Options

Disabilities suck

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    How is it invalid?

I really dont like the way you keep posting rolleyes, its very disrespectful, almost insulting.

NOT IN STAR TREK thats how and last time I checked silly little pictures werent insulting or respecting anyone.;):rolleyes::D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    How is it invalid?

I really dont like the way you keep posting rolleyes, its very disrespectful, almost insulting.

Those are just glasses with a hood. They wouldn't replace a brain implant that would make a blind person see.

Just like a bicycle wouldn't work instead of a wheelchair for a cripple.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah nice idea!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    NOT IN STAR TREK thats how and last time I checked silly little pictures werent insulting or respecting anyone.;):rolleyes::D

Well I certainly feels like you are trying to insult me. Every comment you make seems to be trying to discredit me in someway and always has rolleyes at the end of it. Have I somehow managed to offend you in some manner?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Well I certainly feels like you are trying to insult me. Every comment you make seems to be trying to discredit me in someway and always has rolleyes at the end of it. Have I somehow managed to offend you in some manner?

Yeah ok now it has to be personal because I ruined your argument ????:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    There was also a wheelchair in one of the Alien movies where a guy dropped a knife onto the wheelchair guys leg. That was quite a few years into the future and yet they still had wheelchairs.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    MegaZer0 wrote: »
    There was also a wheelchair in one of the Alien movies where a guy dropped a knife onto the wheelchair guys leg. That was quite a few years into the future and yet they still had wheelchairs.

We are talking about Star Trek Online and the Star Trek Universe not the Alien Movies
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    NOT IN STAR TREK

I dont ever remember seeing any harpeng torpedos in star trek, I didnt see any cloaked tractor mines, I didnt see any recon sci ships, I didnt see any star cruisers, I certainly didnt see any Hazard emitters.

Its just a game, its NOT REAL LIFE.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    We are talking about Star Trek Online and the Star Trek Universe not the Alien Movies

Where was all the ship to ship healing in Startrek?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Its just a game, its NOT REAL LIFE.

You make a good point. It's a game where you can be a mighty starship captain. Why would you also want to be reminded of real life every time you play by having your character be a cripple in a wheelchair? That's just sad. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

So lets randomly insert 20th Century Tech because they added some 25th Century Tech ??? thats your logic ??? Honestly look at Star Trek for what it is most illness disease and injuries that would cost lasting disabilities are easily treated and the quality of life for all is better.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You make a good point. It's a game where you can be a mighty starship captain. Why would you also want to be reminded of real life every time you play by having your character be a cripple in a wheelchair? That's just sad. :(

Maybe, to you, but thats just to you. To me its symbolizes my strugge though life, and how I've come to terms with it all and overcome lifes difficulties.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So lets randomly insert 20th Century Tech because they added some 25th Century Tech ??? thats your logic ??? Honestly look at Star Trek for what it is most illness disease and injuries that would cost lasting disabilities are easily treated and the quality of life for all is better.

But I never saw and hazard emitters, I never saw transfer shields to your own ship, its not cannon!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Maybe, to you, but thats just to you. To me its symbolizes my strugge though life, and how I've come to terms with it all and overcome lifes difficulties.

Wouldn't that be better represented in STO by your struggle with the Borg and the other big bad guys? I sometimes feel handicapped when I face them so it must feel like being in a wheelchair, right?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    But I never saw and hazard emitters, I never saw transfer shields to your own ship, its not cannon!

You just dont wanna hear any point that disagrees with your own at all.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think floridaguy is wrong.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

That's like saying why do people roleplay in this game. They just do.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You just dont wanna hear any point that disagrees with your own at all.

It might help if you actaully posted a point?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I think by now the devs would have seen this thread and taken the request on-board.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Timescape_(episode)

Kinda healing teh Romulan warbird with fancy energy transfer beam :D

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Dead_Stop

Kinda repairing thingie, but after few centureis there could be more new and awesome nano reaparing modules for ship "hull" healing :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

actually, they've used "transfer shield strength" in the shows. tons of times.

i get your point, but as i see it, it would basically be creating an entirely new model with an entirely new set of animations. I honestly don't know if they're ready to commit that many resources to something which, in all fairness, is going to be a novelty for a lot of people.

i don't mean to be crass, but this is the 25th century. wheelchairs are rarely if ever used, especially when it comes to species from standard class M planets.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    MegaZer0 wrote: »
    That's like saying why do people roleplay in this game. They just do.

Yeah but who would want to roleplay a person who's not normal and won't be accepted by society? That's no fun at all for anyone. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Beagles wrote: »
    I think floridaguy is wrong.

Wrong ? about what ? Thats a pretty general statement:rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Wouldn't that be better represented in STO by your struggle with the Borg and the other big bad guys? I sometimes feel handicapped when I face them so it must feel like being in a wheelchair, right?

Quite, but while it may seem strange to you, its perfectly normal to me, other role play by making themselves into what ever they cant manage in real life, I, on the other hand, have achieved exactly what I wanted to in real life and would like to replicate that same sucess in sto.

Right now I cant, if I could I would be happier. But theres so much hate in this thread already I think I might just leave it as it is.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Wrong ? about what ? Thats a pretty general statement:rolleyes:

Hi there,

I think you are wrong about everything. I hope this clears any questions you have up.

Best Regards, Beagles
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah but who would want to roleplay a person who's not normal and won't be accepted by society? That's no fun at all for anyone. :(

Lol are you saying that I'm not normal or accepted by society? :(:confused:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Quite, but while it may seem strange to you, its perfectly normal to me, other role play by making themselves into what ever they cant manage in real life, I, on the other hand, have achieved exactly what I wanted to in real life and would like to replicate that same sucess in sto.

Right now I cant, if I could I would be happier. But theres so much hate in this thread already I think I might just leave it as it is.

Your thread title even says "Disabilities suck" so why would you want to roleplay or fantasize about having a disability? I don't understand your motivations at all. :confused:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    pr1983 wrote: »
    actually, they've used "transfer shield strength" in the shows. tons of times.

i get your point, but as i see it, it would basically be creating an entirely new model with an entirely new set of animations. I honestly don't know if they're ready to commit that many resources to something which, in all fairness, is going to be a novelty for a lot of people.

i don't mean to be crass, but this is the 25th century. wheelchairs are rarely if ever used, especially when it comes to species from standard class M planets.

They took a lot of resources to make sitting in the game. Why not wheelchairs?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Beagles wrote: »
    Hi there,

I think you are wrong about everything. I hope this clears any questions you have up.

Best Regards, Beagles

Alright well thats your opinion however I believe in that opinion you are in the minority. Once again making something personal that isnt in anyway personal on my part.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Please stop with your disrespectful tone.

How does text based discussion create a tone? :confused::confused:
This discussion has been closed.