test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

slipstream ninjaing

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    anazonda wrote: »
    I never said I did'n want a new server either.

The thing is that I am neutral on the subject. I neither wan't or don't wan't a new server. STO is the first MMO I play, and as such I have no expirience, and cannot refer to the results such an action would be, and as such do not have a valid opinion on this.

I still would read it as if you said that I wanted a new server, but I also recognize that it is probably a misunderstanding based on the fact that this is textbased communication and the fact that we are most likely from diffrent contries, and as such react diffrently on diffrent ways to write/respond to posts.
    So basically "Both right, Both wrong" :)

I hope we can agree on this, but I have to note that we might be highjacking alittle, and should get back on topic (you and I that is xD).

To get the thread back on subject. Why is this such a big deal? I have yet to hear a real answer as to why a player should not be allowed to use a new power to their advantage.
    edited August 2010
    MOAR B'TRAN INSTANCES!

And to the op: use your slipstrean.

There is nothing offensive here.
    Offensive is when you get the people that insult you ingame for using slipstream come whining on the forums about how they are incapable of hitting one tiny button, called slipstream, to get their missions.

Does that anger me? Sure does.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
    edited August 2010
    I do not know if I have stolen any missions from anyone, as I, tbh, take very little notice of the other players, but I do use the QSD to get to the anomalies and systems faster.

If you/once you have the QSD too, you will soon be doing the same, and I do not consider it "stealing a mission".. they got there first, and as such have the right to claim the mission..

In my opinion that is...

Yup, first come, first served. Snooze, ya lose.

In conclusion, suck it up, princess.
    edited August 2010
    This is obiously the eaiest quick fix for now. One dev changes a single value for the player cap (reduce it from the current 20 back to 5 where B'Tran was in the past). The required instances will come online as demanded by the system (just as before). Push it thru on tonight's 3:00AM maint.

Resolved.

Fixing mission issues are, well another issue entirely.

I agree that the quickest, easiest, short-term resolution would be to decrease the number of players per instance. This would allow more players to hop from anomaly to anomaly searching for the exact mission that they want.

Long term solution would have to include resolving the issues with the missions "inside" the anomalies which would lessen the number of players "hopping" from anomaly to anomaly.
    edited August 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~GM Tiyshen
    edited August 2010
    Fyi trolling and flaming is against the tos please read your terms of service in close detail and remain civil like everyone else in the thread and using masked language to hide profanity is against the terms of service also. thank you.

Calling someone a troll is also against your tos please read your terms of service in close detail.
    edited August 2010
    Pyryck wrote:
    I agree that the quickest, easiest, short-term resolution would be to decrease the number of players per instance. This would allow more players to hop from anomaly to anomaly searching for the exact mission that they want.

Long term solution would have to include resolving the issues with the missions "inside" the anomalies which would lessen the number of players "hopping" from anomaly to anomaly.

these are some great ideas hopefully cryptic reads this thread and submits these ideas and suggestions to their development team.
    edited August 2010
    MOAR B'TRAN INSTANCES!

QFT! More Instances for B'Tran (Elite) and this needs to be the same for Azlesa for Klingons too!
    edited August 2010
    Presbytier wrote: »
    Calling someone a troll is also against your tos please read your terms of service in close detail.

I asked him not to troll the thread i created please do not try to start an argument with me. It seems presbyterian you are an individual who seems to thrive on conflict. I have read mine. i posted a simple thread and you and a few others in this thread posted and attempted to turn a simple discussion thread into an argument and then when i pointed out that fact you attempted to try and turn the tables on me. Do not attempt that again.
    edited August 2010
    No ranting intended, but if you don't want a little hard language, don't come to the STO forums.

I know from hard learned expirience that when you try to make a valid point in STO you must expect:

1: People being hard on you
    2: Hard language
    3: Most likely your thread will be shut down quite soon.

Trying to convince or force people to change, will only make them go harder on you... Just a well meant advice: It is better to learn to deal with the way people write, and just keep trying to make your point obvious.

Dismiss it all you'd like, but over time you will find that I'm right.
    edited August 2010
    I asked him not to troll the thread i created please do not try to start an argument with me. It seems presbyterian you are an individual who seems to thrive on conflict. I have read mine. i posted a simple thread and you and a few others in this thread posted and attempted to turn a simple discussion thread into an argument and then when i pointed out that fact you attempted to try and turn the tables on me. Do not attempt that again.

I do not thrive on conflict, but this is nothing more than a wine thread. You still have not given a good reason as to why Cryptic should restrict a power that they gave to players just because it gives them an advantage over you. When you start this type of thread you should just naturally expect a certain amount of silliness. If you where to search my post history I normally avoid arguments, but this one is just to silly to avoid and honestly just plain entertaining.:cool:
    edited August 2010
    People only make those threads because they like to spread fear. Its like these religious zealots about 2012. I have someone who lives in my building that believes armageddon is coming in 2012. She's convinced that in 2012 the world is going to end.

LOL... Now THAT is funny. Does she wear a tinfoil hat as well?
    edited August 2010
    I do not thrive on conflict, but this is nothing more than a wine thread. You still have not given a good reason as to why Cryptic should restrict a power that they gave to players just because it gives them an advantage over you. When you start this type of thread you should just naturally expect a certain amount of silliness. If you where to search my post history I normally avoid arguments, but this one is just to silly to avoid and honestly just plain entertaining.:cool:

Nevermind what I've said before the more I respond to your posts the more you continue to try to get me to respond because your type does thrive on conflict good day.
    edited August 2010
    doesn't everyone have slipstream? so use your own.

Edit: Nevermind...I forgot that slipstream was only available to the retrofits.

So get a retrofit :p

Edit: Nevermind, again...I was right the first time :cool:

Just stop already. man.
    edited August 2010
    LOL... Now THAT is funny. Does she wear a tinfoil hat as well?

She's very old school religious. And she's not the only person. I've met young people too who are convinced by these so mayan predictions that the world is coming to an end. I call it all smoke and mirriors. Remember Y2K?
    edited August 2010
    She's very old school religious. And she's not the only person. I've met young people too who are convinced by these so mayan predictions that the world is coming to an end. I call it all smoke and mirriors. Remember Y2K?

Lets be honest and blunt here: You are wrong... The end of the world IS coming, and it will hit this planet hard and with so much destruction that no one will be left... No humans, no animals and no plants...

It won't happen in 2012 however, but in some 15 billion years or so (no need confirming this... i know im off).

OH.. and if she dosn't have a Tinfoil hat, you should give her one... It will make her happy.
    edited August 2010
    While I think the topic is related, maybe the over-crowding issue warrants it's own thread.
    edited August 2010
    Lets be honest and blunt here: You are wrong... The end of the world IS coming, and it will hit this planet hard and with so much destruction that no one will be left... No humans, no animals and no plants...

It won't happen in 2012 however, but in some 15 billion years or so (no need confirming this... i know im off).

OH.. and if she dosn't have a Tinfoil hat, you should give her one... It will make her happy.

well I guess I won't have to worry about it then will I? I won't be here in 15 billion years lol
    edited August 2010
    Please do not reg on this, earn your rank and you can do it too. It is the same as higher rank players flying faster then you normally. Last thing I want is something fun like "Slipsteam" being nerfed because of whining when it is fine, no added cool down, no cool down after you leave an instance and no restricting where you can use it. It really helps with thoes trips between Earth and DS9 while I don't have instand travel and because all the scan missions aren't retro active, I now have to go back with my VA and do 230 DXP missions each. Thank fully my other 2 toons are low enough that it won't be a pain.
    edited August 2010
    well I guess I won't have to worry about it then will I? I won't be here in 15 billion years lol

Don't be so sure...
    edited August 2010
    While I think the topic is related, maybe the over-crowding issue warrants it's own thread.

The overcrowding seems to be isolated to VA B'Tran. So we should look at this as an isolated incident. That being said if we look at the reasons behind the overcrowded we find that it is probably do to the fact that PvP is broken. If people where able to get their Emblems in PvP it would relieve allot of pressure on those trying to get them in B'Tran. So before Cryptic goes about trying to adjust the way B'Tran works they should probably fix PvP.
    edited August 2010
    The overcrowding seems to be isolated to VA B'Tran. So we should look at this as an isolated incident. That being said if we look at the reasons behind the overcrowded we find that it is probably do to the fact that PvP is broken. If people where able to get their Emblems in PvP it would relieve allot of pressure on those trying to get them in B'Tran. So before Cryptic goes about trying to adjust the way B'Tran works they should probably fix PvP.

They increased the player cap on the B'tran instances which has resulted in overcrowding.

But you are correct in that there are a number of factors at play here. Allowing more player into each instance. No level restrictions on the VA cluster. The fact that PvP is broken. Everyone's grind for emblems.

But the fix for B'Tran VA over crowding is very simple. One dev can change the player cap back to what B'Tran had before S2. They change one number in the code and push it thru on the nightly maintenance.

Fixing the B'Tran overcrowding issue would take one dev five minues.

Fixing PvP is going to be a much more daunting task.
    edited August 2010
    rangerxml wrote: »
    Please do not reg on this, earn your rank and you can do it too. It is the same as higher rank players flying faster then you normally. Last thing I want is something fun like "Slipsteam" being nerfed because of whining when it is fine, no added cool down, no cool down after you leave an instance and no restricting where you can use it. It really helps with thoes trips between Earth and DS9 while I don't have instand travel and because all the scan missions aren't retro active, I now have to go back with my VA and do 230 DXP missions each. Thank fully my other 2 toons are low enough that it won't be a pain.

here we go again....
    edited August 2010

I agree that pvp should be fixed as I don't like to pvp per say but there are some pvp dailies I do like to do more than others. Such as the borg kerrat system.
    edited August 2010
    STO is a game. A game is a competition against oneself or others. In a game with others, when competing for limited resources, players will use whatever means necessary to complete objectives or "win" the game. To do otherwise is discounting or changing the objectives of the game. Unless the player is cheating to obtain common objectives in a game, the original point of OP is whinefest.

Clusters are no different than resource nodes in WoW. You will always be competing against the player or chinese farmer who has a faster mount and general spawn points on timer and memorized (UFO clan in Ker'rat anyone?). To deny the use of a speed ability slows the game down for everyone and to deny another player the use of granted ability because you choose not use your same ability is a YOU problem, not an us problem...

"You play to win the game!" -- Herm Edwards
    edited August 2010

Oh yeah, I remember y2k. I was on a y2k taskforce at Data General. We had people in our building that night just in case we had to boot up machines and fudge dates on them to make them work.

But old school religious? Is she Mayan? None of the current religions predict the end of the world in 2012.
    edited August 2010
    here we go again another tough guy trying to strut his stuff....

And this is why you get flamed. Instead of answering to his objections in a neat and concise manner you seem content to just use pointless rhetoric to make your point seem more valid. Answer the man, don't just try and accuse him of being some tough guy strutting his stuff.
    edited August 2010
    STO is a game. A game is a competition against oneself or others. In a game with others, when competing for limited resources, players will use whatever means necessary to complete objectives or "win" the game. To do otherwise is discounting or changing the objectives of the game. Unless the player is cheating to obtain common objectives in a game, the original point of OP is whinefest.

Clusters are no different than resource nodes in WoW. You will always be competing against the player or chinese farmer who has a faster mount and general spawn points on timer and memorized (UFO clan in Ker'rat anyone?). To deny the use of a speed ability slows the game down for everyone and to deny another player the use of granted ability because you choose not use your same ability is a YOU problem, not an us problem...

"You play to win the game!" -- Herm Edwards

what you are doing is flaming and you have hereby been reported. good day young man.
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    Oh yeah, I remember y2k. I was on a y2k taskforce at Data General. We had people in our building that night just in case we had to boot up machines and fudge dates on them to make them work.

But old school religious? Is she Mayan? None of the current religions predict the end of the world in 2012.

Sorry, I am way off topic here. Sometimes I get carried away by tangents...
This discussion has been closed.