test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

List the Bigest Mysteries in Star Trek 2

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Gold-Eagle wrote: »
    Why can't William Shatner accept that his character died in ST Generations?

Shatner stories aside, there is one reason in Generations to believe Kirk is still "alive".
    edited April 2010
    Gold-Rush wrote: »
    Shatner stories aside, there is one reason in Generations to believe Kirk is still "alive".

Whadda ya mean.... Shatner died during the filming of TJ Hooker. He is just well pickled.
    edited April 2010
    Harlech wrote:
    Whadda ya mean.... Shatner died during the filming of TJ Hooker. He is just well pickled.

Oh, didn't you hear? They had a "Search for Shatner" movie and he came back as an attorney at a top Boston law firm. He still had some pickle-juice in him, it seems! ;)
    edited April 2010
    Harlech wrote:

Nimoy was there, too...
    edited April 2010
    Gold-Rush wrote: »
    Oh, didn't you hear? They had a "Search for Shatner" movie and he came back as an attorney at a top Boston law firm. He still had some pickle-juice in him, it seems! ;)

Lol, did Kirk transfer his Karta to Captain Picard and a genosis device bring his body back to life?

Wow, it's weird to see Nimloy acting with Shattner but not wearing pointy ears. :)
    edited April 2010
    Why didn't they just make peace with Khan and give him a tribble? :D In fact, why don't they pass them out during first contact and diplomatic missions??

Hmm humanoid...has ears...Here have a tribble.

*pet pet* ahhhhh, what were we fighting about??
    edited April 2010
    Onisius wrote:
    Have they found the "G Spot"? If yes, for which species?
    It's the 24th century yanno. :D
    They long ago stopped searching for mythological creations.
    edited April 2010
    They long ago stopped searching for mythological creations.

Hearing someone repeatedly agree with the ceiling proves otherwise.
    edited April 2010
    If Kirk knew the weakest spot on his ship was the left side when they started to raise shields, then why would he let a ship thats not answering hails approach on that side be they good or bad ??
    edited April 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    Why didn't they just make peace with Khan and give him a tribble? :D In fact, why don't they pass them out during first contact and diplomatic missions??

Hmm humanoid...has ears...Here have a tribble.

*pet pet* ahhhhh, what were we fighting about??

That might not work in First Contact situations if the humanoids turn out to be similar to klingons. I doubt there would be a good reaction if a tribble started shreeking at it's new owner.
    If Kirk knew the weakest spot on his ship was the left side when they started to raise shields, then why would he let a ship thats not answering hails approach on that side be they good or bad ??

Because as Khan said, "We're all one big happy fleet." (I know he said something to this effect, I might have garbbled the quote though.)

What impact does Spock Prime have on the new ST timeline? Also, what would happen if Spock 2 died? Would Spock Prime die also? I dislike time loops.
    edited April 2010
    Why does this thread keep getting burried?
    edited April 2010
    Why does this thread keep getting burried?

because it takes a while to digest temporal discussions. Also the head aches take a while to subside.
    edited April 2010
    Capulet wrote: »
    because it takes a while to digest temporal discussions. Also the head aches take a while to subside.

I understand compleatly. That's why I try to stay as far away from them as possable.

Not to seem contridictory to what I just wrote, but could it be possable that everything in the ST universe really happened in a galixy far far away, and that we are a planet being watched by the Federation untill we gain warp caibabilities? Sorry if this gives anyone head aches.
    edited April 2010
    how did rom manage to go out with leeta?

how?
    edited April 2010
    What impact does Spock Prime have on the new ST timeline? Also, what would happen if Spock 2 died? Would Spock Prime die also? I dislike time loops.

In the end I don't think it will matter. I see the new movie as the first in a trilogy with the last movie having the timeline being restored.
    edited April 2010
    Grecanis wrote: »
    In the end I don't think it will matter. I see the new movie as the first in a trilogy with the last movie having the timeline being restored.

dont get your hopes up

this is the alternate reality now and we have it for better or worse. im 99% sure they wont have it come back in line because its now two separate universes and they will run them as such
    edited April 2010
    dont get your hopes up

this is the alternate reality now and we have it for better or worse. im 99% sure they wont have it come back in line because its now two separate universes and they will run them as such

I think the new universe will be ok, as long as they don't try to recreat any origional series episodes or movies. I'm woried about this because I heard a rumor that they are going to try and recreat Space Seed and/or the Wrath of Khan in the next movie. In my oppinion this would be a huge mistake. Too many people (including me) would spend the entire movie saying "Hey, that isn't in this movie," or "Hey, they killed this part." If they do another alternate universe movie, it needs to be something origional.
    edited April 2010
    dont get your hopes up

Actually, I only say that because ...when was the last time you saw a timeline in ST that didn't get restored?.

The end of the movie certainly left much room for a sequel ;)
    edited April 2010
    Biggest mystery is how God's joke turned out to be so gosh darn sexy.
    edited April 2010
    Actually, I only say that because ...when was the last time you saw a timeline in ST that didn't get restored?.

I'd be fine if they found a way to send "Spock Prime" back to the mainstream ST continuity (Guardian of Forever seems like a pretty obvious way to go).

I don't think they will "undo" the JJ Abrams ST timeline in any case; there's too much marketing potential for the reboot.
    edited April 2010
    I'd be fine if they found a way to send "Spock Prime" back to the mainstream ST continuity (Guardian of Forever seems like a pretty obvious way to go).

I don't think they will "undo" the JJ Abrams ST timeline in any case; there's too much marketing potential for the reboot.

The character of "Spock Prime" is done completely tbh. And "Spock Prime" in the new timeline will try to rebuild the Vulcan culture for the rest of his life and share all of the knowledge he learned throught the 23rd-24th century.

Lemoy himself said this is the last year that he is doing conventions and sci-fi in general. He is now focusing on his photography etc....thank God I have multiple autographs of him and met him in Vegas a few times :D

I say the new biggest mystery from Star Trek (2009) is the location of Admiral Archer's Dog (too lazy/tired to try to spell its name lol). Because of Star Trek (2009) my respect for Scotty decreased a lot and now conisder him a murderer at times lol :eek: .....when I watch ENTERPRISE now, I feel sad/pity for Archer :(
    edited April 2010

timelines always get restored because they have changed that individual timeline, this is the first time they have made an alternate universe

so the original prime universe is still there untouched

so there is no reason to make this new alternate one be fixed. i would be surprised if they did as it would make the whole trilogy of films pointless
    edited April 2010
    I think the new universe will be ok, as long as they don't try to recreat any origional series episodes or movies. I'm woried about this because I heard a rumor that they are going to try and recreat Space Seed and/or the Wrath of Khan in the next movie. In my oppinion this would be a huge mistake. Too many people (including me) would spend the entire movie saying "Hey, that isn't in this movie," or "Hey, they killed this part." If they do another alternate universe movie, it needs to be something origional.

see im a little in two minds, just doing khan would seam a bit easy but being in an alternate reality they can go so far off the course that they could do anything.

what if khan is a good guy helping the federation against a new threat.

what if he gets discovered by the klingons and takes over the klingon empire and become the tyrant we all knew him to be

what if he meets Spock prime and manages to discover what he was and what happened to him in the alternate timeline. how would he react

they can do so many things to make the story so different that i dont think it would matter too much
    edited April 2010
    what if he gets discovered by the klingons and takes over the klingon empire

That's one of the few Khan scenarios I actually would like to see. The klingons find the Botany Bay and revive Khan and his followers. They promptly slaughter the klingon crew, take their ship and start a campaign of terror and conquest in klingon space. The Enterprise crew has to team up with the klingons to stop Khan before he conquers the empire and starts a new Eugenics War on a galactic scale.

If they just tried for a re-hash of Space Seed, no thanks (although seeing Chris Pine's "edgy"/daddy-issues-riddled Kirk getting slapped around by Khan would be worth a chuckle).

Edit: typo
    edited April 2010

Would they be able to send him back with the Guardian? I thought it only had memories or the universe where it existed.
    I say the new biggest mystery from Star Trek (2009) is the location of Admiral Archer's Dog (too lazy/tired to try to spell its name lol). Because of Star Trek (2009) my respect for Scotty decreased a lot and now conisder him a murderer at times lol :eek: .....when I watch ENTERPRISE now, I feel sad/pity for Archer :(

I don't think it was Porthos that Scotty beamed away. If the new universe was the same up to when Nero came then the dog that was beamed away would probably be a different dog, either that or Porthose would have been ancient.
    see im a little in two minds, just doing khan would seam a bit easy but being in an alternate reality they can go so far off the course that they could do anything.

what if khan is a good guy helping the federation against a new threat.

what if he gets discovered by the klingons and takes over the klingon empire and become the tyrant we all knew him to be

what if he meets Spock prime and manages to discover what he was and what happened to him in the alternate timeline. how would he react

they can do so many things to make the story so different that i dont think it would matter too much

It would be interresting to see how Spock prime would react to meeting Khan again. I see how it would be interresting if they made the plot line more origional but still included Khan.
    edited April 2010
    why is it that the only ship in range to do anything is the Enterprise? where is the rest of the fleet?
    edited April 2010
    why is it that the only ship in range to do anything is the Enterprise? where is the rest of the fleet?

Tuesday.

Hidden message
    edited April 2010
    Did you notice that when people order tea from the replicator they always state they want it "hot"? And when they order coffee (or the klingon counterpart), it apparantly comes out hot without this extra statement?

Is the default temperature for tea set to "cold"?
    edited April 2010
    I always assumed it was the to do with iced tea. (Americans, weird buggers)

why the hell anyone would drink cold tea is beyond me though.
    edited April 2010
    TOS' Lt. Leslie. If I had three Lt. Leslies I would own Alpha Quadrant. He worked the engineering station on the bridge most of the time, but I've seen Lt Leslie in security garb and he survived TOS. He even survived death when the Dikironiumcloud creature drained all his red corpuscles. I've seen Leslie in science blues working sick bay. I've seen him in Operations gold playing helmsman for Kirk. I've seen Leslie in a red duty jumpsuit working on the warp core for Scotty. He is everywhere doing everything. I've even seen him in his red shirt sitting in the captain's chair on the Enterprise's bridge! How can this one officer be so brilliant as to wear so many hats, while being nigh indestructible enough to survive being a red shirt and still only be a Lieutenant?

Second favorite mystery is from Enterprise, (the series). Why does Tripp get all the girls?!