounds or phaser burns. The only time the boots and stockings come out to play is when I go out IRL :)

Ok now I understand why men don't respond to you the way they do me. Sweetheart, I have the best gear in the game, mk xii set, so your gear means nothing when it comes to being able to make men appreciate you. My gear in hidden but my skin is not. Run an Orion girl and ill show you how to put makeup on, g-string and garter and still be ubber.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ReginaMala wrote: »
    A little late for April Fools aren't you? Heck we spend most of the game in our ships.

Nope, no joke.
    It's how the OP thinks.
    Look at this thread and you'll see what I mean.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=212745
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    mister_dee wrote:
    Nope, no joke.
    It's how the OP thinks.
    Look at this thread and you'll see what I mean.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=212745

Strangely I work very well leading PUG STFs...

Got to 'offer' collaboration before a team trusts oneself enough to allow 'command authority'. Things like asking "L/R?" in Cure or Infected. I also like to ask "[Ship name] requesting targeting info" get the PUG team to start talking to you and in turn allow you to implement superior tactical cohesion.

I always assume the team wants to succeed in the mission and individually have some idea of how they want to achieve victory - and I want to integrate those individual plans with the whole. End of the day while I have strong ideas of how to achieve task force synergy, I want the PUGs themselves to tell me where they want my torpedoes to go, to empower them to achieve greater things and easier comms next round. It's more effective!

Can't just warp in, start ordering people around randomly and expect others to follow.

Believe me, there is no gender discrimination in this.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The Gentlemen out here (and there are many of us) will run to the aid of ANY downed officer (although I admit that I run quickest to the aid of one specific Vulcan collegue).
    Gender has NOTHING to do with it
    and the outfits for orion women are not far off Dodgy .
    My own Klingon character does have an Orion woman on the crew (engineering post) I would much rather put her in Trousers and a uniform top
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    carmenara wrote:
    Strangely I work very well leading PUG STFs...

Got to 'offer' collaboration before a team trusts oneself enough to allow 'command authority'. Things like asking "L/R?" in Cure or Infected. I also like to ask "[Ship name] requesting targeting info" get the PUG team to start talking to you and in turn allow you to implement superior tactical cohesion.

I always assume the team wants to succeed in the mission and individually have some idea of how they want to achieve victory - and I want to integrate those individual plans with the whole. End of the day while I have strong ideas of how to achieve task force synergy, I want the PUGs themselves to tell me where they want my torpedoes to go, to empower them to achieve greater things and easier comms next round. It's more effective!

Can't just warp in, start ordering people around randomly and expect others to follow.

Believe me, there is no gender discrimination in this.

This is probably one of the most sensible posts on how to work together in a pickup group I've read in a looong time.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I don't like space, it's boring to me. like the fierceness of ground fighting and was giving a reason as to why females have an advantage. You can do what you want with your bridge officers, but my fleet will be beautiful and sexy with the beast gear and least amount of clothing on. And I will tell you this ----> we are appreciated for being female and liking it.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I don't like space, it's boring to me. like the fierceness of ground fighting and was giving a reason as to why females have an advantage. You can do what you want with your bridge officers, but my fleet will be beautiful and sexy with the beast gear and least amount of clothing on. And I will tell you this ----> we are appreciated for being female and liking it.

Too funny!!

Fine, you do all the dirty work on ground while I continue to make epic Galactica style movies up in the heavens. Might make a good team here! :D

But... I will keep my Starship Troopers powered armour on, thanks!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    There's one in every forum.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Epic Winning...
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    LOL Serious?

/facepalm
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    nobody cares if you toon is male or whatever, most tend to just accept it's a guy playing a girl.

MMORPG = Many Men Online Role-Playing Girls
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have to agree with the OP. Same here. Too bad I found ground combat boring and unwanted. But when I got to it, I'll damn prefer to stare at Orion butts instead of starfleet blokes.

The effect is multiplied if I can take my Boffs :)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Gurian wrote:
    nobody cares if you toon is male or whatever, most tend to just accept it's a guy playing a girl.

^^^ This. This thread's an entertaining read though. Especially the crack about Mk XII gear.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Gurian wrote:

To quote a certain animated character: "This is so educational!"
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Hang over 1 was way funnier than Hang over 2.

wait this the wrong thread.
    my bad.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Roach wrote: »
    Hang over 1 was way funnier than Hang over 2.

wait this the wrong thread.
    my bad.

Is it though? Is it really the wrong thread? I mean think about the implications of waking up next to the OP missing a tooth while a sehlat wanders around your ready room? You don't even remember completing that STF, let alone getting the rare salvage you needed. But then the OP steps in to discuss how amazing men are to him in completing those missions -- in her best Mike Tyson voice.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I don't like taking penetrating wounds or phaser burns.

Be careful where you point that Phaser Lance, sugar.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    sollvax wrote:
    My own Klingon character does have an Orion woman on the crew (engineering post) I would much rather put her in Trousers and a uniform top

My main KDF character IS an Orion female... I play her as being raised in a Klingon House, with her own spin on being an "Honorable Warrior"... and she's never running around in a chainmail bikini. She's tough, she's smart, and she has the complete devotion of her crew.

Though if I had to do it over, I would've rolled a Gorn (if the Gorn had been fixed up right when I was rolling a KDF). As a guy rp-ing a girl, I would never be comfortable playing a seductive vamp and I don't even try.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The first thing you see when you wake up from a punishing Borg bolt, is a beautiful Orion girls face, are you seriously telling me you would rather have a man standing over you?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The first thing you see when you wake up from a punishing Borg bolt, is a beautiful Orion girls face, are you seriously telling me you would rather have a man standing over you?
    Unless she is holding a sandwich. Yes... Yes I would prefer a man. :D

Totally worth it getting that out of my system.
    Pure satisfaction. :o
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Chat wrote:
    Unless she is holding a sandwich. Yes... Yes I would prefer a man. :D

Totally worth it getting that out of my system.
    Pure satisfaction. :o

is a man with a sandwich the critical success outcome then?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    superchum wrote: »
    Is it though? Is it really the wrong thread? I mean think about the implications of waking up next to the OP missing a tooth while a sehlat wanders around your ready room? You don't even remember completing that STF, let alone getting the rare salvage you needed. But then the OP steps in to discuss how amazing men are to him in completing those missions -- in her best Mike Tyson voice.

Maybe you are right. I do often wake up to Orion women next to me, often hung-over though the Targs have all thier teeth (as do the tribbles) and left wondering what the events of the night before held or involved.
    The only voice that greets me stepping into the room is my Female Borg bridge officer commenting on the hour of the day, the events that need be done in service to the Empire and why the room smells like it was filled with rutting targs and blood wine.
    The the 3-4 Orion women who slept in my bed leave and we all get back to work. The targs do what ever the targs do.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    is a man with a sandwich the critical success outcome then?
    Yes. But I generally don't trust a man to cook for me... I'm still having nightmares from when my ex burned meatballs in the microwave. Horrible nightmares.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Chat wrote:
    Yes. But I generally don't trust a man to cook for me... I'm still having nightmares from when my ex burned meatballs in the microwave. Horrible nightmares.

His poor balls of meat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I do not allow such contraptions on my ship for that very reason and becuase my Gorn crew likes thier hamsters warm.
    Makes a horrible mess and the smell is worse.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

If it mattered between life and death....I'd take anybody who would give a damn to help me out.

That even means waking up after getting shot to Richard Simmons saying, "Come on man, you got to sweat off that Plasma Bolt!!!"
This discussion has been closed.