Install Arc
Options

Advantages of being Female

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    MadDog0000 wrote:
    u will not belive how much better u get treated when people think its a gurl.

-googles "gurl"-
    :eek: So it's more fear than attraction, then?
    -waddles away in terror-
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    why not just click the view post button on the right of the post. they wont come off your ignore list. easier than having people copy and past stuff.

ty man i missed that must be blind

ps wish i hadnt read the OP's
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The advantages to having a female toon, especially if they are Orion are as follows
    > during stf's, male toons run to my aid when I go down, and they like it when a beautiful face raises them up after they themselves, go down. I never leave a male and continue the mission, no. I always watch to see if i can help our band of brothers. The result of my love and care is returned to me. I am a fierce warrior and can carry my own and more. When the men see me jumping on Borg like a wild cat, they respond by becoming supermen. We kill Borg like ants and coordinate our efforts in defeating the bosses. Yes being female definitely has advantages. Yes I am talking about the elite setting.

Ah the oldest lure of online MMO, there is a game called Ragnarok Online that elvated the gender clash to new heights. There are many ladies, teenage girls, and everything in between that do play MMO's - but many are not so revealing of their gender.

It works likes this, many decent female players rarely notify others of their true sexual orientation due to the nature of the male populace online - and for good reason. Others do reveal themselves but only to friends and kind folks that will respect them for gamers.

Then there are those that are female and will play uitlizing their strengths, there female attractiveness via toons etc... be forewarned though, this is a double risk since there are males that pose as females via their virtual female avatars for dubious purpose - this is not the case all the time though.

I personally play both male and female toons - and to be honest, as The Most Interesting Man in the world, I prefer to view the back side of my female avatar than their male counterparts, lol. I jest of course :D

but more to the point - I tend to treat players equally regardless of real life Gender.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Playing Aion, I've noticed I tend to get buffs way more often on my female toons. At one point my room-mate tried to prove my theory wrong by pointing out my male toon was buffed while her female toon wasn't and I mentioned that it was because I saved a healer from being double teamed by some mobs.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Need new thread.

Advantages of being Male:
    They can TRIBBLE without getting thrown in jail.

And that was todays totally appropriate gender based joke. :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Chat wrote:
    Need new thread.

Advantages of being Male:
    They can TRIBBLE without getting thrown in jail.

And that was todays totally appropriate gender based joke. :p

women dont TRIBBLE at all, or even actually go to the toilet. all they do is powder their nose for 15 mins.

that is what i choose to believe, ok?

OK??
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Oww... did I miss the "look at me look at me forum?"... darn... :rolleyes: Guess if I wait long enough, a new forum will be made with another "I know everything can do everything" type person.. so I will just make a coffee and then read the 12 newly created forums... :D

At the end of the day this is a game, not a fashion show, not a battle of the sexes, as it was said before mostly everyone who plays assumes they are looking at a male controlled toon in game, regardless of what the toon is... noone cares, all that matters is who is standing at the end of ANY battle, being ground or space.

coming on the forum and saying.. "look at me , what I can do , arn't I great?" ... is doing you more damage then you may think. people who care about this topic.. will unfortunately keep it going, how ever the other 99% will just watch and laugh from afar without making further posts. :o
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Oww... did I miss the "look at me look at me forum?"... darn... :rolleyes: Guess if I wait long enough, a new forum will be made with another "I know everything can do everything" type person.. so I will just make a coffee and then read the 12 newly created forums... :D

At the end of the day this is a game, not a fashion show, not a battle of the sexes, as it was said before mostly everyone who plays assumes they are looking at a male controlled toon in game, regardless of what the toon is... noone cares, all that matters is who is standing at the end of ANY battle, being ground or space.

coming on the forum and saying.. "look at me , what I can do , arn't I great?" ... is doing you more damage then you may think. people who care about this topic.. will unfortunately keep it going, how ever the other 99% will just watch and laugh from afar without making further posts. :o

After being the only one left alive, I was standing over armek's body got my loot and zoned out. Back at ds9 I was just standing there looking especially good with my new warriors skirt on revealing bra and a red white color school girls theme. Suddenly I was surrounded by ten guys offering friendships, some began dancing all around me, some began fighting with each other tryn to be the one who was the closest to me. Regardless of what you say, I was offered 10,000 credits just to dance with a huge Gorn. Being Orion and of associated faction, i accepted the gift and began dancing with the big guy. You can be a boring male fighting and killing things but what do you do after the fighting is over. Yeah your bored and I am not, because I have an advantage being female.;)
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Suddenly I was surrounded by ten guys offering friendships, some began dancing all around me, some began fighting with each other tryn to be the one who was the closest to me. Regardless of what you say, I was offered 10,000 credits just to dance with a huge Gorn. Being Orion and of associated faction, i accepted the gift and began dancing with the big guy.
    Well, ain't that sweet. :rolleyes:

Just because you decide to behave like a prostitute in-game, doesn't mean all the female characters (or players, for that matter) have to.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Roach wrote: »
    Why? I am not a bad man and have not fallen from grace, so much as sauntered gently down and found myself in a land not too different from that I left. :p

Besides, I wish I could talk my Wife into wearing the green body paint, if only once...................

I got the strangest look when i asked my wife :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    ha ha ha ha
    this thread

It is so awful.

A+, good troll
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Who said it is the only asset women use? oh yea you. Oh how little you know of the female perspective of surviving in a male dominated world. Let us meet and then report.:)

Not all us guys lose our ability to think when seeing sexy women.

I was once walking down the streets when a bunch of girls walked up to me and asked me to buy them alcohol.

Despite their most sexy (watched to many movies) attempted to get me to do it I said no.

She called me horrible name and I walked off.
  • Options
    edited April 2012

I was once walking down the streets when a bunch of girls walked up to me and asked me to buy them alcohol.

Despite their most sexy (watched to many movies) attempted to get me to do it I said no.

Correct response. A noble gentleman doesn't need to waste time with those... (insert relevant term here) :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Green lightbulbs. That's all you need. ;)

I would probably laugh at them in addition to saying no. :p I would also return the name calling. Then I would be horribly killed somehow.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    After being the only one left alive, I was standing over armek's body got my loot and zoned out. Back at ds9 I was just standing there looking especially good with my new warriors skirt on revealing bra and a red white color school girls theme. Suddenly I was surrounded by ten guys offering friendships, some began dancing all around me, some began fighting with each other tryn to be the one who was the closest to me. Regardless of what you say, I was offered 10,000 credits just to dance with a huge Gorn. Being Orion and of associated faction, i accepted the gift and began dancing with the big guy. You can be a boring male fighting and killing things but what do you do after the fighting is over. Yeah your bored and I am not, because I have an advantage being female.;)

The things you have to pretend to do for this advantage are pretty scandalous. Thankfully you only have to do that in a virtual world for a video game though. Those advantages come at too high a price.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    hort_wort wrote: »
    Green lightbulbs. That's all you need. ;)

Brilliant, you are a genius. *Runs off to find green vivid*
    hort_wort wrote: »
    I would probably laugh at them in addition to saying no. :p I would also return the name calling. Then I would be horribly killed somehow.

Most likely hairless from all the hair pulling an scratching :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012

As did mine when I showed her one of KirkFats Orions and a jar of edible green body paint.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    As did mine when I showed her one of KirkFats Orions and a jar of edible green body paint.

I can imagine your grin was about the same as your avatars, when you where showing her the jar LOL.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    MadDog0000 wrote:
    could anyone copy OP thread cus i cant see what she said she is on my ignore list tho i dont remeber why but if someone is on my list its for a good reason.

but id say if they know ur a girl u doo get treated nicer becuase 90% are guys.
    for this reason is why my charaters in wow are girls with girls names u will not belive how much better u get treated when people think its a gurl.

Erm... Googled the def of the word "gurl". It says "young person of either gender". Is that how you intended it?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    yes, yes, yes that is all I am tryn to say. Female toons are awesome and look good being awesome. Many men who have female toons are covering them with male looking gear and are justifying it with silly intellectual jargon. They say being a dancer is shallow and when you get down to it, they mean females shouldn't try to be female. Huh? are you serious? No. Take it off,less is best,show some skin, and do what females do best, look good and hot.:p

Well, I have one female alt, Orion Capt. I admit (as someone else here posted) I created her because it's just sweet watching her backside as she runs around (I did a GOOD job heheheh). She usually dresses in the skimpiest Orion costume I could create... but not usually on ship or on away missions... don't want her to freeze, after all. But planetside in the First City she's usually dressed in "less is more" style :D. Except when being promoted.... then she's dressed in her dress uniform.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    superchum wrote: »
    Do you have any data or numbers to back that up?

Sure! 7... as in 7 inches :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Again, I'm not saying looking attractive isn't useful, i'm saying it shouldn't be the sole ambition of a woman nor should it be the only asset she relies on. A woman stripping to pay for college is different than a woman that just strips because she doesn't have ambition to do anything else.

Do you understand the distinction i'm making?

What about a highly intelligent woman who strips because it's what she most enjoys doing? :confused:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Oh my, I seem to have stumbled into THAT part of the internet again. LOL
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Maybe you are right. I do often wake up to Orion women next to me, often hung-over though the Targs have all thier teeth (as do the tribbles) and left wondering what the events of the night before held or involved.
    The only voice that greets me stepping into the room is my Female Borg bridge officer commenting on the hour of the day, the events that need be done in service to the Empire and why the room smells like it was filled with rutting targs and blood wine.
    The the 3-4 Orion women who slept in my bed leave and we all get back to work. The targs do what ever the targs do.

Hopefully not on the floor of your quarters? :eek:
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    lomax6996 wrote:
    Hopefully not on the floor of your quarters? :eek:

More often than I would like to think upon. Nothing worse than the cold-squishy between the toes on a midnight bathroon run in the dark.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I can imagine your grin was about the same as your avatars, when you where showing her the jar LOL.

hehehe yes!
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I would say there's definately an advantage to being female.

You can take your pick of the otakus, nerds and geeks (sometimes all 3 words can be applied for different reasons). :p
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    There is no advantage.

Any perceived advantage is somewhat delusional.

It's war in STO - what matters is DPS and the intelligence to use it right :D
  • Options
    edited April 2012

Somebody succeeded in their Will save vs. Typical Male Reactions.

@Carmenara- Amen

@ The OP- as I mentioned before, I don't really care about any so called advantages to playing a dude or a chick online. As I also mentioned, if somebody picks my *** off the floor during a mission, I don't really care who it is, they get my gratitude.

Whether male, female, mammalian, reptilian, green shinned, purple sknned, or Richard Simmons trying to get me to sweat off the last few pounds, I don't care and I'm sure a lot of others in the forums and in the community don't car either.

And I will also add that I find shaking your virtual bon bon like a green skinned burlesque dancer to be utterly deplorable to any woman with something resembling dignity and integrity.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Seven of Nine Catsuit.

That is all.
This discussion has been closed.