test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Que now?

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    lol...i was 362 of 1000, then i was 368 of 985, and now i'm 362 of 994. why the heck did i jump up in the que instead of down? do some people have access to the front of the line that i don't know about?
    edited February 2010
    Wow...all this posting and I moved up to 205 out of 832 now.....and only 6 mins....not bad.
    edited February 2010
    Wow...all this posting and I moved up to 205 out of 832 now.....and only 6 mins....not bad.

Like the Farther and son said The queue is broke it work's for some ppl and some have to wait 2 hr's. I'm finially Back to what I 1st enter queue like 160. But what was sad is I started low then bumped me back hopfully mine is working now and I'm really 160 :-P and cross your fingers that I don't get booted from game doing a Mission and have do queue again :-P hehe I better make sure I do low PoP mission's this time hehe AWW Yeah and I been in this queue for 40 min's so yeah wish 5 min's
    edited February 2010
    Got disconnected, so I relog and go from 500 to first in queue. I get in the game, get after-load lag (typical 3-5 min of rubber-banding until everything catches up) and appear in a swarm of 20 enemy ships. Watch my ship explode laggingly and press respawn.

Finally respawn and get spawn-killed by another swarm of enemy ships, can't get it to respawn again. Leave the game in frustration to relog and hope for a faster start-up without lag (usually works the second time) and now I'm in a 1k queue and paying $15 a month for it. Not to mention it was the first time I died as well, FMSTOL.

Thanks Cryptic
    edited February 2010
    i'm logined and in a que...... 958 of 970. i'll be queing for days. they should of had the new servers up and running by launch day. not wait to 2 weeks or so. they are going to loss players this way.
    edited February 2010
    892 of 1034... still, beats random login tries and getting ''Server is Full Message". Tough pill to swallow after last night's primetime outage though. Good thing Mass Effect 2 is also a great game. :cool:
    edited February 2010
    574 out of 694. Guess I don't play today. They knew that they would have this problem in OB. I'm thinking they are just waiting for people to canx their accounts so they don't need new servers. Those that like the game will stay, those that are not sure may drop. Easy way to get rid of fodder. I'm gonna stick around
    edited February 2010
    Just wait until you finally get through the queue, only to have the load fail and are put back into the queue at the bottom. Joy.

I'm getting tired of them saying they are ordering servers. How about expanding capacity more than like 2-5% at a time? Then you don't have to order as often and make the customers suffer for days.
    edited February 2010
    I dont mind the queue if Im just logging in....but having to wait to get back in becuase the server S%$t itself is getting old.
    edited February 2010
    Ablaze wrote:
    892 of 1034... still, beats random login tries and getting ''Server is Full Message". Tough pill to swallow after last night's primetime outage though. Good thing Mass Effect 2 is also a great game. :cool:

If I had my own starship I would head straight for Cryptic and blast them out of the stars!
    edited February 2010
    Kirkalus wrote: »

To Que or not to Que this is the question. I knew Q would come into it somewere.

Except the spelling is pants :), To Queue or not to Queue
    edited February 2010
    This sucks.....
    Twice now I was long a$$ que times just to get Disconnected from server.
    WTF?

Come on.... I hope they start doing like wow and refund some of our money for missed game time on thier part.
    edited February 2010
    574 out of 694. Guess I don't play today. They knew that they would have this problem in OB. I'm thinking they are just waiting for people to canx their accounts so they don't need new servers. Those that like the game will stay, those that are not sure may drop. Easy way to get rid of fodder. I'm gonna stick around

Hehe if any Co. Would do this for real they would be Killed by the Stock Holder's When 6 month's at 15 dollors a Month Will get you Alot more Money then those couple server's. But hell there prolly calling over to there other MMO's and saing hey guy's Fix it so we can take the server's from CO We only got 50k plaing it if there lucky :-P
    edited February 2010

Fodder = $$$ That wouldn't be a smart business move IMO. Very hard to get people back once they give up on a MMO.
    edited February 2010
    Panzer88 wrote:

Finally respawn and get spawn-killed by another swarm of enemy ships, can't get it to respawn again. Leave the game in frustration to relog and hope for a faster start-up without lag (usually works the second time) and now I'm in a 1k queue and paying $15 a month for it.

Thanks Cryptic

Your not paying anything yet for it....first month was for no charge (because they knew this stuff would happen).
    edited February 2010
    freemarz wrote: »
    lol...i was 362 of 1000, then i was 368 of 985, and now i'm 362 of 994. why the heck did i jump up in the que instead of down? do some people have access to the front of the line that i don't know about?

I Jumped from the 200's to 890 so fill good u only got screwed out of a few place's but at least 45 min's later I'm like 68 if they don't jump me back again
    edited February 2010
    Is anyone even in game atm?
    If the servers are down thats one thing but I keep waiting in que to find myself disconnected from the server
    edited February 2010
    MrWinkie wrote: »
    Your not paying anything yet for it....first month was for no charge (because they knew this stuff would happen).

Bogus arguement. The first month of play is built into the cost of the retail product. Buy the game two months from now, you'll still get a month of play before subscription fees kick in.
    edited February 2010
    ooooo 327, my lucky number LOL
    edited February 2010
    Ablaze wrote:
    Bogus arguement. The first month of play is built into the cost of the retail product. Buy the game two months from now, you'll still get a month of play before subscription fees kick in.

This is correect and buy the game next year u get game for free because it be like 15.00 dollors for game and a free month Which = Free So yeah saing u get free month because u only play 10 hr's the 1st month is just Stupid. But it sounded good.
    edited February 2010
    I was playing the game for an hour, got kicked for no apparent reason and know I'm in the Que. :( 1027 out of 1073
    edited February 2010
    MrWinkie wrote: »

What they said ^

(Regardless of the included "free" month in the price, I did pay 60 bucks for it)
    edited February 2010
    Great I can create an alt char and log in, but I can't log in on my main char...
    Whats up with that?
    And once again in line with a 1k+ que.....
    edited February 2010
    Lantean wrote: »
    I was playing the game for an hour, got kicked for no apparent reason and know I'm in the Que. :( 1027 out of 1073

1027 is at least a Hr wait. They should have a sign like Adventure world on the ride's. If u can see this sign u got about a 3 hr wait. :-P Yeah This Blow's Not to say if u want to play your Alt u can't because u would have to wait another hr or 2 U shouldn't get LOG OFF TO SWITCH> THIS IS A STUPID WAY TO DO IT.
    edited February 2010
    I was wrong 262 is my new lucky number!
    edited February 2010
    Sweet, my reward for getting to Captain is to be promptly booted off the server and to face this queue.
    edited February 2010
    Sweet, my reward for getting to Captain is to be promptly booted off the server and to face this queue.

Reward is a dish best served cold! LOL :p
    edited February 2010
    So I totally understand it takes time to bring up a fully clustered environment with the right people and resources but I totally expect this issue to die at some point in the very near future to more acceptable wait times.

Given that STO has become one of the most succesful MMO's in a number of years (at least by sales numbers), I would do everything possible to make sure you keep people interested.

Currently Im playing Warcraft again while I wait in the queue of 1027 people. :rolleyes:
    edited February 2010
    WTF after waiting 1.5 hours, get to play cross into another zone and get dropped back to the login screen!!!
    edited February 2010
    lol after 2 hours in this que TRIBBLE, its time for dinner with the fam. guess i wont be playing tonight. ques just got bumped by one people. have fun.