What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Subscription Sale

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I've cancelled my subscription, its the monthly, its just not fair to make us pay over and over again, when we most likely don't have 4-5 hours a day to play. Its not worth paying if we don't get to use the time we pay for!
    Amazingly, my subscription expires the same day the lifetime goes off sale. Its just far to expensive when money is so tight. If i could play for free i would continue playing, but there just isn't a way to play for free. I payed 25 dollars for this already, and then there's the subscription of 15 a month. Perhaps they will see the sense in f2p if people have bought the game. Its not fair that we get hit with huge bills, and they get tons of money.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Cancelled mine as well. Today is my last day. I'm only a casual trek fan, so I can't overlook all the problems and lacking content. It had some fun moments, but nothing worth $15.00 a month.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just went ahead and bit the bullet. I'd thought about doing it earlier, but $300 was just too much IMHO.

BTW - first post. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    This is the correct answer.

Thanks,

Stormshade

If that is the correct answer, why is customer support telling me otherwise???

"Customer Service Responses:

Hello. The lifetime subscription only comes with a game copy if you do not have one. If you already had the game, you do not get a game copy."
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Greetings,

Buying a LT sub during beta was one of the easiest decisions I have made in my PC gaming career.
    240 divided by 15 is 16. That is 16 months, one year and four months and you are then playing for free. This is Star Trek and will be around for a very very long time. My break even date is this summer (the earliest possible).

Considering the fact that one can spend 240$ very easily in one night out, having STO there forever is quite a bargain.
    One would be wise to take advantage of this offer.

Yours in Lifetime Mnhei'sahe Plasma,
    Star*Dagger
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I purchased a life-time sub yesterday. I have my in-game perks but when will my forum account show as a Career Officer?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I purchased a life-time sub yesterday. I have my in-game perks but when will my forum account show as a Career Officer?

You have to change the settings yourself. There is a link somewhere... try searching the forums. It might even be in this thread! Alternatively, just click the "My Account" and search around yourself.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'll go lifetime becuase that'll free up money for the fluff and also if it is allready paid forever, then i can pay all my bills and still play sto. besides still got to spend my Return on something.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Originally Posted by Oshanee
    Great Deal! but $239.99 for US Currency? But what about Canadian Currency?

Canadians would be paying $308.99 for Canadian currency of course.

They will do nothing of the sort. The current exchange rate on the Canadian dollar is within something like 3/100th of a cent of $1 US. A company does not decide what the exhange rate is. They adhere to the Federal exchange rate or the customer can contact the state attorney generals office and have them file charges, as well as get the difference returned to him.

point being, don't do anything stupid cryptic. the last thing this game needs is lawsuits.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Felderburg wrote: »
    You have to change the settings yourself. There is a link somewhere... try searching the forums. It might even be in this thread! Alternatively, just click the "My Account" and search around yourself.

Thank you Felderburg, I found it easily with your help!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I got my lifetime a few day ago.

I love Star Trek & I love this game.

Keep up the great work Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Too bad alot of people only get paid monthly. That's not even two weeks. Sorry, just can't sink that kind of money into a game before I get paid again at least.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Thank you Felderburg, I found it easily with your help!

You're welcome! Glad my (remarkably unspecific) directions could help.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    This game will only improve. I'm glad I purchased my lifetime subscription.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Healer1986 wrote:
    Would the £153.99 be including VAT..or would that be extra

£153.99 + Current UK VAT (20%) = £184.79

Cryptic doesn't include VAT in it's prices.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Yezar wrote: »
    £153.99 + Current UK VAT (20%) = £184.79

Cryptic doesn't include VAT in it's prices.

That's not really Cryptic's fault! It's just the way the western world works.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm happy to hear this! I'd love my primary toon to get assimilated, then liberated :)
    OMG, I'd love to do that with my Joined Trill. I can just imagine all the crazy liberated borg races we could have if Cryptic unlocked the species barrier.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How does one go about getting the Captain's Yacht?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How does one go about getting the Captain's Yacht?

It's the 400 day veteran's reward.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    SiNCry wrote: »
    This is awesome, I have just enough money.

Although I notice that you can't use PAYPAL for lifetime subscriptions... Is that the case for everybody, cause the only why I would be able to get this is to use paypal :(

Yeah, it won't let me either, but paypal did give me a debit card. also greendot and netspend prepaid Visa/Mastercard ATM's work as that is what i pay my monthly with.

you can buy those at walgreens, walmart and a few gas stations.

about 9 or so bucks USD. and a few bucks USD depending on where you load its between 1.96 and 5 dollars usd per load.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I've had this account for a year but I haven't been able to afford to buy a lifetime sub yet. Thanks to the fortuitous timing, I'm actually getting two: One for myself and one for my wife who has, until now, been playing one of my character slots. Just because someone hasn't had a lifetime sub since the beginning doesn't mean they haven't been *here* since the beginning.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Rhodes85 wrote: »
    They will do nothing of the sort. The current exchange rate on the Canadian dollar is within something like 3/100th of a cent of $1 US. A company does not decide what the exhange rate is. They adhere to the Federal exchange rate or the customer can contact the state attorney generals office and have them file charges, as well as get the difference returned to him.

point being, don't do anything stupid cryptic. the last thing this game needs is lawsuits.

You're looking at midmarket rates, not what your bank (or Cryptic's in this case) charges them for the currency. Banks are not legally required to sell currency at the midmarket rate. Assuming Cryptic uses Bank of America (they may not), they would pay $243.09 + a 3-6% conversion fee.

Cryptic can charge whatever it bloody well likes for its products. There is no legal requirement that they charge the same price for the same product in all countries. If they want to make the Canadian subscription $308, they have every right to do that. No Attorney General will stop them from doing business because they choose to charge more for their product in another country.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Alright, I've bitten the bullet and purchased a lifetime subscription.

I guess I'm here for the duration. Looking forward to it. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Same here. Hopefully this game will be around for a long time to come
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Welcome to all the new lifer's. I'm sure you won't reget it and continue to enjoy STO as much as I do:).
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    i bought my LifeTIme Subscription yesterday because i just love this game.

Where can i get this Captain's Yacht or what are these Access Codes for? Captain's Table i already found, but the access codes Item in C-Store says something about Veteran stuff.

Also now that im Career Officer i will open my own fleet. However finding people willing to help are rare.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I'm not saying that this is going to happen but...

...another online game offered a discount on their lifetime sub right before announcing they were going free to play. They now give 500 points a month to those who purchased the lifetime sub before f2p went live.

Just an observation... ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just bought the LTS and I am happy about it. Should have bought it after beta, but nevertheless...now I can enjoy STO for a long time.

Cheers!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I too just purchased the lifetime. While I did not expect STO to be planned as an on-going work in progress (I had hoped it would be much more 'finished'), I have very much enjoyed my time here and look forward to every improvement. Because that's what STO clearly is and is intended to be, right? A constantly evolving and improving game? Or am I just nutters?

Quick question, does my name and title (career officer) show up as it is supposed to?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I too just purchased the lifetime. While I did not expect STO to be planned as an on-going work in progress (I had hoped it would be much more 'finished'), I have very much enjoyed my time here and look forward to every improvement. Because that's what STO clearly is and is intended to be, right? A constantly evolving and improving game? Or am I just nutters?

Quick question, does my name and title (career officer) show up as it is supposed to?

You do not display the Career officer forum title as of this post, sorry.

Also, any MMO is a living, breathing, developing product. These days, and in general, they are expected to be released in a much more finished stage, yes, but they will still constantly evolve and change. It is their nature.
This discussion has been closed.