What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lifetime Subscription Sale

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    I'd love to be able to transfer one of the toons off my account to a new lifetime account and let my wife take over that toon. Any chance this will be added even if it costs real money in the future?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ive been a monthly member since launch, didnt get it in time for the beta, but 15 bucks a month adds up. just couldnt afford the lifetime all at once. I would like to do it know, im just worried that Ill pay for this lifetime sub and then next month, or even sometime in the next year it will go free to play. that would upset me more then ever, to put it lightly.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Ive been a monthly member since launch, didnt get it in time for the beta, but 15 bucks a month adds up. just couldnt afford the lifetime all at once. I would like to do it know, im just worried that Ill pay for this lifetime sub and then next month, or even sometime in the next year it will go free to play. that would upset me more then ever, to put it lightly.

Ah, but as a lifer in STO if] it goes F2P, you not only get access to all the stuff a subscriber would get, but an additional stipend of Cryptic Points. Check this post out: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3277832#post3277832
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Lifetime Subscription to Champions Online: Free for All

So you are offering 20% discount Lifetime Sub for StarTrekOnline and Champions Online. That is great for StarTrekOnline, but as for Champion Online I failed to see the marketing departments logic. Why would I want to spend $239 for a game that is FreeForAll.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dkarall wrote:
    So you are offering 20% discount Lifetime Sub for StarTrekOnline and Champions Online. That is great for StarTrekOnline, but as for Champion Online I failed to see the marketing departments logic. Why would I want to spend $239 for a game that is FreeForAll.

When a game goes Free to Play it limits the features that non-subscribers get. Subscribers receive unfettered access to content and features and often free MT points each month. With an LTS you don't have to pay for the game anymore, and you get free MT points too. If LOTRO still offered an LTS I might buy it, because I enjoy the game and the idea of having 500 Turbine pts accumulate even during months I don't play is nice.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Any chance you all would be willing to extend the sale thru say, oh, end of March so I can buy one with my income tax return :D
    Would Def. buy a lifer at that price, but for whatever penny pinching reason, I cant see myself paying just under $300 for it.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    CraigSam wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to transfer one of the toons off my account to a new lifetime account and let my wife take over that toon. Any chance this will be added even if it costs real money in the future?
    Highly unlikely that this will ever happen.

People have asked for the ability to transfer characters between their accounts on Cryptic's first MMO, City of Heroes, for over 5 years now and it still hasn't happened.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Highly unlikely that this will ever happen.

People have asked for the ability to transfer characters between their accounts on Cryptic's first MMO, City of Heroes, for over 5 years now and it still hasn't happened.

Only that's NCSoft that is in charge of that now and none of their games has character transfers between accounts. NCSoft Korea has it for some of their games, but NCSoft NA hasn't adopted it.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    To many bugs, not enough functional attributes between ships and station. no additional pvp maps after a year. game mechanics are still broken or not correct in star trek canon. STO is a disgrace in many respects to the star trek fanchise. Much like legacy was a disgrace. I know many of you disagree with me yet you have no proof to not say it is disgraceful. logically the game has failed and the company has become become self loathing in trying to say they are the best.

why would I give you 239.00 if you havent given me anything but bugs and low content and more junk in the c store then content in sto. Plus alot of your producers are saying champions is the fore shadow os STO to come. ive maxed in the game for two characters. whats the point now. cant really build anything. cant train anything. no education worth while in the game. im happy that when the servers close i would have not wasted 239.00

notice how they are the only mmo that erases your account when you decided i want to take a break from the pew pew pew. oh well yeah to much con and not enough pro's for the game to be worth 239.00 maybe if it was 100 bucks ill consider it.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    UFP-Magnis wrote: »
    notice how they are the only mmo that erases your account when you decided i want to take a break from the pew pew pew.

I won't even start to comment on the rest of your post, but where does it say or do you have any proofs at all that Cryptic erases your account if you cancel? Or is all that just to get flames going in the forums?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I feel dirty, I went lifetime.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just gone lifetime too
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    me too :D the captin's tabel is a big let down, its just a room
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    If I have 2 months left on game time and get LTS does the remaining gametimeg get turned into C-store poins or do I jsut lose it? for I know a few games does the conversion thing
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Healer1986 wrote:
    If I have 2 months left on game time and get LTS does the remaining gametimeg get turned into C-store poins or do I jsut lose it? for I know a few games does the conversion thing

You lose it, as far as I know. I would wait the two months, just in case.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Just got my LT this morning at 10 am central and I like it so far and with the way the game has been improving, it will be well worth it.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I am absolutely livid. I bought a Lifetime subscription in good faith and I chekc my bank this morning to find that instead of being charged £153 ive been charged £230.99 which is a disgrace. Cryptic you cant do anything right can you ? worse thing is in the UK no phone support and no online billing support :(
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I am absolutely livid. I bought a Lifetime subscription in good faith and I chekc my bank this morning to find that instead of being charged £153 ive been charged £239 which is a disgrace. Cryptic you cant do anything right can you ? worse thing is in the UK no phone support and no online billing support :(

The same thing happened to me when I bought a life-time membership. But you can contact billing support directly via their (beta) online chat service (choose support on the main website and then click the 'get help' tab), like I did. They solved the problem by refunding me the overcharged amount. Just be sure to only contact them in the evening, because of the 8 to 9 hour time difference (with the USA).
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Uuum I would rather forfit the two months and safe on LTS even if I lost the £18 ...it still cheaper than playing full price for LTS
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    With the trends in the industry's recognition of STO and the amazing power of the Star Trek brand, IMO made the cost of LifeTime worthwhile. No regrets here...

Live Long and Prosper...STO :D
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I am absolutely livid. I bought a Lifetime subscription in good faith and I chekc my bank this morning to find that instead of being charged £153 ive been charged £239 which is a disgrace. Cryptic you cant do anything right can you ? worse thing is in the UK no phone support and no online billing support :(

Maybe this happened: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?p=3305639#post3305639
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It seems more and more, the old lifetime subscribers are being ignored. You gave us the benefits of a private base, Borg characters, and a 'cool forum title' and said that more is on its way. Will there be more? once 400 veteran days are up, the only difference between us and and everyone else will be if nanoprobes flow through their veins. And lots of us Lifetimers don't use the Borg characters anyway. I just hope some consideration for your loyal members will be shown in Season 4 perhaps? I love STo none the less, but like I said, i'm still looking, for the 'more to come!'

I gopt an LTS 20 minutes after they were announced (the game was still in beta); but I have to say, I don't understand how any original LTS folks feel 'ignored'. They gave a few perks at the start (Liberated Borg, a couple more chracter slots, and if there was anything else, I honestly don't recall); BUT:

Personally, I didn't buy the LTS with ANY hope of in game perks; and the perks would never have sold it for me anyway; I bought the LTS because I liked the potemtial I saw in beta, liked the direction the Dev team was taking the game - and since EVERY MMO that I've liked in this fashion, going all the way back to EQ; I usually spend 2 - 4 years subbed over the life of the game - EQ was 4 years, WoW was 3 years, CoX was 4 years, etc.; so with the cost of the LTS, if I hung around more than 2 years in STO; any time after that, I'd effectively be saving sub fees.

Do I like the perks? Some of them yes. Do I expect more? Nope, I got what I paid for. Personally, I'm fine with that and couldn't care one way or the other if they ever gave LTS folks another extra perk for the life of the game. All it means was I took a risk and paid 2 years of sub fees up front; and if the game runs longer, I never pay a sub fee again. All Cryptic needs to deliver on is to keep the game goibg and hopefully expanding and improving.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Is there a list somewhere that tells you what stuff you get, I got the shuttle and the title but cannot locate the captains table and am unaware of any other bonuses for spending $250.00.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Grannamoth wrote:
    Is there a list somewhere that tells you what stuff you get, I got the shuttle and the title but cannot locate the captains table and am unaware of any other bonuses for spending $250.00.

for the captains table just goto the c-store in game get the access code then goto earth and to the left when you warp in is a big blue thingy just go towards it and warp to the captains table.

i have a quick question of my own. i was just wondering how can i turn my name blue and get the career officer title in the forums?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    for the captains table just goto the c-store in game get the access code then goto earth and to the left when you warp in is a big blue thingy just go towards it and warp to the captains table.

i have a quick question of my own. i was just wondering how can i turn my name blue and get the career officer title in the forums?

Per this thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=198817&highlight=lifetime+forum where someone else asks that question, it is apparently broken right now :(
    Grannamoth wrote:

You also get the ability to play as a liberated Borg. The pre-launch lifers got some character slots, not sure if that still applies.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    shuttle ? what shuttle is this ?
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I think he's refering to the 400 day vet reward which grants you the Captian's Yacht (special shuttle) and access to the Captain's Table.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I just brought the Lifetime sub..and must say it been the best choice I made all year so far ^.^
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Well what can I say, I am seriously thinking of becoming a lifer!
    Only been playing the game for just under a month and I can allready feel I will be in it for the long haul :D
    Never ever played an mmo before and I have really surprised myself how much I am now playing this game :eek:
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I got the liberated Borg character and have started over with it, what about the captains yacht, is that another item for lifers?

Got the codes too but did not know how to use them.

Also, how do you get the "Career Officer" title?
This discussion has been closed.