test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 12, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    I like IndigoFyre, s/he's funny. :)

Your Avatar Rocks...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    supai wrote: »
    without star trek online, i would never have started skilling amarr carrier

thank you so much! xD

I'm chewing on Capitol Remote Armor Repair 5 now myself..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Marsalla wrote:
    Speak for yourself "paleface" some of us were here when you dragged your miserable half starved butts to shore.. ^^

And took all the land by force and got a darn huge chunk out of it. We can go on and on about the past.

I am just setting this up for a point for EVERYONE to know.

"Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it"

I can say no one truly understands that quote due to the fact that people are still killing over material items, there is no world peace, there are still classes of people by the money they earn/have. The list goes on but you get the point I hope.

If not, then welcome to the doomed repeaters.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:

Yeah but since IndigoFrye is on 'duty', s/he's getting the brunt of the hatred for something totally out of their control.

I always feel sorry for CS/customer messaging/GM's when the venom starts spewing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:

No, you just want to **** her
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TallBear wrote:
    You clearly dont understand what happened

the servers CRASHED... it would normally take 1-2 hrs to get them up... so.. lets do it the way you want and others want... they just bring back the servers after the crash 2 hrs later... to what??? only take them down 1 hr later for 2 hrs of sched maint? ABSURD

Just do the maint and bring them up...

The way you and others would have it, we'd have 2 hrs downtime, about 1 hr uptime, then 2 hrs for maint....

wouldn't u rather they use the 2hrs from the crash to do their maint so it doesn't have to go down for another two hrs?

I mean seriously.. a 7th grader can figure this out more than most of the complainers on here

Youor comment makes absolutly no sense.. i was refering to the post that was posted yesterday for tonight saying scheduled down time 10pm to 12am PST will be brining servers down for maint / updates and for them to want to do this on a friday night of all times is just plane silly. Whats any of this that i have mentioned have anything to do with a server crash ?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    14082008 wrote:
    MY GMT calculations must be out. Thought it would be back up here on AUS east coast by now. 8amGMT means 6pm here. Almost half hour past now.

No they said the servers would be up at 12AM PT (GMT-8).. it is now 11:39PM (GMT-8)

so they still have 20mins about
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sternus wrote:
    Here is some more for ya REMF. NOONE CARES WHAT YOU THINK PANTY SNEEZE! >ahem< k?

Dude you need to shut up. Even I'm noy that insulting when I troll here. The worst I've probably said is that the Army taught me high standards, and that the civi's should have to have high standards as well. My rule of thumb is: Enlist. Deploy for 12 to 15 months. Come home. Talk all you want. Maybe you did that maybe you didnt. We use Fobit as an insult now btw. And when I say "talk all you want" I dont mean go around calling people names you learned in middle school. Grow up and be a real troll. if you're going to shoot your moth off, use something clever or vague. You remind me of my cousin who is a ignorent tard and acts just like you. I caught him smoking pot off my back portch when im 20ft from the highway.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm...all these complaints and people raging about how much they hate the game and that this downtime is making them cry to momma...

Well, that made me realize something. People are whining because they can't play a game they hate? I seriously doubt it. Just admit it, you love the game and miss it because you have a couple hours you can't play it!

=D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Downtime in US Prime? Now I am content...especially after 45 pages.

Now Image it happened nearly EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and welcome to my little world ... I could proffer the typical seppo response of 'suck it up'...but I am above that kind of childrens stuff ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Marsalla wrote:
    Speak for yourself "paleface" some of us were here when you dragged your miserable half starved butts to shore.. ^^

Damn ....Epic win. I give. (Bowing to the best arguement.)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phoxe wrote:
    UPDATE 2: We have decided to push the patch during this unexpected downtime. Maintenance is scheduled to be over at 12am PST (8am GMT)

Thanks for the update :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:

Indigo also updates us pretty well. If you noticed s/he has posted more in this thread than I have seen many devs post in all the forums.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Marsalla wrote:
    I'm chewing on Capitol Remote Armor Repair 5 now myself..

You don't want to know what i'm chewing on right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    EvilBunBun wrote:
    Yeah but since IndigoFrye is on 'duty', s/he's getting the brunt of the hatred for something totally out of their control.

I always feel sorry for CS/customer messaging/GM's when the venom starts spewing.

But, I NEVER work front line. At best I'm support for operations level 2 or three

So it goes CS 1->2->TS 1->2 -> operations 1 -> 2 then me :)

I sort of make that a job requirement :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I thought the TOS uniforms were part of the Digital Deluxe Edition?

No depends on which retailer u got it from
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I just ate a whole tub of no bake cookies, and they were awesome.

I'd like to thank Cryptic for making that possible, I may have never gotten up otherwise.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oblivisci wrote:
    I just ate a whole tub...

... of Crisco here!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Romabeo wrote:
    Indigo also updates us pretty well. If you noticed s/he has posted more in this thread than I have seen many devs post in all the forums.

Well devs try to stay somewhat isolated, there are likely sock puppets or they just watch, then pass on what they think should be posted to CS/TS (customer support, technical support)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Casull454 wrote: »
    You remind me of my cousin who is a ignorent tard and acts just like you. I caught him smoking pot off my back portch when im 20ft from the highway.

What, who, huh, what about pot? What's wrong with Pot?

Amsterdam has it, Canada has it, USA has it as medical. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Naverino wrote: »
    You don't want to know what i'm chewing on right now.

LOL youre right! I really don't :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dread73 wrote: »
    Downtime in US Prime? Now I am content...especially after 45 pages.

Now Image it happened nearly EVERY SINGLE NIGHT and welcome to my little world ... I could proffer the typical seppo response of 'suck it up'...but I am above that kind of childrens stuff ;)

Well don't be TOO content, it was 1:07AM eastern when it went down... not really prime for that part of the country.... except for addicts like me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, I like your thinking.

I think I'll replace one of my torpedo with a disruptor cannon and retain one of my tac BOs to know rapid fire.

Maybe I should trade HY for torpedo spread. Then with that and scramble sensors I could nom on a fedball.

hrm.

Spread and HY share same global cd. Currently I use Spread I and HY II on my Tac BO ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Your Avatar Rocks...

Thanks... took alot of scrolling through Google images and then Photoshop to get it, :)
    EvilBunBun wrote:

Me too, I try to go easy on them, I worked in CS in stores for years, it can be brutal.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Whrlwnd13 wrote: »
    Is there an ignore function to the forums?? can we get one??? Don't need to hear this liberal BS; America bashing. We get enough from the mainstram media, and our elected officials.

Ive got a better idea can we maybe start having bans on the next person to make such a statement or the statement said person quoted for that matter? I know the servers still down and all but looking at the frankly pathetic state its in right now can it be locked please? So many of these comments have no place in the same location as Star Trek.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alyara wrote:
    Hmm...all these complaints and people raging about how much they hate the game and that this downtime is making them cry to momma...

Well, that made me realize something. People are whining because they can't play a game they hate? I seriously doubt it. Just admit it, you love the game and miss it because you have a couple hours you can't play it!

=D
    Give it up to ADDICTION there all hooked :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    in the immortal words of the nameless console operator in any Bond film from the 70's "15 minutes and cownting"

and to the poster above...the correct spelling is 'they're', it's stil pronounced the same as 'their' and 'there'...it will become important later in life...jk
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, I like your thinking.

I think I'll replace one of my torpedo with a disruptor cannon and retain one of my tac BOs to know rapid fire.

Maybe I should trade HY for torpedo spread. Then with that and scramble sensors I could nom on a fedball.

hrm.

Actually i found out torps are USELESS until the later part of the game

If you have a cruiser... you can slap on 7 beams and 3 eps power conduits.. turn on your side and do FAR more dps that if you had torps... I'm pretty sure the EPS consoles will get a future nerf, but when I'm operating at 600-700% of my power xfer... the ship can keep up with 7-8 beams and with my skills maxxed... each beams are cranking out around 500dps or 3500-4000dps total.

So far I have actually found very little use for torps on my cruiser. I have a purple tri cobalt MK X... but 70% of the time npcs or pcs shoot it down.. so i didn't bother.... so until the EPS things get a nerf.. it's all beams for me... and that's the highest dps a cruiser can output... and torps only lower that

here's the issue.. shields red kinetic dmg... HULLS do NOT reduce beam dmg unless a PC or NPC specifically specs for it.. and even then 20% isn't going to do a lot against 4K dps... and once my anti proton skills are maxed and I have 8 AP beams, I'll be doing 5-6K dps

TBH that sort of seems like an out of balance issue
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't expect you to actually DO it, but how about some cryptic points. Many of us are lifetime subscribers (like me). I wouldn't mind adding a 'cryptic store' character to my account for free or discounted. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't expect you to actually DO it, but how about some cryptic points. Many of us are lifetime subscribers (like me). I wouldn't mind adding a 'cryptic store' character to my account for free or discounted. :)

Call me wishful thinker

this MAY be a double post seeing a weird delay message :)
This discussion has been closed.