Login Que now?

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Fan Bois to the left of me
    Complainers to the right...
    Here I am stuck in the Queue again.

We are all members of the Queue Continuum!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    "funny" part is that the que is same for both factions..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Col_Slade wrote:
    Fan Bois to the left of me
    Complainers to the right...
    Here I am stuck in the Queue again.

We are all members of the Queue Continuum!

lol..........
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kjarista wrote:
    WoW had huge queues when they went live.

I know, but you'd think cryptic would learn from other games mistakes. I was there for Wrath release but stayed away a few days and managed to play since my server was low pop..It's just I feel a bit swindled having paid out a lot to play.

£24.99 Game
    £0.00 30 days free
    £7.50 Credits
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Why is it that all MMO's fail at capacity planning?

MMO's have been around for nearly a decade now we shouldn't still have these kind of issues at launch. Bugs? Sure.
    Lack of server capacity? No.

This is why you need a public open beta to stress your servers and help plan for the needed capacity at launch so we don't end up with long ques and server instability.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not that it's too much of a big deal, but for the people actually 'in the game' to get booted and then have to wait is a little screwy. I'm sure that they'll figure this out and get it fixed. Give em credit, it's a fun game and it is the opening weekend for it so they're bound to be bogged down some.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Zxern wrote:
    Why is it that all MMO's fail at capacity planning?

MMO's have been around for nearly a decade now we shouldn't still have these kind of issues at launch. Bugs? Sure.
    Lack of server capacity? No.

This is why you need a public open beta to stress your servers and help plan for the needed capacity at launch so we don't end up with long ques and server instability.

This is because no company in their right minds, will plan on having 100% of their subscribers on the servers 100% of the time.:eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    666 out of 666 This had better be a short term thing.

Talk about totally underestimating the demand.

To Que or not to Que this is the question. I knew Q would come into it somewere.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Castor wrote: »
    I

The que was just added in the last 24 hours to keep the server from crashing. It is a **** poor attempt of fixing a problem that can only be fixed by adding servers to the cluster. Putting a que on the login process that makes people wait for others to log out before I can play is about as low as a company can go to rip off a customer in this industry.

Actually, this is a false statement. The Queue was added during Open beta.

That being said, yes, waiting to play a game that I own is a bit annoying.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kodrac wrote:
    299 of 299 **** that! I'll find something else to do.

AMEN! I'm going to play call of duty. I may not subscribe either, if some of the things that are important to me aren't addressed by the time my account comes due in its billing cycle.

Also, I've noticed my client only crashes on the weekends when there's the login queue...

I play all week without a queue, and my client doesn't crash...the servers do, but not my client...

Its now the weekend, and its crashed 3 times on my in the past 2 hours...only difference is when I try to get back on, I have to wait at the back of the line of 400+ people...

No thanks, I'll play something else
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Underestimating is no big deal. Incredibly long delays in FIXING IT pushes it into another realm entirely. They didn't plan or prepare for it, obviously, and they're gonna lose a LOT of player because of it. Queues weren't bad in the 80s, when BBSes were the thing ..... but these days queues mean death. And the sad part, to me, is that I like the game ..... but I'm now 232 of 670 ...... and this is a KNOWN issue and not being fixed within 24hours (they've known and apologize about it since Release-day).

So far, the Devs seems to be rockin' out and patching the heck out of stuff ..... but VERY crazy program management goin' on here. I hope they do something about it before it kills the rep of this game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    usa comes online...server capacity too low.....

but why they cut off existing connections for new from inside usa i can't even imagine.....

fact is every day when usa comes online the eu goes off....its not funny anymore....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Were they supporsed to up the bandwidth this weekend? Still overtaxed it?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    not funny... really NOT funny.
    Zone change ... back to Login screen. Now i have to wait in a Row with 600+ other Player.

WHY? Let me back instantly when i'm forced to leave....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wondering how long would it take for them to add a few more servers and have them up and running? With the amount of revenue they had from the game release, subs and points they'd be rolling about laughing and skipping about. But it is a weekend and they are probably all enjoying a weekend off whilst leaving a few poor saps in charge of the whole shebang.

Unless they are trying to play too and are queueing..oh irony! xD
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    639 of 750.....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    During Open Beta they found out their current hardware was not up to the demand and said they had put a rush order on new hardware to solve this..... That was 3 weeks ago. At this point I dont trust them anymore, they should of had the new hardware in place with in a few days not weeks as a customer im left thinking maybe they dont have the money for new hardware and are stringing us along and milking us till they can afford new hardware.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, in their defense, this is a unique weekend in that most of the US East Coast is snowed-in, so everyone is online, in one form or another. Talk about server-kill -- put 110million Americans here on the East Coast, stuck inside the house, with their computers/etc ..... and yes, it will tax/overload any network. <lol>
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    461/737 seems we are not alone anymore....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    do you guys even read the announcements when you open your client up? They're supposed to be installing new servers this weekend. The game has been out for less than a week. Calm down and be a little more patient.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hey remember WoW?

http://www.leagueofpirates.com/sirvival/queuedance.html

Was like this for 3 months after launch. Kthx
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    234 0f 635

Logging in is futile
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Disti wrote: »
    not only wow...eve online was unplayable 1/2 year....

you can see we all can have hope....

eve made it...sto will make it also...

No it wont because we are "fanbois" and defend everything right? STO is doomed because it launched like every other MMO except better. But we notice this because we are "fanbois" </sarcasm>
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    not only wow...eve online was unplayable 1/2 year....

you can see we all can have hope....

eve made it...sto will make it also...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, let's PRAY this additional server infrastructure is added before the weekend is over. We all know this should have been done BEFORE retail start.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    there is a problem when I am in a Queue, and people in my fleet who log in AFTER me, go straight into the game....

Really, that just happened...

TWO people who tried logging in after me actually went straight to the game.

while I was still sitting in Queue...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Anyone have the numbers on how many people played the game this week? How many players there were at the peak times? Over 100,000 I'd assume.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    AoC never had this kind of queue at launch...however Funcom managed to double the server capacity within three days.

93 of 764 :P
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    100,000 ... 1,000,000 ... shouldn't matter. Prepare to scale as needed. Have back-ups. This isn't the 1950s where you order something and it's there in 3-4 months.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Login queues are fine by me. Waiting to play sucks, but it's to be expected when you offer something like Star Trek in a playable format. I'll bet there are more gamers playing this that have never played a MMO and are playing this JUST because it's Star Trek. 465 out of 710....I can wait.