Options

List the Bigest Mysteries in Star Trek 2

167891012»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    DES_SNIPER wrote: »
    The article leaves out "Squire of Gothos" which is by all means a Proto-Q as is mentioned in the novel "Q-Squared"

Ahh yes, but is it canon or cannon?:D
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BJBeard wrote:
    1)
    Why would Spock just accept he is stuck in that alternate timeline? That violates the Prime Directive, the Temproal Prime Directive, and really has to have ****ed off both Daniel's and the USS Relativity...AS Braxton would say, "At least Janeway didn't cause this problem!" The fact that he just shrugged it off is WAY outta character for him. Unless Spock Prime is actually from another reality, not the primeline.

I guess that the universe was so messed up by that point that the Prime Directive didn't really matter any more. Spock had already broken the Prime Directive when he gave Scotty the formula for beaming people onto a ship moving at warp speed.
    MGDawson wrote: »
    DS9
    How shuttles (e.g. Rio Grande) exactly fit the DS9 docking lifts despite it being a Cardassian station. Shuttles are hardly light...

Meaby some of the engeniers adjusted the docking lifts to hold the runabouts before Siscko got to DS9. Or meaby the docking lifts could be adjusted for different types of shuttle crafts.

I have two mirror universe questions.

1) Why wasn't the tos mirror universe ahead of the regular universe? In the mirror Enterprise universethey stole technology from the future, shouldn't the tos mirror universe be more advanced?

2) What would the mirror universe Borg be like? :eek:
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The mirror universe was not so concerned with the advancement of technology as long as theirs was even or ahead of everyone else's. Being a militaritsic culture, they we're more concerned with conquest and subjugation of subordinate species. And rather than research new tech, they just steal it from whoever develops the new and improved toy on the blockl.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    He SAVED EARTH. It's not really that hard to get. He made the right connections between various facts, and made the right decisison where everyone else failed.

The real question is: What planet was Future-Real-Timeline Spock on that he could so easily see Vulcan imploding? I thought Vulcan didn't have a moon, so what could it be?

I KNOW!

They claim Delta Vega, but according to my desk atlas that is wwaaaaaaayyyy over here *points* while Vulcan was waaaaaaaaaaay over here! *points NOT POSSIBLE!

Someone earlier asked about docking lifts in DS9 and shuttles.

It also housed a Romulan Talon Class (runabout) in the one episode where they gave the false rod to the ambassador. So it would seem that they are capable of maintaining any number of specie's vessels. Let's not also forget that in space weight is somewhat meaningless. Just turn off the grav-plating and use magnets to hold the shuttle in place as you push or pull it. A LOT less stress of mechanics. Besides, that station went through any number of refits and did seem to be a commerce hub before the Federation even made the scene, so it seems probably that it was always or almost always like that.

Here's mine. Are those spooky near-death-experience aliens from Voyager a universal constant? or are they just isolated to the Delta Quadrant? I really don't like the idea even in fiction of a race of aliens that abducts our consciousness from our bodies just before death like it's an afterlife then eat us slowly over centuries. That's straight up whack!
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Why does Khan's minute in ST:II TWoK (I mean no pun in this), last more than one minute?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Do any civilizations use Quatloos, or is it just the three Gamesters?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    just the three I think. Currency types have changed often in our own planetery history.
    Quatloos were likely a currency from thier society that no longer exists
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How does the Romulan Govt (Pre-destruction) function.

Since they are an "Empire", where is the Emperor?

Are the "Senators" elected or appointed?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Why does Khan's minute in ST:II TWoK (I mean no pun in this), last more than one minute?

The God know as Kirk had the ability to slow down time, but just a minute at a time and he chose that minute.
    Maybe a minute is longer in the future, like it is divisible according to a stardate, say 1/50?
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DES_SNIPER wrote: »
    How does the Romulan Govt (Pre-destruction) function.

Since they are an "Empire", where is the Emperor?

Are the "Senators" elected or appointed?
    Let me answer part of your question with another question: If the Klingon Empire is an Empire, where was the Emperor in the years immediately predating the return of Kahless? Just because it is an Empire, does not neccessarily mean it will have an Emperor (strangely). Take the British Empire: although Victoria was Empress of India, she was the Queen of England, not Empress.
    Bear in mind that the Romulan Star Empire is based on the Roman Empire, although it actually uses a structure closer to that of the Roman Republic. From this, I would guess that it operates in a similar way to the Roman Senate.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The Klingon empire Was run by an appointed chancelor. He served as a place holder until the Return of Kahless.

The Romulan senators were elected but the talshiar Heavilt influenced who got into the senate. Via assassinations, intimidations, and propaganda. Least ways thats what I got from ST:TNG in the episode were picard goes looking for spork.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The Klingon empire Was run by an appointed chancelor. He served as a place holder until the Return of Kahless.
    It was actually run by emperors for many years after Kahless originally left. It was only later that it started being run by a chancellor. However my point still stands in that for a civilisation to be an Empire, it does not neccessarily need an Emperor (whether the chancellor is a placeholder or not, he is most certainly not an emperor).
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Gold-Eagle wrote: »
    To quote JonathanMax for the first mystery, "Toilets. You never see them on screen." :D

Well I am not going to read though 34+ pages, but We did see one in Star Trek V, when Kirk, Spock, and Bones were in the brig. Kirk said "I gotta sit down." and hit a buttonon the wall and the lav came out of the wall.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    In Nemesis, how was it possible for the Remans to build any ship "Secretly" especially one as big and advanced as the Semitar? How did they "Develop" the technology of firing while cloaked? Did they find the Klingon plans from the BoP of ST:VI?
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    well their planet is were rescources for the romulan empire comes from right? The certainly had the materials and they had secret allies inside the senate and romulan military... So it probably wasn't THAT hard.