test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

slipstream ninjaing

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
Since getting to vice admiral I am now noticing an increase in ninjaing activities in the btran cluster vice admiral. people have been using their slip stream to steal scan anamlies right in front of me or to jump into an enemy system before I can get there or just as I get there they use slip stream to jump right in front of me. Has anyone else been encountering this? discuss.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I've had it happen to me and I've done it as well. It is annoying, but there isn't much that can be done about it.
    edited August 2010
    doesn't everyone have slipstream? so use your own.

Edit: Nevermind...I forgot that slipstream was only available to the retrofits.

So get a retrofit :p

Edit: Nevermind, again...I was right the first time :cool:
    edited August 2010
    I've had this happen to me as well at my local coffee shop. I enter the shop but someone else uses their slightly faster pace to get to the counter before me.

It's so aggravating.
    edited August 2010
    tbh this totally dosent annoy me . infact i known mself to go bah its just a scan and leave it for someone else =p
    edited August 2010

Slipstream is available to all ships, even runabouts. I had it happening to me but so far didn't do it myself.
    edited August 2010
    I do not know if I have stolen any missions from anyone, as I, tbh, take very little notice of the other players, but I do use the QSD to get to the anomalies and systems faster.

If you/once you have the QSD too, you will soon be doing the same, and I do not consider it "stealing a mission".. they got there first, and as such have the right to claim the mission..

In my opinion that is...
    edited August 2010

It is available to all Vice Admirals no matter what ship they use.
    edited August 2010
    K-Tar wrote:
    Slipstream is available to all ships, even runabouts. I had it happening to me but so far didn't do it myself.

I still have to buy one of those
    edited August 2010
    anazonda wrote: »
    I do not know if I have stolen any missions from anyone, as I, tbh, take very little notice of the other players, but I do use the QSD to get to the anomalies and systems faster.

If you/once you have the QSD too, you will soon be doing the same, and I do not consider it "stealing a mission".. they got there first, and as such have the right to claim the mission..

In my opinion that is...

If your approaching it and right in front of it and they use their drive to jump right in front of you in my opinion that's stealing
    edited August 2010
    attilio wrote: »
    It is available to all Vice Admirals no matter what ship they use.

that's odd that you say that because when i was on my soverign the other day the option was not available
    edited August 2010
    First Come First Serve, dont like it ? - Tough

If you want to fix this, ask Cryptic to either reduce the amount of follks that can be in a single exploration cluster instance or increase the respawn timers of these clusters. This is what you get when you make stuff everyone wants then dump the objective in a box ill-equiped to handle everyone trying to complete it.
    edited August 2010
    If your approaching it and right in front of it and they use their drive to jump right in front of you in my opinion that's stealing

But what if they had spotted it before you, and just wanted to get there first? If they did'n use the drive, then technically you would be the one stealing ;)
    that's odd that you say that because when i was on my soverign the other day the option was not available

You need to add it from your powers list to the tray: P -> Right-drag
    edited August 2010
    I tend to try and steer away from one if I see another person going for the same one. When they slipstream to jump in front and get it I just laugh - there is plenty to go around - I just fly to another one.:rolleyes:
    edited August 2010
    Valmar wrote: »
    I tend to try and steer away from one if I see another person going for the same one. When they slipstream to jump in front and get it I just laugh - there is plenty to go around - I just fly to another one.:rolleyes:

Pretty much this. If that one particular one is so important to them to use sliptsteam to get to it before you... then let them have it I say. There are plenty more in the area.
    edited August 2010
    J-Sheridan wrote:
    If you want to fix this, ask Cryptic to either reduce the amount of follks that can be in a single exploration cluster instance or increase the respawn timers of these clusters. This is what you get when you make stuff everyone wants then dump the objective in a box ill-equiped to handle everyone trying to complete it.

This pretty much. We should be asking Cryptic to improve the respawn timers (dynamic based on number of people in the instance maybe).
    edited August 2010
    This pretty much. We should be asking Cryptic to improve the respawn timers (dynamic based on number of people in the instance maybe).

Or remove slip-stream in the exploration clusters.
    edited August 2010
    J-Sheridan wrote:

Or how about folks just stop being ***holes?

If you were walking up to a counter to purchase something in a store, and maybe a foot away from the counter, someone ran in from outside and sidestepped you like you weren't there and demanded attention first for the same item, are you really going to tell me that wouldn't bother you?

Well, first come first serve, right?
    edited August 2010
    Or remove slip-stream in the exploration clusters.

I agree with this
    edited August 2010
    J-Sheridan wrote:

If your not going to be civil please don't post. Please go read the fourm rules about flaming. thank you. This is marely a dicussion thread.
    edited August 2010
    Or how about folks just stop being ***holes?

If you were walking up to a counter to purchase something in a store, and maybe a foot away from the counter, someone ran in from outside and sidestepped you like you weren't there and demanded attention first for the same item, are you really going to tell me that wouldn't bother you?

Well, first come first serve, right?

I completely agree with this. The fact the guy was using slipstream in btran was a clear indication he was trying to beat me to it.
    edited August 2010
    I slipstream inside of B'Tran, but not to ninja people, just to move from a dead area into an area with more anomalies.

Honestly though, this entire situation is completely ridiculous to begin with.

Cramming 1/2 the server into a B'Tran zone was a wonderful idea, I mean seriously, there are more players than anomalies!

Also, to make matters worse still, the painful, mind-numbing nurf to turn rates in sector space make even getting to anomalies a freaking nightmare.

Turn rate was fine before, fix it back, because the current state of turning in sector space is frustrating in the extreme. I don't care if it is canon, if it makes sense, or whatever, it is simply NOT FUN!
    edited August 2010
    Well, even if he/she does use slipstream to ninja your anomaly/unknown system, the fact is people, with or without slipstream, will still race for anomalies. Once i saw 3 ships headed to the same anomaly, and they were all probably spamming the f key.

So the problem isnt so much with slipstream as it is the way we obtain star cluster missions. Although i think we all know that.

Worst case, if you really want that anomaly, slipstream it yourself. If not, then it wasnt that impt to you anyway. Of course i tink you'll agree with me, slipstreaming it isnt worth it at all. Let people waste their drives as they like.
    edited August 2010

So what! There is no law preventing someone from using a new power to their advantage, and I highly doubt it has really impeded your ability to play the game.:rolleyes:
    edited August 2010
    DLRevan wrote: »
    Well, even if he/she does use slipstream to ninja your anomaly/unknown system, the fact is people, with or without slipstream, will still race for anomalies. Once i saw 3 ships headed to the same anomaly, and they were all probably spamming the f key.

So the problem isnt so much with slipstream as it is the way we obtain star cluster missions. Although i think we all know that.

Worst case, if you really want that anomaly, slipstream it yourself. If not, then it wasnt that impt to you anyway. Of course i tink you'll agree with me, slipstreaming it isnt worth it at all. Let people waste their drives as they like.

Does star trek online use multiple realm servers like world of warcraft or does it use only one server where everyone's character is hosted on?
    edited August 2010
    Presbytier wrote: »
    So what! There is no law preventing someone from using a new power to their advantage, and I highly doubt it has really impeded your ability to play the game.:rolleyes:

oh boy here we go again..... No it doesn't but getting ninjaed time after time again and again is starting to get a little frustrating and annoying so yes in a sense it is starting to affect me being able to get systems in the btran to explore.
    edited August 2010
    Does star trek online use multiple realm servers like world of warcraft or does it use only one server where everyone's character is hosted on?

It uses one persistent world server. How could you not know this?
    edited August 2010
    Presbytier wrote: »
    It uses one persistent world server. How could you not know this?

I'll tell you like I told the other guy if you can't be civil please stop. thank you. everyone else in this post has been civil towards everyone else.
    edited August 2010
    I'll tell you like I told the other guy if you can't be civil please stop. thank you. everyone else in this post has been civil towards everyone else.

No I meant that as a legitimate question. What lead you to believe otherwise? Oh, you can't really police your own thread especially when it is a whine post.
    edited August 2010
    Now what if you complete a mission and when you respawn back to the B'tran cluster, there's an anomaly sitting right in front of you. Do you not have every right to scan it?
    edited August 2010
    padrinho wrote: »
    Now what if you complete a mission and when you respawn back to the B'tran cluster, there's an anomaly sitting right in front of you. Do you not have every right to scan it?

yes you do. espcially if there is no other ships around you.
This discussion has been closed.