test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Scheduled Maintenance (February 12, 2010)

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    14082008 wrote:
    MY GMT calculations must be out. Thought it would be back up here on AUS east coast by now. 8amGMT means 6pm here. Almost half hour past now.

8am GMT is half hour away.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is a pretty lame time to be brining down the server i mean this is like PRIME game time for the west coast couldnt you do like other games do and bring server down like around 3am or something ?

You clearly dont understand what happened

the servers CRASHED... it would normally take 1-2 hrs to get them up... so.. lets do it the way you want and others want... they just bring back the servers after the crash 2 hrs later... to what??? only take them down 1 hr later for 2 hrs of sched maint? ABSURD

Just do the maint and bring them up...

The way you and others would have it, we'd have 2 hrs downtime, about 1 hr uptime, then 2 hrs for maint....

wouldn't u rather they use the 2hrs from the crash to do their maint so it doesn't have to go down for another two hrs?

I mean seriously.. a 7th grader can figure this out more than most of the complainers on here
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TallBear wrote:
    I'm sure there is :) But until you find it, you'll have to deal with my posts :) I could easily ignore you yahoos, but I like to see what kind of people are ruining our country.. and how do you know i'm liberal? LOL

A republican could say the exact same thing. this has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative.

Has to do with ignorance, bigotry, and self superiority

So you have found us in our super secret STO forum. Now we will have to find another venue for our " how to control and TRIBBLE up the world meetings". Quick! EVERYONE SCATTER!!!!:eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    14082008 wrote:
    MY GMT calculations must be out. Thought it would be back up here on AUS east coast by now. 8amGMT means 6pm here. Almost half hour past now.

i believe your calculations are about an hour off
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ilarcek wrote:
    Oh give me a break with the race TRIBBLE. They're euros, they aren't a different "race". They're just arrogant *******s.

We're only human.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Romabeo wrote:
    That was in the last patch =] All my officers are wearing TOS

O.O.....

NOBODY TELLS ME THESE THINGS ANYMORE!!!!!

Now doesn't count....read the notes and didnt' see it....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nitee wrote:
    You know we weren't affected in ww1 an we bailed your euro butt out we weren't bothered by hitler in ww2 an we came over an bailed your sorry butts out a 2nd time so deal with the down time go out enjoy the sunshine an come back when its up in an hour

Lol, now I know what QQ means.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    O.O.....

NOBODY TELLS ME THESE THINGS ANYMORE!!!!!

Now doesn't count....read the notes and didnt' see it....

I thought the TOS uniforms were part of the Digital Deluxe Edition?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just before the downtime I was trying to outfit my tier 2 raptor with 3 front torpedoes and a disruptor turret in the back. Then have my lt tac BO know torp high yield 1 and torp high yield 2 and my ensing BO know torp high yield 1.

My plan was to always have a torpedo firing with some kind buff and the disruptor turret on auto.

but NOOOOO all like weapons/powers have cooldowns.

CURSE YOU CRYPTIC!!!
    Not sure how long it is, but honestly with just HY1 and 2 by the time the cooldown is up after firing HY1, HY2's global will have been over and you could fire it, by the time HY2's cooldown was up HY1 would be ready to fire again. No need for a third HY....imo.

I do this with Sensor Jam 1 and 2 all the time. The global is something like 30 secs, the cooldown is 1 minute plus a few. So I open with SJ1 as soon as it ends and the global has ended, I hit SJ2, wait until the global ends again and hit SJ1. Theoretically, I could keep an opponent Jammed up until they are dead in 1v1 PvP.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just before the downtime I was trying to outfit my tier 2 raptor with 3 front torpedoes and a disruptor turret in the back. Then have my lt tac BO know torp high yield 1 and torp high yield 2 and my ensing BO know torp high yield 1.

My plan was to always have a torpedo firing with some kind buff and the disruptor turret on auto.

CURSE YOU CRYPTIC!!!

LOL that's right. You must have the same rules I did in EQ1 and 2. I worked for Verant before SOE bought EQ1 as a programmer.... then as an EQ1 and EQ2 GM.. we were allowed to play.. but just not on our own servers....

ummm question.. there is only one SERVER here LOL! so I assume you guys must have a non GM account you must play

But it's nice to see even the gms get smacked when off duty by the downtime.

And the funny thing is. People run all over thinking cryptic needs to know the server crashed when they don't realize just how many off duty GMs are playing AND the on duty ones. Every on duty GM knows the instant the servers crash as well as any dev or nox enginer @ cryptic who is on duty heheheh
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    *insert generic insult about non-americans here*

There, now I feel like I'm part of something important.

Just remember that I helped make the world a better place.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is a pretty lame time to be brining down the server i mean this is like PRIME game time for the west coast couldnt you do like other games do and bring server down like around 3am or something ?

It's a crash, and acknowledged as one, thy just figured they may as well kill 2 bird with one stone and do the patch now (probably tacking in something to fix the crash issue too).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ilarcek wrote:
    Oh give me a break with the race TRIBBLE. They're euros, they aren't a different "race". They're just arrogant *******s.

I'm not arrogant. And tarnishing every European person as arrogant makes you look stupid imo.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I bet we are getting Respec feature.

lol... you wish. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ilarcek wrote:

You are just as arrogant with that type of comment.

Then again our ancestors were originally from European areas who came over to form the first colonies.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    whitman911 wrote: »
    Is freedom a just cause? For anyone? If I saw a person being held in subjugation, would I be wrong for wanting them free?

This is what I am thinking as I serve that cause.

If you find just cause to be there then I commend you. I have many friends who feel the same and are over there right now. Just because I cannot find a just reason does not mean there isn't one. And I am glad to have men and women much wiser than I are protecting me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Another American opinion, "As long as its not affecting me then its great" Neh?

We know for a fact there are more EU players than there are American so keep ****ing us off and
    you will feel the wrath of (no not kahn) but the EU players as they drop off due to:

a. lack of interest in game since
    1. Klingon are not fully done,
    2. The game itself lacks anything worth doing after the first week of hard core playing

b. lack of gametime due to:
    1. crashing in the first weeks(its become better but still crashing)
    2. maintanence is scheduelled around high peak game time on weekend in EU

c. Overall disgust over being treated as a secondary playerclass to amereicans whom have been treated first calss even though they in reality are a minority.

Pretty hypocritical and pig headed way of looking at things, isn't it?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kraevac wrote: »
    Not sure how long it is, but honestly with just HY1 and 2 by the time the cooldown is up after firing HY1, HY2's global will have been over and you could fire it, by the time HY2's cooldown was up HY1 would be ready to fire again. No need for a third HY....imo.

I do this with Sensor Jam 1 and 2 all the time. The global is something like 30 secs, the cooldown is 1 minute plus a few. So I open with SJ1 as soon as it ends and the global has ended, I hit SJ2, wait until the global ends again and hit SJ1. Theoretically, I could keep an opponent Jammed up until they are dead in 1v1 PvP.

Hmm, I like your thinking.

I think I'll replace one of my torpedo with a disruptor cannon and retain one of my tac BOs to know rapid fire.

Maybe I should trade HY for torpedo spread. Then with that and scramble sensors I could nom on a fedball.

hrm.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DrZagreus wrote: »
    I understand that you paid for skirts and you want skirts. But is it really required. I mean OMG I can't complete a mission because I ain't got a skirt. Aesthetics changes although many will find them good changes I would hardly call it required.

You missed my point.

Is it important to ME since I paid for it, not immediately important, maybe not even important at all.

HOWEVER, it's pretty dang important to the legal team at atari/cryptic, promising something and not delivering when cash has changed hands is a felony or at a minimum could lead to a civil class action suit. That makes it important to the business units too. For them to 'overcome' this they'd have to have EVERY collectors edition purchaser 'sign off that it's ok' for all time, though there may be a loophole in the AUP (acceptable usage policy), but there are states and countries where that doesn't matter.

ALSO there will be a lot more in this patch set than JUST skirts (or so I'm assuming as every patch set so far has bundled at least 8 changes/fixes that they talked about, and I assume about 10x that number not in the patch notes (for the infrastructure))

What they need to 'learn' how to do is 'atomic patch sets' where you have the servers with TWO sets of code/applications in different directory structures you have the 'active' set and a 'backup/old' set you update the 'backup/old set' of all the servers then 'flip the switch' making that the active set... if there's a problem you flip it back. This however doesn't work on schema/table changes in the databases, and also you can have problems if there is a 'schema' change required to the databases in the new code that is not compatible with the old code, that requires the 'long (current)' type of outages.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    whitman911 wrote: »
    Is freedom a just cause? For anyone? If I saw a person being held in subjugation, would I be wrong for wanting them free?

This is what I am thinking as I serve that cause.

Service to ones country is one of the highest callings anyone can undertake.

That said, defending ones own freedom and the freedom of your country is a just cause.

Forcing freedom onto another country with the broad sword of military might, when not asked, is not just.
    Entire countries are being held in subjugation in one form or another. Are you advocating for the invasion of China, North Korea, Somalia, Cuba, Sudan, Saudi Arabia, Iran, .... the list goes on.

The way to advocate for others freedom is not through military means, but through civilian means.
    Human rights watch, Amnesty International and dozens of international church based organizations are more appropriate and effective and achieving freedom for individuals and peoples alike.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why is this EU vs US argument still going? Way I see you got what you wanted with this crash. The Eu-ers were complaining that no maintenance was being done during US prime time, well, with the crash last night, you've pretty much got what you wanted this time round.

Cryptic is doing maintenance during a time period that's proving better for the EU than it is for the US, so quit your whining for once and let the argument lie.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hash420 wrote:
    You are just as arrogant with that type of comment.

Then again our ancestors were originally from European areas who came over to form the first colonies.

Speak for yourself "paleface" some of us were here when you dragged your miserable half starved butts to shore.. ^^
  • Options
    edited February 2010

CURSE YOU CRYPTIC!!!

You're funny. You should get a raise. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Marsalla wrote:
    Speak for yourself "paleface" some of us were here when you dragged your miserable half starved butts to shore.. ^^

Some of us were? Dang your'e old.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm, I like your thinking.

I think I'll replace one of my torpedo with a disruptor cannon and retain one of my tac BOs to know rapid fire.

Maybe I should trade HY for torpedo spread. Then with that and scramble sensors I could nom on a fedball.

hrm.

If you go that route, get Disruptor Heavy Cannons. Slower fire rate, but rapid fire will help with that. Better to get more bang for your buck.

I'm assuming you are Tac...how many Tac slots do you have?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kraevac wrote: »
    I don't disagree, however in all honesty, those same countries/nations that were around for 1000s of years were doing exactly what you say we are doing....Rome did it, England did it, France did it, Germany did it......no one is immune to feeling that they are better than the guy next door.....its about getting over those iilusions and trying not to be better than others but bringing others up to a standard equal to ours (ours not being the US, ours being the industrial world).

Point taken, and very well said on your part. I 100% agree.

Of course since I'm an STO fan, I'm a believer in a world government which OMG is considered SUPER taboo to most of the USA lol. Have a WW consitution. Make the UN something of value, make it the world govt and make all the countries a "country state" in the WW govt

although I know this won't happen.. too many people afraid of losing their way of life, etc.. to many corps worried about losing control....

It will take something like WWII, a major disaster (something that kills off a good 1/2 the planets population) to get people to change... which is sort of sad that that is what it would take to get ppl to change.. if at all

What SHOCKS me is this:

ST:TOS, ST:TNG, ST:DS9, ST:Voy, ST PERIOD is one of THE most LIBERAL TV shows and movies of all times..... lol they PUSH liberal values and agendas on the viewing audience... which of course I do not mind...

But what strikes me odd is to see the hyper (beyond ultra conservatives) on these forums as I would think the ST universe would not appeal to them in any way AT ALL
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hmm looks like I can go watch Burst Angel till i comes back up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

CURSE YOU CRYPTIC!!!

I like IndigoFyre, s/he's funny. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    without star trek online, i would never have started skilling amarr carrier

thank you so much! xD
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Naverino wrote: »
    Some of us were? Dang your'e old.