What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disabilities suck

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yeah but who would want to roleplay a person who's not normal and won't be accepted by society? That's no fun at all for anyone. :(

Maybe my character starts out in a wheelchair and then eventually walks.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    Lol are you saying that I'm not normal or accepted by society? :(:confused:

I don't know, are you?? :confused:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Seeing the direction this thread has gone i'm just gonna throw this out here for eveyone....

EPIC TROLL THREAD GUYS!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Beagles wrote: »
    Hi there,

I think you are wrong about everything. I hope this clears any questions you have up.

Best Regards, Beagles

lolwut

This thread... oh my gosh
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Your thread title even says "Disabilities suck" so why would you want to roleplay or fantasize about having a disability? I don't understand your motivations at all. :confused:

I have just told you in a previous post.

I have made my life a success dispite all the drawbacks that come with a permanent disabilty. I want to play my life as it is today, inside STO. How hard is that to comprehend?

If you could be YOU in the game, I mean really you, wouldnt that be better than playing some toon tnat looks nothing like you?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Looks like invasion :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Cormoran wrote: »
    Seeing the direction this thread has gone i'm just gonna throw this out here for eveyone....

EPIC TROLL THREAD GUYS!

We're not trolls, we're Goombas. :p
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    MegaZer0 wrote: »
    Maybe my character starts out in a wheelchair and then eventually walks.

But what would hold him back from walking as soon as you roll the character? Some new medical breakthrough? I don't get it. People in wheelchairs probably never want to wind up in them in the first place...
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    But what would hold him back from walking as soon as you roll the character? Some new medical breakthrough? I don't get it. People in wheelchairs probably never want to wind up in them in the first place...

Can you not at least see my point?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

I have made my life a success dispite all the drawbacks that come with a permanent disabilty. I want to play my life as it is today, inside STO. How hard is that to comprehend?

If you could be YOU in the game, I mean really you, wouldnt that be better than playing some toon tnat looks nothing like you?

So you dont wanna imagine your life in the 25th Century as better than it is today ???
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I am on ESD right now and there are no ramps anywhere. It is all steps. So the wheelchair thing is out. You might able to make the hoverchair argument. I personally think you should go for the Master-Blaster (Beyond Thundedome) request where you ride around in a basket on a large alien's back.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    *saunters into the room, giant bags of popcorn in his hands*

"Hey, guys, I brought the popcorn, but you'll have to go outside to get the beverages from Roach, he has a freezer built into the back of his Winnebago."

"I have 6 different flavors, including Traditional, White Cheddar, Caramel, Cool Ranch, Smoked Targ, and BBQ Tribble!" :D
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

Not really, no. I like playing a role of a character who could be better than I am. It helps me strive to be better in real life too. Escapism is healthy for the soul. Wanting to escape from a wheelchair into another wheelchair in the virtual world is sad. I'm sad for you. :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

Could you make one please? :confused:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Not really, no. I like playing a role of a character who could be better than I am. It helps me strive to be better in real life too. Escapism is healthy for the soul. Wanting to escape from a wheelchair into another wheelchair in the virtual world is sad. I'm sad for you. :(

Totally agree
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Probably true. But this can be awesome stuff for roleplayers and for those with disabilities.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    So you dont wanna imagine your life in the 25th Century as better than it is today ???

I simply dont see how my life could be any better, other than being able to walk, but that is one of my defining features. I probably would not have been as motivated to achieve what i have, if others hadn;t told me I couldnt due to not being able to walk.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Probably true. But this can be awesome stuff for roleplayers and for those with disabilities.

I don't see what's awesome about not being able to use your legs? Is this a secret only people in wheelchairs know?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

You have a point? I thought this was a pity party, lol.

Pretty much this thread boils down to, your an RP'er and believe valuable resources should be set aside to create something only a handful (literally) of people would ever use. Hell, this wouldn't even make sense in the C-store. It would cost much more than it would recoup in a decade. So no, in all honesty and bluntness, your being selfish and no one here would reasonably agree that the diversion of the resources neccessary is warranted.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I don't see what's awesome about not being able to use your legs? Is this a secret only people in wheelchairs know?

And I dont see whats so awesome about playing the opposite sex?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    I simply dont see how my life could be any better, other than being able to walk, but that is one of my defining fetures. I probably would not have been as motivated to achieve what i have, if others hadn;t told me I couldnt due to not being able to walk.

In this game you fight and command a starship honestly no disrespect to your disability but someone in a wheelchair couldnt do that effectively. In an emergency aboard a starship you would be a liability not an asset. Im sorry to say but there are some things people with disabilities arent able to do. Thats why I said hopefully in the 25th Century that would be different. Whatever causes you to be in your wheelchair would be gone and you would be just as capable as anyone else.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Apparently we're not supposed to do what I did in this post, so..... EDITED :eek:
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:
    And I dont see whats so awesome about playing the opposite sex?

Neither do I. It's a mystery, isnt it?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    You have a point? I thought this was a pity party, lol.

Pretty much this thread boils down to, your an RP'er and believe valuable resources should be set aside to create something only a handful (literally) of people would ever use. Hell, this wouldn't even make sense in the C-store. It would cost much more than it would recoup in a decade. So no, in all honesty and bluntness, your being selfish and no one here would reasonably agree that the diversion of the resources neccessary is warranted.

Then I'm happy that you dont make the decisions around here.
  • Options
    edited July 2011

There's no secret. It sucks. I was wheelchair ridden for 6 months. Not something I'd recommend if you can help it.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

The people who do and are in charge of money being spent will agree
  • Options
    edited July 2011

Pretty much this thread boils down to, your an RP'er and believe valuable resources should be set aside to create something only a handful (literally) of people would ever use. .

Hi there,

So what you are saying is that the amount of people who would use this is actually equal to the number of people you can grab with your hand. I am wondering how many people you can grab with a single hand full? I can only grab one, otherwise it causes stress on my pinky. I have very skinny bony hands so maybe it is just me.

Best Regards, Beagles
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    They took a lot of resources to make sitting in the game. Why not wheelchairs?

because sitting is generally one animation, not several. even with the few sitting emotes we get, there are still plenty we don't have, which would have to be animated too.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    FurQue wrote:

Same problem. If i ever found you to be working for Cryptic, I may have to take drastic measures.

*imagines the protest I would unleash*

muahahahaha
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    In this game you fight and command a starship honestly no disrespect to your disability but someone in a wheelchair couldnt do that effectively. In an emergency aboard a starship you would be a liability not an asset.

Thats just utter rubbish. Are there no seats on the bridge?

honestly I'm starting to take offense to your posts. You are becomming quite agressive with your posting style.

If you dont agree with me then fine, but please dont try to tell me I couldnt command a ship from a wheelchair.
This discussion has been closed.