Install Arc
Options

List the Bigest Mysteries in Star Trek 2

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Gundarr wrote:
    Did you notice that when people order tea from the replicator they always state they want it "hot"? And when they order coffee (or the klingon counterpart), it apparantly comes out hot without this extra statement?

Is the default temperature for tea set to "cold"?

That's weird, meaby there are less options for coffee?
    piwright42 wrote: »
    TOS' Lt. Leslie. If I had three Lt. Leslies I would own Alpha Quadrant. He worked the engineering station on the bridge most of the time, but I've seen Lt Leslie in security garb and he survived TOS. He even survived death when the Dikironiumcloud creature drained all his red corpuscles. I've seen Leslie in science blues working sick bay. I've seen him in Operations gold playing helmsman for Kirk. I've seen Leslie in a red duty jumpsuit working on the warp core for Scotty. He is everywhere doing everything. I've even seen him in his red shirt sitting in the captain's chair on the Enterprise's bridge! How can this one officer be so brilliant as to wear so many hats, while being nigh indestructible enough to survive being a red shirt and still only be a Lieutenant?

I guess that one actor was used for alot of different roles. I noticed the same thing in a few TNG episodes. A red shirt that was killed in one episode was sitting and drinking coffey in the backround of another episode.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    I appologise in advance if this question makes no sense.
    In my AP Biology class we learned that a species is defined as a group of organisms that can interbreed to produce fertal offspring. In ST there are occasions when people from different 'species' have interbreed and produced fertal offspring. Does this mean that these different organisms are actually from the same species? The best example I can think of is Alexandar, Worf's son. Alexander's mother was half Human and half Klingon while Worf is a Klingon. Does this mean that Humans and Klingons are the same species, but with minor differences?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Gold-Eagle wrote: »
    I appologise in advance if this question makes no sense.
    In my AP Biology class we learned that a species is defined as a group of organisms that can interbreed to produce fertal offspring. In ST there are occasions when people from different 'species' have interbreed and produced fertal offspring. Does this mean that these different organisms are actually from the same species? The best example I can think of is Alexandar, Worf's son. Alexander's mother was half Human and half Klingon while Worf is a Klingon. Does this mean that Humans and Klingons are the same species, but with minor differences?

there was a tng episode that said that all the humanoid races where created by one very ancient race, so that the genetics were similar.

they would be different species but with enough genetic material still the same to reproduce between species
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Tason wrote:
    What is Guinan?

She seems to be able to tangle with Q in Q-Who, and even assuming El-Aurians live for 100s of years, she was alive and well...700 years ago!

I just thought of a possable answer for this. Could Guinan be one of Trelain's parents? It would explain her powers.

A question I have is about the Origional Series City on the Edge of Forever. When Kirk asks a question the Guardian reacts to Kirk's question, but a few seconds earlier Kirk had already asked a question. Why didn't the Guardian respond to Kirk's first question?

Live long and prosper!
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In the new timeline, will the El-Aurian species make an appreance? Will they have any perceptions that the timeline/reality has been altered?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    In the new timeline, will the El-Aurian species make an appreance? Will they have any perceptions that the timeline/reality has been altered?

Would Guinan be able to tell that the alternate universe has changed, like in Yesterday's Enterprise?
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    And her species, or at least a significant part of them, survived Borg attacks. That shows that her species is powerful.

They didn't survive Borg attacks because they were powerful...they "survived" because they got split up and scattered across the universe. Her race were not warlike in any way...a race of listeners.
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    Would Guinan be able to tell that the alternate universe has changed, like in Yesterday's Enterprise?

I would say that they would be able to tell something.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    In ST: The First Contact it is stated that the First Contact between humans and Vulcans was in 2063. Does that mean that in 53 years the Vulcans will make First Contact? With all the discrepencies between the ST universe and the real universe is there any hope in things turning out the way they did in ST?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    There always have been discrepancies and will be. Between the years of TOS and TNG, for example, there were a few books that came out. Most notably, a space flight chronology that gave a record of space flight from man's beginnings to TOS. It came out when the space shuttle just entered service and includes it, but from there...it has not followed history so well. Real world advances have not been made, for example. (No Moon Base. No regular flights to the moon, etc.)

This is also an occurence/problem with other such things, such as "Legion of SuperHeroes" in DC comics. To combat such things, they have taken the step to always move their timeline one year into the future and any older stories are re-worked (thanks to many Crisises).
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What do Replicated Cookies taste like :eek: ?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What do Replicated Cookies taste like :eek: ?

Shhh... Don't ask that question, the Smilies will get you....

Oh... Wait.. Wrong Universe, so sorry, please continue

/scuddles into the void...
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What would Counselor Troi be like in the Mirror Universe?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    What would Counselor Troi be like in the Mirror Universe?

I am thinking "wider grin/smile" and "more knives"...

That or she'd be just like Marina Sirtis iRL!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    How long did Empress Sato rule Earth in the Mirror Universe?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Would Data and Lore be reversed in the Mirror Universe?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    how many weapons could mirror universe soon install on mirror universe war androids data and lore?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Why could Ro Laren and Geordi run around the Enterprise after bing put out of Phase and yet walk through walls with no problems?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Why could Ro Laren and Geordi run around the Enterprise after bing put out of Phase and yet walk through walls with no problems?

Why didn't they fall through the floor during that episode?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    How is it that every single person on the Enterprise wasn't addicted to the holodeck? I would never leave that place. :D
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Alluria80 wrote:
    How is it that every single person on the Enterprise wasn't addicted to the holodeck? I would never leave that place. :D

I guess because they always have that technology it seems common place. It would probably be like how we consider tvs and computers common.

What happened to Wesley Crusher in the "alternate plains of reality"?

Why did the writers put in "alternate plains of reality"?:confused:
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Fulzo wrote: »
    What do the Breen actually look like
    Breen are actually Carrie Fisher:
    http://www.padawansguide.com/originaltrilogy/boushh2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    404 error

when did wessly discover crusher particles? cause i don't remember that happening but i see it on the loading screen all the time.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Why is the origional series episode 'Friday's Child' called 'Friday's Child'? I didn't think the tiear's wife was named Friday, but I might have missed something during the episode.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Why is the origional series episode 'Friday's Child' called 'Friday's Child'? I didn't think the tiear's wife was named Friday, but I might have missed something during the episode.

Fridays Child was the Original title of the Rodo Reporthttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QbtIgFWGMpY -
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    No one knows what ever happened to those alien parasites that were trying to take over the Federation in TNG season 1. That's the Star Trek mystery for the ages.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Didn't those parasite aliens send some transmition to thier homeworld at the end of that episode?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    who the hell thought Wesley Crusher was a good character?
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    They did! But then they were never heard from again. Like I said, big mystery.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    who the hell thought Wesley Crusher was a good character?

Probably the same people that thought that Neelix would be a good character... man I hate that hedgehog...