What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Advantages of being Female

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You say women of substance don't pursue their ambitions using base methods. wow, how do you know? I talked to several dancers at a nite club and they told me there were doing it to pay there college tuition. Women have always use there advantages(bodies) to propel there business ambitions. What about super models? There are billion dollar business promoting the female physique. Are you telling me the female on the cover of "Sports Illustrated" isn't in a position of power? P.S. if this were boxing .... you just got knocked out!!!:cool:

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Alecto

Again, I'm not saying looking attractive isn't useful, i'm saying it shouldn't be the sole ambition of a woman nor should it be the only asset she relies on. A woman stripping to pay for college is different than a woman that just strips because she doesn't have ambition to do anything else.

Do you understand the distinction i'm making?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    When I see a female toon I presume it's a man playing.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

It doesn't matter how smexy you are so long as you make a good sammich? :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    This thread is getting very interesting ...

Grabs popcorn to watch girl fight :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Again, I'm not saying looking attractive isn't useful, i'm saying it shouldn't be the sole ambition of a woman nor should it be the only asset she relies on. A woman stripping to pay for college is different than a woman that just strips because she doesn't have ambition to do anything else.

Who said it is the only asset women use? oh yea you. Oh how little you know of the female perspective of surviving in a male dominated world. Let us meet and then report.:)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    jkstocbr wrote:
    This thread is getting very interesting ...

Grabs popcorn to watch girl fight :p

I'll see your girl fight and raise you Star Trek Catfight! :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    For a brief, brief moment I thought there was some chance for an actual intellectual and objective discussion of this topic. Now back to your regularly scheduled trollbaiting.

(Also... 'cute'? Hast thou internalized paternalizations much? Pfff. I waste my time. :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    drikkehorn wrote:
    (Also... 'cute'? Hast thou internalized paternalizations much? Pfff. I waste my time. :rolleyes:)

You're over analyzing again... I wasn't trying to argue with you, nor did I really feel the need to engage you in intellectual discourse.. I was merely clarifying my point that a woman should be more than just looks.

I've actually befriended Triangulum_Phoenix in game tonight, we chatted a bit, she helped me makeover my Orion and I watched her solo an elite STF boss... so she is officially awesome and not at all what I prematurely judged her to be.. so yay for hot Orion avatars!

:P
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Wait... Someone came to Ten Forward looking for an intelligent discussion? :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bobservo wrote:
    Wait... Someone came to Ten Forward looking for an intelligent discussion? :eek:
    It started in General Community Feedback where the intelligent discussions such as Gender Swap tokens and complaints about shield nerfs take place.
    :):p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Chat wrote:
    It started in General Community Feedback where the intelligent discussions such as Gender Swap tokens and complaints about shield nerfs take place.
    :):p

If that's the case, shouldn't this thread have been filled with even more nonsensical things by now? :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I think what I draw from this thread are women are awesome and they look good at the same time.

/win win
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    There's a general wishful thinking that female player toon in STO is actually real female....

The guys just want them to be real female. Perhaps it is instinct you know male race to win over that attractive[alpha] looking female...so even though STO is a game and the female is virtual and in all possibility might have been a real life male...the mating instinct in the love depraved males is to go after them.

:) Meh it's a well known behavior. That's why I never take a female toon. I do not want some guy trying to hit on me in chat. I'm a straight male afterall.

That's why too I never and will never dance to a half naked Orion female toon ever.:rolleyes:

Others may jump at the chance me it's too weird and because in all likelihood that half naked super sexy Orion female toon is a male.

The real females who play STO are usually well reserved to male toons. You know they try to keep their distance. There's big chance that toon is a female but I'm not taking my chances besides I play to enjoy the game not to find a date.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The one Definate female player I know has only one character (who wears DS9 medical uniform and a bun hair style and looks at least 60)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I think what I draw from this thread are women are awesome and they look good at the same time.

/win win

yes, yes, yes that is all I am tryn to say. Female toons are awesome and look good being awesome. Many men who have female toons are covering them with male looking gear and are justifying it with silly intellectual jargon. They say being a dancer is shallow and when you get down to it, they mean females shouldn't try to be female. Huh? are you serious? No. Take it off,less is best,show some skin, and do what females do best, look good and hot.:p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Female toons are awesome and look good being awesome.

Do you have any data or numbers to back that up?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    superchum wrote: »
    Do you need any other data than "left boob", "right boob"?

... Ah that was terrible of me. :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Chat wrote:
    Do you need any other data than "left boob", "right boob"?

... Ah that was terrible of me. :D

what ?huh?

Sorry was distracted by *****?!? What was the topic again?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    superchum wrote: »

Perhaps she can show a female Tellarite in a mirror universe uniform to back up her claims.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Bobservo wrote:
    Perhaps she can show a female Tellarite in a mirror universe uniform to back up her claims.

Two thumbs way up on that idea!

;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I don't play a female character, and never have. Just feels weird ... and they run funny :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    jkstocbr wrote:
    I don't play a female character, and never have. Just feels weird ... and they run funny :p

You know the running animation is based on which character stance you choose in the tailor; there are three female stances to choose from, all of which once selected consequently force your character to "run funny"... lol
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Alecto wrote: »
    You know the running animation is based on which character stance you choose in the tailor; there are three female stances to choose from, all of which once selected consequently force your character to "run funny"... lol

Thanks for the tip! But I still think they all run funny... in RL also :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Alecto wrote: »
    You know the running animation is based on which character stance you choose in the tailor;

Which is a little odd when you want to use something other than one of those 3 stances (two of which are totally inappropriate for a Starfleet Officer) but don't want to run like you're slouching.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    jkstocbr wrote:
    Thanks for the tip! But I still think they all run funny... in RL also :p

I always see them running away from me too...
    -hugs-
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Ok, so after getting the gist of this thread, I gather that my best chances for getting male officers running to run to me to get healed is to be a ferengi female star-fleet officer with massive lobes. :P Am I right folks?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Ok, so after getting the gist of this thread, I gather that my best chances for getting male officers running to run to me to get healed is to be a ferengi female star-fleet officer with massive lobes. :P Am I right folks?

I thought large lobes were a male trait of the Ferengi.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    AAA2513 wrote:
    I thought large lobes were a male trait of the Ferengi.

For Ferengi females, the phrase "less is better" applies in all cases.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    could anyone copy OP thread cus i cant see what she said she is on my ignore list tho i dont remeber why but if someone is on my list its for a good reason.

but id say if they know ur a girl u doo get treated nicer becuase 90% are guys.
    for this reason is why my charaters in wow are girls with girls names u will not belive how much better u get treated when people think its a gurl.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadDog0000 wrote:
    could anyone copy OP thread cus i cant see what she said she is on my ignore list tho i dont remeber why but if someone is on my list its for a good reason.

why not just click the view post button on the right of the post. they wont come off your ignore list. easier than having people copy and past stuff.
This discussion has been closed.