Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    777 of 1345 this time of night says it all
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    and funcom merges servers two times after this 'til now :-)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i wonder what the idle time out is..... just stay logged in to avoid the que between sessions not like there is a rest bonus or anthing any way.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    omg u are so right wth the gold spammers
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    rynocs wrote: »
    i wonder what the idle time out is..... just stay logged in to avoid the que between sessions not like there is a rest bonus or anthing any way.

its 15 minutes
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    staying in is not easy if you're kicked.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Godard wrote: »
    Anyone have the numbers on how many people played the game this week? How many players there were at the peak times? Over 100,000 I'd assume.

Numbers are relative to the issue of forcing a que. There could be 10,000 or even 1,000 people playing and if server architecture, design and implementation is poor or below standard the entire system will fail.

Go back and read a few of my posts, I defended Cryptic with the crashes and downtime to make changes to things to improve stability. That is something that has to be done once the doors are opened to the masses upon release.

What does not fly is a hardware issue they both knew about and reported as being rush ordered and worked on during beta. There is no excuse for slapping a que on login, having people be disconnected and get server not responding messages while zoning, etc when the issues were already known.

I did make the comment before that if Cryptic went the way of Turdbine and bought the cheapest TRIBBLE possible to "fix" the hardware issues and then only bought one or two at a time in the HOPES they fixed the problem then it does not really matter how much potential this game has, it is still going to TRIBBLE the pooch.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well i guess actually seeing a que as oppose to cannot connect to login server is better
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Disti wrote: »
    and funcom merges servers two times after this 'til now :-)

true...but you didn't have to wait to get in at launch, which is a serious issue here as it seems.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You'd think that this being their 4th released game that Cryptic would have this whole "server thing" down by now. After the fiasco of server crashes last night and the rebirth of the queue, I guess not. It's as if Cryptic wants this game to fail. Very odd they are having this much "rookie" trouble with their servers. C'mon Cryptic, try learning something from your past releases, will you? The mind boggles.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Motokorth wrote: »
    They had a queue in since head start. You have two choices either accept the queue or let the servers crash and burn while we wait for the new hardware to be added.

During release of new expansions wow get's queues on some of the popular servers and they are way past beta.

No They Had a broken queue since Headstart and. The PPL have said we Don't want it other then maybe 30 who think it's great. But when u only have 3 hr's to play on a week day and u spead 1.5 to 2 hr's in a Queue This isn't worth paing a Sub For. They need to do what they said they would do for the last month BUY SOME FU??ING SERVERS ALREADY AND GET RID OF THE STUPID CLUSTER AND DO SINGLE SERVER OR AT LEAST HAVE 3 TO 4 CLUSTER"S the is BS!!!! I STARTED AT 150 OUT 200 THEN 250 OUT 290 NOW i'M 489 OUT 670 WTF WHY PUT THE SAME BROKEN QUEUE BACK IN ARE U DUMB.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Login queues are fine by me. Waiting to play sucks, but it's to be expected when you offer something like Star Trek in a playable format. I'll bet there are more gamers playing this that have never played a MMO and are playing this JUST because it's Star Trek. 465 out of 710....I can wait.

How about when u get on then get kicked out 5 mins in loggin in to a Plantet. Is it still fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NickKmet wrote: »
    do you guys even read the announcements when you open your client up? They're supposed to be installing new servers this weekend. The game has been out for less than a week. Calm down and be a little more patient.

Get your Fact straight They had this problem since Open Beta and was getting new server's. Then Headstart was nothing but the same BS a OB and was Down 2/3 of the Head Start so yes it make's ppl mad when they say hehe we are getting them wow we really thott this game would suck like are other MMO's. so we didn't buy but 3 server's
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Darkrau wrote:
    How about when u get on then get kicked out 5 mins in loggin in to a Plantet. Is it still fine.

Naaa..that sucks and I feel your pain Darkrau. It's to be expected and I would rather see a message of when I can get back in, but that's just me. If I did get kicked and put back in placement 2232 I would be batsh!t crazy; that hasn't happened yet and it still 100% better then not getting in the game at all for days and days. Good luck!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    151 of 889 after an hour wait
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    447 of 987......I have moved 9 slots in 10 minutes....Back to WoW....thanks for the $50.00 rip off cryptic.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Annalyn wrote: »
    447 of 987......I have moved 9 slots in 10 minutes....Back to WoW....thanks for the $50.00 rip off cryptic.

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT

You so funny
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My son and I want to play today. I have two accounts, and we logged in on two machines. I got in slightly quicker and my queue reads 761 out of 1011. He got in about a minute later and his reads 41 out of 671.

Our queues are also moving at very different rates.

What is up with this?

I want free days added to my subscription before I have to pay again. If the service isn't available, I shouldn't be charged for it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    im at 580 out of 1011
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    155 of 998 after 45 min wait, started at 601/601... I dd rather wait to log in stable game that wont crash every 30 min and have u redo same mission 3 times... They ll improve the capacity but at least this way, they wont overload the servers... Good move Cryptic !
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am beginning to dislike this company? This is how you go to chapter 13
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Naaa..that sucks and I feel your pain Darkrau. It's to be expected and I would rather see a message of when I can get back in, but that's just me. If I did get kicked and put back in placement 2232 I would be batsh!t crazy; that hasn't happened yet and it still 100% better then not getting in the game at all for days and days. Good luck!

Yes I understand the at least we get to play and your prolly right They could shut down for a week and get it fixed right but then u would really see ppl flip.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow I got dissconnected, and get to enjoy Queue again,
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JayByrd wrote:
    484 out of 651 AFTER getting kicked out mid-mission. lame.

lol im 741 out of 742 after playing most of the afternoon, ****kin gg Cryptic!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Darkrau wrote:
    Yes I understand the at least we get to play and your prolly right They could shut down for a week and get it fixed right but then u would really see ppl flip.

Exactly....I'm not saying that you aren't correct. It sucks bigtime, but just as you pointed out, it could be much much worse. The sun could go supernova and kill us all while we wait here in queue hell, then what would we do? TRIBBLE about how hot it is? Yea...that sounds about right.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Darkrau wrote:

forget them.... they are a company! If you are in the business of MMO's then get it right, or at least learn from the mistakes made in the past, don't repeat them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My son is in the game now, and I'm still 717th in the queue, even though I logged in first. I'm happy he can play, but c'mon people, get your stuff straightened out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    321 out of 1012 - still waiting
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My son is in the game now, and I'm still 717th in the queue, even though I logged in first. I'm happy he can play, but c'mon people, get your stuff straightened out.

agreed agreed
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kicked out...713 of 739 :mad: