test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login Que now?

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
edited February 2010 in The Academy
I understand the process of updating or expanding servers to meet the demand of people so the server cluster does not crash but a que to wait to be able to get logged in is beyond anything a paying customer should be waiting on.

Before any of the normal kis pop in and say it is the first week, blah, blah ,blah get some facts straight.

The que was just added in the last 24 hours to keep the server from crashing. It is a **** poor attempt of fixing a problem that can only be fixed by adding servers to the cluster. Putting a que on the login process that makes people wait for others to log out before I can play is about as low as a company can go to rip off a customer in this industry.

I am currently waiting for 102 other spots to open and be filled before I can even log in. This is not beta, this is not a free-to-play game. I spent money to have access to the game when the servers were up and not being worked on or patched. Cryptic has just broken it's own ToS and EULA.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They had a queue in since head start. You have two choices either accept the queue or let the servers crash and burn while we wait for the new hardware to be added.

During release of new expansions wow get's queues on some of the popular servers and they are way past beta.
    edited February 2010
    299 of 299 **** that! I'll find something else to do.
    edited February 2010
    currently number 34 of 354..........
    edited February 2010
    Castor wrote: »
    I am currently waiting for 102 other spots to open and be filled before I can even log in. This is not beta, this is not a free-to-play game. I spent money to have access to the game when the servers were up and not being worked on or patched. Cryptic has just broken it's own ToS and EULA.

Maybe you should buy Cryptic some more servers.
    edited February 2010
    Motokorth wrote: »
    During release of new expansions wow get's queues on some of the popular servers and they are way past beta.

Yep. with the release of their latest expansion, my (medium population) server was experiencing queues of up to 20 minutes for about a month afterward.

Queues happen with something very popular. In fact, I'm honestly a bit relieved that there are queues in the first place. It means that the game has a large audience and will likely continue to grow, more servers will sprout up, and more time and dedication (as if there's not enough already!) will be given towards this game.
    edited February 2010
    I was in-game doing a mission, it kicks me out, then places me in the que. #168
    edited February 2010
    I do not even get to the queue. It hangs at connecting to the account server a while and then kicks me back to the login.:mad:
    edited February 2010
    Radkip wrote: »
    Yep. with the release of their latest expansion, my (medium population) server was experiencing queues of up to 20 minutes for about a month afterward.

Queues happen with something very popular. In fact, I'm honestly a bit relieved that there are queues in the first place. It means that the game has a large audience and will likely continue to grow, more servers will sprout up, and more time and dedication (as if there's not enough already!) will be given towards this game.

This is not true, it could also mean they don't have enough for the customers they already have, which seems more likely then what you have stated.
    edited February 2010
    337 / 442

Awesome! And people keep comparing this Game to Wow.. Hmm yes, at least in WoW I don't have to queue to play..
    edited February 2010
    It sounds to me like you have never played a very popular game.

I'll list some stuff that I've dealt with in my experience.

EVE Online: CCP will throttle logins whenever necessary to make sure that the server is not hammered after it has been worked on. This is common after a patch or an unexpected downtime.

Planetside: While you could get into the game and do stuff, if you wanted to go to the popular place, you would have to wait in a queue before you could access the continent. This was a balance item as well as an item to save the servers from frying themselves. Combat used to get really intense and multiple contlocks during prime were not unheard of.

WoW: This is one a lot of people have had experience with. Queues on WoW are legendary. Just google them.

Queues are indicative of a popular game, not a bad design. Why can CCP manage EVE without a queue at even heavy use peak times? For one thing, CCP has been running EVE for many years now, and they have some pretty awesome servers running the game.

Just give Cryptic some time. The fact that there is a queue should make you happy. It means that more and more people are wanting to play the game. If you didn't know, that's a good thing.

Also, the game was just released on Tuesday. It takes time for servers to arrive and be deployed into the system so that they can actually help out the game.
    edited February 2010
    Well, I finally got past the queue .... then I was stuck on the loading screen for 20 minutes ... only for it to pop up and say "too long idle" and log me off. What the heck!?!?!?!?!?!?
    edited February 2010
    was beaming down for a mission and got a game server didnt respond. logged me out and now sitting in a queue to get back on... very annoying.

:mad:
    edited February 2010
    409 for me. I tink cryptic underestimated the demand for this game :eek:
    edited February 2010
    I'm #391 of #391. Uhm.... Maybe I will get the chance to play tonight. ...
    edited February 2010
    I think all the gold spammers are logging in and kicking everyone else off.

I hope they are enjoying themselves, spamming the chat to death with nobody to give a damn since we are all out waiting to get back in.
    edited February 2010
    ya, maybe later on tonight. 5 min wait to go from 450 to 449... this could get ugly.
    edited February 2010
    Telaura wrote: »
    Maybe you should buy Cryptic some more servers.

Why? That's what our subscription fees are supposed to do.
    edited February 2010
    101 of 593..... and stuck there it seems
    edited February 2010
    Vervada wrote:
    337 / 442

Awesome! And people keep comparing this Game to Wow.. Hmm yes, at least in WoW I don't have to queue to play..

Not sure when you play, but I got cues about once a week when I played.
    edited February 2010
    Vervada wrote:
    337 / 442

WoW had huge queues when they went live.
    edited February 2010
    this is so ****ed up. I would not mind it as much if I would not end up in the queue after the damn server kicked me out! I understand this is necessary, but please, I have about 2 hours to play a day and being stuck in a queue for half the time is no fun. Especially if I pay for the privilege of playing...
    edited February 2010
    ooooo, 96 of 620 now...
    edited February 2010
    Just because ther is no que doesnt mean you get logged in. The alternative to queueing is that you keep getting thrown out and have to log in again and again until you happen to hit an empty space. No quarentee this will ever happen so you could try for hour and hours without even knowing how many people are also trying to get logged in.

A queue, though annoying, is a better solution. If you dont like how many are in front of you then you can just come back latter.
    edited February 2010
    Sorry guys, but queuing when I've entered my retail key is a no no; I'm going to go off and do other things (yeah, I can actually play other games or watch TV, etc.) but each evening I can't log in when *I* want to, I'll be noting, and claiming back some game time at the end of the month.

I'm not going to rant and rail and say WHAT AM I PAYING FOR but just quietly put my request in.

Really would have thought that about half a year after the CO Launch (and after every other MMO launch in history so far!) that numbers would be up for allowing us all in ;)
    edited February 2010
    484 out of 651 AFTER getting kicked out mid-mission. lame.
    edited February 2010
    331 out of 641, only reason I'm in the que is because I was BOOTED off the damn server from lag....and now I have to wait to get back in....awesome town
    edited February 2010
    Before they put the queue in during OB (or was it headstart?) the server just refused your login, and you had to keep clicking the login button, and hope to get lucky. This is better, believe me.
    edited February 2010
    I have 299 computers logged in mwa ha ha ha
    edited February 2010
    171 of 415...just awesome!
    edited February 2010
    lets see...played all morning no prob. then logged out for lunch and time with the wife. logged in real quick. got booted from server while loading to warp space. then got into que...was 45 of 45. got in and played for 15 min before getting booted from server (again while loading in to warp space). then i was que 311 of 400 when i got booted fromt he que! "disconnected from server." then i was 623 in que when i tried again. well, time to go play with the wife and the dog and watch some tv. glad i can play during the week...oh wait, i work, weekends are my only game time.