What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disabilities suck

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    You have a point? I thought this was a pity party, lol.

Pretty much this thread boils down to, your an RP'er and believe valuable resources should be set aside to create something only a handful (literally) of people would ever use. Hell, this wouldn't even make sense in the C-store. It would cost much more than it would recoup in a decade. So no, in all honesty and bluntness, your being selfish and no one here would reasonably agree that the diversion of the resources neccessary is warranted.

But yet again, plenty of resources went into just sitting in the game. Must I add different sitting positions as well.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Beagles wrote: »
    Hi there,

So what you are saying is that the amount of people who would use this is actually equal to the number of people you can grab with your hand. I am wondering how many people you can grab with a single hand full? I can only grab one, otherwise it causes stress on my pinky. I have very skinny bony hands so maybe it is just me.

Best Regards, Beagles

Ya.... I debated on actually explaining it, but then I realized that making arrogant, snotty remarks that offend people were more fun. :D

Now how about we avoid asking silly questions. How many people, out of the 100,000 or so who allegedly play this game, would want wheelchairs in the game? I'm sure I could find thousands that would think glasses of varying designs would be cool, and it would thus create a demand. Where's the demand for wheelchairs, outside of the OP? 10? 20? maybe? ya, not worth the time and effort of the dev team, by anyone but yours and the OP's measure.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    MegaZer0 wrote: »
    But yet again, plenty of resources went into just sitting in the game. Must I add different sitting positions as well.

Ya.... are you forgetting the thousands of posts by people looking to have sitting added to the game? I don't see a push since launch to add wheelchairs to the game, do you?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Thats just utter rubbish. Are there no seats on the bridge?

honestly I'm starting to take offense to your posts. You are becomming quite agressive with your posting style.

If you dont agree with me then fine, but please dont try to tell me I couldnt command a ship from a wheelchair.

You seem intent to believe that Im attacking you Im not im pointing out how its not practical if your ship was boarded what are you going to do ? If there is a battle able bodied officers are being thrown about what happens to you ? Im not attacking you Im pointing out why it wouldnt work. Im not being agressive Im pointing out facts. I have friends and family with disabilities I have no issue with people who are disabled Im simply saying there are some limitations to what you can do with certain disabilities.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Thats just utter rubbish. Are there no seats on the bridge?

honestly I'm starting to take offense to your posts. You are becomming quite agressive with your posting style.

If you dont agree with me then fine, but please dont try to tell me I couldnt command a ship from a wheelchair.

You couldn't get to the escape pod fast enough in your wheelchair, and you'd be screwed if the lifts were taken out.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ya.... I debated on actually explaining it, but then I realized that making arrogant, snotty remarks that offend people were more fun. :D

Now how about we avoid asking silly questions. How many people, out of the 100,000 or so who allegedly play this game, would want wheelchairs in the game? I'm sure I could find thousands that would think glasses of varying designs would be cool, and it would thus create a demand. Where's the demand for wheelchairs, outside of the OP? 10? 20? maybe? ya, not worth the time and effort of the dev team, by anyone but yours and the OP's measure.

Thats very presumptuous of you to make that kind of a statement, maybe you would make a good politician?
  • Options
    edited July 2011

I do ! I want a wheel chair playable guy like in Alien4 :cool:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You seem intent to believe that Im attacking you Im not im pointing out how its not practical if your ship was boarded what are you going to do ? If there is a battle able bodied officers are being thrown about what happens to you ? Im not attacking you Im pointing out why it wouldnt work. Im not being agressive Im pointing out facts. I have friends and family with disabilities I have no issue with people who are disabled Im simply saying there are some limitations to what you can do with certain disabilities.

He's taking the standard victim stance when people point out the logical shortcomings of the situation in which he wants to RP. If people don't agree with you, demigogue them and play the victim.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You couldn't get to the escape pod fast enough in your wheelchair, and you'd be screwed if the lifts were taken out.

There are transporter devices.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ya.... are you forgetting the thousands of posts by people looking to have sitting added to the game? I don't see a push since launch to add wheelchairs to the game, do you?

That's why we're pushing it now. :p
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    *runs down the corridor, pushing Goomba FurQue's wheelchair and making engine revving and shifting noises*

:D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

If your ship is damaged enough that there are no turbolifts what makes you think the transporter is online ?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Thats very presumptuous of you to make that kind of a statement, maybe you would make a good politician?

Well lets see.... Logical consequences and shortcomings vs a pipe dream. business common sense vs selfish desire to badger a company into fulfilling your needless whim.... no, I think i'm on pretty solid ground in telling you its not gonna happen.... ever.... because theres no demand for the product beyond you.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    He's taking the standard victim stance when people point out the logical shortcomings of the situation in which he wants to RP. If people don't agree with you, demigogue them and play the victim.

I'm not a victim. Like I said, I'm exactly where I want to be in life, are you?

Please stop trying to insult me with your snipes and quips about how someone in a wheelchair could not give orders.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Hi there,

as this video shows, that is simply not true. No lift required.

Best Regards, Beagles
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

Because your crewmen will decide your life is more important than theirs, in order to operate the transporter? Assuming its stiill working when the adandon ship order is given.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Beagles wrote: »
    Hi there,

as this video shows, that is simply not true. No lift required.

Best Regards, Beagles

WOW :eek: Just wow you make your point by showing a kid in a wheelchair falling down stairs and then Im accused of being offensive ??
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Well lets see.... Logical consequences and shortcomings vs a pipe dream. business common sense vs selfish desire to badger a company into fulfilling your needless whim.... no, I think i'm on pretty solid ground in telling you its not gonna happen.... ever.... because theres no demand for the product beyond you.

I have badgered no one. I have asked, mearely asked and you keep constanly attacking me.

How do you know there is no demand? Have you done a survey? Or are you just guessing?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thats why I like Mass Effects Joker. I have almost the same problem as the Joker character!

I agree tho, would like to see more disabled people in STO :)
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    If Jadzia Dax says that she hasn't seen a wheelchair in 300 years, then it is just as likely to not see a wheelchair in the 25th Century. There is the possibility of an npc that lives on world with radiation that causes specific types of machinery to not work, but Captains and Boffs will always be able to walk or they retire. Captain Pike was retired when he was in a wheelchair and the girl in the wheelchair from DS9 was a civilian. There was handicapped people in the 24th Century, but chances are that robotic advances have progressed to such a stage where handicapped people could either replace their legs with robotic prosthetics or wear exoskeleton braces. There is also the possibility of growing new limbs.

Wheelchairs or the 25th Century equivalent could be in the game for an npc, but it will never be available for Captains or Boffs due to all the animations necessary to code for one little thing that most people won't play.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    WOW :eek: Just wow you make your point by showing a kid in a wheelchair falling down stairs and then Im accused of being offensive ??

Hi there,

It was the wrong video link made by the same kid. I had multiple tabs open and copied the wrong one. It has already been edited.

Best Regards, Beagles
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Because your crewmen will decide your life is more important than theirs, in order to operate the transporter? Assuming its stiill working when the adandon ship order is given.

If the abandon ship is given. I, like every other good captain would be going down with the ship.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    I'm not a victim. Like I said, I'm exactly where I want to be in life, are you?

Please stop trying to insult me with your snipes and quips about how someone in a wheelchair could not give orders.

No, your taking the victim stance. You don't agree with floridaguy and thus you proclaim he's against you for your disability. A complete falsehood. You proclaim his roll eyes emotes are insulting. Thats your problem, Your interpretation of his use of symbols is not his problem, its yours. if you lack the maturity to not be offended by a silly little picture online, then I question your social skills in RL.

As they say, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Edit. Also, I only once said you'd be unable to command a military vessel in a wheelchair. How many captains are their in wheelchairs in the Navy? Actually, how many wheelchair ridden people are in the military/police and similar organizations? A lot?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    If the abandon ship is given. I, like every other good captain would be going down with the ship.

Ok well in that case Kirk would be dead in ST-3, Picard dead in Generations, Sisko dead when the defiant was destroyed, you see the error of that idea ?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Ok well in that case Kirk would be dead in ST-3, Picard dead in Generations, Sisko dead when the defiant was destroyed, you see the error of that idea ?

All bad captains tbh.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Actually that would be Commander Riker.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

So now your rhetorically wasting the time and energy of SF in creating a flag officer? Wow
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    MegaZer0 wrote: »
    We're not trolls, we're Goombas. :p

You are right. Goombas are better tasting than trolls especially when fried.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    No, your taking the victim stance. You don't agree with floridaguy and thus you proclaim he's against you for your disability. A complete falsehood. You proclaim his roll eyes emotes are insulting. Thats your problem, Your interpretation of his use of symbols is not his problem, its yours. if you lack the maturity to not be offended by a silly little picture online, then I question your social skills in RL.

As they say, if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Edit. Also, I only once said you'd be unable to command a military vessel in a wheelchair. How many captains are their in wheelchairs in the Navy? Actually, how many wheelchair ridden people are in the military/police and similar organizations? A lot?

What? i am not taking any victim stance. Please stop trying to make out I am.

I'm pretty sure youre just here to bait now.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So now your rhetorically wasting the time and energy of SF in creating a flag officer? Wow

ITS A GAME!

Oh dear oh dear.
This discussion has been closed.