test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lifetime Subscription Sale

Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Galactic News Network [PC]
To celebrate the launch of Champions Online: Free for All and the one year anniversary of Star Trek Online, we’ll be discounting the price of Lifetime Subscriptions for both games by 20%! The sale starts January 25 at 6 a.m. Pacific and ends February 4 at 10 a.m. Pacific. This means players will be able to purchase a Lifetime Subscription to Champions Online: Free for All or Star Trek Online for just $239.99!

Link to the news article.

I just got the prices for the other currencies we accept, you can find them below. Thanks! ~Stormshade

CAD: 247.19
GBP: 153.99
EUR: 174.99
DKK: 1300
Post edited by Archived Post on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Too bad their still isn't enough content to make it worth while. Maybe if it was 59.99 or so, but 239.99 is a joke for the sorry state of this game.
    edited January 2011
    Too bad their still isn't enough content to make it worth while. Maybe if it was 59.99 or so, but 239.99 is a joke for the sorry state of this game.

Then don't buy it :p

I know quite a few people that are going to be getting lifetime accounts due to this sale because they believe the game will only get better as it has been :)
    edited January 2011
    I'm seriously considering purchasing a life-time subscription.
    edited January 2011
    I would buy a life time sub in a heartbeat if it just wasnt so expensive... I know it might not be much to everyone but to me that is just so far away from bieng affordable, even on sale, that it is not going to happen, for me that is.:(
    edited January 2011
    Would that I could afford it. At this point, I just can't free up the cash.
    edited January 2011
    It would be helpful if there was some sort of installment plan, you know like disney has :1
    edited January 2011
    Proud to have purchased mine before the game came out, but I'm glad others will get the chance to purchase it at a lower price. If only some of my friends could afford it. :p
    edited January 2011
    Dang, and i just purchased Lifetime last month after paying a subscription since march. Having some buyers remorse :(

Oh Well, STO FTW! great job guys hopefully we'll get some more players!
    edited January 2011
    Rekhan wrote:
    To celebrate the launch of Champions Online: Free for All and the one year anniversary of Star Trek Online, we’ll be discounting the price of Lifetime Subscriptions for both games by 20%! The sale starts January 25 at 6 a.m. Pacific and ends February 4 at 10 a.m. Pacific. This means players will be able to purchase a Lifetime Subscription to Champions Online: Free for All or Star Trek Online for just $239.99!

You know a friend of mine just joined STO and go a lifetime subscription. Is there some way he could still get the discount? It was only a few weeks ago that he did buy it.
    edited January 2011
    aww and I was hoping for a c-store sale, still its tempting.
    edited January 2011
    Do those who paid the original price get anything in compensation? I mean it's a bit harsh paying for a lifetime subscription before the game even got up and running for a higher cost, when those who come in and get the benefits of our dedication get it at a discount price.
    edited January 2011
    Rekhan wrote:

Great Deal! but $239.99 for US Currency? But what about Canadian Currency?
    edited January 2011
    Do those who paid the original price get anything in compensation? I mean it's a bit harsh paying for a lifetime subscription before the game even got up and running for a higher cost, when those who come in and get the benefits of our dedication get it at a discount price.

Your compensation is that you got to play the game sooner.
    edited January 2011
    *facepalm*

I literally signed up for one last night. Any chance you guys could be super maxtastic and let me have the sale price?
    edited January 2011
    I'm surprised, but pleased, that the lifetime subs are going on sale. I bought mine before the game officially launched for the same price ($240), and I've always felt that the $300 price post-launch was a bit much. I hope that this sale will get some people who have been sitting on the fence about buying one to purchase it. :)

(I'm just glad I bought mine a year ago, heh. Those two extra character slots are pretty nice. :D)
    edited January 2011
    TRIBBLE. Definitely want to go Lifetime, but can't afford to until March.

Fie!
    edited January 2011
    Your compensation is that you got to play the game sooner.

That was for pre-order or beta testing right? Not for lifetime subscription. I think we got to be a borg.

Aaik everything lifetime subscribers who get it at a cheaper rate will have everything those who subscribed right at the beginning of the game will get. Kind of funny celebrating a year in the game by turning your nose up at those who've been with you from the start and making it cheaper for those who haven't.
    edited January 2011
    I will get a lifetime sub at the 25th. I also have a lifetime account in CO and have been debating on getting STO lifetime for 2 weeks now (I also bought a hard copy on amazon STO collectors edition which I haven't opened). Now I can stop playing tutorial in STO and see what all the fuss is about.
    edited January 2011
    That was for pre-order or beta testing right? Not for lifetime subscription. I think we got the borg drone..which can be brought now right?

Afaik everything lifetime subscribers who get it at a cheaper rate will have everything those who subscribed right at the beginning of the game will get. Kind of funny celebrating a year in the game by turning your nose up at those who've been with you from the start and making it cheaper for those who haven't.

The lifetime before launch was the current sale price. After launch, it was the full 300 (US $). No nose turning.
    Dang, and i just purchased Lifetime last month after paying a subscription since march. Having some buyers remorse :(

Oh Well, STO FTW! great job guys hopefully we'll get some more players!

For real! I didn't get one pre launch because I didn't have the money, then hemmed and hawed, but eventually bought it because of CO going F2P (and more importantly, the possibility of STO doing the same).
    edited January 2011
    Ok well my bad, but still seems like they should do more for those who've been with the game for a year than allowing them to purchase a lifetime, not exactly a present :p
    edited January 2011
    It's called "they don't care" when it comes to ppl that signed up early - they already have your money, what do they care how you feel about it?

Happens all the time in different games, best not to get worked up over it.
    edited January 2011
    since this is a celebration maybe current life timers could see some in game rewards or cryptic points? just throwing out ideas!
    edited January 2011
    It's called "they don't care" when it comes to ppl that signed up early - they already have your money, what do they care how you feel about it?

Happens all the time in different games, best not to get worked up over it.

Never hurts to ask dude. There are some awesome people out there. You might just get lucky one day if you keep trying :)
    edited January 2011
    Ok well my bad, but still seems like they should do more for those who've been with the game for a year than allowing them to purchase a lifetime, not exactly a present :p

There's more in store to celebrate both of these auspicious occasions. We wanted to make sure you guys knew about this before the sale began however, to make sure interested people had time to consider there options.

Thanks,

Stormshade
    edited January 2011

Think of it this way, your lifetime subscription is more valuable if you bought it during Beta. You got an extra year of play out of that subscription that a new lifer will never get.
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:
    There's more in store to celebrate both of these auspicious occasions. We wanted to make sure you guys knew about this before the sale began however, to make sure interested people had time to consider there options.

Thanks,

Stormshade

SWEET! I can't wait!
    edited January 2011
    Sadly my only option right now is to keep paying month to month.
    edited January 2011
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

Awesome :)
    edited January 2011
    MinosOne wrote:
    Think of it this way, your lifetime subscription is more valuable if you bought it during Beta. You got an extra year of play out of that subscription that a new lifer will never get.

Yep, and, like I posted, we (who purchased it before the launch) also got two free character slots. :)
    StormShade wrote:

Thanks,

Stormshade

Sa-weet! Any chance of having another free-for-all like at the end of Open Beta? (Maybe without the inescapable Borg DSEs this time, heh.) I have a Klingon character now, so I'd love to have a go at ESD or Risa. :D
    edited January 2011
    Sa-weet! Any chance of having another free-for-all like at the end of Open Beta? (Maybe without the inescapable Borg DSEs this time, heh.) I have a Klingon character now, so I'd love to have a go at ESD or Risa. :D

I had so much fun blowing you guys up with that sphere... :p

That said, I don't think something like that is in the works. There is still an in-game surprise waiting though!
This discussion has been closed.