What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tribble FAQ - Tribble Breeding for Fun and, well, Loss

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If anyone is searching for the rare foods/drinks, DS9 has a few of them in Quark's Bar for a mere 20 credits each (chateau picard, slug-o-cola, etc.). Don't get them from the exchange at the much higher rates. I haven't found a place that sells Klingon foods yet, but there are a few other star bases I've not visited.

Edit: Here is a list

Cardassian Kanar
    Chateau Picard
    Vulcan Spice tea
    Slug-O-Cola
    Cardassian Yamok Sauce
    Saurian Brandy
    Bajoran Jumja Stick
    Bajoran Larish Pie
    Banana Split
    Thalian Chocolate Mousse
    Betazoid Uttaberry
    Bajoran Moba Fruit
    Cardassian Zabu Stew
    Vulcan Plomeek Soup

Double Edit:
    Looks like Sto-Intel has a list of foods and where to get them as well: http://sto-intel.org/wiki/Food
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Troglis wrote: »
    So i bred a new Tribble about 2 hours ago, ive been reading through this whole thread and looked at all the screen shots so unless someone else posted it somewhere else on the internet, I found another breed to add to the mix. Its called Highison.....1 Hr Regen Buff. Colors Light purple w/Dark purple stripes looks like an M. .

That brings the list up to 20 tribbles. Do you happen to know what food/tribble combination produced this one?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    IfniLuck wrote:
    That brings the list up to 20 tribbles. Do you happen to know what food/tribble combination produced this one?

Mattson + Romulan Ale = Highison
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just dabbling at it randomly, this is what I've gotten so far...

feline supplement 74 + polygeminus grex sparkes = vitales

ferengi jellied gree worm + vitales = tuffli

betazed ultaberry + sparkes = thompson

saurian brandy + sparkes = susilo

thompson + croissant = sparkes

sparkes + klingon gladst = thompson

tuffli + quadrotriticale = stahl

(sparkes would not eat croissant, sat in inventory for 2 days)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So has does anyone know how to breed the Mattson?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I had no idea I could have been breeding Tribbles. I've just been trashing them. D'oh!

/facepalm
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Miuramir wrote:
    Due to the forum limitation of 11,000 characters, this FAQ has to be split up into multiple posts. This sub-FAQ is on Tribble Powers. Other sections are linked here for quick reference:

Primary FAQ
    Tribble Powers (you are here)
    Tribble Breeds

Tribble Powers

Following are the known tribble powers. These can be used by most Federation player characters and bridge officers. It is reported that the Klingon species bridge officer of a Federation player has a mutually negative reaction to the tribble, as expected from the source material; it's not clear if this means they cannot benefit from the powers, or is merely a humorous animation. It is possible for Federation players to unlock Klingons as a playable species (currently by purchasing in the C-Store for 240 Cryptic Points); their reaction to tribbles is unknown at this time.

Right-clicking on a tribble's icon gives a short menu, with the option "Info"; the info screen gives details on the tribble's sub-species and activatable power.

Healing:
    An out of combat self heal
    1.25s activate, 6s recharge
    "Petting this sub-species of tribble will have the effect of stimulating the body's natural healing capabilities."
    [exact effects unknown]

Resistance Buff:
    A long duration out of combat self damage resistance buff
    "Petting this sub-species of tribble will have the effect of slightly stimulating the body's natural ability to resist all types of damage."
    [Adds 1% Resistance to most types of ground damage, with a duration of 1 hour. This does carry over into space combat, although it's not clear if it affects anything useful. Overrides Damage Buff, canceling it.]

Damage Buff:
    A long duration out of combat self damage buff
    "Petting this sub-species of tribble will have the effect of slightly stimulating the body's natural production of adrenoline, improving one's damage capabilities."
    [Adds ???, with a duration of 1 hour. This does carry over into space combat, although it's not clear if it affects anything useful. Overrides Resistance Buff, canceling it.]

Regeneration Buff
    [Adds ???, with a duration of 1 hour]

Combat Skill Buff
    [???]

Last updated 2010-02-03, with info from Live (Holodeck)

Having a federation Klingon and a tribble I decided to help you out. Yes they do have a reaction to the tribble that is very fitting. Not sure if they get the buff or not.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Excellent work. Thank you so much! =)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Much appreciated to the OP and everyone else for the Tribble info. I hope to be able to breed some of the rarer ones in the future. I think that is hillarious when Klingons act negatively towards Tribbles.
    Everyone who loves tribbles needs to join the counterpart to PETA.

PETT - People for the Ethical Treatment of Tribbles.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nice thread. 2 of my buddy's wanna start a "farm". Think i've to give them the link to your guide. Thx for it!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Great thread. I guess some people have never heard of a tribble. The Trouble with Tribbles was an orginal series episode. In the end, Scotty beams the tribbles to the Klingon ship and since that time, the klingons have always had "trouble" with tribbles which is why they drop from klingons sometimes.

Tribbles were once considered mortal enemies of the Klingon empire. Hundreds of Kilngon warriors tracked them down throughout the galaxy and an armada destroyed the tribble homeworld (according to worf) Supposedly the tribbles were eradicated by the end of the 23rd century.

3 degress of separation from Kevin Bacon
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is great fun I have to give my thanks to who ever thought this one up. Great job. Also thanks to all my fellow tribble breeders.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've bred about 70 Tribbles so far and gotten 5 with other than "out of combat self heal" buffs.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Found a breed new to me, Polygemious Grex Ricosa. Has 2 buffs, the self resistance buff and the damage buff. Both buff icons appear when I 'use' the tribble.
    Still trying to find out what bred this one. I had a Resistance buff tribble in my inv, picked up about 4 food items during a ground mission and discovered this new breed when I was selling up at Sol.

I *think* it was one of the stew food items but I never made a list of what I looted during the away mission.

The colour is light brown/ginger base with about 8-9 small black dots.

Will post more info if I ever find out what food item it was =)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Awesome.

It almost makes me want to have Tribbles in my food stores. :-)

It is stuff like this that makes me have hope for STO: a seemingly complex and mysterious game sub-culture beyond the pew-pew and the push-f-key that is on the surface.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Huh. I'll have to start breeding tribbles sometime off of commander grade food drops.

Also.. What have I done; everyone has forum tribbles in their sigs now! XD
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Parv wrote:
    Much appreciated to the OP and everyone else for the Tribble info. I hope to be able to breed some of the rarer ones in the future. I think that is hillarious when Klingons act negatively towards Tribbles.
    Everyone who loves tribbles needs to join the counterpart to PETA.

PETT - People for the Ethical Treatment of Tribbles.

Should be a tag that we put in our sigs pointing back to this thread :p

EDIT:
    @Parv: I am going to put this in my sig when I create it. What do you think?

(¯)(¯)(¯) Member of PETT - People for the Ethical Treatment of Tribbles. (¯) (¯) (¯)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Gorn should be able to eat tribbles.

That's the real reason the Klingons annexed the Gorn; tribble population control. The food buff should be pretty significant and sometimes cause a hacking, hairball sound.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    IfniLuck wrote:

Wow your tribble guide in your sig is amazing!
    Thanks for taking the time to do all that and put up pictures! :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh I am so joined to the PETT.
    lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks for posting this, it's extremely useful, i will spread the word and love of Tribbles! :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ...I started with just 1 tribble and a stack of food yesterday and now all my Officers carry 4 tribbles each - away missions are continuous a squeak-fest!
    Interesting that my Klingon officer is just as happy to whip one of his tribbles out and pet away just like the rest of them... :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the game needs a tribble-sink or it will be overrun.

How bout something that can be purchased with tribbles?

How bout using tribble tossing as a special weapon. Watch the klingons flee!

How bout tribble stew consumable?

I think it would be awesome to be able to puchase stuff with tribbles!!!! Great Idea!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Has anyone been able to breed the Best Buy tribble, and if so, what were the results. I'm gonna try tonight and see what I get.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mystyrys wrote: »
    LT7 and I still haven't looted one! /cry

I know, I could buy one, but... I want to take in a stray! Not one from a tribble mill! :P

ha ha ha GREAT!!!!! lol
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh TRIBBLE these things are alive? i thought they were truffles of some kind so ive been selling them on exchange for 1 credit each
    i feel guilty now
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've been breeding for a while now and today I bred one i've never seen before. it's orangey-ish with dark spots, and it does +Damage AND +resistence buffs!

anyone else seen this?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Intrepidox wrote: »
    I've been breeding for a while now and today I bred one i've never seen before. it's orangey-ish with dark spots, and it does +Damage AND +resistence buffs!

anyone else seen this?

Sounds like orange is the color to aim for. The BB Tribble is also Orange, and does damage, resistance, and health.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sounds like orange is the color to aim for. The BB Tribble is also Orange, and does damage, resistance, and health.

I seem to have some good breeding stock :D so i'll carry on and see what else I can get. i'm aiming to collect 3 of every type + extra's for me and my bridge crew :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My klingon officer won't carry one, it just keeps ending up in my inventory! lol